Super Dungeon Rumble

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

SuperTD

Super Dungeon Rumble

Postby SuperTD » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:49 pm UTC

A long time ago, in a forum thread far far away, there was a game. This was called Super Hero Rumble. From that spawned another game, created by the one who was once known as Chrismclegless. This was Super Dungeon Rumble-A player driven roleplaying game where the Super Hero Rumble system is used for combat because it is simple and easy. The gist is that it is a standard fantasy D&D game, but the players create the story as they go along. I'm just here to run combat and give things a boost if they start slowing down. This is an example of one of the games. Christophoros's Game
So, I'm petitioning for players. See Deva's second post for an easy summary of the rules. The rules for the game are attached below, and here is the list of starting items that can be bought, with your starting wealth of 10 gold.
Spoiler:
Amulet of health - Gain 5 energy. - Cost 5
Amulet of natural armour - Gain 5 Damage Reduction - Cost 5
Armour of darkness - Only useable by Thieves - Your sneak attack does an additional 10 unavoidable damage - Cost 5
Armour of hardiness - Ignore the first 20 damage you take in each encounter - Cost 10
Axe of rage - Only useable by barbarians - Gain a +5 damage bonus to two attacks per round - Cost 5
Baliset of inspiration - Only useable by Bards - Your inspirations have a bonus of +5 - Cost 5
Blade of light - Only useable by Paladins - Grants a +10 attack bonus against undead - Cost 5
Blade of flame - Grants a +10 damage bonus to one attack per round - Cost 5
Blade of teaching - Only useable by Fighters - Gain an additional 10*(level)2 experience from each encounter - Cost 5
Bracers of archery - Only useable by Rangers - Gain a +15 attack bonus to one attack per round - Cost 10
Elixir of health - Disappears after use - Regain 15 energy - Cost 2
Gloves of power - Only useable by Monks - Gain either a +5 attack or +10 defence bonus each round - Cost 5
Mace of smiting - Only useable by Clerics - Once per encounter may grant a +25 attack bonus to an evil target. Cost 5.
Rapier - +5 on one flanking attack per round.
Ring of Friend shield - Once per encounter may grant a +30 defence bonus to a target ally - Cost 5
Ring of Ironskin - Once per encounter grants bearer +20 Damage reduction for that round - Cost 5
Ring of Protection - All attacks against the bearer are at -5 - Cost 10
Staff of fire - Only useable by Mages - Once per day may cast burning hands - Cost 5
Scimitar of the forests - Only useable by Druids - Once per day may cast entangle on an opponent when he is hit - Cost 5
Wand of missiles - Only useable by Sorcerers - May cast Magic Missile 5 times. Once all 5 charges have been used, the wand disintegrates. - Cost 5

Players may join mid game, but I won't take more than 8 at a time
Attachments
Super Dungeon Rumble SRD v2.doc
(248 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Last edited by SuperTD on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am UTC, edited 15 times in total.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Vieto

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble

Postby Vieto » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:57 pm UTC

I remember this, count me in.

Name: Travis Meadwillow
Race: Halfling
Class: Ranger
Item: Bracers of Archer
Bio: Meadwillow is the son of the owner of the Mead River Meadery, which was burnt down when Mead River was destroyed with barbarians, along with his father. He decided to take up the profession of a Ranger, and opted for revenge, eventually defeating the barbarians 2 months later. He now seeks adventure for a profit, so that he might establish a meadery of his own some day.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:07 am UTC

Sounds fun.

Race: Warforged
Name/Serial Number: R3MI-L496
Model: Healbot Junior
Version: 1.10.5b
Class: Cleric
Patron Deity: Quality Assurance Inspector #2

Biography: Expanded the semi-popular Healbot line. Intended it for ailing children. Purchased R3MI-L496 to cure one such child. Failed to read the fine print, however. Could not cure the child’s affliction. Kept it anyways. Prolonged their life approximately six months longer. Stored it in the basement, following the child’s death.

Stumbled across it while cleaning. Reminded them too much of loss. Donated it to the local militia. Possesses useful healing abilities, after all. Serves there currently. Learned some offensive maneuvers there. Favors defense, though.

Spells: Resistance (0), Bless (1), Summon "Monster" I (1)
Equipment: Ring of Friend Shield, Amulet of Natural Armor.

