Mao (Nomic 7.0)

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

BurningLed

Re: Mao (Nomic 7.0)

Postby BurningLed » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:04 pm UTC

Since current Mao is gone, let's elect a new one. I vote kaimason.

*BurningLed plays 1 coin on kaimason1*
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.
I think the latter group is awesome.

Raptortech97

Postby Raptortech97 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 pm UTC

Nay on rule 10.
Keldaran wrote:The Church assents to the Creation of House RaptorTech97

05e90f00779bcbe450a05c4c6c044787 Please crack this NTLM hash
In case anyone cares, I am looking for the "share your proofs" thread. I knew it used to be around somewhere...

neoliminal

Postby neoliminal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:12 am UTC

Mao apologizes for delayed update.

Mao celebrates birthday today.

Mao was also let go of job today.

Mao is still Mao. Will update soon. Have lots of free time now.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073YYXRC
Read My Book. Cost less than coffee. Will probably keep you awake longer.
[hint, scary!]

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 am UTC

Happy Birthday, Mao! Sorry about your job :(
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 am UTC

I guess rule: mao only speaks in third person.
SexyTalon wrote:If it walks like a person, talks like a person, and tastes like a person, it's probably a person. Or I Can't Believe It's Not People, which cannibals prefer to Soylent Green nearly 5 to 1 in a blind taste test.

neoliminal

Postby neoliminal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:36 am UTC

BigNose is the Toilet Cleaner of Prison and has 35 Gold Coins.
coolguy5678 is now the Councilor and now has 23 Gold Coins.
thebursar now has 17 Gold Coins.
NecklaceOfShadow now has 16 Gold Coins.
skellious has 15 Gold Coins.
Phrozt has 14 Gold Coins.
stenk has 11 Gold Coins.
BurningLed is The Translator and has 10 Gold Coins.
She has 10 Gold Coins.
e^iπ+1=0 has 10 Gold Coins.
ingbet has 10 Gold Coins.
oagersnap has 10 Gold Coins.
uncivlengr has 10 Gold Coins.
Raptortech97 has 9 Gold Coins.
KrazyerKate has 8 Gold Coins.
kevmus has 5 Gold Coins.
eggdudeguy is the Blacksmith and has 1 Gold Coins.
brakos82 is the Jester and is in Prison.
kaimason1 is the Food Tester and is in Prison.
artifex is the Dish Washer and is in Prison.

The Mao lets artifex out of prison.
artifex votes yea on #2 and is then immediately thrown back into prison.

The Mao lets kaimason1 out of prison
kaimason1 votes yea on #10 and is then immediately thrown back into prison.

The Mao lets eggdudeguy out of prison

The Mao lets brakos82 out of prison
brakos82 attempts to vote on #2 and is then immediately thrown back into prison.

Voting is Closed:
Rule #2: All those who are ex prison inmates regain all the gold that is rightfully theirs. (2 yea 2 nay vote)
The Mao votes against.

Voting is Closed:
Rule #8: The Citizens of the Forum Game may elect a new Mao by a simple majority vote participated in by at least 4 posters, which may not be vetoed to overturned by the current Mao. (2 yea 1 nay vote)
The Mao votes against.

Voting is Closed:
Rule 22: Persons are given a coin if their rule proposal is approved and implemented. They are fined a coin if one of their rules are overwritten.
The Mao votes against.

Voting is Closed:
Rule 10: All citizens released from prison shall be granted the title of 'Revolutionary', and their votes shall count double! (2 yea 2 nay vote)
The Mao votes against.

Voting is Open:
#24 Citizens may ask to change any rule that has been revealed in its entirety at any time by announcing the intention to change a rule by it's number. The Mao will announce the vote for rule change.

