[NZ] New Zealand!

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount

Re: New Zealand meet up

Postby pollywog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

Just a quick bump.

An idea has come up. Is anyone keen to go to Hanmer Springs? It's closer to Christchurch for those down South, and I can probably pick people up from the ferry at Picton and take them down.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:29 pm UTC

Polly, that is a great idea! HANMER SPRINGS! Rent a house or something. Drink, party, soak. And for the minors, I can totally seem like a responsible adult. I can talk to parents and seem all smart and stuff (I actually am a responsible adult).
michaelandjimi wrote:Oh Mr Gojoe
I won't make fun of your mojo.
Though in this fora I serenade you
I really only do it to aid you.
*Various positive comments on your masculinity
That continue on into infinity*

Feeble accompanying guitar.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

I am actually a highly irresponsible adult, so when you're talking on the phone to the poarents, I'll be in the background making sex noises.

But yeah, this would be awesome.
i'm fucking magic

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:38 pm UTC

Jack, you in? Anyone else? I can totally put in a bit of money to rent a house. A long weekend?

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

I can also supply money. It may cost a bit unless we get some sort of concession pass.
i'm fucking magic

vslayer

Postby vslayer » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:27 am UTC

hanmer sounds good. ive got both of my cars road legal now, so im definitely keen. i have a week off over new years then my weekend off falls on the 18th and every consecutive second weekend, someone set a date and i can make it happen.

ps, do we actually have any "minors" that need parental permission?

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:04 am UTC

Don't think so.

We were talking elsewhere if we wanted to choose somewhere cheaper than Hanmer Springs - that's a pretty expensive tourist town, and I dunno about you chaps but I'm pretty poor. There are a whole heap of way cheaper places with pretty much the same stuff (not sure about the specifics of the South Island, but I know a crapload up here).

That way we can save our money for drugs and hookers.

On the dates: Gojoe is away all January so that's probably out (but we could have a mini-meet during the BDO if a few of us are up there). It's too late for December, really. I'm free all of February if y'all are.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:05 am UTC

All I need is 2 weeks notice so's I can quit my job. I'll be able to go most anywhere.

I'm more keen for a North Island meetup, but I'm happy anywhere.
i'm fucking magic

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 am UTC

Quitting your job for an xkcd meetup? That's hardcore. The most I ever quit a job for was the release of a videogame.

Taupo is a pretty cool place, I've had fun there. Cheap accommodation, I think, a few things to do. Rotorua is a similar sort of deal, except it's bigger, and has a luge (both pros, especially the latter. I fucking love that luge), however seriously smells like shit. But likewise, I'm not hugely fussed over where it is, but would prefer North Island. Mainly because I loathe taking the ferry. Anywhere on any coast would be cool as well. There's always Golden Bay and shit.

One question is what exactly we're doing anyway. If we rent a house, we'll be able to drink heavily/snort cocaine off hookers arses/play loud music and so on to our hearts content, but I dunno how much it costs. Probably be worth it depending on how many of us there are.

So how many are there? Me, polly, Gojoe, and vslayer at least, right? That's four. I don't think there's anyone else who seems likely, but maybe someone'll pop up.

Should probably figure out roughly what petrol + accommodation would cost to get a basic budget idea.

vslayer

Postby vslayer » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:47 pm UTC

just checked some prices, we're looking at about $100-150 a night to rent a house, so it wouldnt be terribly expensive if we each paid one night. a good plan b though; i have both a very large(one of those multi-roomed canvas fuckers) tent and a generator, it wouldnt be that pricey to get a campsite.

as for drugs and hookers, ive got any and all drugs we need sorted, someone else will have to track down some hookers though :p

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Quitting your job for an xkcd meetup? That's hardcore. The most I ever quit a job for was the release of a videogame.
I'm gonna quit it anyway. There's only so long you can work at Pak n Save before you go mad.

What about a van and a couple of tents? Just an idea, because it should be pretty warm in february. Camping out at taupo would be pretty cool. I'm not fond of the luge at Rotovegas, last time I went on it I fell off every damn time. On the scenic route. Yeh, I'm pretty uncoordinated. Golden Bay would be possible, because I know places. We should be able to get a house or campsite in Takaka for dirtmoney.

