[US] Cambervillains (Boston Area)

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Re: Cambervillain Perpetual Meetup Thread

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:13 pm UTC

jskyhawk wrote:does anyone have computers on here? anyone want to have a LAN party at my house sometime in the next few weeks?

I have Sins of a Solar Empire that we can burn copies of share. or any other multiplayer LAN game for that matter.

MYTH II

Fuckin' A yes. I only wish I had a laptop PC instead of a full tower desktop. You got any extra monitors lying around? Although, Myth II *is* cross-platform so theoretically if I can get on the network with my powerbook I could get in a game... Hmmmm.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

jskyhawk

Postby jskyhawk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:54 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:
jskyhawk wrote:does anyone have computers on here? anyone want to have a LAN party at my house sometime in the next few weeks?

I have Sins of a Solar Empire that we can burn copies of share. or any other multiplayer LAN game for that matter.

MYTH II

Fuckin' A yes. I only wish I had a laptop PC instead of a full tower desktop. You got any extra monitors lying around? Although, Myth II *is* cross-platform so theoretically if I can get on the network with my powerbook I could get in a game... Hmmmm.

haven't played that one yet... hmmmmm edit: you do realize this game is going pretty ancient yes?

your powerbook should be able to network the same as any other afaik... i don't have an extra monitor, sorry. I know how you feel about the full tower, I am going to dread moving mine downstairs for this.
Last edited by jskyhawk on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams

jskyhawk

Postby jskyhawk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

hendusoone wrote:In that case, any time is good, Pixie.

Skyhawk - Sadly, I don't think a LAN party will work for me. My computer and monitor are quite large, and hauling them all the way from the north shore seems like a bad idea. I might stop by to hang out, anyway... I'll figure that out once it's closer/a date is set.

I have a few older laptops kicking around, I'll try to load some games on them and see how they do. I'm guessing they will perform rather weakly though.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
-Douglas Adams

spi

Postby spi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

LilPixie wrote:Not this weekend, next weekend. This weekend I've actually got a couple of things I've got to do. There's no date fixed yet... what works for you guys?

Hey, I'd be interested to the lan thing that's going on.

Enjoy the BBQing I am going to be in Puerto Rico going hiking with my brother. Yipee for a week of vacation. :)
"Pain is a wonderful emotion, scariest sea in a world of oceans" - Iris

Leesam

Postby Leesam » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:52 pm UTC

I'm headed into Somerville Theater for the Eels concert tonight. Anyone else?
A Trusted Friend in Science.

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:13 pm UTC

Leesam wrote:I'm headed into Somerville Theater for the Eels concert tonight. Anyone else?

Logic class. :/

And about this weekend, how does it sit with people to have the bbq on Sunday, a few hours before Cake Night?
"In the pursuit of knowledge, everyday something is acquired; in the pursuit of wisdom, everyday something is dropped." Lao Tzu

jtniehof

Random Kenmore lunch

Postby jtniehof » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:35 pm UTC

Since it appears that, in a weird geographic inversion, we're calling Boston a suburb of Camberville, anyone feel like lunch at Cornwall's on Thursday? On Beacon St. just east of the actual traffic pileup that is Kenmore, directly outside of the T stop. By then I'll either have my paper resubmitted or it'll be too late, so I'll stagger over from my office and get there, say, 12:15? Will have appropriate t-shirt.

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:36 pm UTC

LilPixie wrote:
Leesam wrote:I'm headed into Somerville Theater for the Eels concert tonight. Anyone else?

Logic class. :/

And about this weekend, how does it sit with people to have the bbq on Sunday, a few hours before Cake Night?

Badly for me. =(

Can't do Kenmore for lunch on a weekday.

Guys: Dr Katz at the Somerville Theater on Thursday, April 10. Anyone down? Get me money and I'll buy us a bunch of tickets.
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 pm UTC

LilPixie wrote:And about this weekend, how does it sit with people to have the bbq on Sunday, a few hours before Cake Night?

For me that would work fine. As would any time Saturday.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:02 am UTC

Saturday works just as well for me.
"In the pursuit of knowledge, everyday something is acquired; in the pursuit of wisdom, everyday something is dropped." Lao Tzu

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:03 am UTC

LilPixie wrote:Saturday works just as well for me.

Yes! That! :D
"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:25 am UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:
LilPixie wrote:Saturday works just as well for me.

Yes! That! :D

Ok, either way (and I would like to make it on Sat so we can include Nougat), at night there's live music (not the best, but it's... kinda nice?); the food is not terribly expensive (you'd have to eat more than my dad TWICE to pay $20+ (and this is saying a LOT), and the meat is delicious! (The two latter comments are regardless of the chosen time.)

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:44 am UTC

Yes, Saturday is good. Sunday, it turns out, would work less well for me, too. So Saturday's excellent.

Where and at what time are we talking about here?
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 am UTC

jskyhawk wrote:haven't played that one yet... hmmmmm edit: you do realize this game is going pretty ancient yes?

It was released the same year as Starcraft. Your dwarves can blow up innocent animals with molotov cocktails. Your giants literally kick the crap out of people. Your archers can set fire to the terrain. It is a truly epic game. And it has really good co-op.
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 am UTC

Saturday I have a b-day party in CT to go to that I planned to attend as of a month ago. o_o;;
I sorry. I would be able to be back for Sunday...
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

Ok, I usually have lunch at this place on Sundays (because I'm too lazy to cook then*) Those who would like to go Sunday are more than welcomed to come along.

For those who want to go on Saturday, how's 7pm?

