Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

nodes

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby nodes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:42 pm UTC

Hiiiiiiii

Long-time comic reader, fairly short-time board reader but have quickly become enthralled. Never been a big poster in forums but you guys seem pretty awesome.

Ummm random facts:

I hate fog
I've been around for two decades now
I'm really cranky until I shower
I'm discovering that I enjoy science a lot more than I gave myself credit for in high school, and actually may go into some form of biology, despite being in a liberal arts program right now
I like pasta and fruit and chocolate a lot, not together and not necessarily in that order but I do love me some carbs

Okay one more: I hate writing a conclusion to anything. Forums posts, essays, songs, emails. Hate it. Apparently I don't ever know what to say, including right this very minute.

cerbie

Postby cerbie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 pm UTC

SummerGlauFan wrote:@Thesaurus: If that was directed at me, I apologize but I don't get the reference. If it wasn't, then nevermind ;)
I can't tell if it was directed at you, either, but it's clearly a reference to a recent guilty pleasure from Gainax, Gurren Lagann.
DSenette: (...) on the whole, even a trained killer cow is kind of stupid.

Klapios

Postby Klapios » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:16 pm UTC

Hello, my name is Alex, and I'm a 19 year old male living on maui. I am currently employed by the largest airline company that flies into the state of Hawaii.

I've only been lurking these forums for a few months but I've been a fan of xkcd for a long time although I can't seem to remember the first time I was turned on to it. I remember it took a couple of accidental visits before I finally remembered what the comic was called.

You guys probably wont see me post most much unless i have something that I feel is really relevant to the topic of discussion, I can get lost in these reply boxes for hours just slowly forming my opinion. This is already taking an obscene amount of time, but its okay cause I got nothing better to do right now.

A few things about myself:
I'm a college dropout already but I do intend to return to school before I'm 21
My hobbies include: Guitar, reading, DIY projects, cooking, inline hockey, bicycling, and listening to new and interesting music.
I love traveling and seeing new places, especially foreign countries, because I have live on Maui my whole life and there isn't a whole lot going on here and there isn't a whole lot that I haven't seen. Ive never been too interested in tropical environments even though I do enjoy that its basically summer all year round. I went to Europe on a class trip when I was 17 and I've been hooked to traveling ever since. I plan to go to Dublin Ireland in a week and a half for the first time.
I work for an airline company so I can fly for free to certain places, my company only takes me as far London as far this trip to Ireland is concerned.
As far as people, music, and movies and TV shows are concerned there are a few that I really love and enjoy: George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Chuck Palahniuk Henry Rollins, and inconsequentially Black Flag, Tool( I really can't get enough of this shit, I am so deeply enthralled by this band), Gladiator(I don't know why, but I have probably seen this film 50 times I absolutely love it), Futurama, and Law and Order.

Oh and finally my handle klapios, I don't know what its from but its unique to me and Ive been using it for over 7 years. If you ever knew anyone named klapios from a video game, or another forum that was me.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:22 pm UTC

nodes wrote:I'm discovering that I enjoy science a lot more than I gave myself credit for in high school, and actually may go into some form of biology, despite being in a liberal arts program right now

Biology is a liberal art ... seen from a math-physics-computer science perspective ;) .

I like pasta and fruit and chocolate a lot, not together and not necessarily in that order

Me too :)

Okay one more: I hate writing a conclusion to anything. Forums posts, essays, songs, emails. Hate it. Apparently I don't ever know what to say, including right this very minute.

Who needs conclusions anyway?
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Please donate to help these people

nodes

Postby nodes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 pm UTC

Monika wrote:
nodes wrote:I'm discovering that I enjoy science a lot more than I gave myself credit for in high school, and actually may go into some form of biology, despite being in a liberal arts program right now

Biology is a liberal art ... seen from a math-physics-computer science perspective ;) .

