Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

voicedotter

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby voicedotter » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:06 am UTC

yea Raptors live in the door by the elevator. They also live in the basement. It has no doorknob and is made of unbreakable materials. Anyway enjoy the place and if you see any raptors please flee and report them to management before the maul you.

Evengeduld

Postby Evengeduld » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:22 am UTC

voicedotter wrote:yea Raptors live in the door by the elevator. They also live in the basement. It has no doorknob and is made of unbreakable materials. Anyway enjoy the place and if you see any raptors please flee and report them to management before the maul you.

And if you happen to see baby raptors. There is no use in fleeing you are death already...
~If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:Why study physical chemistry when you can study ethanol metabolism through practical methods?

DasEengineer

Postby DasEengineer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:36 pm UTC

I am not a spamnot!

%Initiate Turing test data
if belief~=1
text=t+1
end

Hey all! I'm a longtime reader of xkcd, and I finally signed up for the forums. Here's some basic info (varying degrees of interest): My name's David, I'm from the DC area (south of DC if you know the area), I'm graduating in 2 weeks with a EE degree, and I work WAY too much. I'm usually highly caffeinated at any given time (including right now... ~4 cups of espresso), and as you can see from my intro... I've been doing WAY too much Matlab lately. Why? One of my current classes involves nothing but 3 insanely long/hard Matlab programs. I tend to procrastinate, so I ended up having to do a semester of work in two weeks... SO much fun! Okays, this should be enough to convince the mods I'm not a spambot.

Now... check out this awesome site I found! You can get books, prints, etc!
http://store.xk*d.com/
Last edited by Felstaff on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:12 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link edited to obscure it so no-one will know the website being advertised.

aeschere

Postby aeschere » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:23 pm UTC

Hello world: I have finally decided to join this forum. My name is Alane and/or "aeschere". I am a fan of the comic. I am a senior in high school going into computer science and (possibly) mathematics. An interesting fact(s) about me: my favorite number is 72, and my favorite composer is Philip Glass (anyone? Anyone at all?)... That is all.

eaglewings51

Postby eaglewings51 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:44 am UTC

I guess I never did this.

Female

Location and age are classified.

I'm studying Journalism in college

I love photography, making graphics with Gimp, rock climbing, hiking, skiing, basically anything at all involving the outdoors (and I mean like middle of nowhere way back in the boondocks, no one around for miles and miles. Not just going for a walk outside), computers, technology in general, playing piano, and music in general especially country.

I like mostly old TV shows like MacGyver, Dukes of Hazzard, MASH, and Airwolf. I've started to like a few new ones thought like Pan Am, Revenge, Nikita, Hart of Dixie, and Glee. I like action/adventure movies like Indiana Jones, the Bourne trilogy, National Treasure 1 and 2, Salt, James Bond, and a bunch more that I can't think of at the moment. I also like Sci-Fi/Fantasy like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars (NO Twilight!). I watch an occaisonal chick-flick but not often. Most are pretty stupid (Nicholas Sparks, *gag*)

And I think that's about it. I'm pretty normal.

Denebola

Postby Denebola » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:56 am UTC

Hello! I guess I'm Denebola or something. Also, I'm not very interesting.

I suppose I'm a genderqueer Scot student. I like kitties? ^o.o^

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:41 pm UTC

Denebola wrote:I suppose I'm a genderqueer Scot student. I like kitties? ^o.o^

Perfect :) . Drop by the LGBTIQQA thread, if you feel like it. Bring a kitty!
#xkcd-q on irc.foonetic.net - the LGBTIQQA support channel
Please donate to help these people

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:43 pm UTC

Hey everybody, the name's Sean. 17/Male/Montana (United States). I'm currently in college studying computer science.

Some of my hobbies include playing guitar, video games, music, computers, psychoactive substances, and redheads.