Note:
EDIT: There's something missing from the rulebook. Level 0 spells may be cast once per encounter, not once per day. Otherwise they'd be pathetic and actually worthless.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 am UTC

Deva, welcome! Vieto, welcome back!
Deva wrote:Patron Deity: Quality Assurance Inspector #2

I love this :)

Note:
EDIT: There's something missing from the rulebook. Level 0 spells may be cast once per encounter, not once per day. Otherwise they'd be pathetic and actually worthless.

Good catch, now updated.
nightlina wrote:Damn.. if there was a cannon ball thrown for every time someone was wrong on the internet.. well... I don't think we'd have enough cannon balls!

Deva

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Looking for players!

Postby Deva » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 pm UTC

Is the rulebook's length daunting? Offers a summary.

General
Energy: Health. Determines the strength/amount of your actions, also.
Race: Affects your energy, Defense, or Attack.
Class: Defines your role. Expect to attack somewhat as all roles.
Round: A turn of combat.
Encounter: One entire combat. Consists of several rounds.

Combat
Begins with sixty energy, ignoring class and race modifiers. Split that between Attack and Defense. (Your attack) – (opponent's defense) = damage. Will give an example between Alpha and Beta.

Round One Example
Alpha's split (starting with forty energy): twenty Attack and twenty Defense.
Beta's split (starting with sixty energy): fifty Attack and ten Defense.
Result: Thirty damage to Alpha and ten to Beta.

Round Two Example
Alpha (now with only ten energy): ten Attack. Zero Defense.
Beta (now with fifty energy): forty Attack and ten Defense.
Result: Thirty damage to Alpha. Knocks Alpha unconscious. Zero to Beta.

Other Combat Notes
Burn X: Harms you X energy. Causes a positive effect, of course.
Spend X: Requires X while determining Attack and Defense. (Example split with sixty energy: twenty Attack, thirty Defense, and ten for a power.) Occurs in class powers, generally.
Flanking: Multiple attackers on one target. Combines their Attack. So, (Your Attack) + (ally's Attack) – (opponent's Defense) = damage. Requires ten Attack minimum from each attacker.

SuperTD

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Looking for players!

Postby SuperTD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 pm UTC

Couldn't have put it better. Also, half the game is roleplaying anyway, you don't need to worry massively about the combat.

sco

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Looking for players! It's easy and

Postby sco » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 am UTC

Alright, I'm in if you'll have me, first time doing a role playing game online though so we'll see how I go:
Name: Artaer Rivael
Race: Half-elf
Class: Thief
Items: Armour of Darkness, Rapier.
Bio: Artaer Rivael comes from a long line of thieves and criminals who work together as a family to great effect and proffit. When each member of the family reaches a certain age they are violently expelled from the group until they can amass a large enough score, at which time they may either return or set up their own group, often acting as a branch of the 'family'. Artaer is currently on this mission.

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 am UTC

Good to have you aboard :) Now if we can just get one more person I'll start-I'd rather have around 6, but I don't think this game garners as much attention as it used to :(

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 pm UTC

/in

I had completely forgotten about this game.

Name: Erek'va'thor-Mustif'hal'beishan ("Erik")
Race: Elf
Class: Barbarian
Energy: 75

Items: Blade of Flame, Amulet of Natural Armour

Erek'va'thor-Mustif'hal'beishan was abandoned by his parents in the forests when they realised that maybe giving him such a long an pronounceable name was possibly not such a great idea after all. Rather than admit their mistake to the community, they claimed he had been eaten by dire rabbits. Amazingly, no-one questioned this story. He was raised by bears.
"Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake."

"Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement."

Never Forget

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 pm UTC

I'm holding off on the intro post for a short while, as we may have a possible source of extra players.

Christophoros

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Beginning shortly

Postby Christophoros » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 am UTC

If there;s no responses by tonight, I'd start up anyway, TD. They can always join in as we go, and we don't want this to stall before it begins.

Never Forget

SuperTD

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Beginning shortly

Postby SuperTD » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm UTC

Ok, lets go.

Dorgath spat in the ground as he idled along through the dank slave pits, glancing occasionally at the men and women inside the cells on either side. Most were just your average human, maybe with an elf scattered in the mix. But then he stopped, and took a second glance at the cell to his right. Inside sat a much stranger group of four-an elf, a midget, a crossbreed and...some sort of machine? He'd heard about them of course, but few people in these parts had ever claimed to see one in person. He grinned, and strolled on. This afternoon's games are going to be interesting he thought. The high lord had recently come up with a new idea, in which prisoners would be put into teams of four, and then they'd all enter a battle arena at different points. Only one team could go free at the end, and if anyone on a team died, the rest of the group had lost and were just fighting for survival. The layout of the arena changed with each game, so the audience would never be able to predict the outcome or have it get stale. I know which team my money's on. His lips twisted into a smile, and he hurried on up and outside to the seating area-this was not a game to miss.

