Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby addams » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:41 am UTC

somitomi wrote:.
I should really switch to electronic billing, shouldn't I?
That's a gamble.
Have we discussed the Digital Warfare and Digital Theft?

Digital Theft is pretty darn common.

Sometime it's small potatoes many, many times.
Like taxes, it adds up.

Sometimes it's damn Big heists.
And; No one can track the money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9UaLKbZQ0

Digital Warfare has me a little more freaked out.

...I was 'thinking' (not real hard...still) The Stock Market is run by A.I.
Companies move closer to the exchange to save money at the Speed of Light.

well...They say the U.S. economy is Booming.
...There is not much of any reason for it to be so Bullish.

The Russians were in the U.S. Executive Election.
The Russians choose Cheetos 1st Secretary of State.

Maria Butina's e-mails show the communication back and forth.
That's not the Point.

It's the Russian intrusion into the U.S. Power Grid that made my ears perk up.
Then late May early June 20019 the U.S. put malware in the Russian Power Grid.

With All the many, many computers and companies communicating with the Stock Market...
well...I just, kind'a, feel uneasy about it. If the Russians lose their inside Cheeto. umm...

It's just a Fleeting Thought;
What if the Stock Market digitally crashed while our crops are late (maybe never) due to bad weather, our relationships with our allies are weak, our neighbors both North and South are giving us the 'side eye' and we are teetering on another war.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/powerg ... /id/920530
Spoiler:
the U.S. recently ramped up its efforts and started launching more offensive activities that involve placing “potentially crippling malware [...] at a depth and with an aggressiveness that had never been tried before.”

According to The New York Times, these hacking operations area meant as a warning to Russian President Vladimir Putin and appear to show how the White House is using new authorities granted last year to the U.S. Cyber Command. There is no evidence that the planted malware was actually used to cause any disruption.
No! I don't have a citation!
It's a Fleeting Thought.

If they have been in our Power Grid for at least 3 years
Why can't they be in the Stock Market?

(sigh...) I'm sleepy.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
pogrmman
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 pm UTC
Location: Probably outside

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby pogrmman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 pm UTC

What. The. Hell.

So, my brother and I were just talking about this childhood rhyme that literally everyone knew as kids in elementary school. It went like this:
"Dr. Pepper went to town, Big Red shot him down, Mr. Sprite fixed him up, now you're drinking 7-UP" or something along those lines.

I'd thought this was just one of those kid things that was widespread, like the "super s" or "jingle bells, batman smells". So, I looked it up to try and remember exactly how it went, and it turns out that for most people it goes "Coca-Cola went to town, Diet Pepsi..." I literally couldn't find a single reference to the version that I grew up with. What. The. Hell.

For one, the alternate "Coca-Cola" version is super lame: Dr. Pepper and Big Red sound like old west people who actually would get in a shootout and Coca-Cola doesn't. I find it crazy bizarre that that other, objectively worse version is so widespread that I couldn't find a reference to the version we grew up with here. What's the point of it if it doesn't sound funny like an old west shootout! It's so weird to realize that this childhood thing that I thought everyone did was actually a weird bastardization of the general version. I guess this is how my Minnesotan friend felt when he realized that playing "duck, duck, grey duck" was not a normal thing.

I'm also kind of shocked that I can't find any references to the one I grew up with, anywhere on the internet. You'd think someone would've written something about it: it's not like it was just confined to the school my brother and I went to. Literally everyone else our age, from lots of different schools in different parts of the city did it that way. You'd go to swim meets and chess tournaments and stuff and hear people doing the rhyme all over. Yet I literally got zero results searching it on google.

What. The. Hell.

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby somitomi » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm UTC

Something changed with the latest Spotify update and now apparently only the artists you specifically follow show up there, artists whose album(s) or song(s) you saved don't. Seems to me I can't play every song I saved from a particular artist anymore and it's kind of stupid anyway.
Who do I have to pester about undoing this?
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord ◯‐◯―

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby addams » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:15 pm UTC

pogrmman wrote:What. The. Hell.

So, my brother and I were just talking about this childhood rhyme that literally everyone knew as kids in elementary school. It went like this:
"Dr. Pepper went to town, Big Red shot him down, Mr. Sprite fixed him up, now you're drinking 7-UP" or something along those lines.

I'd thought this was just one of those kid things that was widespread, like the "super s" or "jingle bells, batman smells". So, I looked it up to try and remember exactly how it went, and it turns out that for most people it goes "Coca-Cola went to town, Diet Pepsi..." I literally couldn't find a single reference to the version that I grew up with. What. The. Hell.