Slothrop

Postby Slothrop » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

Hello everyone,

Nameless 25 year old from Norway here. Currently working as a science/maths/physics teacher, a job I started this autumn. My degree is in something-product-development-something, but I've earned most of my credits in fluid mechanics of different sorts (and I thoroughly regret not going into something more physics related from the get-go.)

I've been stalking here for a small year now, and, considering my forum record, that's most likely what I'll keep on doing.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:14 pm UTC

Gravy wrote:psychoactive substances

Caffeine?

Gravy

Postby Gravy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 am UTC

Monika wrote:
Gravy wrote:psychoactive substances

Caffeine?

Surprisingly, seeing as I'm going into computer science, I'm not a big fan of coffee or caffeine in general. I was thinking more...illegal substances. Such a rebel, I know.

Gerardiebla

Postby Gerardiebla » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 am UTC

Hey Everyone,

My name is Gerard, I'm studying a combined Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Arts in Sydney, Australia. I've been playing classical guitar for about 8 years and I love listening to classical music. I also study philosophy and a little bit of mathematics.

As a hobby I like to read, I finally have time to read for leisure now that I'm on holidays from uni. Recently I've read GEB by Douglas Hofstadter, The Sun Also Rise by Hemingway and I'm currently reading Guns, Germs and Steel by Jarred Diamond and Point Counter Point by Aldus Huxely. I'm also fascinated by theoretical science and love popular science books and I'm trying to teach my self the theory at a more technical level.

And just for fun I think I'm the only person I know who can play Skyrim in moderation.

So there it is. Probably more than you ever wanted to know (but really just scraping the surface) about me :)

Catmando

Postby Catmando » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 am UTC

Hello xkcdforums, I'm Catmando. I'm a high school student in America. I like nerdy stuff and have been a fan of xkcd for about 200 comics, although I've read them all. I'm currently reading GEB by Douglas Hofstadter. I'm here on the forum only to participate in interesting discussion.

Something interesting: I browse here frequently and once claimed the xkcd forums had no personality. Since posting for my first time, however, I'm considering changing my mind. Kudos to those who made me reconsider, not that any of you know who you are. :)

Sweeney_Todd

Postby Sweeney_Todd » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:51 am UTC

Hi, I'm Sweeney. That's actually my last name, but it's much better than my first and infinitely times more amazing. I'm not a normal person in the slightest, too.
SurgicalSteel wrote:Wow, you're spectacularly unhelpful! I think you have a real talent for not being helpful!

Kick

Postby Kick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:34 am UTC

Sweeney_Todd wrote:Hi, I'm Sweeney. That's actually my last name, but it's much better than my first and infinitely times more amazing. I'm not a normal person in the slightest, too.

My math teacher's last name was Sweeney, therefore you are my math teacher. Nice to meet you.
I'm never sarcastic.

Jonnylove

Postby Jonnylove » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 am UTC

Hi, I'm Jon. I'm a college student--in liberal arts. I guess that makes me a minority here? :o or would :D be more appropriate? What do you think better communicates a chipperness so extreme it's actually a bit awkward?

So yes, I am here. I doubt I'll be here much. Hello.

Evengeduld

Postby Evengeduld » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:41 am UTC

Jonnylove wrote:So yes, I am here. I doubt I'll be here much. Hello.

Already in the denial phase of your new addiction you are going to fit in really well here.
~If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.~

cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:Why study physical chemistry when you can study ethanol metabolism through practical methods?