Hahaha, good that makes me feel normal again (considering I have always been the English, Music, Arts girl). Yet somehow all my friends are engineers?

Also, I need to modify my previous statement a bit. Fruit and chocolate together are SUBLIME!

FiendishThingie

Postby FiendishThingie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:53 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Sally, and I should have posted here earlier.

I like typefaces, The Strokes, fictional characters, grammar, lasagne, visiting London, free imitation PhotoShop programmes, fashion (á la Alexa and Agyness), a certain someone, writing stories, those big clear-framed nerd glasses, and Oxford commas (obviously).

I am currently finishing high school in Ireland, thinking about studying English and Sociology in college, and waiting for my mother to get home with a take-out.

I have a blog, which is here: http://baabaablogging.blogspot.com

And it's nice to meet you all.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:16 am UTC

nodes wrote:Also, I need to modify my previous statement a bit. Fruit and chocolate together are SUBLIME!

Absolutely! Do you own a chocolate fountain?

AVbd

Postby AVbd » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 pm UTC

I... er... I, er, um... hmm... I'm an eighteen year old male named Alexander from the, er, Australia, who apparently affects a stutter at the start of the occasional forum post. "G" day to you all. I was at university, but I unfortunately won't be qualifying for government support in paying for my education within this year, so I guess I'll be doing something other than university then; possibly "iversity", I'm not sure. I'm a writer, guitarist, singer, linguistics enthusiast, and GNU+Linux–using computer-nerd who lives somewhere that's a cross between a country town and a, erm, something else. Just imagine somewhere really awesome, with the occasional well-placed music store, lots of swing-sets... wee! Wee! ... well, that was a fun exercise, but nothing like where I live, so... GET OFF MY SWINGSET! MINE!

</me>

EDIT: Do I need a closing tag?
EDIT 2: These aren't really edits, by the way; my brain has just decided that "EDIT" is the forum analog of P.S. — weirdo.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 pm UTC

Hi Alex-uh-ander.

Which Linux distro are you using and which desktop environment?

Would the government support you need be for paying the university fees or for living? And are there no student loans?

AVbd

Postby AVbd » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 pm UTC

Monika wrote:Hi Alex-uh-ander.

Which Linux distro are you using and which desktop environment?

Would the government support you need be for paying the university fees or for living? And are there no student loans?

Archlinux with the KDE 4.2. There are student loans, but I may or may not have failed six units in a row, which renders me unable to qualify for such loans.

Van

Postby Van » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 pm UTC

Long time (comic) reader, second time poster. I'm actually completely blown away by the lack of, I don't know, typical internet behavior (read: stupid) here.

Er, getting back on track. I'm 23, and I live in Denver. Unless I get Ebola or something similarly unlikely, I'll finally be starting college this fall. My greatest interests are reading, discussion, and coming up with nifty ideas, usually fueled by my hyperactive imagination. I have an inverse fear of height; I start sweating on a step stool, but bridges or tall buildings don't bother me at all. Used to be fairly into addicted to gaming, but after beating my pre-midlife-crisis, I really haven't touched anything beyond gmod.

I'm currently employed at a grocery store, and am planning on making sure that any children I have work retail for at least 6 months, because I can't think of a better motivation to get a good education.

I love cherries.

I'm a transsexual.

I'm highly annoyed that after 17 years of wearing glasses, the pair I got just over a month ago has the dubious honor of getting the first crack I've ever had. From a two foot fall off my toilet seat.
Last edited by Van on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

laserbeen

Postby laserbeen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:50 am UTC

Van wrote:I'm highly annoyed that after 17 years of wearing glasses, the pair I got just over a month ago has the dubious honor of getting the first crack I've ever had. From a two foot fall off my toilet seat.

Welcome.

I'm not sure I want to know why they were sitting on your toilet seat...
Goodbye.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:13 am UTC

Van wrote:Long time (comic) reader, second time poster. I'm actually completely blown away by the lack of, I don't know, typical internet behavior (read: stupid) here.

