Take a penny leave a penny.

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

xkcd follower

Re: Take a penny leave a penny.

Postby xkcd follower » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:03 am UTC

The Tardis is beginning to leave with the pile for a future post in this thread. It leaves behind a penny and a bag of Skittles.

There is now a penny and a bag of skittles on the pile.

Spoiler:
This is not the last time this "pile" will be seen, as it is in a time machine!

Inside the TARDIS, there is a gaping hole in space time, and a reduced black hole. One light year away is a small pile of ashes, a lighter, 372 pennies, a bottle of sorrow tears, 372 ghost pennies, a freshly filled in grave with a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better", a eulogy for Norevan, Norevan's 0 postcount and a blank raptor survival guide, all on the pile. On the pile is the hopes of fixing this mess as it begins to grow out of control again. Also on the pile is a book called Hamlet with a particular page that was missing, but was taped in by xkcd follower, who now stands out of the pile. The remains of a broken frame are by the pile.
"Religion is the Opiate of the Masses"- Karl Marx

That means we need a cure... Or go Cold Turkey.

Kick

Postby Kick » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:12 am UTC

I take the bag of skittles and leave a box of peppermint tic tacs.

There is now a penny and a box of peppermint tic tacs on the pile.

Spoiler:
I am new to time travel and do not know whether or not this spoiler should be left in the recent posts, but that seems to make sense to me.

This is not the last time this "pile" will be seen, as it is in a time machine!

Inside the TARDIS, there is a gaping hole in space time, and a reduced black hole. One light year away is a small pile of ashes, a lighter, 372 pennies, a bottle of sorrow tears, 372 ghost pennies, a freshly filled in grave with a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better", a eulogy for Norevan, Norevan's 0 postcount and a blank raptor survival guide, all on the pile. On the pile is the hopes of fixing this mess as it begins to grow out of control again. Also on the pile is a book called Hamlet with a particular page that was missing, but was taped in by xkcd follower, who now stands out of the pile. The remains of a broken frame are by the pile.
I'm never sarcastic.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:48 am UTC

I take the peppermint tic tacs.

There is now a penny on the pile.

madjo

Postby madjo » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:01 pm UTC

I replace the penny with a drachma-coin

There is now a drachma-coin on the pile.
:)

You are carrying:
- a slightly paranoid Android
- two left feet (not my own)
- a still unfed and very hungry hippo
- broadsword of +5 ridiculousness stained with the blood of the undead souls
- a stetson Resistol, cuz stetson Resistols are cool.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm UTC

Seriously? I put that coin in there earlier... No matter, I take the Drachma and replace it with a bottle of Vodka.

There is now a bottle of Vodka on the pile.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:20 am UTC

Darn. I rather liked the TARDIS. No matter, I can wait.

Not for the vodka, though. I drink that, then walk off, somehow sober.

There is now an empty vodka bottle and a game of patience (solitaire) on the inebriated pile.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:15 pm UTC

Norevan feels sleeps with the game and decided to take a nap> I came in with a sharpie and decided to draw on his face.

There is now an empty vodka bottle and a game of patience (solitaire) on the inebriated pile being played by an asleep Norevan, while his face is being covered by drawings by xkcd follower.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 pm UTC

As a light sleeper, xkcd follower's shenanigans awaken me. I hit him (or her, the profile page didn't say) upside the head with the nearest object, which happens to be a six pack of mysterious beverages.

There is now an empty vodka bottle and a game of patience (solitaire) on the inebriated pile. Nearby sits a groggy Norevan, whose face is covered by drawings made by xkcd follower, and who is holding a six pack of mysterious beverages. xkcd follower is out cold, with a sharpie in hand.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:25 am UTC

I am a He, as the not in the pile explains., and I feel thirsty now after I wake up. I take one of the beverages. I drink only part of it and Decide I do not like the taste. I throw up 186 pennies.