ChrisV

Postby ChrisV » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:31 am UTC

Hello, my name is Christopher, I'm 19, I've lived in Harrisburg, PA since early this year, and I've read through all the archives of xkcd in the last few days. Doing so clicked something in my head that I forgot a long time ago. When I was around 13-15 I had a desktop computer I adored, and spent, admittedly, far too much time on. I never really did much with it, mainly using it as my window to the world when I was too timid to go out and experience it directly. Sometime around when I was 15 I made a few mistakes that trashed it, and I could never get the money together to fix it or replace it, so I went without a computer until shortly before I moved this year. The problem is, though, that somewhere along the line, I forgot how I used to feel shooting around online and (haphazardly) soaking up info and cool stuff. I hardly use my laptop for anything more than facebook and bullshit. To get back to my point, after reading through the comic, I'm almost downright mad at how little I know about the device at my fingertips, and everything is signifies. I used to stand in wonder of the various sciences, though admittedly it was probably the idea of science and not the reality of it, but somewhere along the line I forgot my interest in mathematics, physics, psychology, and everything to do with computers. I came on to this forum because I want to get that back. I want to reload my mind with what I let myself lose, and more, and I figured this would be the perfect place to start. I want to learn how to work programs, write code, and get back into an understanding of how to examine articles and sites online for real science and ways to learn without having to try and shoehorn college courses into my shitty job. And now that I've written a small essay, let me get back to a concise point.

My name is Chris, and I'd like to hang out with you guys.

ewomack

Postby ewomack » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:46 pm UTC

Hello, Ed here. I dig forum posting and this one looks pretty fervent. So here I am. I check in with xkcd once in a while, but I don't really do anything on a regular basis apart from those unmentionable human things. Now if you'll excuse me I have to take care of some quantum fluctuations...

blackened45

Postby blackened45 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm UTC

Hey guys, newb in the forum here. well, i am 24, and resides in NY. i got a hold of a comic in deviantart i think, and reading it and reading others like it then i got here. not sure how in details, but i am here now. and its great.

thanks, that's all. see you all inside the boards.

cheers!

Evengeduld

Postby Evengeduld » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:26 pm UTC

Oh 3 new guys and noone to welcome them to the boards...
Well then I'll do it in my own special way :twisted:

Hi ChrisV, we'll like to hang on to you to. You might be helpfull some day...

Hi ewomack, you say you dig forum posting and yet only one post. Already slacking?

Hi blackened45, could you enlighten how we can get inside boards. Because crawling into my PC seems hard.

blackened45

Postby blackened45 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 pm UTC

^ hey thanks for the welcome.

i said 'boards' as in, forum boards. i just thought it would be a great way to put it at the moment.

cheers!

smw543

Postby smw543 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 am UTC

I'm back... maybe? The changes in my personal life that originally pulled me away from the fora will likely do so again, but for now, I need my RDA of vitriol. See you in News & Articles! (I assume N&A is still a cesspool of hatred and bile, no?)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 pm UTC

No, everyone turned nice, it is a Christmas miracle.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Anaximander

Postby Anaximander » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:41 am UTC

I don't like introducing myself but I'm figuring no one will pay much attention to this post and, since introductions seem to be encouraged, I feel like I should oblige.

I live in FL. I've been content to labor with science and computers for most of my life but have never been diplomatic enough to achieve "success" - I make a living though which is good enough. Aside from that, I goof around with music...like to make beer...read books...spend time outside, etc. My friend got me into xkcd a few months ago and I've been hooked since then. The forums seemed interesting so I signed up. I'm bad at teh internets and don't have too many other places on the web to hang out where a majority of people can articulate coherent thoughts using adequate spelling and grammar. So, thanks for existing.

voicedotter

Postby voicedotter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:37 am UTC

Anaximander wrote:I don't like introducing myself but I'm figuring no one will pay much attention to this post and, since introductions seem to be encouraged, I feel like I should oblige.

I live in FL. I've been content to labor with science and computers for most of my life but have never been diplomatic enough to achieve "success" - I make a living though which is good enough. Aside from that, I goof around with music...like to make beer...read books...spend time outside, etc. My friend got me into xkcd a few months ago and I've been hooked since then. The forums seemed interesting so I signed up. I'm bad at teh internets and don't have too many other places on the web to hang out where a majority of people can articulate coherent thoughts using adequate spelling and grammar. So, thanks for existing.