Er, getting back on track. I'm 23, and I live in Denver. Unless I get Ebola or something similarly unlikely, I'll finally be starting college this fall. My greatest interests are reading, discussion, and coming up with nifty ideas, usually fueled by my hyperactive imagination. I have an inverse fear of height; I start sweating on a step stool, but bridges or tall buildings don't bother me at all.

Seems logical to me. Much more likely to fall of a step stool or ladder than off a bridge or high building.

Used to be fairly into addicted to gaming, but after beating my pre-midlife-crisis, I really haven't touched anything beyond gmod.

I'm currently employed at a grocery store, and am planning on making sure that any children I have work retail for at least 6 months, because I can't think of a better motivation to get a good education.

I love cherries.

I'm a pre-everything (unless you count laser..) M2F transsexual.

What are you going to study?

I'm highly annoyed that after 17 years of wearing glasses, the pair I got just over a month ago has the dubious honor of getting the first crack I've ever had. From a two foot fall off my toilet seat.

Glasses always get damaged at the most unexpected times, it seems.

Van

Postby Van » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:36 am UTC

laserbeen wrote:I'm not sure I want to know why they were sitting on your toilet seat...

Well, there's the obvious "I was hot and wet, and.." which would be true, but. My bathroom is tiny and has no unused flat surfaces above the toilet seat, so the (fully closed) seat is where they rest when I shower.

Monika wrote:What are you going to study?

At this point, probably just a generic, boring CS major. The thought of coding for the rest of my life isn't horribly exciting, though. There's always room for a bit o' refinement once I hit college, especially since I'll be doing AS -> transfer.

Speaking of glasses, I'd had the last pair for.. probably close to 10 years, and they were still almost completely undamaged. Like, two small scratches, but otherwise indestructible. Well, up until one of my coworkers thought it would be hilarious to throw a box of 24 dozen eggs at my head and bent the frames pretty badly, anyway.
Oregonaut wrote:You are a fucking idiot. (Insult.)
You say that you disapprove of sex before marriage, but you are fucking that idiot. (Ad hominem.)
You say that you disapprove of sex outside of marriage, but you are fucking your mom. (Ad mominem.)

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:32 pm UTC

He through 288 eggs at your head :shock:

Coding rulez, but you can always become a consultant with a CS degree.

Amenyx

Postby Amenyx » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:41 am UTC

Hey, new here. I actually found this forum by looking up "best internet insults" and a thread here was one of the results, and then I lurked a bit and this places looks fuckin cool. Glad to have me here!

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:22 pm UTC

Creepy dog is creepy.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Tomo

Postby Tomo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:24 pm UTC

I'm [changing this actualy because real life]. I've lurked on this forum for I dunno, a few years at least but I have enough free time at work to be able to post now ("Compiling!")

Interests are mainly computer gaming, playing sports and debating. Guess that's pretty much the important stuff!
Last edited by Tomo on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:18 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Pick a number between 1 and 10."
"0.9999...?"

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:48 pm UTC

Im Brooklynxman (irl name Gerard)
Brooklyn born and raised.
I love video games, guns, violence, jet fighters, fast cars, COMPUTER SCIENCE W00T, my sense of humor, my girlfriend Tiffany (to the point that we are still together despite a 1000 mile gap between us) THE INTERNET, typing in all caps to highlight inportant things

I hate grammer nazis (failed last semester due to one, the other professor in the *full* class gave 3 essays and handed out A's), Brangalina-ness, and stuff