Take it away!

Christophoros

Re: Super Dungeon Rumble-Game has begun

Postby Christophoros » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm UTC

Erik looked at the three other prisoner he'd been stuck with. He looked particularly long at the warforged. He'd heard of them, but never actually met one before. Tales spoke of a vicious race of sentient machines, brought into existence by a doomed wizard as a last ditch effort to destroy his nemesis. Erik wondered how bloodthirsty this monster would turn out to be. Turning his gaze on the other two, he looked in disdain. A halfling. Great. Those tricksy little bastards will steal your money before you've even earned it. And the cross-breed? Erik didn't know which was worse - that he'd been stuck here at all, or that he had to fight alongside one of them.

Oh well. May as well be polite. After all, they were all in this together.

"My name's Erek'va'thor-Mustif'hal'beishan, but you can call me Erik. Everyone else does."

Never Forget

sco

Postby sco » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm UTC

Artaer sits against the back wall, surveying his cell-mates from the half-shadows.
How did this happen to me, my family would be ashamed. Still, every situation has an opportunity, every problem an angle to exploit. Nothing keeps a Rivael down. At least I seem to have been placed with some half decent prisoners, can’t have them dying on me and costing me the contest.
Suddenly the elf spoke, snapping Artaer out of his reverie.
Christophoros wrote:"My name's Erek'va'thor-Mustif'hal'beishan, but you can call me Erik. Everyone else does."

Artaer stands and extends a hand, "Erek'va'thor-Mustif'hal'beishan, a pleasure to meet you." The name rolls off my tongue almost naturally, yet seeming somehow greasy. "My name is Artaer, it seems we shall be fighting together."
Last edited by sco on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm UTC

Scanning environment...
Current location: Timeout?
Previous location: Tavern
Cause of missing information: Soft reset?
Acquiring new faces...

"Greetings, Erik and Artaer. How is it hanging? Is R3MI-L496. Shortened it to Remi. Accepts other names, also.

May be stuck here awhile. Appears to permit talking in Timeout. Would you like to hear a story? Knows several, such as 'Little Red Riding Hood' and 'The Three Diminutive Pigs'. Or would you prefer a song?"

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:35 pm UTC

"Little Red Riding Hood? Isn't that the one about the evil child who broke into a wolf's house and distracted it with small talk about teeth while her friend the woodcutter crept up from behind and slaughtered it?"

If that's the sort of story this machine wanted to tell just to pass the time, Erik was certain that it must be even more brutal and terrifying than the legends made out.

Never Forget

sco

Postby sco » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm UTC

Ahh, deception, trickery and teamwork, sounds like an instructional story, and might be a good chance for the group to bond.

Artaer turns to the machine, his curiosity piqued by the chance to finally interact with one.
“A pleasure to make you acquaintance Remi. You may be right, a rousing story or a hearty song to raise the spirits in this dreary place certainly wouldn’t go amiss. But perhaps something a little more personal, how we all ended up here, perhaps? If we’re going to fight together we may as well get to know each other a little better.”

Deva

Postby Deva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 pm UTC

Christophoros wrote:"Little Red Riding Hood? Isn't that the one about the evil child who broke into a wolf's house and distracted it with small talk about teeth while her friend the woodcutter crept up from behind and slaughtered it?"

"Heard a similar version.

Begins with a little girl. Received a red hood from her grandmother. Becomes known as Little Red Riding Hood. Loved her grandmother. Decided to visit her one day. Baked a cake. Skipped towards her grandmother’s house.

Overheard Little Red Riding Hood’s plans. Loved eating small children. Could not ambush her in the forest, however. Patrolled the roads heavily after the last abduction.

Hatched a scheme. Would follow Little Red Hiding Hood to discern her destination. Planned to attack her indoors. Eliminated the chance of guards. Wore a wolf pelt to blend in, for insurance.

Discovered Little Red Riding Hood’s grandmother’s house. Broke in. Ate the grandmother’s hand as an appetizer. Stored the rest for later. Kept her alive for freshness. Waited for the main course’s arrival.