Hey we pay attention to people's posts here. Enjoy the place.
What music do you listen to? And what do you like to read?
We have topics here for everything, if you are willing to find them by delving through the depths and avoid the raptors.

Anaximander

Postby Anaximander » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 pm UTC

voicedotter wrote:Hey we pay attention to people's posts here. Enjoy the place.

Thanks! I have so far.
voicedotter wrote:What music do you listen to?

How much time do you have? :)

Music has kept me sane and has been one of the few consistently successful remedies for chronic depression. I listen to almost anything that I think is good regardless of genre. I worked at a record store for a couple years and have amassed a pretty hefty LP/CD collection. Best job I ever had until I had to start paying off student loans. Perusing iTunes, here's a list of some favorites for anyone else who's interested.
Spoiler:
Aretha Franklin
The Arrivals
Bauhaus
Bent Outta Shape
Big Boys
Big Star
Bill Monroe
Cheap Trick
The Clash
CCR
Crimpshrine
De La Soul
Dillinger Four
Dinosaur Jr.
Doug Sahm
Drive-By Truckers
Emmykou Harris
The Faces
Fay Wray
The Figgs
George Jones
Good Luck
Gram Parsons
Hot New Mexicans
Husker Du
Iron Maiden
Isaac Hayes
The Jesus And Mary Chain
John Prine
Johnny Cash
Kris Kristofferson
Miles Davis
Minor Threat
Muddy Waters
Neil Young
Nick Lowe
Otis Redding
The Pogues
Public Enemy
QOTSA
Ramones
Reagan Youth
Roberta Flack
Slayer
Sloan
Ted Leo
Tiltwheel
Tom Petty
Torche
Uncle Tupelo
Van Halen
The Velvet Underground
The WIlburn Brothers
Wire
This is probably getting ridiculous...I could keep going.

I saw some of the music threads, but there's a lot of stuff flying around in there. I could get sucked into that for hours.

voicedotter wrote:And what do you like to read?

I enjoy a lot of non-fiction, informative type stuff. Recent favorites have been The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond and A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell (hence the handle). The last one melted my brain so I picked back up with the George R.R. Martin Fire and Ice series...although I haven't enjoyed A Feast for Crows as much as the others. Classics like Steinbeck's East of Eden, Heller's Catch-22 and Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird are up there too. Anything by Vonnegut...good sci-fi, etc.

voicedotter wrote:We have topics here for everything, if you are willing to find them by delving through the depths and avoid the raptors.

Thanks, I will. And thanks again for responding. One more question: what is a raptor and how do I avoid it?

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:16 pm UTC

Anaximander wrote:One more question: what is a raptor and how do I avoid it?

A (veloci)raptor is a mean fast small intelligent dinosaur (according to authorative scientific works like "Jurassic Park"). You avoid it by running really fast and hiding in a place that they cannot open. Your chances of survival are small.
http://xkcd.com/87/
http://xkcd.com/135/
http://xkcd.com/155/
http://xkcd.com/292/
http://xkcd.com/526/ <-- in particular be aware of raptors on hoverboards
http://xkcd.com/758/

MichtheDogWalker

Postby MichtheDogWalker » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:43 am UTC

Hello, I am Michael AKA MichtheDogWalker

I own no dogs. I have two sons that each own one dog... therefore I walk two dogs.
and, intuitively obvious to the most causal observer, my avatar is me walking the dogs
... 2 dogs + 2 Leashes = 7 crossing topologically distinct knot.

I am too old and cynical to be posting on forums, but I must support the simplest game on this forum. Simple is difficult.

I am a Chemical Engineer (a math geek in a chemist body pretending to be a plumber) that used to "Bring good things to life" until we were bought by the Kingdom (KSA), now sadly I have no slogan to live by.

...not afraid of raptors, but I'll keep my distance.