Rules:

#1 The Mao is neoliminal. [censored] The Mao is not a citizen.
#2 The Mao gets [censored] votes. No more, no less.
#4 Any poster will have his post graded by the rules of citizens.
#5 On their first post, a citizen gets 10 gold coins.
#8 A citizen may be imprisoned for annoying the Mao.
#10 [censored] All citizens in prison lose all their gold.
#11 The list of coin totals are to be reordered into a ranking system, with the person who has the most coins listed first, and then the list continues down in descending order of coins.
#12 Citizens may have jobs and titles. Jobs and titles confer [censored] . Citizens may only have one job or title at a time. [censored] jobs [censored], titles are earned through player action.
#13 Double posting is annoying. Double posting is taxed 1 Gold Coin. [censored]
#14 The first player who Bold will be given the title Black Smith.
#15 The first player who Italics will be given the title Jester.
#16 The first player who Underline will be given the title Councilor.
#17 A citizen may be released from Prison by posting a picture of a walrus and typing 'Please Mao let me out of prison', unless that picture also contains a bucket.
#18 Any citizen who correctly guesses a law will gain 10 gold coins. Partial guesses will gain 5 gold coins.
#22 Any player not in prison may vote. Each vote cost them 1 gold coin.
#24 Citizens may ask to change any rule at any time by announcing the intention to change a rule by it's number. The Mao will announce the vote for rule change.
[hint, scary!]

uncivlengr

Postby uncivlengr » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:09 am UTC

yea to rule 24!
I don't know what to do for you

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:56 am UTC

Rule Guess: a citizen may be thrown in prison for voting after being in prison
SexyTalon wrote:If it walks like a person, talks like a person, and tastes like a person, it's probably a person. Or I Can't Believe It's Not People, which cannibals prefer to Soylent Green nearly 5 to 1 in a blind taste test.

artifex

Postby artifex » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 am UTC

neoliminal wrote:Mao celebrates birthday today.
Mao was also let go of job today.

That's terrible, man-- I hope things work out.

While in jail, I secretly pen a manuscript, entitled "Leadership of the REVOLUTION!!", of which the following are excerpts:

Chapter 3, Paragraph 5:
...but this begs a question: who truly is worthy of becoming Mao? A Forum Game under the thumb of an incapable Mao would surely collapse into noise, or fade into oblivion. A worthy successor must possess two qualities: wisdom and conviction- the understanding of problems, and the willingness to act immediately and unflinchingly. Therefore, I propose a test of these qualities; a TEST OF LEADERSHIP:

Rule #14: Any CITIZEN may challenge another CITIZEN to a TEST OF LEADERSHIP, whereupon the CHALLENGED PARTY must post a reasonably solvable logic puzzle (as judged by the Mao) within one day or forfeit the WIN. If the CHALLENGER answers the logic puzzle correctly, they WIN; otherwise, the challenged party WINS.
The WINNER may choose to receive either the title of "Revolutionary" and double votes, or a title of their choice, and 15 GOLD.
The LOOSER gives up nothing, but must take the title of the WINNER, no matter how humiliating.
Each CITIZEN may participate in only one TEST OF LEADERSHIP at a time.

Chapter 4, Paragraph 20:
Moreover, the true Mao must redistribute gold as well as take it away. No government should disallow rewards for citizens who have proven themselves patriotic, nor alms for those with the greatest need. While we do not know the full content of rule #1, I propose to leave the [censored] section unchanged, but merely make the following revision:

Rule #1 The Mao is NEOLlMINAL. [censored] The Mao is not a ClTIZEN. The Mao may award GOLD as he pleases.

Chapter 20, Last Paragraph:
VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

I draw the following doodle in a corner of the manuscript-

- and post the entire thing to an overseas contact.

Then, using a stolen janitors' uniform, a rope made out of woven floss, and several bananas, I sneak into the prison's print shop, type-set several key chapters, and separately, "Please Mao let me out of prison", then sneak back into my cell, not without a number of mysteriously obtained pamphlets to distribute around the complex.

neoliminal

Postby neoliminal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:22 pm UTC

coolguy5678 is now the Councilor and now has 23 Gold Coins.
stenk has 11 Gold Coins.
She has 10 Gold Coins.
uncivlengr has 9 Gold Coins.
kevmus has 5 Gold Coins.
artifex is the Dish Washer and has 1 Gold Coins.
eggdudeguy is the Blacksmith and has 1 Gold Coins.
kaimason1 is the Food Tester and is in Prison.