Reached her grandmother’s house. Opened the door. Walked in. Discovered a man in her grandmother’s bed. Excused herself quickly. Leapt at Little Red Riding Hood. Screamed.

Alerted a ranger passing by. Found a man threatening a small girl. Executed a flanking attack with Little Red Riding Hood’s help. Vanquished the evil person. Freed the grandmother from the cupboard. Dissected the cannibal to recover her hand. Reattached it with healing magic. Received a sizable bounty for the corpse. Lived happily ever after.

The end."

sco wrote:"A pleasure to make you acquaintance Remi. You may be right, a rousing story or a hearty song to raise the spirits in this dreary place certainly wouldn’t go amiss. But perhaps something a little more personal, how we all ended up here, perhaps? If we’re going to fight together we may as well get to know each other a little better."

"Good idea. Cannot provide much, unfortunately.

Learned about a gathering of adventurer-types at a tavern. Wanted to eliminate a young dragon. Terrorized the local area. Exceeded the militia’s strength. Joined at their recommendation.

Entered the tavern. Booted here. Cannot recall anything in between."

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:30 pm UTC

Leaning against a wall, much smaller than the other three prisoners, sat Travis Meadwillow. Having been captured at a tavern after slaying the barbarians responsible for destroying his village, he was given the choice between being an entertainer, or death. He was used to being looked down on, although he had only every seen halflings like himself, and on occasion, men. He had heard of elves, but had never seen them. One looked related to the race of men, but the other was distinctly different, with long ears and being taller than the man made of metal. However, he quickly grew to disdain when he realized that the elf, if that was what it was, was dressed like a barbarian. He also noticed that he looked down on both him, the human, and the metal man, as if he was above them.

The man-elf, he decided to call the half-elf in his head; he liked the idea in a sense, that one could be 2 different things at once, kind of like him. He was now both a ranger and a tavern keeper, although the latter might have to wait for a period. Examining the man-elf, he noticed he was wearing thief garbs, and so he became distrustful of him at once. Maybe the elf folk are not as noble as I have heard?

He last turned to the man of metal. The man looked to be a soldier, although he was not sure why a prison would let him keep his armour... Oh, right. Death match. Well, it is good to have a man who is dressed for battle, I suppose. The man spoke funny, so he might have come from far away. He told an interesting story, featuring a ranger, so perhaps they had archers there as well.

He pushed off from the wall, before remembering he was sober. Hoping that he still appeared fresh and clean enough, he decided to introduce himself.

"Good mornings to you, Mr. Erik, Mr. Artaer, and Mr. Remi. My name is Travis Meadwillow, son of Garywind and Waterlily Meadwillow. It is a pity we could not have made acquaintance over a better meal; one scrap of bread and one thing of meat with no drink is just cruel and poor hostmanship! Err, where are we anyways?"

Travis just realized that he had no idea where he was. The room had rocks for walls and floors, and metal open to a squared hallway. He did not like squares, and even a nice dirt floor would have resembled Mead River a little bit, though it did not compare to nice wooden floors and walls. Even that tavern was tolerable, what with the drinks.

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm UTC

Erik nodded along as the machine told his story. He wondered where the machine had picked it up; it was similar yet different enough to show more than just a local variation. I wonder how far we've been pulled from. More to the point, I wonder how we were pulled here?

"Good question, Travis. I've absolutely no idea. Last I knew I was up in the northern reaches, killing some orcs. I got hit on the head and ended up here. I guess once we break out and find a tavern we can ask someone."

Erik wandered over to the bars and ran his sword along them, creating a godawful rattling sound. When he noticed that the guards didn't give two figs, and all he was doing was irritating everyone else in the cell block, he stopped.

"Supposedly there's going to be a fight at some point. Anyone got any ideas on escape before that happens?"

Never Forget

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 pm UTC

Travis tapped on the stone.

