Zombie Outbreak!

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Nautilus

Zombie Outbreak!

Postby Nautilus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:44 pm UTC

What would you do if, right now, you glanced out your window/down your stairwell/through your sliding glass door, and you saw a zombie? With organs hanging out, clearly dead, yet still moving? What would you do?
The format for this will be like the format of the Escape From Raptors thread, but serious. I want a realistic idea about what you would do if you saw a zombie right now. You can't say anything you couldn't actually do- no "I go into my garage and get out my full sized-military tank and blow the zombie to bits" unless you actually have a fully sized military-grade tank.
For those of you who haven't seen the Escape From Raptors thread, the format is this:

Person One: I see a zombie outside my window, freeze, grab my play bow and arrow and start shooting at it

Person Two: Unless you have a lot of practice with a bow, you're not going to hit, let alone kill a moving zombie target. The zombie would probably notice you and beeline straight at you.
I see a zombie smash into my sliding glass door, fifteen feet away from me. I freak out a little bit and then grab a nearby guitar case and smash through the sliding glass door to bludgeon the zombie with it.

First, assess the previous person's response, realistically, then write your own response.
Spoiler:
I got inspired to make this by reading the Zombie Survival Guide and the Escape From Raptors thread. Great literature.
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

Nautilus

Re: Zombie Outbreak!

Postby Nautilus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:46 pm UTC

I'll start.

I see a zombie lurching up my driveway. It's gray and groaning. I blink from the coincidence that a zombie would show up right as I'm writing this post, then run into my basement and grab a heavy copper pole. I go into the driveway and swing as hard as I can at the zombie's head.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:40 pm UTC

You just have a pole lying around? The only thing i could think of would be a lamp, which is kind of unwieldy...

If a zombie popped up in the doorway of this room, I'd probably throw my blue plastic chair at it. It's sort of spherical, and kind of heavy. Probably wouldn't kill it, but i think it'd stall enough for me to run out the window.
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.
I think the latter group is awesome.

psychosomaticism

Postby psychosomaticism » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 am UTC

A plastic chair? Impromptu ranged weapons rarely fair well against the undead, and unless you had a good deal of force in your throw, the zombie probably wouldn't blink (well, he wouldn't anyway), and continue towards you, who is now sans chair with which to prop against a door, because I would personally find getting out of a window a little time consuming, as I don't normally do so myself.

I would grab the sheets on my bed and throw them in a draping fashion over the zombie, so as to cause a stumble and entanglement, and just run. No heroics for me, as I doubt my zombie-fighting abilities.

sillybear25
civilized syllabub
Location: Look at me, I'm putting a meta-joke in the Location field.

Postby sillybear25 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 am UTC

Have you ever even tried throwing large sheets of fabric? In order to get it to drape over the zombie the way you want, you'd have to get awfully close...

I'd grab my bass guitar to use as an impromptu club. Sure, it's kind of unwieldy, but it's still sturdy and relatively heavy (being made of solid wood and all). At the very least, it'd work until I got my hands on a better weapon.
This space intentionally left blank.

kevmus

Postby kevmus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:23 am UTC

A guitar makes noise! If it makes any while you hit the zombie, others might hear you!

Kevmus's totally realistic zombie plan (no one limited length, so...)

I see a zombie standing outside my bedroom window. If the zombie hasn't noticed me by now, I grab supplies listed below, in rough order of importance. I assume that an outbreak has started, so I open my bedroom door, look through the peephole in my front door and my front window.

Supplies before leaving home:
Wooden Baseball bat
Swiss army knife
Cellphone
Backpack (dump out the contents of my school bag)
Canned food, with can opener
Bottle of water

IF(I see no zombies on this side of the house, and everything seems calm and ordinary)
I grab my netbook and supercool portable printer. I get in my car.