For one, the alternate "Coca-Cola" version is super lame: Dr. Pepper and Big Red sound like old west people who actually would get in a shootout and Coca-Cola doesn't. I find it crazy bizarre that that other, objectively worse version is so widespread that I couldn't find a reference to the version we grew up with here. What's the point of it if it doesn't sound funny like an old west shootout! It's so weird to realize that this childhood thing that I thought everyone did was actually a weird bastardization of the general version. I guess this is how my Minnesotan friend felt when he realized that playing "duck, duck, grey duck" was not a normal thing.

I'm also kind of shocked that I can't find any references to the one I grew up with, anywhere on the internet. You'd think someone would've written something about it: it's not like it was just confined to the school my brother and I went to. Literally everyone else our age, from lots of different schools in different parts of the city did it that way. You'd go to swim meets and chess tournaments and stuff and hear people doing the rhyme all over. Yet I literally got zero results searching it on google.

What. The. Hell.
It's up to You to Flood the Zone with the more interesting version.
I'll be looking forward to seeing it on @realcheeto.com. and trending on Twitter.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
flicky1991
Like in Cinderella?
Posts: 779
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:36 pm UTC
Location: London

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby flicky1991 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:40 pm UTC

somitomi wrote:Something changed with the latest Spotify update and now apparently only the artists you specifically follow show up there, artists whose album(s) or song(s) you saved don't. Seems to me I can't play every song I saved from a particular artist anymore and it's kind of stupid anyway.
Who do I have to pester about undoing this?
Ah, so it's not just me...

Anyway, go to your Songs, type the artist name in the search, add the relevant ones to queue. Not as convenient if you don't usually use the queue, but that's Spotify for you.
any pronouns
----
avatar from chridd
----
Forum Games Discord
(tell me if link doesn't work)

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby somitomi » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:19 pm UTC

flicky1991 wrote:
somitomi wrote:Something changed with the latest Spotify update and now apparently only the artists you specifically follow show up there, artists whose album(s) or song(s) you saved don't. Seems to me I can't play every song I saved from a particular artist anymore and it's kind of stupid anyway.
Who do I have to pester about undoing this?
Ah, so it's not just me...

Anyway, go to your Songs, type the artist name in the search, add the relevant ones to queue. Not as convenient if you don't usually use the queue, but that's Spotify for you.

Thanks. I don't know why they had to mess it up, this used to take three clicks.
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord ◯‐◯―

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2264
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Flumble » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 am UTC

The bots, they are evolving! At least all the accounts in the Dell topic don't look legitimate. But it's cute that they almost act like human beans and don't even change their messages 3 months later to spam ads. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Quizatzhaderac
Posts: 1824
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Space Florida

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:36 pm UTC

pogrmman wrote:"Dr. Pepper went to town, Big Red shot him down, Mr. Sprite fixed him up, now you're drinking 7-UP" or something along those lines.
Wouldn't it make more sense if Dr. Pepper "fixed him up"? What with being a doctor and all?

Also, what happened with you happens all the time with oral traditions, where regional variations get introduced and the first person who writes it down becomes privileged.
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5478
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Pfhorrest » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:46 pm UTC

Quizatzhaderac wrote:Also, what happened with you happens all the time with oral traditions, where regional variations get introduced and the first person who writes it down becomes privileged.

After https://xkcd.com/1202/ my girlfriend didn't get the joke, because at her school the rhyme had been "girls go to Mars to get more candy bars".
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby phlip » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:46 am UTC

Flumble wrote:
The bots, they are evolving! At least all the accounts in the Dell topic don't look legitimate. But it's cute that they almost act like human beans and don't even change their messages 3 months later to spam ads. :mrgreen:

What you don't see is there's been like 3 posts disapproved in that thread too... though those were more obviously bots.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
kriel
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere I'm not.
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby kriel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:45 am UTC

test post, please ignore

User avatar
addams
Posts: 10331
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:44 am UTC
Location: Oregon Coast: 97444

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby addams » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:55 am UTC

kriel wrote:test post, please ignore
Oops.
Can't ignore.

One test Post deserves another.
Image
Last edited by addams on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:58 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

User avatar
dzamie
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:12 pm UTC
Location: The land of crab cakes and Old Bay.

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby dzamie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:57 am UTC

Quizatzhaderac wrote:
pogrmman wrote:"Dr. Pepper went to town, Big Red shot him down, Mr. Sprite fixed him up, now you're drinking 7-UP" or something along those lines.
Wouldn't it make more sense if Dr. Pepper "fixed him up"? What with being a doctor and all?

Yeah, the version I learned was with "Concentration 64" type hand motions (i.e. lines said during the two-person up-down slaps, three claps on the /'s).
Coca-cola / went to town / Big Red / shot him down / Dr. Pepper / fixed him up / now we're drinking / 7-up
To me, it sounded like a story of a city boy visiting the wild west where he's promptly jumped by a bandit.