"Unless one of you can break through stone, I believe we only have 1 way we can go, and without cover or a hilltop to fight from, I do think that we have our hands tied, so to speak."

sco

Postby sco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:58 am UTC

Artaer leans casually against the wall throughout Remi’s story and Erik’s bar-rattling. He perks up a little at Travis’s introduction and nods friendlily, smiling and seeming to look at him straight in the eye, despite the difference in height. The look seems to be friendly at first but there seems to be some sort of calculation going on behind it.
Hmm, they’ve been captured elsewhere, brought here on purpose. Good. They only pick strong and interesting fighters to bring from so far away.
“This land is known as Taleighst (pronounced tay-lee-st), and we are currently in the holding cells beneath the grand arena. For my part I was apprehended above, attempting to… liberate some gold from the lockbox, filthy blood money, earned by the blood of poor saps like the four of us. Unfortunately, even if we could find a way out of this cell the arena is well guarded and it would not be advisable for us to make a direct assault on the guards themselves for they are all highly trained. Given the look of the other prisoners today though, we may just be able to get out of here alive if we can work together. The winners are usually granted their freedom so if we can merely survive a little combat then we can simply walk out the front door. Alternatively, we could always attempt to sneak out, if there is a chance once we are brought up to the staging area. Personally, I’d prefer to fight these other prisoners than the guards.”
(I assume I can make stuff like this up, you said it was largely player generated. If I've got it wrong then just let me know and ignore this post).

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:49 am UTC

((Is fine. Could have parked a pudding-powered escape carpet out back.))

"Thank you for the information, Artaer.

Doubts the likelihood of freedom. Why would they release good combatants? Watches for excitement, correct? Ought to act dull. Drives away customers. Releases those fighters sooner."

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 am UTC

Act dull. Interesting proposition.

"It's an idea. I suspect however that they would not take too kindly to it - after all, if we're not being entertaining, what value do we have? Add to this the fact that acting dull generally means not fighting very well, and I think we may end up dead. No, I reckon the best plan is just to kill whoever they put in front of us until either we see an escape, or we get released."

Never Forget

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 am UTC

Travis nodded in agreement. "It does appear that we are something of a show around here. Looking around, it does seem like most of the other prisons hold only men and... elves. I suppose we are different. But... entertainment, did you say? Why, where I come from, entertainment is a good bout of dancing on a tabletop with a pretty lass, or singing of songs while downing a pint of mead! Is it really entertaining watching others... fight?"

Travis stroked his chin. His tone of voice, which was normal to him, would sound to another to be nervous and bubbly. He was baffled by the prospect of fighting for entertainment, except perhaps the occasional drunken brawl. Of course, those were a different sort of fighting from the kind he knew more recently, and based on the fact that he was both sober and still with his bow, arrows, and bracer, he doubted that this would be the former.

However, he did know a thing or two about crowd pleasing. "They cannot just refuse us exit if we win, can they? I mean, there must be some sort of rules that they would have available to exploit or what not. One does not change the rules in the middle of a game and keep a happy crown, right? I mean, these people must have some decency, right?"

Again, he stroked his chin. "Perhaps we put on a show to let down their guard, then just vanish... somehow, when they are still having a fun time. Elves can do that, right? Make things vanish?"

((You guys wouldn't happen to have the one ring on hand, by chance? :P))

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 am UTC

Alas, the ring of power wasn't available with your starting money. :) I'm looking forward to seeing how you get yourselves out of this mess.

sco

Postby sco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 pm UTC

(even if Artaer had a pudding-powered escape carpet he wouldn’t tell the others about it, not yet anyway. Besides, I don’t think that was in our starting budget.)

"Oh, dancing and singing are entertainment where I come from too, but they’re quite brutal around here. The songs and tales of this land reflect their violent tendencies and skilful warriors showered with much praise. But they do need their competitions t have rules, if we win we should be let go. Don’t worry about being too interesting, they have people out there to ensure that the fights stay fresh, that’s why you’re all here, why they went to so much trouble to bring you from so far away. So rules yes, decency... in a sense I suppose. I have no skill with magic, unfortunately, though I am somewhat adept at disappearing myself. If we can cause a big enough distraction then perhaps we can sneak of but otherwise we may have to rely on a more direct method. I think we should try and work within the system for the time being, until an opportunity presents itself. With that in mind, perhaps we should discuss a little strategy, perhaps discuss our strengths and weaknesses? Personally, I can hold my own fairly well in combat but work better when my opponent is... distracted by another, so my preferred style of combat would be to have a partner working with me to defeat whichever opponent or opponents I am facing. How do you three prefer to fight, since it will probably come to that."

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm UTC

Originally I was assuming you'd just been captured in your travels somewhere, but I like that it seems to be much more dastardly and well planned than that :D

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm UTC

"Strategy?" Erik looked slightly confused. "I've always found the best strategy is to pick the biggest baddest bastard out there, and hit him really hard until he falls over. Then move on."