I got to Polytechnic University and am typing this from there (though dont dorm)

ummmm...Ive been to Hawaii 3 times 3 islands loved them all in different yet complete ways

and I just posted this on facebook and am lazily c&p'ing (literally 5 min ago)
. I <3 All the shows from when I was a kidm, all the new ones are crap.
2. I sometimes get caught up in programming and program for way too long
3. My music library is the definition of chaos, and I love every bit of it.
4. Im terrified of life, if only because my outstanding successes thus far are far outweighed by the sheer number and collosal size of my failures
5. My IQ is 136.
6. I like to brag about my IQ
7. I feel no shame at times
8. The internet was made specifically for me (born in 89 >.>)
9. I really wish I hah the oppertunity to live in a video game for awhile.
10. My myspace is a mess, it scares me how much so.
11. I am teh awesome
12. Sometimes
13. I enjoy folding my own paper airplane designs and testing them
14. I HATE grammer nazis
15. I love math. seriously
16. I also love star wars and can quote about a quarter of the original trilogy
17 My fav chars to vote are Darth Vader, Obi Wan, and The Emporer, all other characters i hardly ever quote except in dialogue
18. I need my own website
19. I have a freckle on the palm of my hand (find someone else who can say that)
20. I am half considering (on an idea from someone else) programming an inspirational poster program so all you have to do is input the image and the text, wow thats lazy....sort of
21. I <3 Tiff
22. I attack you in Kamchatka from SPACE B!7C|-|
23. Due to my easy cell, I get a LOT of wrong numbers (got one while typing this list in fact)
24. I like exploring new places of my own free will and if theyre cool/awesome
25. Not TOO much of a strech to make 25, even though this is my 25th
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

Marz

Postby Marz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:48 pm UTC

Brooklynxman wrote:5. My IQ is 136.
6. I like to brag about my IQ

You realize one's IQ is basically meaningless, right?

Brooklynxman
Because I'm Awesome

Postby Brooklynxman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm UTC

Yep, but its one thing I can say I am definetly good at....test taking....

:)

sides, on this forum Im the equivelant of the town idiot (geniuses...hmph)
We figure out what all this means, then do something large and violent

The thing about changing the world...once you do it the world's all different.

I'm Angel. I beat the bad guys.

Spoiler:

metagross111

Postby metagross111 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:48 pm UTC

hey all, i guess i'm new here....

i check xkcd frequently for the latest update, it's easily my favourite webcomic.

though I'm sort of intimidated about how much more knowledge you guys have than myself o_O

logoseph

Postby logoseph » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm UTC

I'm a 17 year old male from Texas whose greatest wish is to fix the reputation of his state that a certain individual royally screwed up. Not all of us are insane/ignorant, just an unfortunate majority. From my name and sig, you already know I value reason and consider myself a rational person, which has led me to be an atheist, which goes over a little better than you might think it would in Texas, but not by much. I have the sweetest Labrador I've ever been lucky enough to meet, and the third most evil cat I've had the displeasure to encounter. To prepare for college apps, my college counselor asked for a list of books I've read since freshman year (I'm a junior) and going only off what Amazon has records of and not what I've bought at Borders, I so far have 193 listed. I found xkcd a while ago, but only learned of the intro thread today, thus-this.

nodes

Postby nodes » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:10 pm UTC

Monika wrote:
nodes wrote:Also, I need to modify my previous statement a bit. Fruit and chocolate together are SUBLIME!

I DO, actually! I only used it once and now it's sitting in my parents house in a closet, which is kind of tragic.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:55 am UTC

nodes wrote:
Monika wrote:

I DO, actually! I only used it once and now it's sitting in my parents house in a closet, which is kind of tragic.

I have used mine also only twice, but it's in my closet - we need them to come out of the closet and be used more often :D . Fruit and chocolate belong together!

And welcome logoseph!

Joshlyn

Postby Joshlyn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 am UTC

Hi guys :D

I'm Joshlyn, nice to meet you all. I've been reading the comic for ages and I think it's absolutely hilarious! :)
I don't have much to tell about myself. Well, I do like comics and I'm also fan of Babylon 5 and I think I'm bit of a geek. I like to go shopping, I just bought this awesome white shirt and I was like almost getting a yellow shirt but my friend said it didn't really fit my style.

