Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

orismology

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby orismology » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm UTC

suffer-cait wrote:so why did you say it?

I get a bit silly after midnight... :|

Sosekopp

Postby Sosekopp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 pm UTC

Sosekopp wrote:Hi! I'm a Norwegian 16 year old male. Geek. Skeptic. Alarmingly interested in politics. Plays bass, guitar and piano. Discordian (HAIL ERIS!). Favorite bands right now are Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Aztec Camera and Half Man Half Biscuit. A big fan of hugs, books, science and solitary walks. Recovering from a mild seasonal depression, but doing completely fine at the moment. I like to water the grand piano.

...oh, and I'm not a spambot. :P

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 pm UTC

Your nick sounds German-ish. Does it mean sauce head?
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Please donate to help these people

Sosekopp

Postby Sosekopp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:59 pm UTC

Monika wrote:Your nick sounds German-ish. Does it mean sauce head?

It's Norwegian, and literally it means something akin to "sauce head". It's used to describe absent-minded people (like me).

Viae

Postby Viae » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:04 pm UTC

Reason no78 to move to Noraway: gravybrains is a common insult.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Also, I think your title should be "colossus", and I don't care if nobody agrees.

Dason

Postby Dason » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:31 pm UTC

Viae wrote:Reason no78 to move to Noraway: gravybrains is a common insult.

gravybrains sounds tastier than normal brains at least.
double epsilon = -.0000001;

An Enraged Platypus

Postby An Enraged Platypus » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 pm UTC

<Insert introduction here>

RainbowTwink
Location: I wish I was cool enough to tell you, but you aren't cool enough to know.

Postby RainbowTwink » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:16 pm UTC

My name is RainbowTwink. I live in the SF bay area. I love diva, house, trip hop, and metal. I enjoy dancing & clubbing. I recently discovered the music of David Guetta.

I don't say my age. But I'll say 24.

I am from Union City, California but hang out in San Jo and the Castro.

I am half middle eastern, half white. My Mom is Roman Catholic and my dad is a Shi'ite Muslim. I think religion isn't for me. I do have an admiration for the Virgin Mary though.

I am 5'5"....Have rainbow stars all over my shoulders, a tramp stamp of horus holding a sun disk, and my name in Arabic on my neck and a Decepticon tribal symbol on my left shoulder. A nose piercing and a marilyn.

I politically am not much a fan of anything. I used to be super liberal, then super conservative. I like Barack Obama, but have no intention of voting for him in 2012. I try not to watch the news.

I am petite. I don't drink/smoke a lot...I love bloody marys, masculine twinks, jocks. I like pretty much all guys.

My favorite music is Madonna, Tangerine Dream, In flames, Darkthrone, Cascada, Britney, Backstreet Boys, Nsync.

I came out as gay when I was 18, my Mom freaked and went "bi" for awhile. My first kiss was when I was 21 at a party with a local gay boy.

I've been in a few relationship. I prefer just dating, as I don't like that much hard work.

I used to be into comic books for a few years. Now I want to get rid of all the collectibles and be "normal"

I love the smell of KY.

RainbowTwink
Location: I wish I was cool enough to tell you, but you aren't cool enough to know.

Postby RainbowTwink » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 am UTC

I updated my info. Enjoy.
I totally pulled a Brian Austin Green! Yo!

OllieGarkey

Postby OllieGarkey » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm UTC

Hey everyone!

I'm here to debate and argue. I am the same OllieGarkey as the one who blogs over at DailyKos. I'll pop that link into my sig as soon as I'm allowed to make one. (Unless that breaks some kind of rule. It doesn't earn me any money.)

I liked what the forums looked like, and had something important to say about the Nolan Chart in SD. Hopefully that thread will be up soon.

I just found XKCD, a biological chemist friend of mine linked me to the radiation chart, which was helpful, but I had to convert from Sv to Rems to understand it, because I'm outdated, apparently.

Genocito

Postby Genocito » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:23 am UTC

Hello everyone! My name is Genoveva, I'm 27 years old, and I have been following this comic for a loooong time. I've often lurked in the shadows in this forum before, and for reasons better understood by my sleep deprived brain I just decided to join.

I'm Chilean, (that's in southamerica, just in case), and I'm a medic, general practitioner, currently on sabatical. I love to read most anything, but I especially enjoy good fiction. I'm a TV and internet adict. I really enjoy a good debate about science, physics, biology, theology, philosophy, medicine, movies, tv shows, books... oh, and in case it needed clarifying, I'm a nerd.

Let's see, what else... I don't like offending other people, therefore I hate trolls and do not feed them. I'm hoping to write a novel at some point this year, but I'm not sure I can keep it from sucking. English is my second languaje, so please forgive any gramatical or spelling errors; I do appreciate grammar nazies, as they provide a valuable service. Favorite book right now is a collection of Lovecraft tales I'm reading, but it changes a lot. Favorite movie is "Jurassic Park", followed by "Monty Python's Holy Grail", "Spaceballs" and "You've got Mail". I'm single, and planning a trip to france on my own next month.

