Lectures for my mp3 player

For the discussion of math. Duh.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

GoldenYears

Lectures for my mp3 player

Postby GoldenYears » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 pm UTC

So basicly I run a lot, which means many hours a week where im giving my brain an undeserved rest.

I am looking for lectures in mathematics (and other fields) that I can listen to while running. I'd rather have proper academic lectures than the TED-type ones if you know what i mean.

To give you an idea of my level; I am considering downloading the MIT lectures in linear algebra, because they seem good.

I'm posting this because I want to spare myself the trouble of having to listen to the wrong things.

ideas..!?

Velifer

Re: Lectures for my mp3 player

Postby Velifer » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 pm UTC

The local library probably has Feynman's lectures on CD (recorded during his classes). Entertaining.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies have nothing to lose but their chains -Marx

Torn Apart By Dingos

Postby Torn Apart By Dingos » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 pm UTC

I don't think that's possible or that such a thing exists. You can't listen to a lecture the same way you'd listen to an audiobook. You need time to reflect on the ideas, and also it's much easier if you can read the notation on a blackboard.

What I suggest instead is that you find a mathematical problem and think about how to solve it while running.

Cleverbeans

Postby Cleverbeans » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:40 pm UTC

The only hard part is choosing which ones to listen to.

http://academicearth.org/
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." - Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Mathematics”