Super Dungeon Rumble-Recruiting for new game

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Trumpkin

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Roleplaying

Postby Trumpkin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 pm UTC

Dirkstring woke in the cell and saw his party, the boy's mother and his attackers. He saw the ugly human wake from his sleep and thought he might be able to shed some light on the situation. "Any ideas why we're here?" he said to the human. The human replied "I was about to ask the same question, I'm guessing you don't know what that bright light was." Dirkstring said he didn't before hearing someone say "Alright who set off the bright light?" Dirkstring turned to see a guard at the cell door.
Washington: You have to be the most immature soldiers I've ever met.
Grif: Your face is immature.
Washington: Shut up!

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm UTC

Nevea wrote:"Cleric, that blinding light... what could produce such a brilliant effect? I must pray to my God, I have an hunch no human was the source of that power. What do you make of it?"

"I'm unsure. I was tending the woman inside, when I felt a great buildup of magical energy inside her. I had no idea it would do something like this. Come, we should wake the others."
"Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake."

"Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement."

Never Forget

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 pm UTC

Eaton was woken by the other's talking. "What the? What did I do last night? Eugh..." He took some water out of his pack and splashed his face with it. After Eaton felt a little better he noticed another cell adjacent to the one he was in. Inside was a small goblin. "Oy, Goblin!" he said, "Where are we?"
I am Dave! Yognaught and I have the balls!

markstonia

Postby markstonia » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:56 pm UTC

Fin woke in a dark damp room, the only light he could see was coming from the key hole of the cell, as he went to move he realised he was chained up but the chains were only on his feet, he felt his head and realised that there was no pain, there was nothing at all. Fin stood up and managed to move to the door and look through the key hole, looking out he could see a corridor lit by torches, he could also hear voices but couldn't make out what they were saying. He went back to where he was sat, and planned what to do next, just as he got back the door swung open and a halfling was at the door with a set of keys, he ran over to fin and undid the chains, and pressed a key into Fin's hand, and said to him, "this is the key for cell 2, go down the hall and down the first passageway on your left, its the cell on the right, also you might need this." He handed Fin a bag, "In the bag is a small dagger, its for use in emergency, if you follow the corridor once you've reached cell 2 you'll find a room, enter there and theres a bookshelf, look for the book titled cheese ann crackers, and pull it, then follow the corridor out of here, good luck." The halfling left before Fin could ask who he was. Fin quickly ran out and down the corridor, following the instructions he had been given he came upon cell 2. Inside he could see his friends and some other humans, "quickly come with me i can get us out of here."
In the end everything boils down to prostitution and drugs

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:26 pm UTC

Hmm. I'm trying to think of a reason for all of the weird stuff that's happened, that could explain it all nicely and tie it all together. I'm getting nothing.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 am UTC

When Fin opened the cell Dirkstring asked "How do you know you haven't been followed?"

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:25 pm UTC

Eaton turned to see his friends leaving the cell. He yelled back to the goblin, "It seems there is unrealistic and unexplained plot development happening any my attempts to shed light on where we are have been thwarted! Anyway, got to go!" Eaton quickly followed the others.
"Beware the halfings!" the goblin yelled, "They're clever little bastards! Tricksy too!" The goblin slumped back into the darkness as the party began to move.

Marisa

Postby Marisa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:10 am UTC

Delsay churned and stood up. "Urg...who the hell are you people?"

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:49 am UTC

Tommy2995 wrote:It seems there is unrealistic and unexplained plot development happening any my attempts to shed light on where we are have been thwarted!

My thoughts exactly.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

markstonia

Postby markstonia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm UTC

Fin lead the party, down the rest of the corridor to the room, in there was a bookcase just like the halfling had said, he ran up to it find the book that the halfling had told him about, he searched the bookcase but could not find the book anywhere on the shelves. He turned back to the party and said, "Theres supposed to be a book titled cheese ann crackers which if we pull will lead us to a passage out but i can't find." As the rest of the party entered the room the door slammed behind them, and a green gas entered began to seep into the room, Fin felt himself feeling more tired until he collapsed and everything went black.

Nevea

Postby Nevea » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:55 pm UTC

*out cold* (again...)
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:54 pm UTC

(So let me get this straight. We've been locked up in a prison. Then a hobbit helps us escape only to gas us and lock us in a prison again.
Something doesn't add up here.)

But, rules are rules so...

Eaton struggles for breath as the gas shoots down his lungs. He thought to himself, "Why didn't I listen to that bloody goblin?" as he fell unconscious for the second time today.

