Forum Nation

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

sco

Re: Forum Nation

Postby sco » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:07 am UTC

Page topper, this is just to hold the spot so noone steals it, I'll post the full state of the nation report soon. For now it is mostly just a copy of the original post, I'll find time to update it ASAP but please bare with me.

Voting regulations: A mayor of a town's vote is worth three votes when a motion involves the mayor's town but one on other motions . A council members votes are worth two on all motions. A motion passes or fails when a vote count comes to six on one side. The king may finalize a motion before the neccesary votes at any time but any objection will reopen voting on until it is finalized again.

Motions may also be made on national problems,laws, policy, and how motions are made.

Current Cities: 3. Capital City, 12.Magma Palace, 8. Sintori, 1. Ostia, 19. Proudspire,22.Seagate, 21. Scargo

Orders of buissness and motions:

Now a first order of buissness. -Closed

Spoiler:
The city of Magma Palace is a heavily fortified city that is famous for it's lava powered forge's. There is currently a large surplus of newly forged steel in the tons that the owners of are willing to sell to goverment at a premium. Should we accept the deal and if so what should we do with the steel? Forge weapons, armor, machinery, trade,etc?
Motion:sending the surplus to Sintori for machinery: 7 votes-Motion passed

Second order of Buissness: The point where the three rivers meet on the most westward island is where many small local trading ships carry local goods from the area to Capital City (City 3. on the map) then outward to the ocean and the other islands. This area keeps getting attacked by bandits and thus losing money for the local good makers,trade shippers, and the capital. There have been two eye witness accounts that one of the bandits was using water magic to sink the boats. The area is out of juristiction for Capital City Guards and have requested that we should come up with a solution to deal with these bandits.
Motion A: Making it law that all trading vessels are to be guarded by the national royal guards to protect against further attacks: 0 Votes
Motion B: Putting together a miltary force of soliders and magicans to eliminate the bandit threat in the area: 0 Votes
The Mages sent to infiltrate the bandit group have discovered that there is a cult behind the mages leading the group, their next move is yet to be decided, should they continue investigating or should the whole group be picked up and interogated.

Third order of buissness: Our temporary treaty with the Merfolk has come into question. I have received word that the Merking Atlan sees it that we are using his ocean to fish from (Only a relativly small agreed upon portion mind you.) and demands a tribute of one tenth our nations annual fish catch. If we don't agree to his demmands he has the power to create powerful waves to destroy our navy and fishing vessels. Plus he can use the sirens to lead our seaman to doom as well.
A diplomat should be sent to negotiate an agreement with the merfolk which must include the continued assurance that our fishing vessels can fish in 'their' ocean. Votes: 2 (mine, I'm not sure how everyone else wanted the treaty so please put in your votes).

Fourth order of buissness: The vampire sightings in and around Capital City has increased rapidly over the past two months. Their is no know agenda by these vampires as of yet but the this rapid devolpment means either they're getting lazy or there is something afoot. Either way the security of the capital and most importantly the royal family meaning me are at risk.

Current National Resources:
Iron
Steel
Lumber
Fruit (Apples mostly)
Fish
Livestock(Minimal)
Wheat(Surplus)
Rice(Minimal)
Salt
Lava(Dangerous..Duh)
Gunpowder
Paper
Flour[/spoiler]
Last edited by sco on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

turkbaris13

Postby turkbaris13 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 am UTC

So should I start building brick roads since you and I agree or we need 1 more road.
And also which regions we have so far?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 am UTC

Nota Bene: As coincidence would have it, I have considerable experience in organizing "Forum Nation" like games. So if any help is ever needed organizational-wise, let me know.

I'm going to try to apply now, let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly:

I would like to apply for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs if indeed this position is now open following the recent coup.

If I may also, I would like to apply to name City 21 as "Scargo". If your majesty does so consent I would also like to be granted the title of "Count of Scargo", both to have a title which would grant me some sort of notability when dealing with foreign dignitaries (royalty in particular) as well as to allow me to administer the city of Scargo (almost like a mayor) until the time comes when someone else decides to take on the job of city administration.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 am UTC

What money system are we currently using?

Oh, and I vote in favor of brick roads. Maybe we can have convicts build them as communal labour instead of spending time in prison.

sco

Postby sco » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 am UTC

Ok, we have agreement on building brick roads between our major cities and orangedragonfire has suggested using prisoners as a labour force. I'll vote for that which means that we only have one more vote needed to pass it.

Djehutynakht, your position as Minister of Foreign Affairs is approved and city 21 will be known as Scargo unless anyone has an objection. I don't think we've really got a system set up for it but, unless anyone objects, I bestow upon you the title of count of Scargo and make you acting mayor of Scargo until such time as a permanent mayor can be appointed.

Turkbaris, feel free to start building the roads but remember the use of prison-labour is still to be approved. All regions on the map are currently under our control due to the popular nature of our rebellion but depending on our actions that might change.

As for our currency, much of the local populace uses a simple barter system but we do have an official currency that is used both internally, predominantly in the cities, and externally for trade.

Now for new business:

The undercover wizards have reported further progress within the bandit organisation, learning that the water-mages are part of a new cult. They have been unable to discover more than this yet and have requested advice on what course of action to take. The floor is now open for suggestions on this topic.