Glad to meet you all, I want to play some games now :D
One tough cookie! :P

bittyx

Postby bittyx » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 pm UTC

Huitzilopochtli wrote:Well, that deserves several cookies. A cake even!
Now, please assume the party escort submission position and a party escort associate will be with you shortly to transport you to the cake-eating area.

As for our borders, there are Slovenia and Hungary to the north, Serbia to the northeast, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the east, and Montenegro to the far southeast. Our Southern and western flanks border the Adriatic Sea, and it also shares a sea border with Italy in the Gulf of Trieste.

Pozdrav, komšija! :D

Hey, can I get a cookie for knowing *exactly* where you live, and being able to enumerate the neighbouring countries? Or would that be considered cheating? :mrgreen:

Gregu

Postby Gregu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:53 pm UTC

So, after several months of lurking here, after reading all the comics twice and even posting once, time to introduce myself :)

The name's Greg (for all you non-Polish speaking folks - I'll spare you the real one :D), I come from Warsaw, Poland. I am 29, working as a consultant for a large IT consultancy firm.

As suggested in the opening post, some of my personal favorites:

The other favorites are too old to remember them, although I've posted the flowchart one (http://xkcd.com/518/) on the wall at the office :) Some other comics are a bit too hard to get (I'm not a physics major, merely an economics one (sic! social sciences!)), but thanks to all you freaks (in the best meaning of the word) posting to the forums, I've been able to laugh along :)

So, good day to you all and I'll see you around the innertubes ;)

PS. I gave up on trying to explain even the simplest of comics to my wife... I suspect this is a common phenomenon, although I've seen some female geeklings here ;)
No sig... Ideas welcome...

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:58 pm UTC

I don't try to explain the comics to my husband, either ;) .

Can I have a guess at your name? Grzegorz maybe?

Gregu

Postby Gregu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:13 pm UTC

Yup, "Grzegorz" is the real one :) Although a friendly request to all those, who do not know how to pronounce it - don't try. I won't be liable for permanent damage to your tongue, vocal chords or for you being put in a mental institution ;)

Monika, you seem to be one of the female geeklings I've mentioned ;)
No sig... Ideas welcome...

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm UTC

czech... (spelling? trying to say hi, which I learned once and can say out loud but not spell. Being a Brit, you pick up a few Polish words...)

Then again, I tried saying that once, got it wrong and said "father in law".

Hi, welcome to the fora.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Telchar
That's Admiral 'The Hulk' Ackbar, to you sir

Postby Telchar » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:10 pm UTC

Hey.

I'm Dan. I work as Loan Support for Wells Fargo.

I live in Billings, Montana.

I enjoy hiking, reading, skydiving, and herping.

I'm currently going to school. Goal is a Cog Sci PhD
Zamfir wrote:Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone is all about presumption of innocence in rape threads. But when Mexican drug lords build APCs to carry their henchmen around, we immediately jump to criminal conclusions without hard evidence.

TheCitadel

Postby TheCitadel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:06 pm UTC

Hi you! I posted a lot already and didn't introduce myself, 'cause I'm just plain rude, ok? :) Mmm... I'm 18 years old, female... I like to read. A lot. I like archery, science, maths, music... And I enjoy chatting with anyone who doesn't think astrobiology is a joke (I'm just talking out of previous experience), or who lives somewhere cool. That's all for now. Now my conscience is clear.
Last edited by TheCitadel on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:46 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Fight apathy, or don't.

MATPHAT

Postby MATPHAT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 am UTC

AHOY!

Name's Matt, you can call me Mat.
I'm 37, a MAN baby, yeaahhh, and I live in Boulder, CO.
I'm do server and floor support for the Daily Camera Newspaper which is our local paper.
I Mt. Bike.
I illustrate.
I'm an MMO junkie.
Snowboard.
I vote for the guy with one house.
I <3 Millie, my Chemist girlfriend.
That is all for now.

chemistkevin

Postby chemistkevin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 am UTC

Hello fora!