I'm fully keen for the rent house/coke/hookers thing, but I probably have more money that I'm willing to piss away on drugs than others, so I'll go with the flow really.

vslayer wrote:i have both a very large(one of those multi-roomed canvas fuckers) tent and a generator, it wouldnt be that pricey to get a campsite.
I also have a big tent, and a campsite would be easy. I think this is one of the best options.
i'm fucking magic

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 am UTC

Camping out at taupo would be pretty cool.

Indeed it would, I'd be up for the tent thing. Might be tough to try and convince hookers to come back to it, though.

The-Rabid-Monkey

Postby The-Rabid-Monkey » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:19 pm UTC

Hi, not that I'll be doing any of your cross country meet-ups, but I'm in Christchurch.
Might (Hopefully will) be heading off to Dunedin next year though :D I'm surprised there's not more people on here from Otago uni.
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right. - Salvor Hardin, From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".

Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel
Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:58 pm UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:
Camping out at taupo would be pretty cool.

Indeed it would, I'd be up for the tent thing. Might be tough to try and convince hookers to come back to it, though.

Convincing hookers to come to a tent . . . well, it shouldn't be to hard.I mean, it's not like it hasn't been done before . . .

I had coke before . . . it was . . . disturbing . . . I spent half the day trying to feel half my face . . . granted, I was on the coke because the dentist needed to fix something to do with my mouth and it was the best way to make me not feel a thing . . . man, it was freaky . . . (medical cocaine is one of the strangest things ever . . . especially since it's not snorted . . . )

Puns fully intended.

Also, I'm living in Taranaki and 16 . . . you may need my mums permission . . . and a great reason for me to get out of school. I mean, its only school, its not like anything important and I can catch up on any work in about 20 minutes per class (seriously, my school sucks) . . . or should I just tell the truth? "Sorry I skipped class, I was snorting coke from a hookers ass with a bunch of people I met on the internet" . . . "Oh, that's quite alright. We were just doing to same in class . . . but without the internet people . . . and she doesn't take money, she does it for free so technically she's not a hooker, but she dresses like one!" . . . "crap, why didn't anyone warn me? that's the third time this year!" (second quote thingie being my principal . . . although he's more likely to reference starwars while telling me off)

Also, when picking a place to camp, we need to always be ready for zombie attacks. So everyone bring an anti-zombie weapon . . . we will need to make a guard duty system (while one person is snorting coke from a hookers ass, the other person is trying not to shoot himself in the foot)

I am a loner nerd, I practically have a whole year free except for when I go for my restricted licence . . . for my car that I don't want . . . for my job that I'm not going to get to pay for my car . . . to get me to the job to pay for my car to get me to the job to pay for my car . . . crap, that's like dividing by zero . . .

vslayer

Postby vslayer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:29 am UTC

parental permission at 16? geez, they really do coddle their kids up north. in my home town its the norm for us to move out and get a job the day we turn 15.

Location: I am a child of the city of destruction . . . So, my location is the city of dectruction!

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:45 am UTC

Na, my mums just a bit of a nut when it comes to knowing where everyone is all the time.

I don't want a job. I want to stay at school as long as I can, possibly go to uni and avoid getting a job untill it's absolutely necessary to do so. I hate working because people are stupid and I can do most things better and faster and therefore making more money for everyone . . . but people don't like being told that their system is crap and I made a better one . . . if people weren't that way, I would control both count down and new world while waging war on pak n save! (While secretly owning pak n save . . . ).

Also, once I get my restricted (I'm bound to fail the first time) then I should be able to go places ('cept the south island because when I went on the fairy last time, I got told off for throwing up over the side of the boat (To much great (junk) food, not sea sickness)) . . . Seriously, your not aloud to throw up over the side of the boat.

Wait, are there any other threads out there that have the words "snort cocaine from a hookers ass" in them? I must investigate! . . . "No suitable matches were found." Damn, I guess only New Zealanders are that awesome! :mrgreen:

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:03 am UTC

FotFa, I don't mean to be a dick, but you are not coming. Just so you know.

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

Why?

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

A) No minors.
B) You're really annoying.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 am UTC

How old are you Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel?

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 am UTC

I see you are 16. How will you be getting around?