Edited some grammar.
Last edited by LilPixie on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 pm UTC

7pm Saturday sounds lovely. Which place are we talking about, exactly? Was there a link posted earlier that I missed, or have you yet to reveal the secret location of the restaurant in question? :-)
---

(he/him/his)

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:42 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:7pm Saturday sounds lovely. Which place are we talking about, exactly? Was there a link posted earlier that I missed, or have you yet to reveal the secret location of the restaurant in question? :-)

I have not, i've been holding the secret of the flavorful meatz! The name is Sal & Brasa and it's in Everett. This was the best I could find about it in a quick search.
I wondered if there were only a few people, we could all jump into my car and we'd drive there.

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

There is a Bus, the 109, that thinks it can get me there. I am excited! Party for Pixie!
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:52 pm UTC

sophyturtle wrote:There is a Bus, the 109, that thinks it can get me there. I am excited! Party for Pixie!

Hey you! I knew I had forgotten something, i forgot to message you. Damn, sorry, school's back.
Yay for Turtle Woman in the parteh :)

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

Looks like there are quite a few buses between Wellington Station and this place, so no one should have any trouble getting there. (The 97, 104, 109, 110, and 112, namely, all go to Broadway and Everett Square, which is where you get off and walk just up the street to the restaurant.)
---

(he/him/his)

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:44 pm UTC

Don't forget Dr. Katz! Who wants to hand me $25 and have me buy tickets for them?

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:Don't forget Dr. Katz! Who wants to hand me $25 and have me buy tickets for them?

Aw, I wish I could go, but im going to Izzard's gig and that's busted my "entertainment" budget for this month. :/

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:19 pm UTC

I am in for Saturday food and will get myself there since I'm already on the Orange line.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 pm UTC

Okay, so about how many people plan to go to this place on Saturday evening? Would it behoove us to make some kind of reservations, if such a thing is possible?
---

(he/him/his)

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:00 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Okay, so about how many people plan to go to this place on Saturday evening? Would it behoove us to make some kind of reservations, if such a thing is possible?

I agree. I think i might go... :p

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:48 am UTC

I'm in for Saturday, too. Just need to know when and where.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:31 am UTC

7pm Sal e Brasa, to which Pixie posted a link up above. (Buses from Wellington Station seem the best bet.)

I am also coming, with Sophy and possibly Chase.
---

(he/him/his)

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:00 pm UTC

A friend of mine is coming as well, so 6, plus bakey.. is PicSar going? I'll call the place and make a reservation for 8? I think that's good enough, right?

Edit: And Hendu, I'll be leaving the house at around 6:15-20, and I'm going by car. If you want to get a ride, let me know.

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:05 pm UTC

I might come, Pixie. I'm feeling a little under the weather, and also not much of a carnivore. Is there any fish or shrimp o the menu? I might be able to cope with some chicken. I love the way bbq smells, but it's been too many years since I've really eaten beef or pork, I'm pretty sure it would do a number on my system.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:47 pm UTC

PictureSarah wrote:I might come, Pixie. I'm feeling a little under the weather, and also not much of a carnivore. Is there any fish or shrimp o the menu? I might be able to cope with some chicken. I love the way bbq smells, but it's been too many years since I've really eaten beef or pork, I'm pretty sure it would do a number on my system.

Aw, im sorry to hear!

Well, they do have bbq chicken, and chicken sausage. They also have salad, and i have seen fish there more than a few times. But because it is a buffet, there's no way i can guarantee they'll be serving it.

Also, i have made the reservation for 15 people just to be safe. See you at 7!
*if you don't have my number, you should msg me and get it, just in case.

Staples Guy
In Training

Postby Staples Guy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:17 am UTC

I am dreadfully sorry for not attending, as well as missing out on Cake Night.

I was stuck out in East Bridgewater, and alcohol prevented me from leaving.
XKCD has done nothing but heighten my fear of raptors.

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:50 am UTC

OKAY YOU GUYS, SERIOUSLY, DR KATZ? I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY DAMN TICKETS LEFT BECAUSE YOU ALL KEPT ME WAITING HERE!

ALSO: I'M STILL CELEBRATING TALK LIKE A T-REX DAY!

Spoiler:
IT'S TRUE, I TOTALLY AM! SEE!?

LilPixie

Postby LilPixie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

SAID IT BEFORE, WILL SAY IT AGAIN:
CAN'T MAKE IT!

miles01110

Postby miles01110 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:51 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:MYTH II

Did you ever play the WWII plugin? Funnest thing everrrr.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 pm UTC

In Bruges - Tomorrow night 7:30 Somerville Theatre.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:02 pm UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:OKAY YOU GUYS, SERIOUSLY, DR KATZ? I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY DAMN TICKETS LEFT BECAUSE YOU ALL KEPT ME WAITING HERE!

ALSO: I'M STILL CELEBRATING TALK LIKE A T-REX DAY!

Spoiler:
IT'S TRUE, I TOTALLY AM! SEE!?

When is dr. K again? You owe Sandry from TMBG. Pay for me and I'll pay Sandry back the $25 as I see her more often than you do.
Last edited by Sprocket on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:03 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:03 pm UTC

It's tomorrow, but not happening for Camberville. Looks like a small gaming night instead.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:06 pm UTC

I'm trying to wrap my head around this thread - but I can't figure much... we're going to sal e brassa on Sunday or Saturday, and it's a BBQ place...is that right?

Leesam

Postby Leesam » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

Weird/Dumb Question: Just how "known" on the fora does someone have to be in order to attend some of these get togethers? Basically, I work in Boston weekdays but don't know too many people to hang out with in the city. I'm going to be moving into Boston hopefully by the end of summer and I think it'd be pretty sweet to know more people in the area before then.
A Trusted Friend in Science.

Return to “XKCD Meetups”