Blizzcon! October 10-11--Southern California

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Midnight

Blizzcon! October 10-11--Southern California

Postby Midnight » Fri May 16, 2008 2:42 am UTC

So, at the Anahiem Convention Center (right next to disneyland, in fact) there's this cool little (big) event called blizzcon. Some 5000 people roll up with their tickets and go. It's pretty flippin' sweet. I went to the one..2 years ago 2005 ie 3 years ago, I guess, and I loved it. It was for my birthday, which meant the family went, but it was next door to Disneyland... so they did that, while me, my cousins, and my dad went to the Con.

ionno if I'm going for sure this year or not--I got 5 months to plan it though, and I was wondering if anyone else is considering?

Obviously we can hammer out the details in 4 months or so, but yeahhhh.
uhhhh fuck.

Sheeplauncher

Re: Blizzcon! October 10-11--Southern California

Postby Sheeplauncher » Sun May 18, 2008 5:04 pm UTC

im considering but id need a plane ticket XD always wanted to go tho

snafubar

Postby snafubar » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 am UTC

I have Murky and the murloc costume... (although technically the Murky was given to me by someone else but I didn't play at the time that con took place). Ever since I recently leveled up a melee character and got the torment of the worgen book in Karazhan my wish is that there will be a worgen costume as the next reward for blizzcon or the next expansion collectors edition, but more murloc stuff or whatever else would be fine too. In short, I'll probably be there.
We are god's unwanted children, so be it!

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:24 pm UTC

They're doing what is essentially Blizzcon Europe at the end of this month. Officially it's Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational Event in Paris on 28-29 June. I potentially could have afforded a ticket, accommodation, and flights down to France for the weekend, and would have had time available to craft myself a cosplay set (I was thinking Hunter Beaststalker armour set from the pre-TBC WoW days with mechanically-operated hunter pet companion), however, I'm essentially tied-up with something major either side of that weekend, so buggering off to the opposite side of the English channel would have been out of the question. Luckily though, 2 good friends of mine are doing the trip with their dad, one of whom doesn't play WoW as much these days, so we arranged to exchange any potential [Loot] he gets in the welcome pak for something of equivalent value. I'll probably pay him to purchase some further Blizz apparel as well, but yeh, slightly annoyed I'm missing out. So, next time it goes European I'll probably be there. Can't do US 2008 either as that's when my university course gets under way. But Blizzcon is essentially on my '100 things to do before I pop my clogs' list.

Nyssa

Postby Nyssa » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:19 pm UTC

I went to last year's. I might go to this year, if I get free passes again. If not, probably not.
I've been sent to give you a singing mammogram.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”