The Simple Collatz Representation Conjecture ?

For the discussion of math. Duh.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

Ddanndt

The Simple Collatz Representation Conjecture ?

Postby Ddanndt » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

I have just formulated a conjecture but I'm not sure whether it is already known and categorized. Please read it here and tell me what you think about it. http://www.scribd.com/doc/190387146/Collatz-Representation-Conjecture
God does not care about our mathematical difficulties — He integrates empirically.
—Albert Einstein

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Re: The Simple Collatz Representation Conjecture ?

Postby jestingrabbit » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:44 pm UTC

I strongly doubt that any of this is novel. If you want to check that for yourself, and have access to a decent university library, one of the volumes of the springer "lecture notes in mathematics" series is devoted to the collatz conjecture. I expect you can find what you're talking about in the first few dozen pages.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Ddanndt

Postby Ddanndt » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:09 pm UTC

The Dynamical System Generated by the 3n+1 Function ? I've checked it a while back and actually I saw a conjecture :

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (10.79 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

However I haven't seen any explicit mention of the polynomials. It would be cool if someone could recheck though cos most of the stuff in the notes are advanced and out of my league.
God does not care about our mathematical difficulties — He integrates empirically.
—Albert Einstein

Ddanndt

Postby Ddanndt » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:20 am UTC

I've also checked "Representing the integers with powers of 2 and 3" and there's a similar statement as the conjecture above but nothing like mine. I've also checked some other papers using keywords but nothing has popped up. Maybe that it's reworded differently in a more complex way which I highly doubt.
—Albert Einstein

Return to “Mathematics”