There is now an empty vodka bottle and a game of patience (solitaire) on the inebriated pile. Nearby sits a groggy Norevan, whose face is covered by drawings made by xkcd follower, and who is holding a six pack of mysterious beverages with one gone. xkcd follower is now sick after drinking half a mysterious beverage, with a sharpie in hand. Another half of the beverage is next to xkcd follower, along with 186 pennies. A little note is put into the pile saying "Xkcd follower is a he" to avoid further Confusion.

Euler

Postby Euler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:25 pm UTC

I pour the mysterious beverages on the Norvean, using the note and cards as kindling as I use two of pennies to spark a fire.
I fill the bottle of vodka with the pennies, and add 10 loonies (Canadian $1 coin).

There is now a screaming bonfire and a bottle filled with 10 loonies and 184 pennies
"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:30 pm UTC

The TARDIS chooses that moment to arrive. It spills out its contents onto the fire, putting it out.
I wake up all the way.

There are 5 empty and scorched mysterious beverage cans, burned card that once read "Xkcd follower is a he", a bottle full of 184 pennies and two loonies, and a burnt deck of cards on the pile. Xkcd follower sits on top of the pile, ill and covered with burns and still holding the sharpie, with a half empty mysterious beverage sitting on an unrecognizable body which lies next to him, fried beyond all recognition. Nearby sits a no longer groggy Norevan, who is holding the empty box from the mysterious beverage six pack. Scattered around this pile is the old pile which consisted of: "a gaping hole in space time, and a reduced black hole. One light year away is a small pile of ashes, a lighter, 372 pennies, a bottle of sorrow tears, 372 ghost pennies, a freshly filled in grave with a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better", a eulogy for Norevan, Norevan's 0 postcount and a blank raptor survival guide, all on the pile. On the pile is the hopes of fixing this mess as it begins to grow out of control again. Also on the pile is a book called Hamlet with a particular page that was missing, but was taped in by xkcd follower, who now stands out of the pile. The remains of a broken frame are by the pile." Next to the old pile sits the TARDIS.

EDIT: I hate making errors.
Last edited by Norevan on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Euler

Postby Euler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 pm UTC

We all realize there is no "Hope for fixing this mess."

There are 5 empty and scorched mysterious beverage cans, burned card that once read "Xkcd follower is a he", and a burnt deck of cards on the pile. Xkcd follower sits on top of the pile, ill and covered with burns and still holding the sharpie, with a half empty mysterious beverage sitting on an unrecognizable body which lies next to him, fried beyond all recognition. Nearby sits a no longer groggy Norevan, who is holding the empty box from the mysterious beverage six pack. Scattered around this pile is the old pile which consisted of: "a gaping hole in space time, and a reduced black hole. One light year away is a small pile of ashes, a lighter, 372 pennies, a bottle of sorrow tears, 372 ghost pennies, a freshly filled in grave with a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better", a eulogy for Norevan, Norevan's 0 postcount and a blank raptor survival guide, all on the pile. Also on the pile is a book called Hamlet with a particular page that was missing, but was taped in by xkcd follower, who now stands out of the pile. The remains of a broken frame are by the pile." Next to the old pile sits the TARDIS.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 pm UTC

True. But that doesn't mean it has to be so spread out.

On the pile, there are 5 empty and scorched mysterious beverage cans, a burned card that once read "Xkcd follower is a he", a burnt deck of cards on the pile, a bottle full of 184 pennies and two loonies, xkcd follower, feeling ill, covered with burns, and holding a sharpie, a half empty mysterious beverage, a body unrecognized and fried, Norevan, now fully awake, the empty mysterious beverage six pack box, the old pile, a gaping hole in space time, a reduced black hole, a small pile of ashes, a lighter, 372 pennies, a bottle of sorrow tears, 372 ghost pennies, a freshly filled in grave, a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better", a eulogy for Norevan, Norevan's 0 postcount, a blank raptor survival guide, a slightly damaged book called Hamlet, xkcd follower's repair job, the remains of a broken frame, and the TARDIS.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 pm UTC

Time to make this sentence fun, no commas allowed!

