Who the dickens are you?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

MaybeAndroid

Re: INTRO THREAD THE THIRD

Postby MaybeAndroid » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:31 pm UTC

This is where I wish that I had something really witty and charming to say, which would instantly win you over. The truth is that I'm just another science nerd, pop culture geek, trying to define myself by what I like rather what I'm like. I have too little free time, and I waste too much of it on the internet; I might as well waste spend it here, if you'll have me. Now that my introductory obligations have been fulfilled, I'm off to stop lurking and start posting.
'I saw a guy in Venice Beach. When I saw him I thought, is that Leonard Nimoy in drag? But no, it was not Leonard Nimoy. It was just some guy.'

Yuffie

Postby Yuffie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:27 am UTC

Hi!
I don't think I posted here before. Oh well.

Yuffie. Here because it's nice. I don't talk much. Read my posts. That's all.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageRawr.

Zinny

Postby Zinny » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:09 am UTC

Um ... hello ....

Can't think of anything particularly enticing to say ...

I was going to post after having perused a bit but decided to just dive right in ... but now I'm at a loss for words.

Um, I wish I were a nerd. But I'm not. Sadly I'm just a Nerd-Wanna-Be. I forever strive but always fall short.

I guess some are just born with the smarts but I am not one of them. No, instead I have to work really hard to understand all of the geeky mumble jumble and even then I'm still perpetually confused.

Oh well.

But ... I really wish I had some fellow Nerd-Wanna-Be's who lived within my vincinty to do math and physics with me.

Okay, that's all I guess.

AtomicDuck

Postby AtomicDuck » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:05 am UTC

Hello! I'm a computer nerd from the Akron/Canton area in Ohio and a cat freak. I spend my days slaving away as a lot guy at the local home improvement store or slaving away at my computer either doing homework or working on the RPG I've been making since my high school days and will probably be making until the end of time due to some setbacks involving dogs, cats, tornadoes, magnets, and God hating my game in general although incarnation 15 should be fine as it's backed up in 12 sources in 3 different states.
I'm on my last semester at Stark State College of Technology, and my top priority besides school is finding a better job, finding a better car (btw Karnach, I agree entirely on Hondas), working on said RPG, and playing with my kitties on my breaks. And reading. God help the poor fool who tries to pry me away from my books.
I'm known mostly as the crazy cat guy, as I have three cats, I talk about them and too them as if they were my kids, and draw cat comics for my co-workers or anyone who wants to see them. Kitties ftw.
Anyway, if given infinite space and infinite time I'd find infinitely more trivial things to infinitely bore you all with, but alas my schedule calls and I must cut my spammiest of posts short. I'll just leave it at it's great to be here :D

ameretrifle
Vera

Postby ameretrifle » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:57 am UTC

Hi, posting here on the off chance I'll eventually be able to get off my lazy lurker bum and post something. If I do, I don't want to be accused of being a spambot. Isn't that how that whole Hatfield/McCoy thing got started?

My name's Meredith; I'm 20 and have graduated college with my bachelor's, which has got to give me a little bit of geek cred, right? No? Okay then. I live in Florida, very near Tallahassee (a.k.a a possible Hellmouth). I'm neurotic as hell, have rather atrophied social skills, have let my math and science education lapse sadly, and tend to either say nothing or entirely too much. This would be a case of the latter. This is, perhaps sadly, part of my slow but steady effort to get myself to socialize more. Yes, I have to work to socialize on the internet. I'm making progress! I swear!

I'm sort of a quasi-geek; I like fantasy and sci-fi and have been an otaku in my time, and on rare occasions get the "geeky" comics without being told. Like that Kepler one. Got that first time. It was hilarious. ;) I'm told I'm rather good at writing; I'd like to make something of that someday, but am realistic about my ability to accomplish that without a "day job" to keep me focused. I have yet to find a "day job", but I volunteer at the library once a week, so that's something. I'm going back to grad school next year; I'm just not entirely sure what degree I'll be going for yet. Or, you know, what field. I had a hard enough time choosing my major.