IF(I see a couple of zombies and there is some panic OR I see cars/obstacles on the road)
Curse under my breath. I get in my bike

I then make my way toward my nearest gun-toting friend, while calling him. (I live in a small town of appx. 20k people, assuming that the outbreak is relatively new, I should be able to get there safely, especially since he lives 10 minutes away by bike or much less by car. Otherwise, I'm screwed anyways)

He has a shotgun and a hunting rifle. I borrow one of his guns (whichever he prefers least), we grab some of his camping gear and we go southwest in either my car or his truck.

Western nebraska is pretty much plains, farms, and cows. We drive until we're close between Farnam and Moorefield (still in Nebraska, about a 9 hour drive avoiding major towns).

Appx. Populations of towns in our path: (only those with >500 people, the ones with <500 should be safe-ish)

Moorefield has a population of 52, Farnam has 233. I doubt we'll get many zombies from them, and the nearest populated town is Lexington (pop: 10000, 50ish miles away). We should be relatively safe once we get there for the night.

We call as many of our gun-owning friends as we can and tell them our relative location, important to do this before cell towers are down. I turn on my netbook and browse wikipedia and google for the 8 hour battery life during the night, printing everything useful in these categories (and whatever else I can think of):

Code: Select all

Category:Edible plants
Category:Firearms by calibre
Category:Firearm techniques

I also print out several nebraska maps and roadmaps.
Right as my battery is about to die, I change my facebook status to "Fighting for my life against zombies, BRB".

The next day, we've hopefully become a group of about 4-5, and we head southeast toward Fort Riley in Kansas. The only notable towns in our route have pops of 2000 and 1000, not too bad, and it's another 9 hour drive avoiding major towns.

Fort Riley is a major Army base, where our group of friends knows one of the soldiers there. We should be able to hole out there for a while, hopefully.

Otherwise, we'll probably die.

If anyone gets bitten, shoot the zombies then shoot him.

If I get bitten, eat a bullet.

If we see any survivors that we don't know:
Do they need immediate help? if so, can we help them with NO risk to ourselves? (Shooting 1 zombie from 100 feet away = safe. 5 Zombies is not safe). If so, then help them. If we have any risk to ourselves, it's not worth it, keep going.

If they don't need immediate help, keep going. We are not going to add anyone we don't know to our group - that's what leads to mistrust and friendly fire.

Rip this plan apart if you find any mistakes, you're only helping me live longer when the inevitable happens.

Nith Azra

Postby Nith Azra » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:25 pm UTC

Ok, I'm not going to post my survival plan... Because it is designed for the immediate protection of me, my family, my friends, and a few other people I know, and it also means we could survive indefinitely provided there are no abberation zombies.

But if I saw one lurching up the driveway it would be donning kevlar-lined jeans, my hiking shoes, a thick leather coat, some food, a boken (wooden practice sword) and riding away as fast as I can on my bike.
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I wrote "moistly"... wierd.

::.._____..::ROYAL RAINBOW!!!::.._____..::

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:11 pm UTC

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16580

See sig for my specific zombie survival guide including immediate actions.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 pm UTC

Wow. I didn't know that thread existed. But at least this one is different, so it hopefully won't get dropped.
I couldn't find phrozt's plan, but I'm sure that it's excellent.
Kevmus, that's really good, aside from the fact that:
1: Baseball hats are hard, but skulls are harder. If it breaks during combat, you're screwed.
2: People will flock towards military bases and zombies will follow. You might have better luck if you went somewhere where people aren't likely to go, like a random, unpopular mountain range.

Revision of my plan:
Grab a nailgun- yes, I have one. I'd then walk outside, get the zombie's attention, and slowly back up into the field in my backyard while attempting to get a headshot, and signal to my family to stay back.

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm UTC

Yeah, this is a different thread because it's more like a game, whereas the other discussed things as scientifically as possible.

Here's a direct link to my ZSP on that thread (which should be in my sig):
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16580&start=800#p1039625

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm UTC

A single low-speed shot from a nail gun into a zombie's brain isn't going to stop it. And what happens when you run out of nails?