Speaking of childhood games with variations, did y'all's games of the card game President (or whatever you called it) start with a long discussion of which rules to play with (e.g. waterfall, singles -> pairs, 8-pair, interrupting joker)? And same thing with 4-square on the blacktop, any time someone new became King, it could take like a minute for them to list all the rules during their reign (cherry bomb, service, lemon drop).

Code: Select all

:Clrhome
:while 1
:Output(randInt(1,8),randInt(1,16),randInt(0,9))
:Output(randInt(1,8),randInt(1,16)," ")
:Output(randInt(1,8),randInt(1,16)," ")
:End

User avatar
el matematico
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:20 pm UTC

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby el matematico » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:02 pm UTC

Conservative have invited a neo nazi from Bolsonaro's Government to speak about family values and the dangers of the "gender ideology" in my city (in Ecuador). Sara Winter took inspiration on the British nazi Sarah Winter when creating her nickame, has an iron cross tatooed on her chest and has openly endorsed Brazilian nazi-supporting parties (from the actual nazi era). Her story is that she's an ex feminist that changed after having an abortion, but the feminist part is a lie. She just took Femen money and changed parties as the political left lost power and the conservative took over. She's going to speak at the school where I graduated and some other places. This is so stupid and messed up.
This is my blog (in Spanish). It's not perfect, but it's mine. http://falaci.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Isaac Hill
Systems Analyst????
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:35 pm UTC
Location: Middletown, RI

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Isaac Hill » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:01 pm UTC

pogrmman wrote:For one, the alternate "Coca-Cola" version is super lame: Dr. Pepper and Big Red sound like old west people who actually would get in a shootout and Coca-Cola doesn't. I find it crazy bizarre that that other, objectively worse version is so widespread that I couldn't find a reference to the version we grew up with here. What's the point of it if it doesn't sound funny like an old west shootout!

You'd probably like the song "Soda and Soap" by Masta Ace. The first verse uses brand names of sodas in the lyrics, though this requires homophones, like:
"Sometimes you gotta find a better place to be in
Maybe go to a mountain, do a little skiin'. "
The second verse does the same with brands of soap.

I couldn't find it on youtube, but maybe it's on whatever streaming service(s) you have.
Alleged "poems"
that don't follow a rhyme scheme
are not poetry

User avatar
New User
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 am UTC
Location: USA

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby New User » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 am UTC

I remember a few years ago I had surprisingly little luck with internet searches for rhymes recited while skipping rope.

User avatar
pogrmman
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 pm UTC
Location: Probably outside

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby pogrmman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:13 am UTC

dzamie wrote:And same thing with 4-square on the blacktop, any time someone new became King, it could take like a minute for them to list all the rules during their reign (cherry bomb, service, lemon drop).

We didn’t quite do that because most everyone used similar rules, but we did do the thing where they could add or remove one of the rules (though I rarely saw them be removed and new rules were always common ones we all knew).

User avatar
ThirdParty
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm UTC
Location: USA

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby ThirdParty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 am UTC

I've recently (I think it happened a couple months ago) fallen into an alternate universe, à la xkcd 1268. What changed is the manhole covers and other similar hatches in the streets and sidewalks. They used to have etched into them the name of the city I'm in and/or the name of the foundry that produced them. Now they have etched into them a label describing what's under the hatch.

It's absolutely fascinating. Of course many of them are mundane things like "WATER", "GAS", "ELECTRIC", or "STORM [sewer]". But some of them are specific suppliers like "AT&T" or specific consumers like "UNIVERSITY MAIN". And some are things that I wouldn't even have thought of, like "TRAFFIC SIGNAL [programming box]" or "[groundwater] MONITORING WELL". And, of course, when there are multiple hatches with the same label, you can use them to track the probable path of the underground pipe or cable. I'm getting a much better sense of what the subsurface layer of the city looks like than I ever had before.

I'm not sure how this happened. Maybe the city replaced all its hatches. (They've been doing a lot of sidewalk maintenance lately, so it's not impossible that many hatches got replaced.) Or maybe the labels were always there and I just never noticed. (Also not impossible; many of the hatches don't look brand-new.) Or, the parallel universe hypothesis; y'all don't eat anything weird like spiders or ducks or something, do you?

User avatar
poxic
Eloquently Prismatic
Posts: 4756
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:28 am UTC
Location: Left coast of Canada

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby poxic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 am UTC

spits out mouthful of mealworms

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

User avatar
Pfhorrest
Posts: 5478
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Pfhorrest » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:09 am UTC

ThirdParty wrote:y'all don't eat anything weird like spiders or ducks or something, do you?

Not me, but ducks are definitely a thing in several cuisines I'm aware of (including Chinese and the weird hifaleetin' kind of European cuisine they serve in gross hyperexpensive restaurants). Spiders are almost certainly eaten somewhere too, my money is on somewhere in the global south like Africa or South America.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

User avatar
pogrmman
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:53 pm UTC
Location: Probably outside

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby pogrmman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 am UTC

ThirdParty wrote:y'all don't eat anything weird like spiders or ducks or something, do you?