Been lurking for quite some time, enough to know that there is both fun and intelligent conversation to be had here. Hopefully I can contribute to that a bit! Or just not be a detriment to it. That'd be good by me. ;)

BigBearBooth

Postby BigBearBooth » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:00 am UTC

Been doing the lurkage buisness for a while and decided that this forum needed more stupid people so here I am. I'm a third year physicist at Manchester with interests in all sorts of high energy physics and astronomy. Sort of a closet nerd, since I have a shaved head and do some MMA (i.e 'cage fighting'), so people usually seem to assume I'm a cleverly disguised mugger when I wear my uni physics togs.

I cannae think of anything else, so I think it's sign off time :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, I'm 20. And I like stupid/disgusting interweb things.

Tillan

Postby Tillan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:54 pm UTC

Hi, my name is Matt and i'm a XKCDian.

more accurately I'm Male, 24 and live in Liverpool, UK. I'm a bit of a computer and anime geek My favorite anime/manga is Oh My Goddess, and i used to be a regular poster on the Dark Horse forums.

I am a Computer Network Administrator by trade, currently running a base Debian installation, but that may well change soon. Not because i don't like Debian, just because i usually end up changing O/S every few months.

In addition it was the Mornington Crescent thread (in the forum games) that made me stop lurking and actually sign up.
Now work damnit! No, dont carry on posting here, you're a very busy person. work work work!!

captainninjatron

Postby captainninjatron » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:11 pm UTC

Another newbie.
I'm a high school student in the Midwest. Sixteen, female, straight, real name is Lis. I've been reading xkcd for six months or so now and been lurking the fora for three. My best subject in school is English, which I'm beginning to hate, but my favorites are science and history. Math has also recently become fascinating, but as my skills haven't improved, that fascination will probably only manifest as admiration for those who understand it.
Other interests: Chemistry, sci-fi, House, Doctor Who, classic literature, GK Chesterton, Discordianism, Elvis Costello, and, of course, xkcd.
Hello, world! :D

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:15 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Jessica and grew up in the Caribbean, though am currently going to school in the UK (which is where I was born). I am 18 and hoping to apply for medicine this year (had to take a gap year between A-levels for residential reasons so can pay less for uni. I am pretty good at school work (got all A's at A-level in Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry and also an A at AS Russian), however am pretty bad at anything physical (I do have a brown belt and a purple belt in two different styles of karate, Wado Ryu and USA Goju Ryu). Growing up on a small island, I never really had many friends my age that were interested in Scifi and general science, so I love that there are all these people on xkcd who are pretty much like me in that respect :) My favourite author is Terry Pratchett, I love most types of books, though my favourites are scifi and fantasy. I also like languages (have done Spanish and Russian formally, a 24 week enrichment course in British Sign Language and was doing some Chinese on Nevis (Mandarin with traditional characters as my teacher was from Taiwan, but that didn't last long as she left the island).

Sorry for having already posted some things, but have now finally introduced myself, I'm a real person (or at least think I am, I guess I could be a figment of your imagination)
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

vivixx

Postby vivixx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:28 pm UTC

Hello,

I'm a sixth form student in Europe. I'm here because LE4dGOLEM was, well, in my English Language class. We spoke for all of two sessions when we both realised that we kind of circulated the same corner of the Internet. ;)

I'm quite bad at introducing myself. My "interesting item" usually consists of: "I'm a girl."

*ponders*

stolid

Postby stolid » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

My name is Blake. I live in Arkansas (USA) and despite common stereotypes I have a neutral accent and speak proper English. :D I'm in highschool, like xkcd, know a couple programming languages, am very interested in natural languages.
Registered Linux User #555399

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:08 pm UTC

vivixx wrote:Hello,

I'm a sixth form student in Europe. I'm here because LE4dGOLEM was, well, in my English Language class. We spoke for all of two sessions when we both realised that we kind of circulated the same corner of the Internet. ;)

I'm quite bad at introducing myself. My "interesting item" usually consists of: "I'm a girl."

*ponders*

Hey, "I am friends with one of the mods here" isn't interesting?
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

vivixx

Postby vivixx » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:44 pm UTC

LE4dGOLEM wrote:
vivixx wrote:Hello,

*ponders*

Hey, "I am friends with one of the mods here" isn't interesting?

