TeX the World

For the discussion of math. Duh.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

TeX the World

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 am UTC

Once upon a time, the forums had math markup support with the [math] and [imath] tags. This is no longer the case, which is probably a good thing for more users than not, since it wasn't very well implemented and slowed down people's browsers, whether or not they had any interest in reading any of the math on a given page.

I now use the TeX the World plugin (for Firefox and Chrome) for all my markup needs.

Once it's running, it will convert anything between [; and ;] to LaTeX.

(I'd generally still prefer that you use the existing superscript and subscript tags when all you want to do is throw in an x2 or something, and use standard Unicode characters whenever possible for other things that work fine on a single line.)
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

Qaanol
The Cheshirest Catamount

Re: TeX the World

Postby Qaanol » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

Does TeX the World get messed up if someone leaves an open [; in one post and it doesn’t get closed until another post?
wee free kings

Nitrodon

Postby Nitrodon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:09 am UTC

There's one easy way to find out. ;]

gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 am UTC

Yeah, I checked that before. It doesn't mess anything up.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

beojan

Postby beojan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 am UTC

Is there a chance the math and imath tags could be re-enabled using MathJax (perhaps using this: https://github.com/sergio91pt/MathJax-phpBB-Integration).

Return to “Mathematics”