I live in a 3rd floor apartment outside Salt Lake City. The complex would probably be a significant target. thee's a golf course right next to it. I'm thinking golf clubs. But there's also Hill Air Force Base about 10 miles away. If I can get there and gt in the air, I'm set.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14 pm UTC

Air is a shoddy bet -- You'll have to refuel often and you've got a pretty restrictive limit on how much you can take. Even if you get to another continent, there is no guarantee that at least one flight won't contain a zombie stowaway and infect that continent.

A boat would be a better option -- Get on a heavily-guarded and zombie-inspected freight carrier with lots of food, water (Or better yet a water distillery) water-based power, and communication devices. Pack heat in case of zombie stowaways, or something simple like a large knife or set of knives if the guards won't allow.

As for by plan beforehand... Well, i live near the coast in a relatively unpopulated area (Whiny people think it's too dangerous and cold... I've only nearly died twice, wimps. Kidding.) , so I would migrate by foot to the nearest naval base. I would carry a set of knives/sharpener (Or loot a gun store if i saw one) and practice with my knives using trees as targets (I would be throwing them, ofc.). In fact, i would probably stick with knives for practice even if i had guns --

1. Reusable ammo.
2. Much more quiet.
3. Not as likely to break my wrist by firing idiotically.

If I need them weighted for deadliness and balance, i could probably just cut apart some heavy iron paperweights and attach them to the bases of the knives with electrical tape. I took the sharpener, obviously. And, if worst comes to worst, i find a bed, bath, and beyond and grab a new set.

Here's a question for the following: What large chain store would you base in if you were to hunker down for a zombie invasion? Examples:

Bed/Bath/Beyond -- Lots of cooking/repair tools, plenty of sleeping space to keep well rested, knives. Not a lot of combat/food options, though.
Wal-Mart: Lots of everything, but easily breakable and not as much as any single store.
Commissary -- No need to make food runs. Minor amounts of other implements ,but primarily food.
Gander Mountain/Other Redneck Store - Some long lasting food, survival gear, and weaponry. Not much else though. (Redneck stores for the win :P)
Home Depot/Lowes -- Tons of repair/construction tools, many usable as impromptu weaponry. Little to no food supplies. Rideable Lawnmowers, though they're not really all that fast. Just to carry equipment, i guess. They're also loud though...
Staples -- For the challenge seeker. You get... a lot of paper and office equipment.
J.C. Penney: Another challenge seeker. Lots of clothes, nothing else.
Sports Authority: Keeping up cardio and strength exercise, allowing you to stay physically fit in case of zombies. Some impromptu weaponry, such as baseball bats and golf clubs. Bikes for fast escape, if also necessary.
MicroCenter -- Communication is simple, but not much else redeeming about it. Computers don't really get you far in zombie invasions.
Last edited by BurningLed on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.

scowdich
The Hedgehog

Postby scowdich » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 pm UTC

Can you really be accurate enough with throwing knives to hit a zombie in the head consistently?

I'd consider myself lucky that my swords are right upstairs, including my extra-sharp machete. A good whack to the top of the cranium or back of the neck would most likely stop a zombie. It's only a matter of time until my dad gets home with the combination to the gun safe.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm UTC

Well, 6-8 hours a day throwing them at branches, i think i can get enough practice in to at least do it semi-reliably. Then again...

And if it's a bite-transfer infection, i don't want to do anything in melee range unless it's absolutely necessary. Too much risk.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 am UTC

6-8 hours a day?
While you're traveling, camping, fighting zombies, sleeping, hiding, preparing food, tending wounds, and generally doing a lot, you'll find all that time?
You might have better luck running up and stabbing them in the eye.