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 am UTC

ooo i want to add a reason!!!
cause he wants you people to talk his mom into it and make up his excuses and shit, making it seem that he assumes you will be WANTING him to come enough to do this.
that was mean and unproductive, i'll leave now, i dun belong here anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:25 am UTC

Thank you Hatchet Man Jack. I didn't want to have to say it myself.

Why don't we all chip in and fly suffer-cait out? She seems pretty cool.
i'm fucking magic

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 am UTC

well jack was the one to give me permission to be an asshole.
and that would be great, it sounds like fun. i hear round trip flights are about $2000
unless you want to keep me, at which point the price is only $1000
why the hell does it cost so much?
i'm pretty sure here to europe is half the price.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:25 pm UTC

Yes, it is that expensive. It really really sucks. And yes, we are only paying to get you here. Then you are stuck here.

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:45 am UTC

sounds good. i'm sure i can hobo it up for atleast a month before i'm crying for my mommy's financial support.

Postby Flesh_Of_The_Fallen_Angel » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:11 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:A) No minors.
B) You're really annoying.

Ok, fair enough with the no minors rule.

And thank you for your honesty.

Gojoe wrote:I see you are 16. How will you be getting around?

I am going for my restricted licence in two weeks and already have my own car.

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:03 am UTC

suffer-cait wrote:sounds good. i'm sure i can hobo it up for atleast a month before i'm crying for my mommy's financial support.
You could live with me. It would be sweet. There's already 3 people living in the house I live in that aren't supposed to be there. Another one wouldn't hurt.
i'm fucking magic

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 am UTC

sounds good, i bet i could last longer that way, and my parents DID want me to got to school in new zealand.....
"mom, dad, i'm off to go live in a foreign country with some guy i met of the internet and his friends, bye!"

wizardy42

Postby wizardy42 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:37 am UTC

Last edited by wizardy42 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:37 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:54 am UTC

Every time he posts he goes back and deletes an old one.

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:12 am UTC

wizardy42 wrote:am i alowed to come if i'm 17?

please?

(um pollywog HOW exactly are you doing that thing with your postcount. i swear it was at 1999 last week...and then you go and post something today...)
First off, I love your avatar. Second off, when is your birthday, third off, will you tattle if we drink?

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 pm UTC

MY 400th POST (well, not including games/mafia/faid)

And I was looking for an interesting thread and could only find this one, because I really wanted to make it to 400 this morning :D. People from MI must be lame, no thread for us, and the upper-midwest thread is dead. Yet, I always see this one with new posts in it. If I ever go to New Zealand we need to do a New Zealand meetup because people in New Zealand seem (in general) like cool people. :D
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:24 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:sounds good, i bet i could last longer that way, and my parents DID want me to got to school in new zealand.....
"mom, dad, i'm off to go live in a foreign country with some guy i met of the internet and his friends, bye!"
It's worked before.

Sungura wrote:If I ever go to New Zealand we need to do a New Zealand meetup because people in New Zealand seem (in general) like cool people. :D
Thankyou. You're quite wrong.

wizardy42 wrote:am i alowed to come if i'm 17?

please?
If you start using your shift key. And where do you live, have you got a car, are you willing to do coke with us, etc.
i'm fucking magic

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:31 pm UTC

Sungura wrote:If I ever go to New Zealand we need to do a New Zealand meetup because people in New Zealand seem (in general) like cool people. :D
Thankyou. You're quite wrong.[/quote] What am I wrong about?
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq

pollywog

Postby pollywog » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am UTC

People in New Zealand being cool. Jack, Gojoe and I are about the upper limit, and 2 of us are actually absolute pricks.
i'm fucking magic

Gojoe

Postby Gojoe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 am UTC

Yes but apparently we have great mountains and stuff... Oh and if you come here, prostitution is legal.

wizardy42

Postby wizardy42 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 am UTC

Last edited by wizardy42 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:37 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

suffer-cait

Postby suffer-cait » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:08 am UTC

will you also chip into my plain ticket fund?

Sungura

Postby Sungura » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 pm UTC

Gojoe wrote:Yes but apparently we have great mountains and stuff... Oh and if you come here, prostitution is legal.

:shock:

/me retracts her prior statements

Now NZ scares me.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”