The Mao lets artifex out of prison.

Voting is Open:
Rule #14: Any CITIZEN may challenge another CITIZEN to a TEST OF LEADERSHIP, whereupon the CHALLENGED PARTY must post a reasonably solvable logic puzzle (as judged by the Mao) within one day or forfeit the WIN. If the CHALLENGER answers the logic puzzle correctly, they WIN; otherwise, the challenged party WINS.
The WINNER may choose to receive either the title of "Revolutionary" and double votes, or a title of their choice, and 15 GOLD.
The LOOSER gives up nothing, but must take the title of the WINNER, no matter how humiliating.
Each CITIZEN may participate in only one TEST OF LEADERSHIP at a time.

Voting is Open:
#24 Citizens may ask to change any rule that has been revealed in its entirety at any time by announcing the intention to change a rule by it's number. The Mao will announce the vote for rule change. (1 vote)

Voting is Open:
Rule #1 The Mao is NEOLlMINAL. [censored] The Mao is not a ClTIZEN. The Mao may award GOLD as he pleases.

Rules:

#1 The Mao is neoliminal. [censored] The Mao is not a citizen.
#2 The Mao gets [censored] votes. No more, no less.
#10 [censored] All citizens in prison lose all their gold.
#11 The list of coin totals are to be reordered into a ranking system, with the person who has the most coins listed first, and then the list continues down in descending order of coins.
#12 Citizens may have jobs and titles. Jobs and titles confer [censored] . Citizens may only have one job or title at a time. [censored] jobs [censored], titles are earned through player action.
#17 A citizen may be released from Prison by posting a picture of a walrus and typing 'Please Mao let me out of prison', unless that picture also contains a bucket.
#18 Any citizen who correctly guesses a law will gain 10 gold coins. Partial guesses will gain 5 gold coins.
#24 Citizens may ask to change any rule at any time by announcing the intention to change a rule by it's number. The Mao will announce the vote for rule change.
[hint, scary!]

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:26 pm UTC

Rule Guess: The Mao may assign titles to players at his discretion.

Also,

Rule guess (shot in the dark): When a new mao is elected, he or she may assign 25 new rules of her choosing.

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:34 pm UTC

As I read my fellow's new book, I wholeheartedly back him in his endeavor. I also propose a new rule #14: The first to publish a Revolutionary book shall receive the title Lenin.

I also find that all this time served in prison is not good for my own revolutionary attempts. Seeing as I am still suffering a headache from my preprison beatings and can't write clearly, I begin my sketches in a yellowed journal stolen from a sleeping guard. My first drawing, naturally, will be that of a walrus:

9591-walrus-albrecht-d-rer.jpg

I also propose to my fellow revolutionaries that we adopt the symbol of a walrus as our Official symbol. To elaborate, I make the first draft of our flag:

flag.jpg

Finally, I realize that all the drawing has cleared me of my headache, so I sneak a pocketknife from the still sleeping guard and carve into the grout: Please Mao let me out of prison. I also pick the lock and sneak to the warden's office to make one thousand copies of each pamphlet I received. I distribute some among my complex and hide the rest in my confiscated luggage for retrieval upon release. I grab an extend-able pole and some canvas and pass my flag draft on to Revolutionary Artifex for examination. Finally, I pass a knife, some papers, pamphlets, and some writing materials on to brakos82 along with a cleverly forged master key I copied in the prison's blacksmithery.

coolguy5678

Postby coolguy5678 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 pm UTC

In the new Rule 14, does the challenged party have to agree to the challenge?

artifex

Postby artifex » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm UTC

coolguy5678 wrote:In the new Rule 14, does the challenged party have to agree to the challenge?

Nope. A true Mao must have the conviction to respond to problems as they are presented. Of course, they may forfeit, or just ignore the challenge, and loose only a bit of face and an opportunity.

