Connecticut meetup?

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

reishka

Re: Connecticut meetup?

Postby reishka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:57 pm UTC

Agreed. I'm now unemployed again and I have all the time in the world. Anyone want to come over to play?

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm UTC

Car Chase Movie Night is still going on. Next one is Wed, Oct 7th (and every two weeks after that) in West Hartford. PM me if you want the address
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

Vulcanis

Postby Vulcanis » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm UTC

What times?
The only difference between insanity and genius is success.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

People are welcome to show up after 6pm. Theoretically the movie starts between 6:30-7pm, but it varies depending on who has shown up, if we are waiting for someone, discussions about where to order food, and general BSing.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu May 31, 2012 5:01 pm UTC

Hi really unused recently thread!

I live here now. Being CT. In Windsor. Super exciting I know.
I moved down from Camberville, where basically all my friends are forumites. I am kinda hoping that can happen here too.

So. What do people do around here for fun? If the answer is nothing then we need to change that.
Back in the old country we started out with cake night. A night with cake and an everyone is welcome policy. Now, I am not really good at making food, so we could edit things, but you get the idea.

I live in a house! Wanna come over sometime? Maybe help me eat this huge pie left over from Memorial Day?
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

screen317

Postby screen317 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:41 pm UTC

I just moved to New Haven! :D

Settlers anyone?

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm UTC

I have not played it before, but my friends seem to like it.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

sophyturtle

Postby sophyturtle » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:23 pm UTC

Double Post for this awe4some thing going on.

Tonight: Roller Derby Bout in the Hartford Area.
It will be great.
Think bad ass ladies with great asses in hot pants beating each other up for both your and their pleasure! It is fun to play, and fun to watch. Also, the venue sells beer and has video games. If you are into that sort of thing.

sophyturtle

Postby sophyturtle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm UTC

It's been months since I posted, so I am not counting this as double or triple or whatever.
And while it seems people are not into getting together here or reading this or whatever I thought I would put it out there.

Polar Run is happening yo! In January!
the facebook page wrote:Hartford Area Roller Derby is coming together to Help fight back against doestic violence. We will be running to bring awareness and to collect goods for the Battered womens shelters of Hartford and New Britian. Women promoting strong women.

I will be there, since I am part of the league. But you could be there too! I mean, it is a good cause and an excuse to wear small amounts of clothing in the cold with a bunch of other people or watch mostly attractive people run in summer clothing in January while you drink cocoa or whatever.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”