[US] Cambervillains (Boston Area)

For discussion of group meetings in the meat-o-sphere.

Moderators: LE4dGOLEM, Moderators General, Prelates

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Re: Cambervillain Unstoppable Meetup Thread (Boston Area)

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:25 pm UTC

For the video project, I have three "yes" PMs and one "no" PM so far. I know there are more than four people who want to be involved, and I need your contact info if you want to be on the mailing list. I'm not going to clutter this thread up with it after we get started.

To those who've already PMed me, I'll send you my address tonight.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Princess Marzipan

Postby Princess Marzipan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 am UTC

"It's Saturday night. I've got no date, a two-liter of Shasta, and my all-Rush mixtape. Let's rock!"
"I am just about to be brilliant!"
General_Norris, on feminism, wrote:If you lose your six Pokémon, you lost.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:54 am UTC

If I get a job soon, hellz yes
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

sparkyb

Postby sparkyb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 am UTC

Nougatrocity wrote:Anyone up for a video game concert?

Is it only that one night? I'm out of town that week, otherwise I'd totally be there.

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 am UTC

Gorram overpriced tickets... also, that's on Black Friday. I'm not sure if I'll be back from Thanksgiving at my parents' house by concert time. So, I'm unfortunately out.
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

Killy_mcgee

Postby Killy_mcgee » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 pm UTC

Possibly. just maybe would I be able to do the concerto.
[insert random quote/ some stupid "bunny takes over world" thing.]
FUCK BUNNIES.

sparkyb

Postby sparkyb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:57 pm UTC

hendusoone wrote:Gorram overpriced tickets... also, that's on Black Friday. I'm not sure if I'll be back from Thanksgiving at my parents' house by concert time. So, I'm unfortunately out.

Wait, what? I don't think so. The concert is the 21st. Thanksgiving is the 27th.

hendusoone
Mr. Dreambeard butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts butts. Butts.

Postby hendusoone » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:59 pm UTC

Huh? It is? Crap, I can never remember if it's the 3rd or the 4th Thursday. So now all I have to do is justify that ticket price...
Jack Saladin wrote:Humanities salvation relies on us sending the Earth into a giant black hole.

ADXCKGuy
Location: Boston, MA, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Sol system, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Postby ADXCKGuy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 pm UTC

Yeah, would be awesome, I have seen and heard some great clips from concerts, but price is prohbitive.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

I require people tonight and/or tomorrow for my Dr. Horrible resume video to be therapy patients. All you have to do is sit there and look like you're talking to a therapist.

I also want people tomorrow during the day - I want somoene to stab someone else, you know camera far away, and someone to be stabbed.

I also want someone to hold some dynamite or a cheesy Loony toons style bomb ideally near a bridge. Something that will obvious not actually be vandelism. The other option is to find something that looks like actual art (anyone have anything with a rediculous picture frame around it that someone else can run around with pretending to have stollen it?)

I really want a scene that looks like a group therapy session so multiple people at once would be sweet.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

sparkyb

Postby sparkyb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

I have been waiting for it and it is finally here. A great weekend to propose a saturday geohashing meetup. Tomorrow's hash is in a suburban backyard only a short 10 minute drive from Blue Hills Reservation which has some good hiking and view of Boston and surrounding area. This is an near-ideal fall hash location while it is still relatively nice out. I propose meeting at the hash location at 2pm and then driving over to Blue Hills and hiking up Great Blue Hill for the view, and then getting food after. Details are on the wiki page.

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:07 pm UTC

I think I'll make a point of driving up to this one, if nothing's going on. I haven't been attending these regularly because I don't have the gas money to drive halfway across Massachusetts every week, but I've been meaning to head back up to the Blue Hills sometime before winter, and this seems like a good excuse as any.
Have you given up?

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:25 am UTC

Well it figures this would happen on the one Saturday that I'm working a full overtime shift.
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

sparkyb

Postby sparkyb » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:44 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:Well it figures this would happen on the one Saturday that I'm working a full overtime shift.

Noooooooo!!!!!!!

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:13 pm UTC

Sorry for the really late notice, but the Hive Mind has decided to host Cake Night again tomorrow. PM for directions (by tomorrow morning, because we'll be gone during most of the day).

One change to note: It's starting at 8pm rather than 7, and probably none of us will be there if you show up early.

Also, because we'll be gone during the day, non-cake food will consist of ordering pizza, or of other people making/bringing something.