Nepotism! :P

Ish.

Hm.

LE4dGOLEM
is unique......wait, no!!!!

Postby LE4dGOLEM » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 pm UTC

In order to maintain the accuracy of the above post, I may require a time machine.
Image Une See Fights - crayon super-ish hero webcomic!
doogly wrote:It would just be much better if it were not shitty.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:04 am UTC

Well, hello xkcdians.
I'm a nice guy from a third world country (yeah) who seeks to find people with similar tastes. I am quite nerdy!
That said, I hope I learn much with you guys. This seems like the best place to exchange ideas related to science, language, etc. in a relaxed, friendly way.
I'm much of a noob in the internet, so I guess I won't post that often. I don't normally do so if I'm not completely sure of what I'm going to say.
BTW, the comic is excellent. The best one I've seen so far.

Greetings.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Tiggydong

Postby Tiggydong » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 pm UTC

Hi! I'm Tiggy (not my real name obviously, but I like to introduce myself as it)

I'm a 17 year old A level student from Birmingham, doing maths, physics and chemistry.

I smoke a pipe.

I recently stumbled upon this website whilst google image searching the word 'not'. I have no idea why. I'm not sure what I hoped to find by searching for the word 'not', but it was 3am at the time so I had run out of sensible things to search for.

So here I am. Check me out.

Not A Raptor

Postby Not A Raptor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:23 pm UTC

Good day. There's not much interesting to say about me. I'm 16, male, and other than that, I can't say that there's anything more that is worth knowing about me that isn't a personality trait that won't come out in my posts here.
Van wrote:I like simple games.

Like Wizardry.

WARNING: Is acting like NaR.
Kellsbells: NAR is a sillypants
Not_A_Raptor: :p
Kellsbells: That is my expert assessment

felltir
has a sniper scope and a trigger finger.

Postby felltir » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:33 pm UTC

Not A Raptor wrote:Good day. There's not much interesting to say about me. I'm 16, male, and other than that, I can't say that there's anything more that is worth knowing about me that isn't a personality trait that won't come out in my posts here.

Nice name.
Spoiler:
RoadieRich wrote:He's a super flexible furry martial artist from London. She is a Rabbit breeding mad scientist from Michigan. They fight crime!
The Great Hippo wrote:I THINK THE SOLAR SYSTEM MIGHT BE AN ATOM OF OXYGEN.

Blog

he/him/his

Noc
Put on her robe and wizard hat ALL NIGHT LONG

Postby Noc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:36 pm UTC

It's clearly a trick.
Have you given up?

Haistfu

Postby Haistfu » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:52 pm UTC

Hi. My name is Korey.

I ride an Interceptor, fornicate with beautiful women, have fifteen helicopters specially made by Ferrari, can bench press everything with one hand and have never not been a genius. Ever.

If you want to know anything else feel free to check my craigslist ad. Jk. But seriously M4w I'm there :arrow:

felixalias

Postby felixalias » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

Hey XKCD,

I'm Felix, and I'm majoring in CS. A lot of my interests stem from that (I play WoW, as I have a large group of friends that join me to play it); I enjoy a wide variety of music from Ratatat to Rise Against. I also do enjoy photography as a more casual hobby.

Molwen

Postby Molwen » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:05 am UTC

Salutations, this is actually my second post, but I hope you'll forgive me.

Long time reader and lurker, almost registered a few times, but never got around to it until now.
Basic info: Male, 17(almost 18- can't wait)
Self-confessed nerd, but on these forums, who isn't?
Like to read, esp fantasy and sci-fi, play computer games (have a love and hate relationship with WOW), but most of all just amazed at the way that Randall taps into my mind. Wether it be a completely nonsense strip or a heartbreakingly emotional one, nine times out of ten I can completely empathise and thats why it's my favourite webcomic.

bobsbarricades

Postby bobsbarricades » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:22 am UTC

BONJOURNO!!

I am not Italian but one day I do hope to speak their beautiful language!