Duck is really delicious. It's far, far tastier than chicken or turkey. I just wish it weren't so expensive!

ThirdParty wrote:They used to have etched into them the name of the city I'm in and/or the name of the foundry that produced them. Now they have etched into them a label describing what's under the hatch.

I've seen a mix of both. It seems to depend on the location.

User avatar
ThirdParty
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm UTC
Location: USA

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby ThirdParty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:04 am UTC

So, right, ducks, yes. Well, that doesn't mean that there's been reality slippage. I'm vegetarian and almost never go out to restaurants, so I don't really have much opportunity to think about what animals people eat; I was just trying to pick something that sounded silly.

Though I guess there were a couple other weird things that happened around the same time as the manhole covers. One of my kitchen cabinets sprouted an extra shelf that I don't remember ever noticing or putting anything on before, even though it's practically at eye level in the cabinet that I open most often. Also, the timing of last month's moon landing anniversary seemed off. (I don't remember exactly when it was supposed to have happened--the moon landing itself was before I was born--but I vaguely remember that in my timeline there was argument about whether Kennedy's goal of putting a man on the moon "by the end of the decade" had been achieved or not, since the landing happened less than ten years after his speech but not by the end of the decade in which the speech was given. In your timeline the goal seems to have been achieved unambiguously. But maybe I've just muddled my history and am mixing it up with some other famous "by the end of the decade" promise. Is there another?)

No, on the whole, the best explanation is that my city just replaced a bunch of its hatches. They were definitely tearing up the sidewalk a lot this summer. And even if the hatches themselves look old the concrete around them looks new. Maybe hatches age really quickly when exposed to weather.

User avatar
Kewangji
Has Been Touched
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:20 pm UTC
Location: Lost in Translation
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Kewangji » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 am UTC

ThirdParty wrote:I've recently (I think it happened a couple months ago) fallen into an alternate universe, à la xkcd 1268. What changed is the manhole covers and other similar hatches in the streets and sidewalks. They used to have etched into them the name of the city I'm in and/or the name of the foundry that produced them. Now they have etched into them a label describing what's under the hatch.

I have a book called Networks of New York by Ingrid Burrington, which is uh, a field guide to interpreting manhole covers and such in New York. Maybe it would interest you?
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4896
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby HES » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:37 am UTC

Duck is the best.
ThirdParty wrote:I'm not sure how this happened. Maybe the city replaced all its hatches. (They've been doing a lot of sidewalk maintenance lately, so it's not impossible that many hatches got replaced.) Or maybe the labels were always there and I just never noticed. (Also not impossible; many of the hatches don't look brand-new.)

Gradual privatisation of utility supplies, plus a sprinkling of Baader Meinhof?

In any case, they make my job a helluva lot easier. The hoops we otherwise have to jump through to get an asset owner to tell you what's theirs, and where it is, just to end up with a low-res large-scale map with some lines roughly in the vicinity of where they run.

Never dig in London.
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread
Posts: 3928
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am UTC
Location: AL

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby Sungura » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 pm UTC

I ate a lot of duck in Spain. Just as cheap as chicken. Was amazing. Come back to US and bam. Duck is heckufexpensive. Notfair
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

User avatar
somitomi
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:21 pm UTC
Location: can be found in Hungary
Contact:

Re: Hifaleetin' thoughts

Postby somitomi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:57 pm UTC

Pfhorrest wrote:
ThirdParty wrote:y'all don't eat anything weird like spiders or ducks or something, do you?

Not me, but ducks are definitely a thing in several cuisines I'm aware of (including Chinese and the weird hifaleetin' kind of European cuisine they serve in gross hyperexpensive restaurants). Spiders are almost certainly eaten somewhere too, my money is on somewhere in the global south like Africa or South America.

I've eaten duck breast on multiple occasions, it's quite tasty actually. Goes well with fruit. I think it's like game in terms of unusualness, not ubiquitous, but commonly found on the menu of finer establishments.
ThirdParty wrote:No, on the whole, the best explanation is that my city just replaced a bunch of its hatches. They were definitely tearing up the sidewalk a lot this summer. And even if the hatches themselves look old the concrete around them looks new. Maybe hatches age really quickly when exposed to weather.

Exposed metal rusts or tarnishes surprisingly quickly when exposed to the elements. The screwdriver bit I dropped in the washing machine has surface rust after spending just one day half-submerged in water. If I'm not mistaken some steel and iron alloys form protective oxide layers like aluminium does. Rails for example are rusty practically by the time they're installed, but they tend to last somewhere between fifty and a hundred years.
Image
―◯‐◯ FG Discord ◯‐◯―


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests