Upstate New York Meet-Up

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Pit

Upstate New York Meet-Up

Postby Pit » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:27 am UTC

I was wondering if anyway in the Rochester/Geneseo/Finger Lakes/Syracuse/Buffalo/Upstate NY region was interested in meeting up. I know there are a lot of xkcd readers up here. *looks out into the crowd* Especially in the Rochester area (I see all you RIT students!)

I know there's an anime convention in April I don't know if any of you guys are going, but we can all have a small get together...?
Link: Tora-Con 2009
Date: April 25, 2009

If we don't meet up for Tora-con, we could just have a get together to hang out and stuff.
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

waltwhitmanheadedbat

Re: Upstate New York Meet-Up

Postby waltwhitmanheadedbat » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:29 pm UTC

I'd say "I'd go if I'm in a better position economically by then", but I won't be. Plus, I'm not really an anime guy, so Tora-Con isn't so big of a draw.

I was going to propose a Buffalo meetup, but Rochester probably actually is a better location.

aspvip

Postby aspvip » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:50 pm UTC

Now that I think about it there probably are some RIT fellas who read xkcd.

I will be attending Tora-con, and if you will be there as well, the xkcd fans should at least meet.

Pit

Postby Pit » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 pm UTC

I know there are a lot of RIT guys who read it, and almost all the Geneseo Comp Sci majors (being like.. 40 XD) read it.

I wasn't going to use Tora-con as an exact time to meet, I'm just shooting around for some interest :]
The only thing better than bacon is more bacon on it, potentially sprinkled with bacon salt.

Xoco Mint / Pit

aspvip

Postby aspvip » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 am UTC

Well, be sure to let me know, when/if there is a meeting.

My course load is pretty light this quarter, and my computer has a flash overheat problem at the moment. So I'm about ready to take up any opportunity to find someone to chill with that shares a common interest.

(I'm writing this from my old laptop with a cracked screen.

qos

Postby qos » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:26 pm UTC

aspvip wrote:Well, be sure to let me know, when/if there is a meeting.

Ditto for me...
"We can come to look upon the deaths of our enemies with as much regret as we feel for those of our friends, namely, when we miss their existence as witnesses to our success." -Schopenhauer

wmueller88

Postby wmueller88 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm UTC

I vacation near Lowville, NY at the end of July each year - its a little far out but - SYR meetup in July 2011? :)

w

BirdMav

Postby BirdMav » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:56 am UTC

I'd be up for a meet-up in Rochester, I used to go to RIT and now I go to U of R. I live about 10 min away from both campuses. I'd be up for a meet-up anytime in the upstate region, mainly Rochester.
Bipolar : The maximum of this function you can't begin to comprehend as well as the minimum of this function you cannot begin to end.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”