I'm not too fast on the introductions, and I don't anything as interesting as the alternate history guy but I figured I'd stop in and say, "Hi!' I hope to be more active on here. I studied music in school [Music Technology and Classical Guitar Performance] at a conservatory and didn't really get to pursue sciences or math which sucks, but I did learn a good bit of programming [if not anything you guys would be familiar with... well maybe Max/MSP/Jitter] and want to expand myself. I'm about to move to South Korea [SoKo] and teach English because I well... why not. I'm 23 and it's my time to travel! So wish me luck! I leave end of the coming week.

Anywho, I'll see you guys around on here. I'm happy - I just finished reading all the comics on here :)

tellumo

Postby tellumo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:19 am UTC

Hi! My name is Adam and I post nifty things here.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:30 am UTC

Felltir wrote:
Not A Raptor wrote:Good day. There's not much interesting to say about me. I'm 16, male, and other than that, I can't say that there's anything more that is worth knowing about me that isn't a personality trait that won't come out in my posts here.

Nice name.

There is no reason to suspect that I am a raptor out to get Randall.
... *cough*

And indeed a nice signature to go with it
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

MissingNo

Postby MissingNo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:12 pm UTC

Hello, folks... MissingNo here.

I really don't know what to say in this intro thread.

I'm a 16-year-old male geek in Ogdensburg, New York, about an hour away from the national capital... of Canada. It's fairly boring here in Ogdensburg. Not much to do other than watch everyone do drugs and smoke weed. This town's rampant in drugs from what I've seen at school - they barely enforce anything drug-related.

The one thing my school does (a school of 1000 or so, grades 7-12) is flip out over ANY form of cellphone or laptop. I've managed to violate the cellphone policy 3 or 4 times. If they see the brick in your pocket they demand you hand it over. I see legal issues with that, but I've created some legal issues of my own.

Last year I got suspended 5 days for recording a fight on my cellphone and passing it out to other students who put it on Youtube (it's pulled now). One and a half days back from suspension I get suspended AGAIN for 5 days from the cellphone policy.

But anyways. Ogdensburg is fairly quiet if you take out school and drugs.

Gaaaah, I don't know anything else to say :?

Darryl

Postby Darryl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:41 pm UTC

Okay, my intros always suck horribly.... But here goes anyway.

Name's Darryl, and for one, I'm clearly not very creative with online identities. 23, in Syracuse, NY, and since the name is not actually a dead giveaway on gender, male.

This is still my favorite comic, and the one that got me interested in XKCD, to boot. Just since it's so familiar to me ;). Being as I'm a computer/math geek guy in love with a computer/math geek girl.

As for hobbies, I play City of Heroes while listening to metal and rock. And Monday nights I'm pretty well absorbed in Heroes. And I read comic books, though really just Green Lantern.

Wow, I just realized, that whole thing made me sound even nerdier than I thought.
yurell wrote:We need fewer homoeopaths, that way they'll be more potent!

jkurthy

Postby jkurthy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:42 pm UTC

High

I'm Jeffrey Kurthy and I'm a 22 year old mechanical engineering student at Texas A & M University College Station (whoop!).
Gig 'Em

Sirius B

Postby Sirius B » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

Hi... I'm Rosanna, eighteen, from Hertfordshire in England.

I like learning things, therefore I'm interested in most fields. I'm technically an Art and Design student at the moment (with a bit of English Lit on the side), but I'm reading Physics, Maths and Philosophy at the same time for recreational reasons. I do appallingly in Maths and Science exams, but find humanities tests easy. However, I do much better in classes that pertain to the former. I am a bit hard to understand, but people sometimes get used to me.

Other stuff I like: Linux, OpenBSD, cats, goldfish, getting along with people, reading, singing and aiming for totally unrealistic goals.

Valarauka

Postby Valarauka » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

Hello, folkses. I'm Valarauka, Val for short, 23, male, currently kinda-sorta finishing an MS in CompSci. I've lurked for ages, finally got around to registering. I have lived, at various times, in the US (east coast), Turkey, and Pakistan. My particular geeky passions are computer games of nearly every genre (except sports!), sci-fi and fantasy fiction, and puzzles/programming/math problems (Project Euler-type stuff.)
I have 3 cats, a pair of Siamese by the names of Muad'Dib and Sihaya, and a mongrel stray I found as a teensy kitten, by the name of Gremlin.
The handle started out as "Balrog", but I switched to the Quenya form since it's much less likely to be taken online.
"Ai, ai!" wailed Legolas. "A Balrog! A Balrog is come!"