...I think my dad has an old katana.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:22 am UTC

Erm, what? I practice when I'm not fighting zombies, which shouldn't be too often so long as i travel by mountain pass/forest, as opposed to interstate/civilzation. My travel schedule will consist more of:

Wake up - Walk for 2 hours- Set up camp - Practice for an hour - Eat - Practice for an hour - Sleep for hour, repeat. Which goes 4 times a day, with 1 hour total for camp setup and food consumption. Barring up to two practices for zombie attacks/raids on food sources, that's 6-8 hours per day.

But back to my original question about the supermarket bunker...

Which large corporate chain of store would you bunker down inside if forced to in a zombie attack?
Bed/Bath/Beyond -- Lots of cooking/repair tools, plenty of sleeping space to keep well rested, knives. Not a lot of combat/food options, though.
Wal-Mart: Lots of everything, but easily breakable and not as much as any single store.
Commissary -- No need to make food runs. Minor amounts of other implements ,but primarily food.
Gander Mountain/Other Redneck Store - Some long lasting food, survival gear, and weaponry. Not much else though. (Redneck stores for the win :P)
Home Depot/Lowes -- Tons of repair/construction tools, many usable as impromptu weaponry. Little to no food supplies. Rideable Lawnmowers, though they're not really all that fast. Just to carry equipment, i guess. They're also loud though...
Staples -- For the challenge seeker. You get... a lot of paper and office equipment.
J.C. Penney: Another challenge seeker. Lots of clothes, nothing else.
Sports Authority: Keeping up cardio and strength exercise, allowing you to stay physically fit in case of zombies. Some impromptu weaponry, such as baseball bats and golf clubs. Bikes for fast escape, if also necessary.
MicroCenter -- Communication is simple, but not much else redeeming about it. Computers don't really get you far in zombie invasions.

jahwn lemonjello
Location: 3rd spacial dimension, our universe, Milky way, solar system, Earth, The Americas, USA

Postby jahwn lemonjello » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 am UTC

I would, right now, grab a knife from the kitchen, and stab any attacking zombies in the head. I don't have much more, rally friends, get weapons as best I could, grow food.
Hunting will not be a sport until the U.S. government recognizes the right to arm bears.

While there is a bad way to be weird, there is no good way not to be.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost.

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 pm UTC

If you read my ZSP, I suggest using the butt of a pool cue as an immediate weapon (I have several readily available). Gives some distance, easily maneuverable, and should have decent enough weight to crack a skull/twist a head if used the right way.

Further in my ZSP, I suggest making metal tipped bōs, and the further development of pump action guns w/ammo that could do lethal damage and can be easily manufactured.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:34 pm UTC

On that note, what about my suggestion of golf clubs?
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

Nith Azra

Postby Nith Azra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:48 pm UTC

Golf clubs are poorly weighted for swinging one handed, leaving you with one less vital limb.
And they also have a high chance of getting stuck in a caved in skull.

Consider them a good weapon if there's only one zombie... like a chainsaw.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:12 am UTC

If you have a good chainsaw, you could last for a while...
In response to the store question: For real thrill seekers, try a Build A Bear workshop.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 am UTC

Nautilus wrote:If you have a good chainsaw, you could last for a while...
In response to the store question: For real thrill seekers, try a Build A Bear workshop.

If you can hole up in there, there are some real weapons you could build.

Nith Azra

Postby Nith Azra » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 am UTC

Nautilus wrote:If you have a good chainsaw, you could last for a while...

Chainsaws do not like to run when full of flesh. They tend to jam pretty quick, leaving you in close melee with something you don't want to be around.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:55 am UTC

If I didn't have anything to hand, I would just run to cover. Zombies shamble slowly, so they're not a huge threat until the late stages of the infection when they have superior numbers and can surround you. I would hole up in my flat (which is conveniently a converted cellar), and barricade the main door. I have LOADS of cereal bars and bottled water so I could live down there for weeks. I also have a 36lb bow there and 16 arrows (8 aluminium shafts, 8 carbon), and know how to use it (some assembly required). Finally, there is a second door which leads to a small alcove outside. A mindless zombie probably cannot get in that way because it's surrounded on all sides by walls and a wrought iron spiky fence (and I would have fortified that second door as well anyway), but being a better climber than a zombie (and there being an old metal garden table out there which I can move and use as a step), I could use it as an escape route should it ever become necessary.