Marisa

Postby Marisa » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 pm UTC

" I...still...don't..." Marisa quivered as she fell to the floor, unconcious. Again.

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm UTC

Cruthag saw his friends in front of him fall, and tasted the green gas. Odd. There was a definite twang of alcohol in there. Then it struck him.

"HAHAHA! Wake up, ye pansies! This be an old dwarven mixture - liquorgas! We used to use it in the mines to keep us all at a decent level of insobriety, without having to stop and drink. You kids just can't handle your liquor!"

Kneeling beside each of his companions in turn, Cruthag muttered a prayer over them, fortifying their bodies against the effects of the alcohol. He was just tending to the last one when the first awoke.

Never Forget

Nevea

Postby Nevea » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:50 am UTC

Nevea gasps for air and rolls to his side. Vomit spews from his mouth, then he climbs to his feet and wipes his mouth. He spots a female human on the floor, some sort of monk? He shrugs. "I'll introduce myself another time... she's not looking too well."

"This is the last time I follow one of your crazy escape plans, Fin! The door doesn't look heavily barricaded, looks like they didn't expect us to survive this. Lets bash into it together and try to break it down!"

Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm UTC

"Why gas us with a gas that one can survive rather than...poisonous gas...there must be a reason for this" Dirkstring said as he helped to bash down the door.

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:38 am UTC

Eaton woke soon after the prayer had been cast on him. He noticed Dirkstring trying to bash the door down and went to help. Within a few moments the door was knocked of it's hinges. Eaton signaled for the others to follow him as he raced down a corridor.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:17 pm UTC

As the party sprinted down the corridor, they heard raised voices coming from where they had been imprisoned. "Who the hell let them out? Guards, get after them! We can't let them escape before our experiments are complete!" Footsteps pounded towards them as the group desperately tried to outpace them, whilst under the lingering effects of the gas.

Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm UTC

As the party continued running they came to another door which was also locked. Dirkstring realised that it was now futile to try outrunning the guards and turned with his fists raised ready for a fight. Suddenly a bright light appeared in the ceiling and the arms and armour of the party fell through it. "Looks like someone is on our side," Dirkstring said as he equipped his gear, readying for the fight.

SuperTD

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Combat Round 1

Postby SuperTD » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 pm UTC

Dirkstring had barely finished putting on his armour when the guards burst into the room, a captain leading them. On the left was a man in crimson robes, who was being defended by two of the guards. "ATTACK!" Yelled the captain, and the men charged forward.

Combat has commenced. Before anything else crazy happens in the story. There are 7 men in total.

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:58 pm UTC

Eaton draws his blade and raises it, ready to parry anything these guards can throw at him.
"Coom 'ere!" he cries as the guards move forward.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 am UTC

The people to attack are the Captain, Gaurds 1-5 and the robed man. Gaurds 1-2 are guarding him.

markstonia

Postby markstonia » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 am UTC

Fin gets up, and turns to see the guards entering the room, grabbing his bow he turns it on the first guard defending the robed man, believing the robed man to be important.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm UTC

After this fight, experience for everything up until now will be given, with slight variations depending on your level of roleplaying and contribution.

Nevea

Postby Nevea » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm UTC

Nevea kicks his blade to his hand, and rushes forward towards the guards!

"For Elspeth!"

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm UTC

3 guards and the captain rushed towards the party, brandishing their weapons. 2 guards stayed to protect the robed figure, but one was instantly cut down in a mighty barrage of blows from Fin, Cruthag, Nevea and Dirkstring. As Nevea sliced at the guard, he was attacked from the side by the captain, and took firce swipe causing blood to start oozing out from under his armour. Cruthag was jumped at by 2 guards, and though his defence was breached by their combined efforts he slashed with amazing speed at every enemy in the room, invigorated by the power from his God channeling through him. 3 other guards took mild blows, but carried on fighting. The robed man conjured up a ball of fire in his hands, then split it into 3 and fired one at each of Nevea, Fin and Delsay, the latter of whom managed to dive out the way since he'd focused all his effort into defending himself. Nevea's armour glowed bright, absorbing some of the fire damage before it reached his skin. Unperturbed by the loss of a companion, the guards fought on, one moving in to replace the fallen comrade.

