Create your own country 2

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

Badion

Create your own country 2

Postby Badion » Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 pm UTC

A second going with a little more oversight and some stronger ground rules.

First, we will be using the map below.

Second Players need to be able to post at least several times a day but no more than twice is required.

All countries start with the following:

militia style military
2.5 million citizens
modern everything else.
Think of Germany in 2011. Minimal military but advanced economy.

Players will dictate the following:

Country name:
Location: can only be one small country. invading a large country like russia or USA or china will take years unless its been years and your research is supreme. Also, nations with historically strong militaries will be more difficult. For example, taking egypt or great britain is going to be tough.
Government type:
Focus: you only get one. if it is space you have a weak earth presence. if it is military growth you have a floundering economy unless you are at war. if it is economic growth you have a weak military. etc.
Starting diplomatic stance, i.e. Foreign policy: how do you feel about the other nations right now.

I need about 7 players, I am not playing only moderating.

The way it is going to work. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday year each, that means 3 years in a weak. I am going to roll dice to finalize research by nations. If you research nano tech, I will roll dice to see if you achieve it. The way that works, if you research nano tech and I roll an 7, you get the tech on Friday if you posted it on Monday this is the rule for anything between 7-10. if i roll 12 you get it immediately (call it an act of god). 7 is successful, anything less is a failure. after three failures (one roll for each tech per day) you will be given the tech as if I had rolled an 7 the fourth time. 11 will get you the tech the next year. so if queued up on Monday you get it wednesday.

War between nations: I will take into account growth, participation and overall standing. then I will assign a strength value. Then I roll a dice if you are the weaker nation, attacking a stronger nation you need to roll 2x as high to win. a stronger nation needs only to roll a value no less than -1 from what the weaker nation rolled. If A has value of 5 and B has value of 3 and B attacks A then B needs a dice roll 2x the roll of A. if A attacks B then whatever B rolls, A needs no less than B-1.

at the bottom of your posts you need to maintain 2 things at all times. a research list, that contains current research and acheived techs. I will have my own lists going as well. Also, a map of what territories you are IN. not invading but in. Invasions need to be marked with RED arrows.

I'll start with three players but will add upto 7.

Note the QUEUE rule. By QUEUING things up this makes the game more manageable for everyone. I will try and post results Monday mornings early, Tuesdays and Thursdays. SAT and SUN do not count as anything except for weekends and we all know that playing this game on the weekend should not happen.

lets see how this works.

Hats off to Ruin and Turkbaris13 for getting this going once before.
Attachments
world.jpg
Last edited by Badion on Tue May 29, 2012 7:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
One of these things is not like the others.
Every penny saved costs the government 2.1cents.

Darkname

Re: Create your own country 2

Postby Darkname » Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm UTC

Instead of posting daily could we que up stuff to do over the course of a couple days and resume after the que is finished?
BLARG!!

Badion

Postby Badion » Tue May 29, 2012 7:18 pm UTC

great idea. i'll make an edit

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue May 29, 2012 8:10 pm UTC

Alright, the last one looked interesting enough so I'll join up.

Country name: Novaria
Government type: Democratic Council. 15 councilors are elected, three each focusing on military, trade, internal development, research/scientific advancement, and foreign relations.
Focus: Scientific advancement.
Foreign policy: Overall neutrality. Like Modern-day Switzerland; content to trade/assist with development, but unwilling to participate on either side of an armed conflict.

(OOC: what exactly does "Militia-style military" entail? Also, I assume the southern half of Greenland will be small enough. More than anything else, I'm aiming for the part south of the arctic circle, but half seemed reasonable, so if my claim is too large restrict it to that.)
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Badion

Postby Badion » Tue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm UTC

eculc wrote:Alright, the last one looked interesting enough so I'll join up.

Country name: Novaria
Government type: Democratic Council. 15 councilors are elected, three each focusing on military, trade, internal development, research/scientific advancement, and foreign relations.
Focus: Scientific advancement.
Foreign policy: Overall neutrality. Like Modern-day Switzerland; content to trade/assist with development, but unwilling to participate on either side of an armed conflict.

(OOC: what exactly does "Militia-style military" entail? Also, I assume the southern half of Greenland will be small enough. More than anything else, I'm aiming for the part south of the arctic circle, but half seemed reasonable, so if my claim is too large restrict it to that.)

Welcome! I will give you greenland south of the most northern tip of alaska. Should suffice. Remember it is very cold there.

Militia style is that you have no standing army, you ring a bell and some minimally trained citizens throw on uniforms and grab guns.

world05_29_12.jpg

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Wed May 30, 2012 3:45 pm UTC

Excellent without the requirement to post daily i can also join!

Country name: Catachan
Government type: Theocracy
Focus: Mercenary Work/Assassination (Military)
Starting diplomatic stance: Work for the highest bidder
BLARG!!

t1mm01994

Postby t1mm01994 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm UTC

Country name: Stimzerland
Government type: Dictatorial
Focus: Economic progress
Starting diplomatic stance: Keep peace with everyone, get money

Badion

Postby Badion » Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm UTC

updating map today. Please QUEUE up your activities.

Edit: Updated Map
Attachments
world05_29_12.jpg
Last edited by Badion on Thu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 pm UTC

Catachan researches for friday and monday

Catachan researches advanced optics to allow for 3,500 meter range on sniper rifles by putting computers in the rifle and optimizing bullet travel.

Catachan researches advanced toxin immunization and weaponization.

Catachan Actions for friday and monday

Begin Training program: Killing for the Uacmitun Ahau

Colonize more of Brazil
BLARG!!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm UTC

Friday Research: Automated manufacturing with advanced materials like Titanium or titanium alloys.

Monday Research: Fusion-based electricity generation.

