Pittsburgh, PA and surrounding area...

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Miike

Pittsburgh, PA and surrounding area...

Postby Miike » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 am UTC

Another forumite and I will be moving to the area shortly and we're anxious to meet folks from the area. I figure, what better way to do that than to have a little get-together? We're up for just about anything, but seeing as we'll have JUST moved in and we really don't want to force anyone to host, so I was thinking we could try Rock Band at the AVA Lounge in North Oakland? I'm told they have it every Tuesday night from 10 PM until 2 AM, although I'm unable at this time to confirm this (grr). But if they don't run it anymore, there are a ton of alternatives - I'm just looking for people in the area who would be interested at this point. We'll get there August 1st, so pretty much anytime after that is good for us (until we pick up jobs, at least, so the sooner the better!)

kgirlfae

Re: Pittsburgh, PA and surrounding area...

Postby kgirlfae » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 am UTC

And HI I'm the other forumite. So you can address your questions to either of us, or both of us...

scooter

Postby scooter » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:43 pm UTC

Howdy....I'm in the Erie area (about 2 hours away). I'd be down to meet up, but it'd have to be on a weekend (playing rock band til 2am and having to drive 2 hours and work at 7am is a baaaaad idea). Spoom's here too - - at least, part of the time.

Spoom

Postby Spoom » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 pm UTC

Likely I will also be there. C'mon, Pittsburgh peoples!
All other things being equal, the simplest solution is ale.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 pm UTC

I live a 5-minute bike ride away from city center. Matt also lives here.
My current lease in South Oakland ends on the 31st, and I'm moving uptown on the 1st. I'll show you around the area if you're unfamiliar.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:36 am UTC

Seriously can't wait to meet all of you in person! (Denver has been a very quiet city for forumites as far as I've found)

We'll be living in Oakland, so we're fairly central, and both of us are really up for just about anything. Our whole goal in life is to explore any city we end up in to the fullest!

I've gotten PM's from some of you, but if you want more of my contact info feel free to ask. I'm also on facebook, username is the same as here.

Miike

Postby Miike » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:05 am UTC

Oh yep, good old Facebook. Mike255 on there, feel free. And definitely echoing the sentiments above!

So I'm thinking August 8th would be a good date to try for so we can work you Erie folks in - meet up around 1 or 2, explore/show us around a little bit of city, check the geohash for that day if it's close enough (unlikely, but still!), and back to our place after or for dinner? Any problems, speak up - we can probably accommodate you!

scooter

Postby scooter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 pm UTC

Alas, the 8th won't work for us. Spoom's leaving on Monday for a couple weeks back in Canada (immigration, USCIS, K-1 visa, blah blah blah) and I have a family reunion that day, starting around 1-2 :(

Miike

Postby Miike » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:22 pm UTC

Well that IS tragic. When will Spoom be back...?

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 pm UTC

So we're officially in town and wandering around and loving it! If anyone is interested in just getting together and hanging out you should let us know!

anarkavre

Postby anarkavre » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Hi new Pittsburgh people. I used to live in Pittsburgh for many years, I'm north just outside of it now. Hey, go to the Hofbräuhaus at the Southside Works. It's great. I had a half-liter stein of the Dunkel. You'd get wasted on two of them probably.

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 pm UTC

Is anyone planning on watching Pogopalooza Saturday? It's going to be at Schenley Plaza and Mike and I are both planning on going to watch...

Return to “XKCD Meetups”