Occupation: Hardware Test Engineer
Currently working at Xbox. (My job ROCKS!)
Age: Just turned 49 ... and get to play games for a living!!!! HA!
Gamertag/alias in other places: wrp9
(I'm the 9th William in my lineage. R - middle initial, P - last name initial)
(Yes, my oldest son is the 10th.)
Widowed after 10 years of marriage ... cancer ... wonderful gal.
Divorced after 10 years of hell (I mean marriage) ... those stories that include a wicked step mother ... they have a basis in reality.
My grand advice to guys: Buy flowers for your gal
* When I buried my 1st wife I realized there were more flowers at her funeral than I had given her while she was alive.
* During the spring and summer you can pick up flowers at the local (US) grocery store for less than a combo meal at your favorite fast food place.
* Why? Well, she puts up with YOU for one thing. Also, to let her know that she is important to you.
* When? Sometimes I would be at work and things were stressful. I would think about my wife ... and for that moment, my day got better. If that happens to you, bring home flowers and say "I thought of you today, and my day got better."
(multiplayer) COD4, Enemy Territory)
(singleplayer) Portal (you just got to love that song at the end.)
Fav xkcd: http://www.xkcd.com/55/
Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. I just can't seem to figure out love.
* A 10% cut in pay is far better than a 100% cut in pay.
(I'm happy to be employed. Some of my friends have are facing layoffs.)
* Becoming grateful has made my life easier and much more joyous.
* "Normal" people (non-techies) do not think the same way we (techies) think; our brains work differently. (btw - Someone needs to invent communications translator.)
Closing thought: (I heard or read this somewhere, so it is not original)
I know the voices aren't real, but sometimes they have some really good ideas.