Friday Action: construct airfields in major cities. Begin training an air force.

Monday Action: Design+construct military aircraft. both air-to-air fighters and Ground-attack aircraft (like an A-10, not a B-2) (the better manufacturing should help with this)

(for clarification: we have a minimal volunteer military, but with modern technology/weapons? that's what I'm basing my decisions off of.)
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Badion

Postby Badion » Thu May 31, 2012 2:44 pm UTC

Correct on the military clarification, of course you could, creat an action like, raise a standing military. (Consider this the only piece of advice I will give you unless I think you are lost in space).

When on Friday I will post the results of your aactivities. I will quote your comment and then put a pass or fail. if pass it will have the number of years next to it, so it will say "Pass 2" that means in two years lets say Monday, since the posting day will be EST and hopefully fairly early. That means that results day counts as a year.

Badion

Postby Badion » Thu May 31, 2012 3:20 pm UTC

just to give you all a clarification. Construction of anything is not rolled. Only research and battles, and invasions, etc. growth within country borders is acceptable but I will limit the growth as I see fit. I will be very fair.

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Thu May 31, 2012 4:37 pm UTC

(seeing as how we simply have 3 neutral nations perhaps some NPC Nations could be brought into to create some targets for millitary ops :twisted: or research partners something that will prevent everyone from going at each other throats or just building up for 30 years. Also if their is no rule set guiding actions i think we should make some limits to actions per year such as 2 wartime actions 2 economic actions and 2 constructions actions. This is a much more guided game so we should apply rules to most of the aspects of it)
BLARG!!

Badion

Postby Badion » Thu May 31, 2012 5:58 pm UTC

Darkname wrote:(seeing as how we simply have 3 neutral nations perhaps some NPC Nations could be brought into to create some targets for millitary ops :twisted: or research partners something that will prevent everyone from going at each other throats or just building up for 30 years. Also if their is no rule set guiding actions i think we should make some limits to actions per year such as 2 wartime actions 2 economic actions and 2 constructions actions. This is a much more guided game so we should apply rules to most of the aspects of it)

I can create some NPC's but I would be more happy with starting them a little overpowered so i dont have to make actions for them all of the time. I can create them if others like the idea.

As for limiting unrolled actions. I am against it. However there is some power with the GM (me) to say that an action takes a specific amount of time. not to mention the natural challenges you are going to run into. For example, colonizing brazil might just be dangerous to health considering the jungle environment and the possibility of being infected with a virus, or parasite. things like that will help. I am going to reserve that restriction for now.

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Thu May 31, 2012 6:08 pm UTC

(alright keeping how much you can do real seems quite fair and acts as a rule in itself)

Catachan citizens are raised in the jungle and taught how to survive and fight in the jungle making them masters at jungle and guerrilla warfare where their mastery of stealth tactics comes from colonize territory similar to their homeland is quite simple but being a jungle people they are not the greatest with technology and machines so most of the colonizing is done on foot.
BLARG!!

Badion

Postby Badion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm UTC

Darkname wrote:Catachan researches for friday and monday

Catachan researches advanced optics to allow for 3,500 meter range on sniper rifles by putting computers in the rifle and optimizing bullet travel. PASS 3

Catachan researches advanced toxin immunization and weaponization.PASS 2

Badion

Postby Badion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm UTC

eculc wrote:Friday Research: Automated manufacturing with advanced materials like Titanium or titanium alloys. PASS 3(Get it Wednesday)

Monday Research: Fusion-based electricity generation. PASS 3 (get it Friday)

Badion

Postby Badion » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm UTC

GM actions

A small tribe in India has declared war on all non Indian nations, their current population stands at just over 1000 people.

Massive earthquake separates California from the north american land mass.

Nations of Africa are at war. It is very difficult to enter the African continent with the exception of North African nations.

China and Japan are at war

Russia is suffering from a sever famine

The penguins in the arctic are rebelling, nobody cares.
Attachments
world05_29_12.jpg

Badion

Postby Badion » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:39 pm UTC

QUEUE up for today.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 pm UTC

Badion wrote:QUEUE up for today.

Hm? I thought we already had. (those were the friday/monday actions, right?)

Badion

Postby Badion » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 pm UTC

eculc wrote:
Badion wrote:QUEUE up for today.

Hm? I thought we already had. (those were the friday/monday actions, right?)

Some did some didnt, feel free to queue more.

Darkname

Postby Darkname » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:00 pm UTC

(Indeed mine were friday monday actions because i was not going to post friday and monday i wasnt sure.)

Catachan

Advanced optics sniper rifles have increased success rate on sniper missions conducted by state sponsored Mercenary's have increased to 85%. Training program has increased success rate another 10%

Due to African infighting Sniper teams have been sent over in foreign aircraft to look for work from African Dictators paid in diamonds.

Colonization is in progress.

Wednesday Research: Weapons capable of operating at peak efficency regardless of weather and enviromental conditions.

Wednesday Actions: State Kill teams and Sniper teams fighting for both China and Japan have increased the economy in Catachan Toxin research put into effect killing large amounts of population in Africa, Japan and China with test results from killing Rebelling penguins. Using money from this to hire flight company to increase amount of weapons transport capable.
BLARG!!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:40 pm UTC

Wednesday Research: Researching construction of electronic systems immune to electromagnetic fields.

Wednesday Action: constructing a naval defense force using new advances in manufacturing technology.

Friday Research: Manipulation of large EM fields.

Friday Action: Retrofitting Naval forces with Fusion-power reactors.

Badion

Postby Badion » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:18 pm UTC

seeing as timm isn't playing this is pretty fruitless. if he wants to join or some one wants to take his place let me know via PM, otherwise I am going to let this thread die slowly.

Return to “Forum Games”