What's with this kid at school?

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Who's wrong?

You
94%
Him
3%
Both of you
No votes
Both of you, but you more so
3%
Both of you, but him more so
No votes

Total votes: 33

conservativekid

What's with this kid at school?

Postby conservativekid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:29 pm UTC

I am in 7th grade, and last year, I met this kid a year older than me (the grade above me), and we became friends. However, he has many problems. For example, he gets mad at me when I'm being nice and trying to help him, such as one time last June when I asked him if he wanted to make more friends as I know he has ADD and has some trouble with that, but he got mad at me and asked me who told him that!

He also tattles on others, such as last month when my best friend said that "god won't let them(gays) in". He got mad just because he's bisexual and he told a teacher even after I told him that those were his beliefs and he should respect them, but he did anyway and he got him suspended for 2 days! Also, another time last spring, I took out my ipod in the hall to record him for a funny video of a meteor special effect crashing into him. He told me to stop recording him, so I told him I wasn't (it's not his business), and afterwards I showed hm the video. He got mad and told me to delete it! I said no, but he kept telling me! He told a teacher about this and I got suspended for a week! Even my parents didn't understand, and grounded me for the week and made me write an apology letter!

He also has weird intrests. For example, he is starting to watch this anime called "One Piece", and anime is just weird! He also plays kiddie video game consoles such as the 3DS and Wii U!

Nowadays, he won't even talk to me, and ignores me whenever I try to start a conversation with him.

Could anyone please understand my situation?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: What's with this kid at school?

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:42 pm UTC

So much wrong on your end.

Don't assume shit. Don't help someone who isn't asking for help and isn't endangering themselves.

Why would you video someone after they asked you not to? Cops, Military or politicians is one thing, but pretty much anyone else...why? That's dickish. Don't be a dick.

Your other friend holds the beliefs of his/her asshole parents. Disassociate. No one can speak for any God.

There's nothing kiddie about Nintendo's offerings. Anime is anime, who gives a shit?

You're an asshole. That's the situation. Then again, I'm assuming this is a trolling attempt anyway, so either way you're an asshole.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:52 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote: I'm assuming this is a trolling attempt anyway, so either way you're an asshole.

The username is "conservativekid", so yeah.
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:59 pm UTC

Yeah, but... 7th grade kids are barely old enough to use the forum anyway. So they're stupid. All of them.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

To try to give a less.... angry response, in possibility that this is somehow true (although I'm not quite so sure xkcd often attracts this demographic)

conservativekid wrote:I am in 7th grade, and last year, I met this kid a year older than me (the grade above me), and we became friends. However, he has many problems. For example, he gets mad at me when I'm being nice and trying to help him, such as one time last June when I asked him if he wanted to make more friends as I know he has ADD and has some trouble with that, but he got mad at me and asked me who told him that!

Such issues can be sensitive topics. You could also be wrong and he could be annoyed. While the effort might have been genuine on your part, he may feel insulted.

conservativekid wrote:He also tattles on others, such as last month when my best friend said that "god won't let them(gays) in". He got mad just because he's bisexual and he told a teacher even after I told him that those were his beliefs and he should respect them, but he did anyway and he got him suspended for 2 days!

While those may be his beliefs, and he has the right to hold them, it's an extremely insulting thing to tell someone. Nobody is required to respect one's beliefs, simply to respect the right of having them. Nevertheless it is something rude to say and express and such views (which personally I consider wrong, and insulting) and they should be kept private, or at least be professed respectfully.

conservativekid wrote:Also, another time last spring, I took out my ipod in the hall to record him for a funny video of a meteor special effect crashing into him. He told me to stop recording him, so I told him I wasn't (it's not his business), and afterwards I showed hm the video. He got mad and told me to delete it! I said no, but he kept telling me! He told a teacher about this and I got suspended for a week! Even my parents didn't understand, and grounded me for the week and made me write an apology letter!

Actually, him being filmed is... well.. entirely his business. Its his business more than anybody elses. You have no right to film him and use him in a video without permission more than I do to sneak up to your window and record whatever you do at night. And.... a meteor crashing into him? My friend, people usually do not enjoy that.

conservativekid wrote:He also has weird intrests. For example, he is starting to watch this anime called "One Piece", and anime is just weird! He also plays kiddie video game consoles such as the 3DS and Wii U!

He who does something he enjoys because he enjoys it has more wisdom than he who does something he does not because others hold it acceptable.

Case in point, you think it's weird, he doesn't, many people do not, and he's pretty content going around his business.

