Arisia 2009 (Boston, MA)

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Arisia 2009 (Boston, MA)

Postby Sandry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:40 pm UTC

Anyone interested? I'm already registered, and I'm pretty sure some of you are also planning on going...

http://2009.arisia.org/ This is January 16-19, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge. Last year there was a panel on xkcd. I still haven't seen scheduling for this years', though. Except the anime/film room. Which uh. No comment on some of that.
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

Killy_mcgee

Re: Arisia 2009 (Boston, MA)

Postby Killy_mcgee » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:25 am UTC

Hmm, This has peaked my interests. Except for the Cosplay ball.
[insert random quote/ some stupid "bunny takes over world" thing.]
FUCK BUNNIES.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:05 pm UTC

I'll be there, the name on my badge will be the same as my username here.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 pm UTC

I'll be there. I'm not pre-registered, but it's nearby, so it would be a silly thing to skip. Getting to/from the hotel after the trains/busses stop could be tricky, but we'll see.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

leaf

Postby leaf » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:10 pm UTC

I will be there. I'm on like seven of the writing track panels. My badge name will, I think, be Vikki, and you can usually find me near Pixel, or a big redheaded guy with a beard, or both. If you come to the Sunday night Oh me yarm Worst Book EVER panel, you will for sure see me :)
Like I told my last wife, I said, "Honey, I never drive faster'n I can see, and besides... it's all in the reflexes." Jack Burton

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm UTC

Ooh. I'm looking over the schedule now, and Richard Stallman is on a few panels. Very exciting.

Also: Wow, so much going on.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:57 pm UTC

Unless you are planning to get there fairly early on Friday you may want to pre-register. They've sold out the last two years.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:07 pm UTC

Ah, thanks for the tip. As I was checking out, I was pleasantly surprised to see a nearly $60 credit on my paypal account, so that's convenient.

hendusoone

Postby hendusoone » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:51 am UTC

So here I am at Arisia. Sleeping in Sandry's room tonight, not sure where I'm sleeping tomorrow night yet, but probably at home. It's fun having no particular plans!

Anyway. Great con so far. Tomorrow's schedule looks even better! I can't believe the rest of you are skipping it... unless you happen to be reading this from the con, of course.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:13 am UTC

Image PIXLE!
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 am UTC

Sprocket wrote:Image PIXLE!

Das es me. :)

"Less bite, more wobble"

Return to “XKCD Meetups”