As far as I can tell, the only way I'm screwed is if the zombies manage to break down one door while there are other zombies waiting outside the other.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm UTC

Golf clubs are a horrible idea, because they'll probably break after the first zombie.

You guys should spend some time in the other thread. All of this stuff has been brought up.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 pm UTC

If it was around Christmas season, I could probably fashion some cluster shrapnel grenades with glass Christmas ornaments, gasoline/ground model rocket fuel (It's really good for big whooshes of air and fire.)/other explosive, a strike-anywhere match, tape, sandpaper, nails/BB/etc shrapnel. Just tape a few glass Christmas ornaments together, filled with explosive and shrapnel. Tape a strike-anywhere match in it with sandpaper on the side to ensure detonation, then just throw. It wouldn't be very effective and it'd be highly dangerous, but i think I'm good so long as I'm careful.

OR just pour gasoline from height and drop a flaming piece of wood.

jahwn lemonjello
Location: 3rd spacial dimension, our universe, Milky way, solar system, Earth, The Americas, USA

Postby jahwn lemonjello » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 am UTC

No offense, but that was terrrible. Glass grenades have nearly zero chance to get a head hit. Fire needs to be well controled and it takes a while, not a good primary method of killing.
Hunting will not be a sport until the U.S. government recognizes the right to arm bears.

While there is a bad way to be weird, there is no good way not to be.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost.

lunchtime.samurai

Postby lunchtime.samurai » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:06 pm UTC

Once I start living independently, I'll be able to properly implement my ZSP. Until then, if there's an outbreak in my area, I'd probably have enough time to call my boyfriend and stab myself.
Scenes from the dim, dusty, back corner of Omegle:
Stranger: He's a loving, sensitive man.
You: He's a neo-nazi.
Stranger: Your point being?

(Grammar and spelling repaired for your protection)

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:46 pm UTC

jahwn lemonjello wrote:No offense, but that was terrible. Glass grenades have nearly zero chance to get a head hit. Fire needs to be well controled and it takes a while, not a good primary method of killing.

They're full of shrapnel besides glass, glass is just easy to break open :P And it's always a head hit if you hit them in the head with the 'nade.

Of course if that fails, I could just sit on the rooftop and keep them away with a 39 1/2 foot long pole.

SiimN

Postby SiimN » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:08 pm UTC

zombiekit.jpg
zombiekit.jpg (39.29 KiB) Viewed 5695 times

Every house needs one of these.

CHR1110

Postby CHR1110 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 pm UTC

SiimN wrote:
zombiekit.jpg

Every house needs one of these.

I have something similar...

soraos21

Postby soraos21 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:43 am UTC

Well... where I'm at, the closest chain store is Wal-mart... I'd probably:
1: Empty my backpack
2:Put raincoat into backpack(or wear it, depending on the weather outside(Oregon... gotta love it!))
3: Pocket both of my slingshots(currently sling-less)
4:Grab my pool cue, my Leatherman(a.k.a. an "all-tool"), my dad's pipe(may he rest in peace), pencil, journal, machete, rags, compass(NSEW), my neighbor(and his guns), and a cell phone.
5:Head to the grocery store and get fruits(apples, bananas, oranges) and canned foods(soup, broth, beans) along with spices.
6: Head downtown and grab my friend(if he isn't already dead/zombified) and have him call James(fellow zombie enthusiast).
7:Head down to Wal-mart and re-sling my slingshots and grab some ammo for them and possibly some blunt objects or marbles to trip up/kill the zombies. Also grab a pot and a pan for cooking, and two tents.
8: Head down to the military base and ransack it for guns, a Jeep and gas.
9: Go and pick up John, then head for Alaska.
All things, even those you know not of, are point of view. Public acceptance is subjugation and so is individuality. Neutrality is the only path...neither publicly accepted nor individual. Enjoy your hidden slavery.

