MD/DE/PA Meetup?

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

scrovak

MD/DE/PA Meetup?

Postby scrovak » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:48 am UTC

For those xkcdians who live in or around the tri-state area. I was thinking of a get together at my place in Harford County, MD, within an hour's drive of Baltimore, Lancaster, Chester, Wilmington, or Galena. I have a new TV arriving today, a 46" 1080p LCD HDTV and it needs some breaking in, so how does a bad horror movie marathon sound? Or perhaps a zombie movie marathon? Or a single movie if you haven't much time? I am likely thinkin Dec or January, but most likely January. Let me know who all is available, and I'll pick a date if there's enough interest!

Hope to see you all there at some point!
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?
kapojinha wrote:You're amazing, which is why I'm going to marry you.

Angua wrote:coordinated baby attacks

joshz

Re: MD/DE/PA Meetup?

Postby joshz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 pm UTC

Maybe somewhere a tad more public than someone's house? Say, a park or something similar?

(Just because I don't actually know you or anyone else on the fora IRL.)
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:20 pm UTC

Hmm, that's true. Could probably do dinner at a nearby restaurant or something like that. Depending on the age of everyone coming, perhaps grab a few at a bar?
MrGee wrote:I would never eat a person. Have you seen the conditions they're raised in?

bmcgrail

Postby bmcgrail » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:27 pm UTC

Sounds like a plan to me.

Just out of curiosity, where in this large region is anyone from?

scrovak

Postby scrovak » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:01 am UTC

I'm from Harford Country, MD, specifically Aberdeen.

Storyteller

Postby Storyteller » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:23 am UTC

I'd be up for a public-type meeting, but someone's house sounds kinda no-go for me. I'm in the NW-Baltimore region.
'Bring_me_my_crackpipe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

simdude

Postby simdude » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:49 am UTC

I'm really glad I checked this because I too am from harford county (bel air) and have seen before that you have harford county under your avatar and always thought that was interesting. Though I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be around for before I go back to school in DE. Stlil it's neat to know about.

joshz

Postby joshz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:28 am UTC

Woo DE represent!
You, sir, name? wrote:If you have over 26 levels of nesting, you've got bigger problems ... than variable naming.
suffer-cait wrote:it might also be interesting to note here that i don't like 5 fingers. they feel too bulky.

Storyteller

Postby Storyteller » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm UTC

CHS Otaku Fest will be in MD in April. (via: http://otaku-fest.webs.com/ ) - I think this is public enough and might be in the interest of enough people here that it's a decent meet-up opportunity. What say you guys?
'Bring_me_my_crackpipe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

DanTan

Postby DanTan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 pm UTC

Not everyone who follows XKCD is an automatic otaku though. Not to mention, ever trying finding people in one of those? I'd vote something like... we appear on a school campus and pull an XKCD prank on the freshman :).

Return to “XKCD Meetups”