On the pile there are 5 empty and scorched mysterious beverage cans a burned card that once read "Xkcd follower is a he" a burnt deck of cards on the pile a bottle full of 184 pennies and two loonies xkcd follower feeling ill covered with burns and holding a sharpie a half empty mysterious beverage a body unrecognized and fried Norevan now fully awake the empty mysterious beverage six pack box the old pile a gaping hole in space time a reduced black hole a small pile of ashes a lighter 372 pennies a bottle of sorrow tears 372 ghost pennies a freshly filled in grave a headstone reading "Norevan: He got better" a eulogy for Norevan Norevan's 0 postcount a blank raptor survival guide a slightly damaged book called Hamlet xkcd follower's repair job the remains of a broken frame and the TARDIS.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:56 pm UTC

No articles, either. (That would be "the," "a," and "an," for those of us who failed English class like I did.)

On pile there are 5 empty and scorched mysterious beverage cans burned card that once read "Xkcd follower is he" burnt deck of cards on pile bottle full of 184 pennies and two loonies xkcd follower feeling ill covered with burns and holding sharpie half empty mysterious beverage body unrecognized and fried Norevan now fully awake empty mysterious beverage six pack box old pile gaping hole in space time reduced black hole small pile of ashes lighter 372 pennies bottle of sorrow tears 372 ghost pennies freshly filled-in grave headstone reading "Norevan: He got better" eulogy for Norevan Norevan's 0 postcount blank raptor survival guide slightly damaged book called Hamlet xkcd follower's repair job remains of broken frame and TARDIS.

Euler

Postby Euler » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:02 am UTC

Time to remove the nouns!

On there are 5 empty and scorched mysterious burned that once read "Xkcd follower is he" burnt deck of on full of 184 and two xkcd follower feeling ill covered with and holding half empty mysterious unrecognised and fried Norevan now fully awake empty mysterious six pack box old gaping in space time reduced black small pile of lighter 372 of sorrow 372 ghost freshly filled-in grave reading "Norevan: He got better" for Norevan Norevan's 0 blank raptor survival slightly damaged called Hamlet xkcd follower's repair remains of broken and.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 am UTC

Remove anything with the letter "a".

On there 5 empty scorched mysterious burned once "Xkcd follower is he" burnt deck of on full of 184 two xkcd follower feeling ill covered with holding empty mysterious unrecognised fried now fully empty mysterious six box old in time reduced pile of lighter 372 of sorrow 372 ghost freshly filled-in "He got better" for 0 slightly xkcd follower's of broken.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:45 am UTC

A small group of wandering pilgrims notice the pile and accept it as dogma.

There are now a few ragged pilgrims by the pile, attempting to comprehend the meaning of:

*On there 5 empty scorched mysterious burned once "Xkcd follower is he" burnt deck of on full of 184 two xkcd follower feeling ill covered with holding empty mysterious unrecognised fried now fully empty mysterious six box old in time reduced pile of lighter 372 of sorrow 372 ghost freshly filled-in "He got better" for 0 slightly xkcd follower's of broken.*
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 am UTC

They decide that it means people must die. They begin a holy war, ironically against the people who created their dogmas. They a few before the factions devolve into infighting.

There is pile, on which lie the dead: Nautilus, xkcd follower, Euler, Norevan, madjo, and Kick. Near this pile stand the ragged, but surprisingly well armed, pilgrims, who have begun fighting over the meaning of:

*On there 5 empty scorched mysterious burned once "Xkcd follower is he" burnt deck of on full of 184 two xkcd follower feeling ill covered with holding empty mysterious unrecognised fried now fully empty mysterious six box old in time reduced pile of lighter 372 of sorrow 372 ghost freshly filled-in "He got better" for 0 slightly xkcd follower's of broken.*

Euler

Postby Euler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 am UTC

It was the bloodiest battle that the world ever saw,
With civilians looking on in tatal awe,
The fight raged on for a century,
Many lives were claimed but eventually,
The champion stood,
The rest saw the better,
Mr. Rogers in a blood stained sweater,

Mister Rogers stands victorious, waiting for a challenger

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:38 am UTC

xkcd follower accepts the challenge of the "Mr. Rogers". In a short but great battle, xkcd follower defeats him and stand victoriously above him!