Ross,

Postby Ross, » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:23 pm UTC

Hey all, I'm Ross, from Herefordshire in England and I've been looking for a slightly more serious foruma. I'm 17 and in my last year of Sixth form (pre-University); my desired course for next year is Computer Science hopefully at Leicester or Aston.

Unfortunately I was first introduced to programming via the HTML/PHP route, although I'm trying to correct that by learning C# in preparation for next year (where I'll hopefully learn something more 'core'). As far as projects go I'm working with a small PHP group creating applications - I won't link to it as a) it seems to be discouraged in my first post and b) there's not a lot too see :)

I'm a long time XKCD reader (and spent a day reading from the start when I first encountered it) and am going to try my luck on these forums for a change :)
Spoiler:
This spoiler is empty.

Dark Lord Of Sheetmetal

Postby Dark Lord Of Sheetmetal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 pm UTC

Greetings! My name is Brian, I live in Ontario New York and I bend sheetmetal all day on a press-brake. Sometimes I cut out shapes with a laser and polish them THEN bend them but mostly I bend stuff. Sheetmetal is a trade rather than a university-program... you take classes but most of your learning comes on the job through an apprenticeship. The computer you are using now most likely has parts that were prototyped by someone like me on a brake-press before being tooled up for mass production.

When I'm not doing that I'm hard at play rotting my mind on video-games or grinding NOOBs into paste on various Star Trek forums. Sometimes I run the Weekly Comic Talk Poll on the Questionable Content forum and piss off all the country music fans. Other hobbies include boycotting tentacle-porn, DWI, sky-diving without a parachute, running over manatees with a speedboat, flying helicopters upside down, biking in the snow and licking poisonous frogs.

Sometimes just for fun I like to capture big moths and deliberately expose them to Swedish pop music.

Gowerly
Toad

Postby Gowerly » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:18 pm UTC

Hi, I'm Dave, I'm 26, I live in the UK, I work at Codemasters, I live in Leamington (it's by Birmingham, if you don't know where that is), and I am saddened that Lantern Corner does not do chocolate malts.

Been reading xkcd for ages, thought I'd join up as the voice in my head telling me I'm annoying people has been quiet recently, so I took that to mean that I'm not annoying enough people.

At some point in my life I did a join degree in Mathematics and Computer Science, but games programming doesn't require a lot of theoretical programming (despite my efforts to introduce it), and thus I've forgotten far too much of it. Oh well.

mat-tina

Postby mat-tina » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:09 pm UTC

MissingNo wrote:Hello, folks... MissingNo here.

I would award you a couple of Internets for your name if I had any to spare. Related: http://www.trsrockin.com/missingno4.html . A pretty interesting read; It hurts my eyes, though.

Dark Lord Of Sheetmetal wrote:Sometimes just for fun I like to capture big moths and deliberately expose them to Swedish pop music.

The horror!

Welcome, new people!
Felltir wrote:has no sig, and therefore something to hide
GENERATION n: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. If n is an even number, divide it by 2. If it's odd, multiply it by 3 and add 1. Prove that this sequence converges to 1 for all n.

rafalk42

A kinda like tribute. [also, introduction]

Postby rafalk42 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:17 pm UTC

Hi, it's my first post in here.
I'm a long time XKCD reader, but never brave enough to register and participate in here...
So here's my welcome gift for all of you, a little tribute towards XKCD.

ImageImage
(yes, right in the middle is my schedule for coming year/2 @ university [of technology])

Hope you like it...
Is it even right forum for an introduction? Not sure...

(I'm stopping here, because otherwise I would go on for a page or two)

Pozdrawiam!

