Lowell MA, nerd(s) wanted!

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

thanksbastards

Lowell MA, nerd(s) wanted!

Postby thanksbastards » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:13 am UTC

so yeah, no date in particular in mind. Just want to meet someone I can talk nerdy with. My partner is the artsy type, and it gets lonely. I have an apt in lowell, right by Umass Lowell, and a car, so meeting up should be plenty simple. Just looking to meet someone who is into circuit design, cars (specifically old ones or engine tuning, but i'm easy), mechanical coolness (see eccentric genius or steampunk for examples), trebuchets or some such nonesense. Maybe you have a pet project you want some new ideas on, I'd love to help! I am a tinkerer, granted I have never built anything too cool, but I try!

ok, thats all sounds a lot more like a personal ad then I meant it to, but I wanted to state my intentions clearly. Basically, if you create stuff, I want to meet you. The more the merrier!

Zygon4

Re: Lowell MA, nerd(s) wanted!

Postby Zygon4 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:02 am UTC

Hi,

I'm a nerd from Lowell, MA and a Umass Lowell computer science graduate monkey. My lady friend also studied the more subjective as well so it's harder to get my nerd on. I started my undergrad as a computer engineer but eventually slipped towards software. Thus, I enjoy circuitry but I haven't put a lot of time into it. Although, I do have at least one circuit project I'd like to try someday.. I'm less into cars but I do appreciate steampunky stuff - there's a good mass of Mass steampunks I need to seek out this summer - and sweet jesus I love a trebucet. Anyways, thanks for sayin' Hi. If you want to grab a brew and talk about dorky shit just shoot me a PM.

-Zygon

sparkyb

Postby sparkyb » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 am UTC

And of course, you both really aren't that far from Boston. If you check out the Cambervillain thread you'll see that there are quite a lot of us.

ADXCKGuy
Location: Boston, MA, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Sol system, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Postby ADXCKGuy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:38 pm UTC

A link is often helpful, sparks.

Pixel

Postby Pixel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 am UTC

the mass_steam LJ group has get togethers in the boston area often, should you be on LJ and like steampunk.
Some people have a genuine gift of poetry, a way with words that surpasses beauty and touches the deepest parts of one's soul... and some people, um, thingy.

"Less bite, more wobble"

thanksbastards

Postby thanksbastards » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:02 am UTC

I had one of those, i wonder if I still remember my password....

Return to “XKCD Meetups”