And speaking of being gone for the day, this is what we're doing, which looks like a fun time if anyone else is interested (not sure that we have ride space available, though).
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

PictureSarah
Secretary of Penile Nomenclature

Postby PictureSarah » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

Next Saturday, at 2 PM, at the School of the Museum of Fine Art, I need people. In Halloween costumes. That are willing to hold still for a few seconds, while I take your picture with a big, clunky, old-fashioned camera.
"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:22 pm UTC

Unfortunately, I ended up putting together a costume to rent, rather than spending a much longer time looking myself for each piece. So I won't be in costume next weekend. I may show up anyway if you expect to have any need for help, or if I can think of an alternative costume thing to throw together for that day even though it won't be what I wear for Halloween (unless it specifically has to be the same thing we're doing for Halloween).
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

I don't think I'm going to have a costume by the 18th. I may not have a costume at all this year.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Noc

Postby Noc » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

Hiking was fun today, but I don't think I'll be up there for cake tomorrow night. I can only make so many trips up to Boston before the cost in gasoline starts being prohibitive.

I might be up next weekend, though. For Saturday, if a costume occurs to me in the meantime.
Have you given up?

ADXCKGuy
Location: Boston, MA, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Sol system, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Postby ADXCKGuy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:28 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:Sorry for the really late notice, but the Hive Mind has decided to host Cake Night again tomorrow. PM for directions (by tomorrow morning, because we'll be gone during most of the day).

One change to note: It's starting at 8pm rather than 7, and probably none of us will be there if you show up early.

Also, because we'll be gone during the day, non-cake food will consist of ordering pizza, or of other people making/bringing something.
Wait wait wait, I thought Sandry was doing it again this weekend because it is her birthday?
At 12:26:29 EDT Sunday September 28, 2008 Sandry wrote:Also, while cake nights continue to rove, I think I will sign up for one. Maybe the one on the weekend of October 11th/12th, if it's as yet unclaimed? It's my birthday, and I ought to have a party of some sort.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

In a PM a bit ago, Sandry wrote:I have to pass for sanity reasons, I think. I very much do not have the time before and after to clean and bake, as I don't have Monday off, and I just need to get things done this weekend.

Ergo, we're doing it.
---

(he/him/his)

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:37 pm UTC

ADXCKGuy wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:Sorry for the really late notice, but the Hive Mind has decided to host Cake Night again tomorrow. PM for directions (by tomorrow morning, because we'll be gone during most of the day).

Wait wait wait, I thought Sandry was doing it again this weekend because it is her birthday?
At 12:26:29 EDT Sunday September 28, 2008 Sandry wrote:Also, while cake nights continue to rove, I think I will sign up for one. Maybe the one on the weekend of October 11th/12th, if it's as yet unclaimed? It's my birthday, and I ought to have a party of some sort.

Sandry absolutely cannot deal right now. I already had a party yesterday which I was insufficiently prepared for, and I haven't been able to clean up from that yet, and I have a list of stuff from my shoulder to my knee that I need to be doing with no time to do it in. (So of course I'm checking the forums one last time... *headdesk*)

Believe me, no grudges here.
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

ADXCKGuy

Postby ADXCKGuy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:38 pm UTC

Ah. OK. You should at least come if you possibly can. Happy Birthday!

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 pm UTC

Okay, I'm off. If you haven't gotten directions from me, you're not gonna.

Will (I think) and helen aren't going to the ren faire, but then again they also may not be at their computers much, either.

See folks tonight.
---

(he/him/his)

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 pm UTC

HONK FEST PARADE starting in 1 HOUR from Davis Square going up Mass Ave to Harvard Square. Bands, bikes, stilts, crazy people galore, et cetera. Be there or contain exactly four right angles and sides of equal length.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:49 pm UTC

I've been making something worthless for the past three days. No the entirety of the past three days, aside from last night. So I have had no idea what's been going on at all. Oddly I've only every peripherally seen Honk. Maybe I put some clothes on and go wander. I think Skippy was doing the parade, or something like that.

Anyway, I had the right to sleep in today, and I took it.

So cake is at the Hive eh? I guess I can trek out for that. I miss those kids. Also we need to reschedule our cloth gathering tour. I really didn't expect this film project to take so much time.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

Skippy was in the parade! I took his picture.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

Three of us are here now, btw, which means people can come over whenever they feel like it.
---

(he/him/his)

ADXCKGuy

Postby ADXCKGuy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:30 am UTC

Bah! I left my bike helmet at the Hive. I was in a hurry and I thought it was in my backpack.

Yummy cake though.

Boxcar Aldous Huxley

Postby Boxcar Aldous Huxley » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 pm UTC

Wow, I had to scroll down an uncharacteristically long time to find this thread...
I will likely be checking out the Head of the Charles Regatta (http://www.hocr.org/) this Saturday, if anyone wants to join me. I'll be showing up around the Weeks bridge noonish, as that is when my alma mater will be participating, although I intend to stick around for most of the afternoon. Note the presence of parkland to cause general mayhem in, although I guess it will be crowded.
"I was thrown out of NYU my freshman year. I cheated on my Metaphysics final. I looked within the soul of the boy sitting next to me." -Woody Allen

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Immediately after which you will be heading to SMFA in a Halloween costume to have your picture taken. Right? RIGHT?