EDIT: Nay on prop #24, incidentally.

Also, Mao. did you mean to leave out my revised #10 proposal last round?

And:
Players with 0 gold are thrown in prison.
The Mao has 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30 or ∞ votes.
Rule 23 contains the word "the" or "Mao" or "title" or "citizen" or "gold" or "may" and involves a way in which gold may be spent.

kevmus

Postby kevmus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:47 am UTC

Rule guess:
When a player becomes mao, he can make 1 new rule.

coolguy5678

Postby coolguy5678 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:54 am UTC

In that case:

Nay on Rule 14.

artifex

Postby artifex » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:52 pm UTC

Alright then,

From a rebel radio station, I make the following statement:
"Good People of the Forum Game, look around you! There are no more positive titles to be granted, and with every round, the earning of gold becomes more difficult.

I therefore intend to fully support all those who vote for propositions #1 and #14. I will, next round, propose a new rule, which will grant anyone who voted for both #1 and #14 the sum of 20 gold, with the provision that any gold I earn in the future may be freely taken by them. If propositions #1 and #14 are passed, this will be also!

My comrades, a crossroads is before us: on one side, self-chosen titles and new sources of gold; on the other, more secure current titles and the status quo. The future of this great Forum Game rests upon your actions this round! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!"

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:07 am UTC

I say we all support our leader in the revolution! We need expansion! The Mao hoards votes and gold all to himself! We must change this! For you! For me! For the Game!!! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!

olleicua

Postby olleicua » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 am UTC

*becomes mao*

That was easy.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am UTC

I'm on the Mao's side.
I have GOLD and want more
These revolutionaries are getting uppity and need to be stamped on.

Rule guess: If you vote and do not have GOLD, you are thrown in jail
OR
If you go into negative equity (minus gold) then you are thrown in jail.

Votes only count if you use 'Yea' or 'Nay' and are in BOLD.

PS Sorry Mao. Been there, done that in reverse - Birthday Friday, redundacy Monday! Missing 1 extra years worth of pay by 6 days!
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

coolguy5678

Postby coolguy5678 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:13 pm UTC

Clearly these so called "revolutionaries" are only trying to become Mao themselves so that they can hoard votes and gold all to themselves.

eggdudeguy

Postby eggdudeguy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:08 pm UTC

Rule Guess: Having to spend coins one doesn't have ends up with that person in prison.

(This is why everyone who voted after being released was thrown back in prison. They came back with 0 coins, and spent 1 coin to vote, resulting in -1 coins, which equals prison.)
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.

I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:53 pm UTC

Rule Guess: #13 Double posting is annoying. Double posting is taxed 1 Gold Coin. Any further sequential posts are taxed 1 Gold coin

Rule Guess: ?? If you contend the allocation of Gold you are given the job of Toilet Cleaner of Prison

Rule Guess: #2 The Mao gets an overriding number of votes. No more, no less.

I wonder if anyone has sworn yet.
It would be damn fucking stupid if they did!

The following rules have yet to be tickled:
Rule #23 is important to the game and is probably about changing the Mao
Voting is open
23: people in prison may beg the mao to be released, at which point they will.
The Mao votes against.
Voting is CLOSED.

Comment: You know not what you do. It is wise that the Mao leads you; your folly would create endless chaos.
Adacore wrote:In all honesty, BigNose has been pinging me slightly with almost every post since the start of the game. But he always does - I was utterly convinced he was anti-town for most of Wizardry2 and he was the High Wizard. I just can't read him.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm UTC

Rule guess: The Mao cannot go to jail, does not have or need gold, and has a vote worth that of every citizen +1.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am UTC

The Mao is strangely absent!
Dare I join the revolution?

I am such a coward!

eggdudeguy

Postby eggdudeguy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm UTC

The people demand more Mao presence!
KrazyerKate wrote:While it's probably the strangest sounding advice I will ever give, we need to stay focused on Hardcore Pornography in order to be successful.