Now you know everything

Jonesthe Spy

Postby Jonesthe Spy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 pm UTC

Hello all,

Just joined after years of reading because I couldn't not comment on the latest strip. NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell me is in fact one of my favorite bits of broadcast media, and I'm terribly glad to see Randall is a fan.

'Spect I'll participate in some of the other many and varied topics, now that I'm official.

lucrezaborgia

Postby lucrezaborgia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 am UTC

Greetings!

I'm lucrezaborgia which I'm sure is very clear from my user name. Not very clever intro huh? Anyways...

I'll be 31 on the 18th of January. Originally I hail from Miami, FL and moved to the Great White North 3 years ago. At first I lived in Appleton and just this past summer I moved to Green Bay to live with my fiance who becomes my husband on the 27th of this month. My DH is definitely the more nerdy half with his skills at sewing, his penchant for dressing up in 17th century Polish Hussar armor, his new-found love for modding Nerf guns, and the 1,400 books on the shelves in his home on top of the multiple Lego StarWars ships hanging from the ceiling in the room I'm currently in. A lot of my friends back in Florida think I'm oh so smart but really I'm barely literate by my own standards. The people I've met through my DH up here have been amazing and are almost all a nerdly dream though maybe that's just a byproduct of being in the SCA? Sad to say, I'm in school still. Multiple bouts of illness have made it a very long journey but I think I'm finally on the homestretch and hope to have a Library and Information Science degree in the future.

Some favorite things besides xkcd: Awesome food, Tetris, tea, reading, history, trying to use proper spelling and all that jazz even while texting, beer, Futurama, dark comedy, documentaries, cats, and arguing about Manifest Destiny at 3am after having had way too much to drink.

Some things I do not like: Spiders, running out of ammo for my Maverick, reality television, network news, a dead battery on my DS right as I'm about to finish a level, and having someone knock on the door just as I'm about to...

Things I'm not proud of: Walking away from a 70% scholarship at a fancy-pants learning institution, marrying someone for all wrong reasons, and the ability to sleep 12 hours a day.

Things I am proud of: Finally finding the right diagnosis and drugs, realizing that while the education was challenging at the fancy-pants learning institution it was killing my soul to be so far from my support group of friends and family, leaving everything behind in Miami and moving to Wisconsin with 2 suitcases and my friend Catherine, and divorcing the wrong man and finding the right man.

Weird things: Read James Michener's "Alaska" in 5th grade and thought it was awesome, spent the 2nd grade traveling from racetrack to racetrack on the Late-Model circuit and have met many NASCAR greats, built my own tree-house that survive hurricane Andrew entirely by myself, worked in the nightclubs on South Beach selling roses at the age of 15, and survived ARDS by spending over a week in a medically induced coma.

Things for the TL;DR crowd: 30 y/o (b. 1/18), female, blonde, overweight, engaged, bipolar, student, history major
Last edited by lucrezaborgia on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

ChimeraMica

Postby ChimeraMica » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:04 am UTC

I am Mica. I'm eighteen and I live with my boyfriend in Norman, OK. I don't know what to say really, except I'm an artist (not by profession) and I do my best to be a good person. I joined in part because I had heard this forum had a good transgender community, and I'm hoping to talk to other trans people and maybe get some advice. At any rate, hello to all!

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 pm UTC

Hi lucrezaborgia, welcome to the forum! Cat ownership is always a plus. Congrats on the divorce and the right diagnosis/medication.

Hi Mica, welcome to the forum. Hop by the [SAFESPACE] LGBTIQQA Thread - Queer Support! thread.

Nexan

Postby Nexan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:40 am UTC

Hey everyone, I'm Mica's boyfriend. Also, I'm not entirely new, since I joined in 2007, but I really never posted much and haven't been around in a while, so I figure re-introductions are in order.

I'm 24, have a bachelor's in astrophysics, and am currently working at a call center. My lovely girlfriend just moved here, so that's pretty neat. I play music (guitar, mandolin, hopefully many others eventually) in a very amateurish way, and I'm a total badass at geography. I always get self-conscious listing my interests, so I'm gonna stop it here.