PictureSarah

Postby PictureSarah » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:34 pm UTC

Tomorrow, people. Costumes. If not costumes, portraits. SMFA at 2:00. PM me if you need directions. BE THERE.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
As the Arbiter of Everything, Everything Sucks

Postby (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:44 pm UTC

I'm really kind of sad that I can't make it. I have a great costume. Also I have to be in New Hampshire. :-(
Heyyy baby wanna kill all humans?

ADXCKGuy

Postby ADXCKGuy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:13 pm UTC

:-/ So, wait, are we Cakeless again here?

Noc

Postby Noc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 am UTC

There is an Iron Pour at MassArt on Friday Night. This involves the fairly spectacular application of molten iron to, well, all sorts of things. It's fun and educational, for that value of "educational" that involves seeing things burn and spark and crumble in a satisfying way. I'm not sure entirely how entertaining it's going to be; last time I went to one, I remember spending a lot of time standing around watching the students pour their homework and not nearly enough time watching things combust.

Oh, and it's free.

And it's scheduled to start at 7, though it might take them a little while to finish getting set up.

If anyone's interested.
Have you given up?

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

For those of you on the video project mailing list, I have only two RSVPs for Saturday's meeting. If you're coming, I really need to you to let me know, especially if you plan to be late. Right now I'm only expecting Cat, Sandry, and sm_usagi.

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 pm UTC

So what happened? People jump up and down to hold the first few non-Bakemaster cake nights back in August and September, and then nothing?

(There might be something arrangeable for this weekend at least. Stay tuned.)

But seriously: people have to host cake night for cake night to happen. Anyone who's already done it want to do it again in the coming weeks? Sophy? Sandry? Ethan? Bakemaster: have you and Sarah brought up Cake with your current roommates? (If you're even interested in hosting again at some point. I know you'd mentioned branching out into non-cake foods and leaving the cake to other people for awhile.)
---

(he/him/his)

sophyturtle
I'll go put my shirt back on for this kind of shock. No I won't. I'll get my purse.

Postby sophyturtle » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:33 pm UTC

Scarecrow and I are panning on coming to video planning tomorrow (part of me is hoping I can talk PicSarah into cutting my hair while we are there), but we will be a little late cause he has class.
As for cake, not this weekend but soon we promise.
I want to get to a place where I am neither conforming nor rebelling but simply being.

jtniehof

Postby jtniehof » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

Climbing, again, this time with a better weather forecast (around 50 all morning, partly cloudy, supposedly 0 chance of rain). This Saturday (25), Hammond Pond, pond area--that's the northeast corner of Hammond Pond Parkway and Rte 9, behind the mall. I'll be walking over from the Chestnut Hill T stop.
EDIT: 9am. How could I forget that? Probably be there until about 1.

Sandry
My cheese is pants?

Postby Sandry » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:So what happened? People jump up and down to hold the first few non-Bakemaster cake nights back in August and September, and then nothing?

(There might be something arrangeable for this weekend at least. Stay tuned.)

But seriously: people have to host cake night for cake night to happen. Anyone who's already done it want to do it again in the coming weeks? Sophy? Sandry? Ethan? Bakemaster: have you and Sarah brought up Cake with your current roommates? (If you're even interested in hosting again at some point. I know you'd mentioned branching out into non-cake foods and leaving the cake to other people for awhile.)

Dunno about other people, but what happened for me is that I've had steadily more commitments taking up other days of the week, and it means I just don't have free time to do stuff like shopping, let alone having tons of people over.

Also, I hate everyone, of course.
Noc wrote:There is an Iron Pour at MassArt on Friday Night. This involves the fairly spectacular application of molten iron to, well, all sorts of things. It's fun and educational, for that value of "educational" that involves seeing things burn and spark and crumble in a satisfying way. I'm not sure entirely how entertaining it's going to be; last time I went to one, I remember spending a lot of time standing around watching the students pour their homework and not nearly enough time watching things combust.

Oh, and it's free.

And it's scheduled to start at 7, though it might take them a little while to finish getting set up.

If anyone's interested.

This sounds really cool, but, predictably enough, I'm busy and can't do it. Argh.

I need to set aside some dedicated time soon to Hugs and Teddy Bears Night, which just involves not doing anything but cuddling teddy bears and getting hugs from people and not being stressed. *Sigh*
He does not spout ever more, new stupidities. He "diversifies his wrongness portfolio."
(My pronouns are She/Her/Hers)

Return to “XKCD Meetups”