Also, it's well past 2 am right now for me, and I'm afraid I'm rambling so I'll just go to sleep. Need sleep. Sleep good.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 am UTC

Genocito wrote:I'm Chilean, (that's in southamerica, just in case)

What, are you trying to imply we wouldn't know where Chile is?! :mrgreen:

I'm hoping to write a novel at some point this year

Cool cool cool! What will it be about? Will it be in English?

Genocito

Postby Genocito » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:00 am UTC

Monika wrote:What, are you trying to imply we wouldn't know where Chile is?! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: oh, not at all! Besides, on that map you even know what Tierra del Fuego is, wich is really cool. I remember another such map that just said "Here be Dragons". And our dragon army is supposed to be a secret until the revolution starts.

Well, I used to work in a really small and isolated town, and people, birds and just everything was SO frigging weird at times, I compared it to Twin Peaks minus the owls. I have this idea for a detective style novel based on a town like that, with a Lovecraftian turn at the end. I'm gonna write in spanish at first, but I think I may translate it to english myself so I can be rejected by a bigger number of publishers. :wink:

RainbowTwink

Postby RainbowTwink » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 am UTC

Genocito wrote:
Monika wrote:What, are you trying to imply we wouldn't know where Chile is?! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: oh, not at all! Besides, on that map you even know what Tierra del Fuego is, wich is really cool. I remember another such map that just said "Here be Dragons". And our dragon army is supposed to be a secret until the revolution starts.

Well, I used to work in a really small and isolated town, and people, birds and just everything was SO frigging weird at times, I compared it to Twin Peaks minus the owls. I have this idea for a detective style novel based on a town like that, with a Lovecraftian turn at the end. I'm gonna write in spanish at first, but I think I may translate it to english myself so I can be rejected by a bigger number of publishers. :wink:

That reminds me of the steampunk thing I am writing called the "The Dickens days never had props from the wild west and star wars in it"
I totally pulled a Brian Austin Green! Yo!

saut

Postby saut » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:22 pm UTC

Hello there folks. Been lurking and reading the comics for a long time now, figured it was about time I registered. I'm a 25 year old male and my passions include Minecraft, Carl Sagan, and beer. I'm sure I'll fit right in.

ashtraygirl

Postby ashtraygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:56 pm UTC

Hello all. I've been reading the comics for ages but just discovered this place.

I'm a 22 year old medical student in the UK, I'm a girl, and I'm currently eating cup-a-soup.

Interests include music, books, dance, Guiding and some other stuff that I'm sure I could come up with if I thought about it for a little while.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

ashtraygirl wrote:I'm currently eating cup-a-soup.

Ever tried putting cup-a-soup in a bowl?

's unnatural, man. (It leaves you with an unresolved tension that stays with you all day.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

ashtraygirl

Postby ashtraygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:14 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:
ashtraygirl wrote:I'm currently eating cup-a-soup.

Ever tried putting cup-a-soup in a bowl?

's unnatural, man. (It leaves you with an unresolved tension that stays with you all day.

Never. It says 'cup' right there on the packet! Although now I kind of want to try it. Hmmm...

Viae

Postby Viae » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:35 pm UTC

)

You're welcome.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Also, I think your title should be "colossus", and I don't care if nobody agrees.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 pm UTC

Thank you, Viae. You are my hero now.

ashtraygirl

Postby ashtraygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:21 pm UTC

Viae wrote:)

You're welcome.

I was desperately trying to ignore it. But thank you.

Mumpy

Postby Mumpy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm UTC

You can't ignore the Felstaff! He just keeps getting more and more in your face until you crack, and laugh. He's like the snowman in skifree, but with more comedy involved.

ashtraygirl

Postby ashtraygirl » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:51 pm UTC

Mumpy wrote:You can't ignore the Felstaff! He just keeps getting more and more in your face until you crack, and laugh. He's like the snowman in skifree, but with more comedy involved.

Goodness. I will await with interest further developments.

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

ashtraygirl wrote:Hello all. I've been reading the comics for ages but just discovered this place.

I'm a 22 year old medical student in the UK, I'm a girl, and I'm currently eating cup-a-soup.

Interests include music, books, dance, Guiding and some other stuff that I'm sure I could come up with if I thought about it for a little while.

Where are you studying out of interest.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

Viae

Postby Viae » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:19 am UTC

Monika wrote:Thank you, Viae. You are my hero now.

Anti-unresolved-parenthesis-man?

How that never got on to Who's Line Is It Anyway I'll never know.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:11 am UTC

Viae wrote:
Monika wrote:Thank you, Viae. You are my hero now.

Anti-unresolved-parenthesis-man?

