Physics Version 2.1.2

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

icdfeddie

Re: Physics Version 2.1.2

Postby icdfeddie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

imatrendytotebag wrote:Note; to differentiate this from the previous comic, you might want to make the layout a little different. Maybe show it on a mac computer, or have the actual program running in the background (this gives you more opportunities for humor- ie you could have a little 'remove entropy' button etc.) or something else to give it a little pizazz.

I like, I like

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:49 am UTC

Fixed glitch in tension routines... perfectly rigid poles and inelastic wires should now be usable as intended.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

UmbralRaptor

Postby UmbralRaptor » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:26 am UTC

Revamped back-end of nuclear subroutines; they should be substantially simpler now. In addition, we've implemented several examples of materials in the "island of stability" for the player-base to test.

(not posted in the patch message: this also messes with the liquid drop approximation, resonance peaks, and changes magic numbers...)
Why do you assume that I exist?

Zeltrix

Postby Zeltrix » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

-Added ability to have any two contradictory theories battle to the death for deciding which is right (in the case of Relativity vs Quantum Mechanics low blows have been enabled due to inconclusive results last time).
-Perpetual motion generators available for a small fee.
-Heisenberg's uncertainty principal extended to include macroscopic items (looking at things now causes them to accelerate randomly, and measuring speed now makes things disappear).
Behold, the unimaginable power of pi

[imath]\pi[/imath]i

I am the pessimistic optimist: the glass is half full...
Spoiler:
...but I'm still going to die of dehydration in this freaking desert.

kevinbrown

Postby kevinbrown » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:01 am UTC

solving equations by adding new dimensions is now extended beyond string theory to include mechanics. (college freshmen rejoice).

Return to “Science”