Quick Burning Paper

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

p1t1o

Re: Quick Burning Paper

Postby p1t1o » Fri May 04, 2018 12:59 pm UTC

Ok fine, the warehouse has a 1megaton nuke under the floor, the tilt mechanism sets off the device.

Yes Im still including the tilt. For extra security ;)

Thesh wrote:...if you know the initial state and the forces acted on it, then it is completely predictable.

Sure, if you have this level of knowledge of an encryption process, of course you can crack it. Its analogous to saying "If you watch someone type in their password, you can figure out what their password is."

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Fri May 04, 2018 1:12 pm UTC

jewish_scientist wrote:Flash paper is the same things is gun cotton, which is disqualified in the OP as being too easy to accidentally set off.

Well, bang goes my thoughts of suggesting we use a fulminate-impregnated paper. Dropping that idea, then.

*bang*

…told you.

Can I interest you in this frozen block of FOOF instead?

pogrmman

Postby pogrmman » Fri May 04, 2018 2:24 pm UTC

jewish_scientist wrote:
Thesh wrote:Flash paper (nitrocellulose) burns cleanly without leaving behind traces of the text. I've seen it recommended for key storage that can be quickly destroyed if your door is busted down by government agents, to be used in combination with a hand cipher like Solitaire.

Flash paper is the same things is gun cotton, which is disqualified in the OP as being too easy to accidentally set off.

pogrmman wrote:If you really want to be secure, keep your special papers mixed in with papers of random stuff (say, a copy of war and peace).

War and Peace = random stuff
Classic internet XD

C4 is reasonably stable (it can’t be detonated accidentally). Just carve whatever you want to be private into a block of it, and set it up to detonate if somebody comes a-snoopin. In fact, I bet you could roll it out into sheets (thicker than paper) and print onto them...

I only mentioned war and peace because it’s a long book — which means more filler.

p1t1o

Postby p1t1o » Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm UTC

pogrmman wrote:
C4 is reasonably stable (it can’t be detonated accidentally). Just carve whatever you want to be private into a block of it, and set it up to detonate if somebody comes a-snoopin. In fact, I bet you could roll it out into sheets (thicker than paper) and print onto them...

I only mentioned war and peace because it’s a long book — which means more filler.

Sandor

Postby Sandor » Fri May 04, 2018 3:03 pm UTC

pogrmman wrote:C4 is reasonably stable (it can’t be detonated accidentally). Just carve whatever you want to be private into a block of it, and set it up to detonate if somebody comes a-snoopin.

Urm... you do know how the Munroe effect, the principle behind a shaped charge, was discovered, right?

Wikipedia wrote:The Munroe effect is named after Charles E. Munroe, who discovered it in 1888. As a civilian chemist working at the U.S. Naval Torpedo Station at Newport, Rhode Island, he noticed that when a block of explosive guncotton with the manufacturer's name stamped into it was detonated next to a metal plate, the lettering was cut into the plate.

You might just end up carving your message indelibly into the floor.

jewish_scientist

Postby jewish_scientist » Fri May 04, 2018 3:47 pm UTC

Soupspoon wrote:Can I interest you in this frozen block of FOOF instead?

I have never said no to that question.

pogrmman

Postby pogrmman » Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm UTC

Sandor wrote:
pogrmman wrote:C4 is reasonably stable (it can’t be detonated accidentally). Just carve whatever you want to be private into a block of it, and set it up to detonate if somebody comes a-snoopin.

Urm... you do know how the Munroe effect, the principle behind a shaped charge, was discovered, right?

Wikipedia wrote:The Munroe effect is named after Charles E. Munroe, who discovered it in 1888. As a civilian chemist working at the U.S. Naval Torpedo Station at Newport, Rhode Island, he noticed that when a block of explosive guncotton with the manufacturer's name stamped into it was detonated next to a metal plate, the lettering was cut into the plate.

You might just end up carving your message indelibly into the floor.

Oh, I do know about that. I just didn’t think about it... That would be pretty funny. Maybe the idea of making C4 sheets and printing on them normally is the better one.

Raidri

Postby Raidri » Tue May 08, 2018 10:57 am UTC

pogrmman wrote:...

Oh, I do know about that. I just didn’t think about it... That would be pretty funny. Maybe the idea of making C4 sheets and printing on them normally is the better one.

C4 or C-4 ? :D

Return to “Science”