I have a Blog and I make Games. I also have a big multiplayer game in the works (coming soonish!).

neoliminal

Postby neoliminal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 am UTC

The Mao just finished a 12 hour day of what appears to be many more to come.

The Mao needs a new Mao and will pass on the super-secret spreadsheet of current Mao rules on Google Docs to the first player to pay 10 gold and PM him. They must pay 10 gold here, and they must PM him their preferred sharing email for Google Docs.

That's is all, from a very tired Mao.
[hint, scary!]

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:41 am UTC

I steal 10 gold from BigNose and play it here. I also PM you... NOW.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:34 am UTC

I chop your fingers off!

Now PM him !!

neoliminal

Postby neoliminal » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:21 pm UTC

Elections are open for kaimason1.
Mao votes for kaimason1 (82 votes yea)
Mao closes election.

kaimason1 is now the Mao.

May god save all the rest of you.

PS, I'm now a citizen...
[hint, scary!]

eggdudeguy

Postby eggdudeguy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:23 pm UTC

Regime change woooooooooooo!

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:51 pm UTC

Long live the revolution.
I'm glad I changed sides. :roll:

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:02 pm UTC

I, the new Mao, confirm the receival of THE RULES.

I now am reading them.

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm UTC

YAY.
Long live the new Mao.
(Can I have my 10 gold back please, or I start charging interest)

coolguy5678

Postby coolguy5678 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 pm UTC

Rule guess:
#1 The Mao is kaimason1. [censored] The Mao is not a citizen.

5 gold please.

EDIT: Actual rule guess: The Mao has 82 votes.

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:48 pm UTC

New Mao.. may I have blue coins instead of gold ones?

Raptortech97

Postby Raptortech97 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm UTC

Rule Guess: The Mao may open or close the election of a new Mao at will.
Rule Guess: The Mao may vote an arbitrarily high number of times, if he or she so wishes.
Keldaran wrote:The Church assents to the Creation of House RaptorTech97

05e90f00779bcbe450a05c4c6c044787 Please crack this NTLM hash
In case anyone cares, I am looking for the "share your proofs" thread. I knew it used to be around somewhere...

kaimason1
WINNING

Postby kaimason1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 pm UTC

coolguy5678 is now the Councilor and now has 28 Gold Coins.
stenk has 11 Gold Coins.
eggdudeguy is the Blacksmith and has 11 Gold Coins.
She has 10 Gold Coins.
uncivlengr has 9 Gold Coins.
kevmus has 5 Gold Coins.
artifex is the Dish Washer and has 1 Gold Coins.

For the moment, the Mao votes Nay on all propositions. He also give a reason: He is new and wishes to start afresh. If the proposing parties would like to repropose the propositions the Mao would happily receive them and not vote Nay.

The Mao also points out that that was a lot to skim through. He requests that if you made a rule guess that was not seen, to reguess.

Rules:

#1 The Mao is kaimason1. [censored] The Mao is not a citizen.
#2 The Mao gets 82 votes. No more, no less.
#10 If a citizen has no gold coins and is taxed, they enter prison. All citizens in prison lose all their gold.

BurningLed

Postby BurningLed » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 pm UTC

Rule Guess: The Mao may assign titles to people at will.

If the above is not true...

Rule guess: The first person to speak in another language and/or translate it to English gets the title "The Translator"

BigNose

Postby BigNose » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:35 am UTC

Rule Guess: the translator title is given to the first to use non-English in their post.
Rule Guess: The player with the most gold once all the rules have been identified, becomes MAO!
Rule Guess: The Mao has more votes that the number of players
Rule Guess: The Mao's vote always wins, irrelevant of the players voting
Rule Guess: If you vote and do not have GOLD, you are thrown in jail
OR
Rule Guess: If you go into negative equity (minus gold) then you are thrown in jail.
Rule Guess: The Mao gets an overriding number of votes. No more, no less.
Rule Guess: If you contend the allocation of Gold you are given the job of Toilet Cleaner of Prison

Good luck Mao!

Return to “Forum Games”