Nevea was attacked for 80, and defended for 30. His DR activated on both the fire and physical damage, and he took 40 damage. He attcked Guard 1 for 50, and is on 30 energy.
Cruthag was attacked for 60, and defended for 30. He cast Divine Favour, causing all attacks to be at +15 for the encounter. He attacked all the guards and the captain for 20, and the mage for 25. He took 30 damage and is on 40 energy.
Eaton was attcked for 40 and defended for 60. He attacked guard 2 for 20, and has max energy.
Delsay was attacked for 30 and defended for 70 and has max energy.
Fin was attacked for 30 and defended for 40. He attacked Guard 1 for 70 and has max energy.
Dirkstring was not attacked and defended for 10. He attcked guard 1 for 50 and has max energy.

Marisa sent no moves so defended for max. Guard 1 is dead. Guards 2,3 and 5 are injured.

Nevea

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Combat Round 2

Postby Nevea » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 am UTC

Nevea cried out in pain! Fueled by his adrenaline he recited a quick prayer, activating his ring for some additional protection, and then managed a meager stab towards a nearby guard...

Marisa

Postby Marisa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:21 pm UTC

((Whew, time to get back in.))

Delsay decided to go on the offensive. She turned to the guard nearest to her, and hit him with a blow to the head, a chop to the neck, and a kick onto his right knee.

(( That might seem god-mod-ish, but the way I play is that I post the best-case scenerio in the fight, and then you can change it up to how you see fit, i.e. she missed or got countered, etc.))

Tommy2995

Postby Tommy2995 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:50 pm UTC

Eaton raises his broad sword and brings it down upon one of the guards with tremendous force, before quickly recovering into an enguarde position.

markstonia

Postby markstonia » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:39 am UTC

Fin turned his bow on the robed man loosing off an arrow at him, then prepared to dodge any attacks coming his way.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 am UTC

I recieved an attack allocation from Nevea, but no target so I'll roll randomly for who is attacked. Update will come when I get home today.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

Again, the party focused as if they knew each others thoughts, and all closed in on one guard, who fell under an onslaught of swipes from all but Fin, who struck the mage in the chest with an arrow, causing the man to bellow in pain. Dirkstring, Delsay and Nevea all were attacked by the guards, and only Nevea escaped unscathed due to his armour absorbing the blows. The mage clasped his hands together, wincing through the pain, and suddenly all of the soldiers stopped for a fraction of a second, then grinned maniacally and started closing in again.

Guard 2 was killed and the mage was injured.
Nevea was attacked for 40 and defended for 30(+25 DR). He attacked Guard 2 for 10 and took no damage. He has 30 energy.
Cruthag attacked everyone for 16 and defended for 34. He took no damage and has 40 energy.
Eaton defended for 50 and took no damage. He attacked guard 2 for 30 and has max energy.
Delsay defended for 30 and was attacked for 40. She attacked guard 2 for 40 and took 10 damage. She has 50 energy.
Fin defended for 40 and attacked guard 2 for 70. He took no damage and has max energy.
Dirkstring defended for 10 and attacked guard 2 for 50. He was attacked for 30 and took 20 damage. He has 40 energy remaining.

Sorry this round took so long. Round 3, begin.

Nevea

Postby Nevea » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:08 pm UTC

Nevea is exhausted from the ongoing attacks, and though his ring saved him temporarily he doesn't know how much more strength he has left. He hunkers down where he stands and does his best to defend himself...

"Elspeth..."

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:16 pm UTC

Seriously, if you haven't sent in your moves by now then you should be forced to all out attack YOURSELF.

Never Forget

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:26 am UTC

I think I'm going to draw this game to a close now. As with the previous two, it started well but gradually tailed off as people lost interest, and now with the summer holidays upon us, I know that at least two of the players will be away most of the summer, and others are taking holidays at various points. I think it also got confusing due to the...interesting storyline that was concocted (Seriously markstonia, escaping to then be knocked out again? :? ) I'm happy to run another one with new players/characters in the future if anyone wants. Thanks for taking part guys.

Trumpkin

Postby Trumpkin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:19 pm UTC

But surely the game could still work if you just auto attack for people who don't send in their moves quickly.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm UTC

We can have a vote if you want, on whether or not the game should keep running? We could keep it going, restart it or stop it. I'm in favour of a restart, preferably without markstonia, because he didn't post enough (Sorry).

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

I'm fine to restart. Open the floor to players again. I reckon about 8 is a good number since then it doesn't matter so much if people drop out through IRL problems.

Never Forget

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm UTC

Ok, I've had only two responses so I'll stop this game here. I'll see if anyone else on the forum fancies joining for a new game.

Return to “Forum Games”