Never Forget

sco

Postby sco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 pm UTC

very subtle
"sounds effective, it's obviously worked well for you."

Deva

Postby Deva » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:06 pm UTC

"Leaves distractions to you three. Booted with squeaky joints." Demonstrates by rotating an arm. Creates a sharp, whining sound. "Cannot sneak effectively."

"Possesses powers from the glorious Number Two. Feels a weak connection, unfortunately. Retained enough to cure some injuries, however. Usually defends in battle. Sticks out. Gets targeted first somewhat often."

Hears trumpets blaring, along with a low rumble of cheers. "What was that? Is it halftime?"

sco

Postby sco » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm UTC

"You could say that, the pre-show is over."

At either end of the corridor guards are pulling prisoners out of their cells, guiding them towards the staging areas. Artaer adjusts his armour a little, checking each piece carefully. Smiles grimly around the cell.

"looks like we're up"

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 pm UTC

The cell door clanked open, and two burly armoured men looked them over, eyes lingering on the warforged. "Well, get a move on. You have a crowd to please. Put on a good show and maybe you get to live." They stood to the side of the doorway, and waited expectantly for the group to rise.

Deva

Postby Deva » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 am UTC

Rises. Walks out. Looks back towards the others. "Trained the guards well, correct? Are they ever combatants? What is preventing Mean Person X from using them?"

((Reminder note: Distraction? Knows one already.))

((Never specified the battle type. Imagines banjo duels now.))

sco

Postby sco » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 am UTC

Artaer casually finishes up his check, unhurried, then slowly saunters out of the cell.
"The guards would only be put into the arena if they'd broken the law, although I believe that there are a few who were former combatants. The guards answer to each level of superiors until, ultimately, it stops with the king so it really depends upon his disposition."
Nods to the guards and smiles. Bows with a little bit of a flourish.
"Good afternoon gentlemen, nice to meet me, the pleasure is yours." Gestures along the corridor, "shall we?"

Christophoros

Postby Christophoros » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 am UTC

Erik stepped out of the cell. Looking right, he saw a long line of other cells, terminating in a dead end. Only one way to go then.

Turning left, he strode down the corridor, his hand resting on the pommel of his sword, his fingers drumming lightly around the grip. Without looking back, assuming the others were following, he stepped out into the light of the arena, and walked calmly to the area indicated to him by the guards. Finding a puddle on the ground he knelt and pulled a small leather bag from his belt. Wetting his fingers in the puddle he dipped into the bag, and started smearing some sort of battle paint over his face. He did this slowly and deliberately, refusing to be rushed or even pay any attention at all to the thousands of cheering onlookers.

Never Forget

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 am UTC

Travis was not as comfortable as the others appeared to be, being a tad nervous. Not because of the combat that was soon to come, he was good at surviving that kind of thing. He was less comfortable in such close quarters surrounded by tall folk, and his head was still thumping slightly, which he hoped he might remedy soon. He walked close behind the metal man, figuring that he at least felt a bit safer there.

"I do expect the show to be, er, splendid, good fellows."

He hoped the arena would be more spacious than the cell and hallways.

sco

Postby sco » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am UTC

As Artaer steps out of the cell his attitude changes, shrinking down and looking nervous, seeming terrified of the generally bulkier humans around him, his rapier hanging strangely at his side. While walking down the hall he trips over the blade, almost falling. Only a very careful observer would notice the way his eyes devoured the scene around him or the readiness of his body, like a coiled spring. Moving out into the arena he follows Erik fairly closely, seeming to look around nervously and taking in the positions of the other groups. While Erik paints his face Artaer goes over to Travis.
“If you cover me with your bow, I’ll try and keep them off you as much as I can, deal?”

(I assume we’re allowed more normal equipment, as there was no bows or anything for our archer friend. All I’m looking for is if I could have some daggers or knives or something that don’t have a bonus but mean that I can fight with them.)

SuperTD

Postby SuperTD » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 am UTC

sco wrote:(I assume we’re allowed more normal equipment, as there was no bows or anything for our archer friend. All I’m looking for is if I could have some daggers or knives or something that don’t have a bonus but mean that I can fight with them.)

You can have any reasonable equipment such as standard weapons, but they won't aid you in combat with bonuses, they're just for the narrative.

sco

Postby sco » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm UTC

(thanks, that's basically what I was looking for)

Return to “Forum Games”