Nomic 16.2

For all your silly time-killing forum games.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

lylax

Nomic 16.2

Postby lylax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:09 am UTC

Seems like 16.1 never really took off, so here's hoping this one goes better. I've always wanted to play Nomic. Rules are from 16.1:

§001:
Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, amendment of or additions of rules.

§002:
If any rule contains text within square brackets, that shall be understood a placeholder for a particular instance thereof. This will usually be used when you are required to write something. For instance, if you are required to write "[username]" in any context, you should not actually write "[username]", but instead substitute the appropriate username. Slash inside brackets indicate that you should choose one of the options. So instead of "[a/b]", you should write either "a" or "b". If any of the options in the slash notation are a class of things, you should use an instance instead. So when required to write "[username/pass]", you would either write a username, or "pass".

§003:
All official motions must be in bold and italics and begin with "I make a motion to..." Additionally, official motions must end with "For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as [motion name]...", where you may choose any name for your motion that has not been used before.

§004:
To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote by saying "I cast my vote [in favor of/against] [motion-maker]'s motion to [motion summary]."

§005:
If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. The player casting the deciding vote is required to state: "[motion name] has [passed/failed]"

orangedragonfire

Re: Nomic 16.2

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 am UTC

I make a motion to establish the First Internomical Empire.
The Empire has the goal of spreading throughout as many games of Nomic. The Royal Family of the Empire shall be the players who vote for this motion. Only members of the Royal Family may admit others into the Royal Family. The Royal Family may proclaim motions that should be made in other Nomics. All players except the royal family in this thread that are also members of that other Nomic must do the following: If the motion has not yet been made, they must make it. If the motion has been made, they must vote for it.
For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Fiery's motion to establish the First Internomical Empire.

Rosewinsall

Postby Rosewinsall » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm UTC

I cast my vote in favor of Fiery's motion to establish the First Internomical Empire.
Last edited by Rosewinsall on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:42 pm UTC

I cast my vote in favor of Fiery's motion to establish the First Internomical Empire.

lylax

Postby lylax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 pm UTC

I make a motion to award each player a potato at the time this motion passes and also each new player who joins afterwards. Players may give their potatoes (or potato pieces) to other players, split the potatoes in halves and/or eat their potatoes (or pieces) in any post by the player. If eaten, the potato is destroyed forever. Potatoes may not be split more than once. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Lylax's motion for Latvian Patriotism.

(note that fiery's motion has not passed, as rosewinsall did not use correct vote formatting)

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:42 pm UTC

I cast my vote in favor of Lylax's motion for Latvian Patriotism.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
1. Orangedragonfire - Cat-killer
2. Patzer - Traitor
3. Rupert Murdoch - cancelled Firefly

lylax

Postby lylax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 pm UTC

Rosewinsall

Postby Rosewinsall » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:14 pm UTC

and my vote is in correct format now.

orangedragonfire

Postby orangedragonfire » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:43 pm UTC

I make a motion that there is a grand palace in which the Royal Family lives. From this palace the First Internomical Empire is ruled. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as orangedragonfire's motion to create a palace.

I make a motion that everyone who is not a member of the Royal Family must address member of the Royal Family as "Your Highness". For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as orangedragonfire's motion to give royalty well-deserved respect.

lylax

Postby lylax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 pm UTC

I cast my vote in favor of orangedragonfire's motion to create a palace.

I cast my vote in favor of orangedragonfire's motion to give royalty well-deserved respect.

Odilo

Postby Odilo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:33 am UTC

I cast my vote in favor of orangedragonfire's motion to create a palace.
I cast my vote in favor of orangedragonfire's motion to give royalty well-deserved respect.

I make a motion that you may not edit a post unless it is the last post. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Odilo's motion to preserve causality.

I make a motion that when a player makes a motion, they are assumed to have voted for it. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as Odilo's motion to assume that motion-makers voted for their motions.
Odilo's List of Hatred:
1. Orangedragonfire - Cat-killer
2. Patzer - Traitor
3. Rupert Murdoch - cancelled Firefly

lylax

Postby lylax » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:46 am UTC

I cast my vote in favor of Odilo's motion to preserve causality.
I cast my vote in favor of Odilo's motion to assume that motion-makers voted for their motions.

I make a motion to allow members of the royal family to assume positions within the First Internomical Empire. These positions grant no additional power, but they may choose name prefixes that correspond to the position. All other players may address them as such. Non-members of the Royal Family must address them in the format "Your highness and [prefix]", such as "Your Highness and Honorable Priest [username]." If a players misrefers to another player, they are penalized one-half of a potato. For the purposes of voting, this motion shall be referred to as lylax's motion to make things tedious.

I split my potato in half.

Return to “Forum Games”