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him. A sound of a Tardis begins to occur (Making this one from the future!). A note on the ground says "Make this a good TARDIS history to a future connection".

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

I don my war gear, then pledge (temporary) allegiance to my new liege lord xkcd follower, because anyone capable of defeating Mr. Rogers is a man worth fearing.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him, supported by his vassal Norevan. A sound of a Tardis begins to occur (Making this one from the future!). A note on the ground says "Make this a good TARDIS history to a future connection".

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:33 pm UTC

I make my newly appointed vassal a brave bodyguard to me. He is now the second-in-command of all armed conflicts :)

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him, supported by his second-in-command Norevan. A sound of a Tardis begins to occur as the Tardis begins to also materialize (Making this one from the future!). A note on the ground says "Make this a good TARDIS history to a future connection".

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 am UTC

I eagerly anticipate the arrival of the TARDIS.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him, supported by his second-in-command Norevan. A sound of an eagerly anticipated Tardis begins to occur as the eagerly anticipated Tardis begins to also materialize (Making this one from the future!). A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection".

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm UTC

It arrives! I open the doors to find a dead Norevan and a dead xkcd follower. A knife in the backs of both of them. A small piece of paper on the counsel says "This was the only way to fix everything."

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him, supported by his second-in-command Norevan. An open Tardis sitting nearby has the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection".

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:22 am UTC

I take everything, just to simplify matters. Yes, I even take the negatives. Eat it, math.

There is now nothing in the pile except some hollow memories.
Omni.

madjo

Postby madjo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 pm UTC

I replace the hollow memories with happy memories of cat videos.

There is now nothing in the pile except some memories of cat videos
:)

You are carrying:
- a slightly paranoid Android
- two left feet (not my own)
- a still unfed and very hungry hippo
- broadsword of +5 ridiculousness stained with the blood of the undead souls
- a stetson Resistol, cuz stetson Resistols are cool.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

i put everything back into place with the addition of the cat videos. They are funny.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one xkcd follower standing triumphly above him, supported by his second-in-command Norevan. An open Tardis sitting nearby has the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection". Cat videos can be seen in the background of the pile.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:29 pm UTC

Well, naturally I'm obliged to make the future happen, in order to prevent paradoxes. I pick up the knife from the dead xkcd follower body, and use it to stab the live xkcd follower in the back. I sit down, cry, and await my own foreseen death.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one dead xkcd follower lying triumphantly over him, killed by his treacherous second-in-command Norevan. Tears of remorse and fear form a puddle around Norevan's prone form. An open Tardis sitting nearby has the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them, one of which is mow imbedded in the first xkcd follower. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection". Cat videos can be seen in the background of the pile.

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:15 pm UTC

I commit hara-kiri over the pile, before calmly walking away.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one dead xkcd follower lying triumphantly over him, killed by his treacherous second-in-command Norevan. Tears of remorse and fear form a puddle around Norevan's prone form. An open Tardis sitting nearby has the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them, one of which is mow imbedded in the first xkcd follower. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection". Cat videos can be seen in the background of the pile, coated in blood and intestines.
Omni.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:23 pm UTC

A future version of me teleports in on a portable time vortex. He takes the knife and kills Norevan to complete the paradox, then disappears very shortly afterwards. This is now going to be interesting.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground with one dead xkcd follower lying triumphantly over him, killed by his treacherous second-in-command Norevan. Tears of remorse and fear soak in Norevan's now dead body that a future xkcd follower killed. An open Tardis sitting nearby has the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them, one of which is mow imbedded in the first xkcd follower. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection". Cat videos can be seen in the background of the pile, coated in blood and intestines. A note dropped by the time-travelling xkcd follower says "Now for the second part to begin."

