More websites like this?

For the discussion of the sciences. Physics problems, chemistry equations, biology weirdness, it all goes here.

Moderators: gmalivuk, Moderators General, Prelates

slysaens

More websites like this?

Postby slysaens » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:13 pm UTC

http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~hooft101/theorist.html

I came across this website as recommended by someone else here. It's essentially an entire undergraduate physics course. While I'm still studying physics by attending lectures, it's nevertheless a really useful reference.

Are there any other websites that provide entire free undergraduate courses, specifically in the areas of mathematics, statistics, and chemistry?

Thanks.

Dopefish

Re: More websites like this?

Postby Dopefish » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:25 pm UTC

MIT has OCW which is awesome.

Searching directly Youtube can turn up various coures/lectures on material. Of particular note is stanford universities channel, which has some good stuff on modern physics and programming (as well as a few other things that aren't of interest to me). Theres plenty of much shorter and of potentially worse quality things on youtube as well which can be a bit discouraging, but theres good stuff to be found if you wade through it.

ETA: I should also point out there is a sticky full of science websites (including OCW) that is pretty much designed for your question. Although to be fair, a number of those sites are more references then full guide/courses to learn from scratch, but they're still worth going through to find what suits you.

slysaens

Postby slysaens » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:46 pm UTC

I noted the sticky, as well as MIT and Harvard's OpenCourse systems, but there is something nice about having an entire course downloaded via .pdf files.

ikrase

Postby ikrase » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:56 pm UTC

There are also the lecture video and audio on iTunes U.
[bibliography]XKVCBDOSLDMSD[/bibliography]

Radium

Postby Radium » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:47 pm UTC

Try looking up Academic Earth.
The main good sections are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics

Return to “Science”