Maybe, just maybe, that thread up the top with "INTRO THREAD" in big capital letters, is the place for an introduction.

darthjoey

Postby darthjoey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 am UTC

Hi, I'm new. I've been reading the comic for months now, and rather enjoy it, especially as I am now taking advanced classes at my school, allowing me to understand some of these things.

AtomicCow

Postby AtomicCow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 am UTC

AtomicDuck wrote:
Spoiler:
Hello! I'm a computer nerd from the Akron/Canton area in Ohio and a cat freak. I spend my days slaving away as a lot guy at the local home improvement store or slaving away at my computer either doing homework or working on the RPG I've been making since my high school days and will probably be making until the end of time due to some setbacks involving dogs, cats, tornadoes, magnets, and God hating my game in general although incarnation 15 should be fine as it's backed up in 12 sources in 3 different states.
I'm on my last semester at Stark State College of Technology, and my top priority besides school is finding a better job, finding a better car (btw Karnach, I agree entirely on Hondas), working on said RPG, and playing with my kitties on my breaks. And reading. God help the poor fool who tries to pry me away from my books.
I'm known mostly as the crazy cat guy, as I have three cats, I talk about them and too them as if they were my kids, and draw cat comics for my co-workers or anyone who wants to see them. Kitties ftw.
Anyway, if given infinite space and infinite time I'd find infinitely more trivial things to infinitely bore you all with, but alas my schedule calls and I must cut my spammiest of posts short. I'll just leave it at it's great to be here :D

I find it weird that you're AtomicDuck, living on the east side of Ohio, and I'm AtomicCow living on the west side of Ohio.

I challenge you to metaphorical combat.

superglucose
hermaj's new favourite

Postby superglucose » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 am UTC

Name's James.

Superglucose, the name of this account, was the product of teenage boys in a rather boring and underwhelming 9th grade biology class. He's a comic book hero, because one of us commented that "Galactose" sounded like a great villain's name. The backup biology teacher got in on the fun, commenting that Fructose had something of a comic-relief side-kick look to it, and thus the Adventures of Super Glucose were born.

There have been two crappy editions ever made. They sucked.

I'm pre-med, though I've had dozens of people tell me I'm wasting my talents (a large number want me to be a philosopher, others physicist, still a final a politician). I want to eventually teach high school. I love Frank Zappa, am a rabid anarchist who understands that anarchy is not practical at this point in time, I write a lot, I can draw though only occasionally...

I think that's enough?

irdsm

Postby irdsm » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:08 am UTC

My name is Dan

High school student, currently 18. Live in Maine and plan to go to UMA to get a 2 year degree in Dental Hygienistry. IQ of 148 or so last time I had it tested (when I was 13). I'm into video games, I own a PS3 and refuse to get a Xbawks, and I also refuse to spell Xbawks correctly. I don't have anything against Xbawks in particular, but paying to pay online and the crappy hardware (red lights of death) don't sit well with me. I own 3 saltwater aquarium systems. One of them is a 65 gallon hex seahorse tank (with pipefish, a jawfish, a yellow clown goby, and a cardinal), the other is a 30 gallon puffer tank (valentini puffer), and the other is a system of 3 ten gallons hooked together. My mantis shrimp that used to live in those died recently. Thats pretty much it.

Dan

Bondidude

Postby Bondidude » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:36 pm UTC

My name is Ben, and I'm an xkcd-aholic.

My first xkcd comic was about a year ago when my girlfriend sent me a link and said "Hey, this is funny." I thought it was quite funny and then began reading them at random until I had completely read the entire Randal Munroe catalog.

My last xkcd was this morning... I got to work and realized that it was Wednesday and logged onto to find a new comic. I was amused, I laughed, I cried, I got angry (Spores DRM sucks), and then I went back to working.

I work as a Web Designer for a small start up company that specialises in form processing and filling technologies, especially those dealing with criminal record relief. Think of Turbo Tax for ex-cons. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Currently I'm obcessed with Lego Batman, the entire Traveler's Tales game catalog is excellent though and I would highly recommend any of them.

I also have a ball pit, which is why I'm here, seeking ball pit construction advice as I need to revamp it.
"Chess is such a difficult game. Sooo many pieces." - Rivers Cuomo, Chess

Return to “General”