New Phone

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

senectus

New Phone

Postby senectus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:15 pm UTC

It strikes me that the XKCD research and marketing dept seems to have missed a major market with their latest phone.

What they should have designed was a Micro-payment generating AR Fact checking phone.

In addition to the quaint novelty of making phone calls, texting and crowd sourced Michelin star food photo checking, it should also have auto hooks back into snopes to Fact Check reality and correct it when found to be incorrect with a AR update.

While doing that it can make auto micro updates to Wikipedia which is now a subscription service and therefore will pay the XKCD AR News Edition Phone owners for their newly recorded and reported facts.

Interestingly, the phone will be free but only because it only ever unlocks if it see's someone ELSES face....

It'd single highhandedly put all those fake news sources out of business in one generation!

ucim

Re: New Phone

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:09 pm UTC

senectus wrote:It'd single highhandedly put all those fake news sources out of business in one generation!
You mean... Breitbart wouldn't be selling their own versions?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:06 pm UTC

senectus wrote:It strikes me that the XKCD research and marketing dept seems to have missed a major market with their latest phone.

What they should have designed was a Micro-payment generating AR Fact checking phone.

In addition to the quaint novelty of making phone calls, texting and crowd sourced Michelin star food photo checking, it should also have auto hooks back into snopes to Fact Check reality and correct it when found to be incorrect with a AR update.

While doing that it can make auto micro updates to Wikipedia which is now a subscription service and therefore will pay the XKCD AR News Edition Phone owners for their newly recorded and reported facts.

Interestingly, the phone will be free but only because it only ever unlocks if it see's someone ELSES face....

It'd single highhandedly put all those fake news sources out of business in one generation!
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Quercus wrote:Agreed, but "constitutional fetishism" doesn't have that lovely alliteration between fetishism, first and fucking
rath358 wrote:I have been replaced D:

Flumble
Yes Man

Postby Flumble » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm UTC

But do you have the tattoo, Weeks?

Also thanks for leaving me thoroughly confused. Does this mean it's another edit-spam topic?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 pm UTC

With a posting gap that large.....
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:With a posting gap that large.....
Um please stop looking at my posting gap
Am I gregnant
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Quercus wrote:Agreed, but "constitutional fetishism" doesn't have that lovely alliteration between fetishism, first and fucking

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm UTC

2014 was a big year for senectus, 3 posts! :P

senectus

Postby senectus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:05 am UTC

I lurk :-P

Mutex

Postby Mutex » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 am UTC

I feel proud to have probably caused your post-count to increase by 16.7%.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:41 am UTC

senectus wrote:I lurk :-P
JUST

senectus

Postby senectus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 am UTC

I did.

I may again.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:12 am UTC

Flumble wrote:But do you have the tattoo, Weeks?
I love Pink and Warty
Am I gregnant

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:19 am UTC

who dis ?
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

somitomi

Postby somitomi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 am UTC

Carlington wrote:who dis ?

Dammit, I had that idea, but forgot to actually post it. I feel like that guy, who also invented the telephone but was beaten to the patent office by Bell.
they/them/theirs = he/him/his ❖ If you want to use something else out of dadaist spite, I won't mind.
✆ Hello? This is Forum Games Discord, what is your emergency?

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:26 am UTC

somitomi wrote:

Dammit, I had that idea, but forgot to actually post it. I feel like that guy, who also invented the telephone but was beaten to the patent office by Bell.

Should have phoned it in.

Weeks

Postby Weeks » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:23 pm UTC

I dont know we made brownies...and I think were dead

Time is going really really really really slow
Am I gregnant

flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?

Postby flicky1991 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:24 pm UTC

Anagram of... shidow OK that's not quite a word but it's better than nothing
any pronouns
----
Discord for Forum Games posters
(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)

Return to “General”