Anyway, hello to everyone!

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:17 am UTC

Welcome back. For comparison:
Page one hundred twenty-nine of this thread wrote: Hello. I've lurked here for a while, as you can see, but since I have finally made a first post, and there's a small but non-zero chance of me making more I thought it would be appropriate to post here as well.

So. I'm a 21-year-old astrophysics undergraduate. I've got a sort of baseline aptitude and interest in most sectors of geekiness (such that I get, oh, probably 90% or so of the comics), but am specifically interested in math (pretty much a monotonically decreasing curve as you go from abstract to concrete), language, and video games. And finding entertaining things on the internet. You forumites comprise a significant fraction of that one.

Severely-belated congratulations on your degree.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Nexan

Postby Nexan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:35 am UTC

Deva wrote:Welcome back. For comparison:
Page one hundred twenty-nine of this thread wrote: Hello. I've lurked here for a while, as you can see, but since I have finally made a first post, and there's a small but non-zero chance of me making more I thought it would be appropriate to post here as well.

So. I'm a 21-year-old astrophysics undergraduate. I've got a sort of baseline aptitude and interest in most sectors of geekiness (such that I get, oh, probably 90% or so of the comics), but am specifically interested in math (pretty much a monotonically decreasing curve as you go from abstract to concrete), language, and video games. And finding entertaining things on the internet. You forumites comprise a significant fraction of that one.

Severely-belated congratulations on your degree.

Thanks! Now if only I could get around to properly using it. I've considered trying to get a job as an engineer, but have a distressing allergy to job searching.

fearless

Postby fearless » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm UTC

Hi everyone. i'm 22, just finished uni and about to start work for an auditing firm. Hoping to qualify as a professional in 3 years' time. I was born in commie land, lived there for about 9 years before immigrating to south africa. I've been reading xkcd for a while, even though I don't really understand much of the maths/physics. I like computer geeks a lot. my nick is from a book - rather juvenile but it's still one of my favourites. I write poetry. That's about it.

moiraemachy

Postby moiraemachy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm UTC

Hi everyone, I used to post erratically on the fora, and haven't touched it in a while. I realized I spend way too much time lurking, so I want to do it right this time. Also, I don't really like some of my posts back then. Here we go.

I'm a 21 year old Brazilian electrical engineering undergrad student. I really like physics and math, and am contemplating becoming a teacher after graduating. I really like math, physics and generally knowing how stuff work/how to build them. At the moment, I have decided to learn how to program properly, and learn some physics and math at a more fundamental level, since what I am covering at the university is beginning to seem too technical, and I believe I will be annoying you guys a little with this stuff. :oops: I'll try not to be irritating.

I also kind of play (not really) classical guitar, and am kind of skilled at Matkot/frescobol. My nick is just some pretentious stuff I made up.

Monika
Welcoming Aarvark

Postby Monika » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:45 pm UTC

Hi there fearless computergeekloving poet :) .

And hi future math and physics teacher moiraemachy. What is Matkot/frescobol?

olterin

Postby olterin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:22 pm UTC

Hmm, I guess that even though I'll probably be lurking most of the time, one never knows where the future goes, so...

A "nameless" Physics student from Germany here, aged 21. I guess it might be worth mentioning that I've been playing chess since I was about 6 (although not so much recently). Other than that, and the obvious (liking physics), I also like reading (fantasy and/or science fiction), painting (though due to my studies I recently haven't had quite enough time to ...), and even writing (occasionally, those lab reports we have to do almost killed my creativity though).

I've enjoyed the xkcd comics for quite a while now (they literally saved the day for me on many occasions now) and when checking out the forums, I thought that other than my fellow students this would likely be a group of people I'd enjoy ... umm ... talking to (for lack of a better expression right now).

So,

cout << Hello world!;

Return to “General”