How that never got on to Who's Line Is It Anyway I'll never know.

that would be funny hmmm

anyway welcome all to the hotel. I am a guide, but not staff. I only give info. My main advice is not to go through the door to your left.

Ortus
Fluffy

Postby Ortus » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:16 am UTC

|
|o/ "But it's so nice through the left door!"
|
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:10 am UTC

Look, Ortus' one arm has already been bitten off by the raptors!

ModestMartin

Postby ModestMartin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:53 am UTC

Hi I'm Martin, i don't usually join forums but this comic is so amazing that i decided to do just go for it.

I love music, I take pride in my relatively small but great Itunes library, silly dancing, basically all sports, especially track & field where I am a current National Champion, I love eating food, my comfort go-to meal is a changing variety of cereal, comma splices, and long sentences.

I'm a Texan (born and raised) male who enjoys Stumbleupon, videogames, and too many other things to count.

If I had one wish, it would be more time in my life to do things that I love and want to pursue.

Nautilus

Postby Nautilus » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm UTC

Hey, a thread!
I'm a Massachusite and am still in school.
Got lots o' family, a dog, possibly a cat.
Like to think about things.
Enjoying the ride.

That's about it
My flagella bring all the boys to the yard

OllieGarkey

Postby OllieGarkey » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 pm UTC

ashtraygirl wrote:
Viae wrote:)

You're welcome.

I was desperately trying to ignore it. But thank you.

I've learned important things from this thread. (Specifically, that If I ever want to annoy folks around here I'll just

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:49 am UTC

Nautilus, how "possibly" a cat?

Ollie, it only works with parantheses http://xkcd.com/859/ .

chridd
Has a vermicelli title

Postby chridd » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 am UTC

not finish a parenthetical statement)?

(I'd quote, but that would just add more ('s)
~ chri d. d. /tʃɹɪ.di.di/ (Phonotactics, schmphonotactics) · she · Forum game scores
mittfh wrote:I wish this post was very quotable...

Nattlinnen

Postby Nattlinnen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am UTC

Good day.

I'm a student in history (Sub-sahara Africa mainly) but have a platonic interest in mathematics, philosophy and sociology, though my knowledge in does fields are quite limited. I was about to study math at university level but history was more interesting and rewarding. Anyway, as I have some kind of interest of the issues discussed here (even though I understand far from everything) I registered. The forum also seems quite mature and healthy so I'll think I will enjoy my stay.

Interests in general:
History - huh!
Politics - leftist social democrat
Music - Anything good. Favourite bands: The Clash, Owen Pallett, Arcade Fire, bob hund, Public Enemy, The Roots, Daft Punk, David Bowie, The Pixies (I was about to make cool hidden links to youtube clips with these bands but this forum doesn't allow [URL] tags. Sad.)
Gaming - Mostly strategy games, mainly from Paradox, but other games too such as Project Reality (a mod for BF2), WoW (Though I haven't been playing for the last 6 months) and some FPS games, stalker for example.
Roleplaying - I was a pen-and-paper roleplayer but it was a long time since I last played. It was mostly different Swedish games.

-Nattlinnen (Nightgowns in Swedish)

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm UTC

Hi Swedish Nightgown :D . When you have five posts you will be able to add links. Unless you are a spambot. But I am reasonably convinced you are not a spambot. Most spambots are not interested in subsaharan history, as they cannot sell it.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay :) .

Nattlinnen

Postby Nattlinnen » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:24 pm UTC

Monika wrote:Hi Swedish Nightgown :D . When you have five posts you will be able to add links. Unless you are a spambot. But I am reasonably convinced you are not a spambot. Most spambots are not interested in subsaharan history, as they cannot sell it.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay :) .

Ha! I see. Strange name for a spambot too. Anyway, thanks for having me. :)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 pm UTC

Monika wrote:Hi Swedish Nightgown :D . When you have five posts you will be able to add links. Unless you are a spambot. But I am reasonably convinced you are not a spambot. Most spambots are not interested in subsaharan history, as they cannot sell it.
You'd be surprised.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Little Richie

Postby Little Richie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 pm UTC

I’m Richie, a fun loving, free spirited rocker, who has a mission, and a dream, to save the world. I live for music. Every chance I have I am playing an instrument, from the drums, to the guitar, to any other musical implement I can get my hands on.

I was a member for a while a few years ago and faded out. But I'm back now, and it feels great. :D
With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
Check out my blog, my mission to save the world.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm UTC

How are you planning to save the world? :D

Little Richie

Postby Little Richie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:22 pm UTC

Monika wrote:How are you planning to save the world? :D

It basically comes down to living out the Dream that my friend set in motion before he died. His dream was, in it's essence, for people to live like they aught to.

If you're interested, or want to know more, check out my blog. :wink: here's the first post that kind of lays out my mission: http://nvsounds.com/blog/?p=3
With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
Check out my blog, my mission to save the world.

Return to “General”