I'm a 24 year old chemist working for a certain government institution based in Atlanta, GA.
I really enjoy reading the comics, they make my mornings infinitely better than i'd be just having to browse the rest of the net.
I do have to say i'm addicted to the fora more, and I hope i'll have things to contribute, eventually.

I feel old reading about the age of most of the posters in this thread.

I enjoy most music, books written by neal stephenson or neil gaiman (and tons others),
S.C.U.B.A. when the weather is nice (aka not freezing), and watching horrible b-movies.
The worse they are, the more I love watching them.

Also WoW is addictive.

That about sums me up.

Mr. Burke

Postby Mr. Burke » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Christian (but not Burke), 23 years old, German, studying math for reasons beyond my understanding :wink:. Signed up after http://xkcd.com/539/ totally creeped me out.

Srsly, Randall, don't do that ...

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:32 pm UTC

Maybe you should have written "My name is Christian" ;)

StealthAstroturfer

Postby StealthAstroturfer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:16 pm UTC

Hello!

I am Rob, from the south of the UK, Brighton. I enjoy all of the usual old crap such as books and films. I don't have any emotional problems to speak of: this has apparently harmed my woman-hunting mad skills, according to a friend. I reckon it's actually because I'm really rather dull. I found this comic because of the ass-car, posted on some forum from ages past, and it made me laugh. I never looked at the forums for a while. Then I did and thought they looked pretty neat. All of the comics are relevant to my interests, but if I had to choose a favourite, I would go for "sudo make me a sandwich", only because I've made jokes like that to my girlfriend in the past (three years and still not dumped!). I like the sappy comics posted here, too, even when they register highly on the possibilitron-of-vomit scale. I get all righteous and indignant and rude really fucking often, but only when it's justified.

I work as a sailor, which no one ever believes, so I keep that quiet most of the time. It also means I have no social life for four months at a time. My first voyage was spent sans computer device. Next time I took a laptop. Next time I installed Debian. Then a while later I made a bash script to randomly compliment my girlfriend, who's always accusing me of having robotic emotions. Then the last time I tried to learn Python, and made an interactive fiction thingy, complete with its own faggy mark-up script so my lady could make stories for me, too. Then I made a script to do all of the calculations I'm supposed to do by hand. Of course there are billions of other programmes made for just that purpose: but mine showed all of the workings, so I could copy them down in case I ever sail with superiors who demand to see workings. And of course I give it to all of the trainee officers, whose superiors really do demand to see workings.

So yes. Hello. I thought I'd come along to chew the fat once in a while.

Arc

Postby Arc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:16 am UTC

StealthAstroturfer wrote:I thought I'd come along to chew the fat once in a while.

I have never seen that phrase before, with the sole exception of The Catcher in the Rye, and I figured it went out of use after the fifties, but not everywhere, I suppose. Idioms are the strangest things.

StealthAstroturfer

Postby StealthAstroturfer » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 am UTC

There's a TV show called Chew the Fat up in Scotland. Man those Scots must be crazy phonies or something using old words like that. Perhaps they're not too hot on modern times. But then goddammit that means neither am I. That's just awful. Awful. Makes a guy feel blue. I always end up talking gallons too much anyhow. Then you end up talking off a ton and you actually end up not speaking to nobody. I like it that way. It's almost like with every word you speak takes you one step further away. Goddamn I hate talking to anybody these days. It's just about all you can do to keep goddamn stationary. I mean most people are just dumb as hell and never end up listening to you anyway. They're all a bunch of phonies, but they know that. Hell I can join them when I want because I'm a terrific liar. But with all those lies upon lies man it's a wonder anybody has any clue what the hell the truth was to begin with. It just goes on and on and really makes me feel blue as hell...

Return to “General”