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 am UTC

An invading mongol horde attacks the pile, enraged by a Chinese village that appeared near the TARDIS. In the tumult, two of the bodies (the older versions of xkcd follower and Norevan, still with knives imbedded) get tossed into the TARDIS, which then heads for the past.

There is now one defeated Mr. Rogers on the ground. A conquered Chinese village and resident Mongol conquerors sit nearby the dead remains of Norevan and xkcd follower. Two knives killed them, one of which is now in the past. A note nearby says "This was the only way to fix everything". A note on the ground says "Make this a good (eagerly anticipated) TARDIS history to a future connection". Cat videos can be seen in the background of the pile, coated in blood and intestines. A note dropped by the time-travelling xkcd follower says "Now for the second part to begin." Everything is tossed around by the violent assault of the Mongol warriors, who rained death and destruction upon the pile.

Kromix

Postby Kromix » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

i put in amnesia...

i forgot what is on the pile... so i put in a penny, now there is a penny in the pile...
Click Me! <---- Click There! :)
Spoiler:

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

Memory returns. Meanwhile, a future self of mine gets a time vortex and puts it on. He is clearly holding a knife and teleports to a past moment. All of the sudden he returns, with a bloody knife. As the tardis begins to come back to him in the future, he sets it back to the past many thread ago, starting this whole mess. Now the pile is clean greatly.

There is now a penny on the pile, being picked up by xkcd follower with a tome vortex on his wrist. The sound of the Tardis is fading away while he takes a moment to decide what to do with the Fur hat he stole from the Mongols.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 pm UTC

You're right, revenge is fun. I sneak up behind xkcd follower, and kill him for killing me in return for killing him. The blood shorts out the time vortex.

There is a penny on the pile, lying where it was dropped by xkcd follower, who is now lying in a pool of blood. A knife sits near his outstretched hand. Norevan stands over his corpse, pondering the pilfered stolen Mongolian Fur Hat.

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 am UTC

Really... You had to do it AGAIN... Anyways, the time vortex shorts out and becomes a small contained nuclear explosion, killing everything in a 5 foot radius. The remains of some debris are left. In addition, a new phenomenon occurs.

There is now a crater of nothing where the pile was. Everything is gone in a 5' radius from where the pile was. (Another) xkcd follower begins to divide 1 by zero.

Spoiler:
Where are all the xkcd followers coming from O.o? Try CLONES!!!

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

I sure did. A triskadeca-dimensional rift in space time opens, releasing all sorts of strange fiends, from Azathoth to Yog-Sogoth.

The pile now consists of a monstrous horde of ravening things from outside the observable universe, a crater of nothing 5 feet across, and a xkcd follower who succeeded in dividing 1 by zero.

King of Frogs

Postby King of Frogs » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 pm UTC

The presence of Azathoth means that this place now becomes the centre of reality, the crawling chaos itself, where no rules, laws or shapes are constant or intelligable. Everyone runs away screaming and finds a new pile. King of Frogs places a penny on this pile.

There is now a penny on the pile and ceasless, maddening nightmares from the abyss in the minds of xkcd follower and Norevan.
The first one to fall asleep when the revolution comes.
Cheese wrote:We should never talk ever again. Ever.

michaelandjimi wrote:"No, cease your sexual activities! The communists will invade!"

xkcd follower

Postby xkcd follower » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am UTC

I see my chance and make a cloning machine. I go in and create a bunch of clones of myself> I then push them into the now appearing tardis and send them all back into time. That is all done and done. Meanwhile, Norevan decides to multiply 1/0 and causes a sudden collapse of parts of reality.

There is now a penny on the pile and ceasless, maddening nightmares from the abyss in the mind of xkcd follower, while Norevan tries helplessly to close it.

Norevan

Postby Norevan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 am UTC

Turns out this was all a dream....

There is a penny on the pile. Norevan sleeps, and dreams of ceasless, maddening nightmares from the abyss, born in the mind of xkcd follower. Meanwhile, a false Norevan tries helplessly to close a hole in the fabric of reality.

(only I get to say what I do, though you are more than welcome to do things to me.)

Return to “Forum Games”