Coming back after a long absense

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

zenten

Coming back after a long absense

Postby zenten » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

So, I left here years ago after being a jerk. I'm sorry about that, and hopefully my future actions here can make up for it. There was a bunch of stuff going on in my life, not the least of which was having a new baby to take care of, but those are just reasons, not justifications.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back. What'd I miss?

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Re: Coming back after a long absense

Postby Deva » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:06 pm UTC

Welcome back. Missed the beginning of Time, several Moderator Madnesses, threads best forgotten, the What-If subforum, slight moderator changes, and a more aggressive anti-spam filter.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:15 pm UTC

Man, that must have been quite an impression if after five years I still have negative things associated with that name.

And yes, I am still a douchebag.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

zenten

Postby zenten » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Man, that must have been quite an impression if after five years I still have negative things associated with that name.

And yes, I am still a douchebag.

I am sorry for calling you that. It was completely uncalled for.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 am UTC

At any rate, the only thing that actually matters that's different (outside of an metric asston of new posters) is Mod Madness. At (whenever the hell we feel like it [Belial or Hammer make the permission adjustments to the mods]) every year, we spend about a week wherein all of the mods ... well, started with us doing whatever, now it's mostly just wordfilters, giving out titles, and renaming threads.

As I said, lasts about a week and towards the end of it most things are damn near incomprehensible. Usually ends around April Fool's Day.

Example of what was typed and what it became. And that was with a couple days to go.

Outside of that... same as it ever was. New tribal lore, but that's natural and I couldn't begin to start giving you a primer. I mean, I'm pretty sure you completely missed the lifespan of the lol filter, which has permuted to this point as occasional utterances of "Oh god, the cheese, it burns" to signify laughter.

The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

They scare me. I have no idea what they're going to do now that it's over.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

We're going to keep rambling on while making f̶i̶l̶k̶s̶ songs and photo manips of all the frames. We've tied down those who want to leave in the basement and to quote ucim it "could be kinky".

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 am UTC

Welcome back, I guess. Even if I wasn't around when you left. That's probably the biggest change - a lot of the forum regulars have changed in the 4 years I've been here, so I'd be surprised if more than half of the people that were around when you last posted are still active.

SecondTalon wrote:Outside of that... same as it ever was. New tribal lore, but that's natural and I couldn't begin to start giving you a primer. I mean, I'm pretty sure you completely missed the lifespan of the lol filter, which has permuted to this point as occasional utterances of "Oh god, the cheese, it burns" to signify laughter.

There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about forum memes than SecondTalon.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:24 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:The Time Thread got started shortly before Mod Madness, so with that coupled with the .. weirdness of that thread, they started speaking their own damned language in there.

Don't worry, the worst we'll do is pelting people with M&M's.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

While singing about molpies and coffeesemencancerbabies, and twitching involuntarily every hour.
The Supreme Ethical Rule: Act so as to elicit the best in others and thereby in thyself.
- Felix Adler, professor, lecturer, and reformer (13 Aug 1851-1933)

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:20 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:I mean, I'm pretty sure you completely missed the lifespan of the lol filter, which has permuted to this point as occasional utterances of "Oh god, the cheese, it burns" to signify laughter.
I miss those. But at least we still have Oh me yarm. Dang, I love that, darn tootin'.

Which one was Golly Gosh Darn Gee Wiz again?

Return to “General”