Raptortech97

Postby Raptortech97 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:42 am UTC

I would take this netbook and charger, plus my brother's pair, and stuff them in my backpack. I would get get my bike from the garage and run to the basement. I would check the train and bus schedules, and grab some knives from the kitchen before hanging tight in basement, which has pool cues, two desktop computers to get the message out, and has two entries/exits, as well as a tool closet, one small, thick basement-style window (barely above ground, just enough to let light in), a large space between the entries and the back, and thick concrete walls. when the train or bus was coming in soon, I would bust out the back, which is locked very securely, and bicycle down to the train/bus, still can't decide, and get on before warning them. If I haven't got the message out yet, both train and bus have WiFi and can go anywhere useful, except the train can't go to Restaurant Depot. Anyway, the advantages of the train are that it can hold a lot of people, is very strong, can go very fast, has secure exits, and can go to important places like the airport, Back Bay, South Station, and Far, Far away. The bus can be bashed into, but it can go anywhere I want, like Restaurant Depot, and it allows me to bring my bike, and I'm not sure if the train will allow that. I don't have a gun, or know anybody who does, but hopefully we can find somebody who does, and my pool cue could come in handy. I think I would head for Far, Far Away, the airport, Restaurant Depot, Back Bay, or South Station. Advantages\disadvantage\descriptions:

Far, Far Away: Somewhere secure, and that the outbreak hasn't reached yet. Other posters have come up with some good long term solutions; I think I'd just try to find one of those.

Airport: Very secure, lots of guns, everybody is trained, everybody has to go through screening.

Back Bay\South Station: These are both huge train\bus stops\T stops, and are probably pretty secure. Obviously, it is useful that there are so many trains.

Restaurant Depot: Where restaurants shop. It's huge, has only has one entrance, and there are lots of guns. Oh, it also has years worth of food, and lots of equipment\heavy machinery.

Wherever I headed, I would print out all the pages of this discussion and the other one, compile a list of all the techniques, and give copies to everyone.
Keldaran wrote:The Church assents to the Creation of House RaptorTech97

05e90f00779bcbe450a05c4c6c044787 Please crack this NTLM hash
In case anyone cares, I am looking for the "share your proofs" thread. I knew it used to be around somewhere...

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:35 am UTC

ooh, a restaurant supply store. That could be exceedingly useful.

Raptortech97

Postby Raptortech97 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:04 pm UTC

It would. Years of food, guns, heavy equipment, knives, built like a bunker.

In case anyone cares, I am looking for the "share your proofs" thread. I knew it used to be around somewhere...

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:27 pm UTC

A Costco or similar would also be great. They're tremendous wholesale stores. They have all sorts of useful stuff, and things to pass the time in your bunker too. they even have a gas station and generators on the property.
Spoiler:

rath358
The bone of my bone

Postby rath358 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 pm UTC

Cotsco: the ones I've seen were meh, and there are none in my area.

immediate:
doorway
if it is the corpse of my dad -> jump out window, to hell with the consequences. He is too big to stop.
someone else-> (assuming smaller person) try to bludgeon with lamp. If not successful, attempt window jump.
-my room is pathetically small, I'm not getting much reaction time or room to maneuver)

out window: grab lamp, for lack of better choice, carefully check next room over whether dad is lost yet, if so, run, if else, get him to join me. Warn the apartment building, then leave (in jeep) for other side of town. With what we have here, there is no way I will take on a zombie.

shit, I'm screwed here, slightly better off at mom's, but not a whole lot.

long term to be posted later, homework presses...

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:24 pm UTC

I have to say, warning the apartment building may be taking an unnecessary risk. If theirs one zombie, you can assume that there are more, and if there are more, it is very likey other people have been infected. It would be better if you just got the hell out. IMO

So theres a zombie in my backyard.
I have a sliding glass door with a metal gate, so its safe to say he wont get through. But, I'm pretty sure there are more zombies around the neighborhood. I wanna go light, so I'd pack up quick, take a couple of shirts, and some food just in case other people have already raided the supermarkets that are by my house, I'd take my laptop for communication, and a cleaver I have, I'd wake my parents up, and get the fuck out of there.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

Raptortech97

Postby Raptortech97 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 am UTC

nbonaparte wrote:A Costco or similar would also be great. They're tremendous wholesale stores. They have all sorts of useful stuff, and things to pass the time in your bunker too. they even have a gas station and generators on the property.
Spoiler:

Restaurant Depot is like that, even more so.You have to be a registered employee of a registered company that serves food to get in, and they always check photo ID. They have a freezer section with doors big enough to fit a highway with some extra space on top, but the door into the building itself is regular-sized, and there's an indoor garage between the outside and the entrance.

Asmodieus wrote:So theres a zombie in my backyard.
I have a sliding glass door with a metal gate, so its safe to say he wont get through. But, I'm pretty sure there are more zombies around the neighborhood. I wanna go light, so I'd pack up quick, take a couple of shirts, and some food just in case other people have already raided the supermarkets that are by my house, I'd take my laptop for communication, and a cleaver I have, I'd wake my parents up, and get the fook out of there.

I see. I'm sure that packing that food and clothing up and waking up your parents and explaining what's going on and having them get clothes and food is very fast indeed,and that no zombie intent on ripping your head off is going to be able to get through another door or window in that time, and that you're already going to know where to go and how to get there.

I have already explained mine:
Raptortech97 wrote:I would take this netbook and charger, plus my brother's pair, and stuff them in my backpack. I would get get my bike from the garage and run to the basement. I would check the train and bus schedules, and grab some knives from the kitchen before hanging tight in basement, which has pool cues, two desktop computers to get the message out, and has two entries/exits, as well as a tool closet, one small, thick basement-style window (barely above ground, just enough to let light in), a large space between the entries and the back, and thick concrete walls. when the train or bus was coming in soon, I would bust out the back, which is locked very securely, and bicycle down to the train/bus, still can't decide, and get on before warning them. If I haven't got the message out yet, both train and bus have WiFi and can go anywhere useful, except the train can't go to Restaurant Depot. Anyway, the advantages of the train are that it can hold a lot of people, is very strong, can go very fast, has secure exits, and can go to important places like the airport, Back Bay, South Station, and Far, Far away. The bus can be bashed into, but it can go anywhere I want, like Restaurant Depot, and it allows me to bring my bike, and I'm not sure if the train will allow that. I don't have a gun, or know anybody who does, but hopefully we can find somebody who does, and my pool cue could come in handy. I think I would head for Far, Far Away, the airport, Restaurant Depot, Back Bay, or South Station. Advantages\disadvantage\descriptions:

Far, Far Away: Somewhere secure, and that the outbreak hasn't reached yet. Other posters have come up with some good long term solutions; I think I'd just try to find one of those.

Airport: Very secure, lots of guns, everybody is trained, everybody has to go through screening.

Back Bay\South Station: These are both huge train\bus stops\T stops, and are probably pretty secure. Obviously, it is useful that there are so many trains.

Restaurant Depot: Where restaurants shop. It's huge, has only has one entrance, and there are lots of guns. Oh, it also has years worth of food, and lots of equipment\heavy machinery.

Wherever I headed, I would print out all the pages of this discussion and the other one, compile a list of all the techniques, and give copies to everyone.

I do, however, recognize that no plan is perfect and have been disappointed at how little my plan has been ripped up and shredded to bits. :( Please shred my plan to bits. :D

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 am UTC

your plan looks fine, that's the thing.

Return to “Forum Games”