We need to finalise the vote on sending 2 battle mages to accompany a diplomat to the merfolk to negotiate an agreement with them. Currently servant-of_christ and I have voted for this action.

An action proposal for dealing with the vampires from servant-of_christ would be timely but I'm also opening the floor to suggested courses of action from any council member.

The missionaries sent to the orcs have met with a little success but have had little effect on overall public opinion among the orcs. A small human sympathiser group has formed among the young orcs but as yet they have had little effect upon official policy.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:59 am UTC

That would be favorable. We could establish a construction corps to do various construction projects around the nation.

May I suggest more specifically we try out the Roman design of roads? They seem to be longlasting and extremely durable.

Seeing as we are an island nation, it would also probably be beneficial to maximize our efficiency of naval transportation (through sea, river and possibly even canal), as well as the efficiency in connection between our road and water systems.

turkbaris13

Postby turkbaris13 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 am UTC

Okay so we start building roads.
For prison idea I agree but we need to send some "soldiers" to look at prisoners that they might try to run away. Also since England is cold some of the weak prisoners can be dead so I am asking to bring "Jackets or Furs to keep prisoners warm so they won't die.
Also the Prisoners will get food and other water supplies they need during the work program.
And if we catch any Loyal Troops what would we do kill them or ask them to join us or force them to work for roads since soldiers usualy are stronger random prisoners.
And did we kill the old king yet or capture him?

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:27 pm UTC

it was a bloodless coup.

The monster hunter has told me he believes that the men are ready. i am mobilizing a small group of 50 soldiers to combat the vampires, and have sent 10 other soldiers to prepare defense teams for the cities.

I would like small vials of liquid light to be produced, for emergencies on the battlefield.

also, how is the synthetic blood coming?

turkbaris13

Postby turkbaris13 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 am UTC

I am asking congress and king to do "Naval Sea" act so that our new country can have a navy and even send trade agreements to other countries and who know maybe we can invade some of the small countries we found and start froming colonise but before that we need to create a navy and explore the seas and trade with other nations.
The brick roads finished to major cities and areas so now we are sending prisoners to other cities and areas we captured so every citizien we have would feel hapier and less likely to rebel against us.
And also if the king agreess I would like to be Mayor of City 17 since it is near a river so that I would know whats going on our ports and trades, and also since war is over it would be good start if sco starts naming cities and capture the old king.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 pm UTC

Apparently synthetic blood is quite difficult to make. Blood has turned out to be a very complex liquid. We are working on it, but it doesn't seem like we'll get anywhere in the near future. I would request the help of some mages on this project; both because they might be able to enhance our microscopes to see smaller things, and because we suspect that there might be a magical component to blood.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:14 am UTC

Alright, let me see...

Your Majesty, King Sco, if any international matters arise which need my dealing with, please notify me of the situation so that I may deal with the foreign agents readily.

In the meantime, I begin to develop the foreign ministry. I am now beginning to hire and train diplomats, both old hands at the game and eager young recruits. We are also using diplomatic apprenticeships to get some labor done. We are also hiring language and cultural experts, especially for those groups with whom we deal regularly.

In physical terms, we are establishing a main office for the Foreign Ministry in the Capital City. We are also establishing two branches in Magma Palace and Scargo.

We would like permission from King and Council to establish Embassies or missions with several nations or peoples with which we deal regularly. Please let us know with who we should establish these with, as we are aware that not all of these nations are ones we might wish to establish such communications with (or who might accept it from us).
_____

Also, as a dedicated vexillologist, I am looking into possibilities for creating a national flag. As well as being a proud national symbol, it also provides practical uses in terms of foreign affairs, giving a symbol of identity to our vessels and traders.
_____

In Scargo, I begin to work on civilian improvements.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:42 am UTC

We've made a breakthrough in measure to use against the vampires. Apparently, they instinctively go for the neck when they want to suck blood (which they want all the time). By wearing a thick leather collar, you can prevent them from sucking blood, and while they try to do so they are quite vulnerable.

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:50 pm UTC

thank you. I will have leather collars fashioned for all my soldiers. with this protection, I am ordering an open attack, sending in the 100 soldiers just trained to fight vampires

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 am UTC

orangedragonfire wrote:We've made a breakthrough in measure to use against the vampires. Apparently, they instinctively go for the neck when they want to suck blood (which they want all the time). By wearing a thick leather collar, you can prevent them from sucking blood, and while they try to do so they are quite vulnerable.

Question: If they instinctively go for the neck, but find it blocked, will they attempt to target other areas of the body?

sco

Postby sco » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 am UTC

Servant-of_Christ wrote:thank you. I will have leather collars fashioned for all my soldiers. with this protection, I am ordering an open attack, sending in the 100 soldiers just trained to fight vampires

The Vampires have been coming primarily from the forests to the south and east of the captial, in which direction do you intend to send this expeditionary force?

Djehutynakht, we currently trade with the elves and have been attempting to open negotiations with the Orcs. Our primary concern right now is the merfolk and as yet we have not heard back from the diplomat we sent to them.

Servant-of_Christ

Postby Servant-of_Christ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 am UTC

I sent them southeast, but gave them freedom to move to where the vampires strike, if they start moving.

Return to “Forum Games”