So where's the after-meet: Danehy, or Davis?

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Sam Weir

So where's the after-meet: Danehy, or Davis?

Postby Sam Weir » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:07 am UTC

Hi -

I've tried to figure this out (really, I have) but am confused. Is there a consensus about where we're wandering after the meetup? I've seen Danehy Park and Davis Square.

(By the way, the only food options near Danehy are a McDonald's, a high-end supermarket, and a little walk farther, a Ground Round and I think a "99".)

-"sw"

Davis Square Rocks

Postby Davis Square Rocks » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:41 am UTC

Jose's Mexican Restaurant, on Sherman Street, is right next to the Danehy entrance. You won't fit hundreds of people in there, however.

There's a Bertucci's at Alewife station, a reasonable walk from Danehy.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:48 am UTC

I'm operating under the assumption that while the coordinates are the official meeting spot, activities will quickly shift to Danehey as more people arrive. So "after" the meetup we'll already be in Danehey. The only good place in Davis to congregate would be Seven Hills Park, which is far smaller and not at all kite-friendly.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:26 am UTC

I need to be adopted by a Bostonian I think. Otherwise I'm going to be so lost.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:33 pm UTC

Barbie wrote:I need to be adopted by a Bostonian I think. Otherwise I'm going to be so lost.

If anything like the number of people who said they'd arrive actually do, you'll be able to just follow the huge crowd. If you see a huge crowd and aren't sure it's the right one, scream "RAPTOR!" If they all bolt, that was the right crowd.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

telkanuru

Postby telkanuru » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:22 pm UTC

I for one am insanely curious as to how many people are actually going to be there. Hundreds of people flash-mobbing places is fun!
Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well. At least I'm not dead."
-R&G are Dead

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:37 am UTC

telkanuru wrote:I for one am insanely curious as to how many people are actually going to be there. Hundreds of people flash-mobbing places is fun!

There were ~800 people in the facebook group for the meetup, but it disappeared.

Maybe somebody shouted "raptor"?

Return to “XKCD Meetups”