Now, while trolling can be a very likely factor here (you have one post) I will leave this here on the off chance it's not. I had to kill time.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:00 am UTC

Wow, I hope I wasn't this much of a fuckwit when I was in 7th grade.

Wow.
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

teelo

Postby teelo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:37 am UTC

Holy "first world problems" batman.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 am UTC

He also has weird intrests. For example, he is starting to watch this anime called "One Piece", and anime is just weird! He also plays kiddie video game consoles such as the 3DS and Wii U!

This part definitely wiggles my troll sensor.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:Wow, I hope I wasn't this much of a fuckwit when I was in 7th grade.

Wow.

I probably was.

:(

Then again, Internet wasn't really a thing then, so pretty much none of it is recorded. So... Silver lining and all that.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:04 pm UTC

:(

I at least have internet records to fall back upon to try to evaluate my past-self with. I pity those significantly older than me.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:23 pm UTC

Yeah, I've got a binder with some short stories and some poetry and I really should just burn those as holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

I want to smack 14 year old me so hard.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:25 pm UTC

Oh my god no, grab a tumblr and post those over the course of a few months. It'll be the most painful amazing tumblr ever. An educational tool!

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

Wednesday wrote:Wow, I hope I wasn't this much of a fuckwit when I was in 7th grade.

Wow.

I was pretty bad. I have a couple old journals lying around that are veritable neutron stars of narcissism, self-pity and angst. My parents also saved my summer camp letters, many of which are about how in love with Becca I was and how my life is over because she broke up with me.

My brother is 10 years my junior, and I remember when he turned 15 or so he started acting like a real douchebag. I didn't get it, until a friend reminded me he was 15.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm UTC

I know there was a time when I was a teenager where I went through a "everything must be logical" phase, which really just turned into using logic for really terrible opinions and worldview.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:19 pm UTC

592, only replace sex with "Everything" and "Holy shit, people are complicate" with "People are just too stupid to see the logical answer" and.. yeah. Me.

And pseudo too, apparently.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

MAYBE WE'RE TWINS SEPARATED AT BIRTH

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:47 pm UTC

It could also be time travel. That would be logical.

teenidle

Postby teenidle » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am UTC

3rdtry

Postby 3rdtry » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm UTC

I read the posts on this forum by my previous account, and god they're embarrassing.

3-years-ago me was such an immature person. I'm glad I grew up.

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:04 pm UTC

3rdtry wrote:I read the posts on this forum by my previous account, and god they're embarrassing.

3-years-ago me was such an immature person. I'm glad I grew up.

You'll say the same thing in 3 more years :)
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

I've gone over the last page of posts I made 7 years ago, and I really don't find much to cringe about. I had a greater tendency to say "I hate this thing", I used more smileys, and to forget to capitalize my "I"s occasionally.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:24 pm UTC

I took a look back just now, since my lovely fifteen-year-old self is nicely immortalised here, and realised that I wasn't quite as bad as I remembered. I also realised that I've changed a lot more than I thought I had.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:43 pm UTC

Never say anything to anyone. You'll only regret it later.

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:42 pm UTC

Yes, I wish I could erase younger me and the things that I said. I am, however, still fully willing to back 15 year old me getting into an argument with my English teacher about romantic films in which the woman gives up her prominent job and fulfilling life for a dude that she met two weeks ago because it is not, nor has ever been 'the dream' at least for me.
eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:10 pm UTC

But are you still proposing to lots of people on the internet?

And is TD still keeping a list?

Pingouin7

Postby Pingouin7 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 pm UTC

I used to type stuff like "ull" instead of "you'll" and "2" instead of "to", but nothing much worse.
Dason wrote:
Kewangji wrote:I confess I am actually scared of peanuts, and tend to avoid them, given how lethal they are to some people.

I'm not. I do my part in the fight against peanuts by destroying them with my powerful teeth. Take that peanut! How does being digested feel!?

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:46 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:But are you still proposing to lots of people on the internet?

And is TD still keeping a list?

I do on occasion. I believe TD is still keeping a list for me so that when the time comes for people to ask my dad 'for permission', they can form an orderly queue so that he can tell them that he doesn't care.

I hope that if anyone ever asks for my dad's permission, he tells them no. That would be beautiful.

And anyway, marrying people is tots fine, it's just the giving up my whole life dream for someone else - not sure how much I could do that. I would expect anyone I proposed to on the interwebs would understand that, being the fine and groovy cats that they are.
eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

So we're turning this into a "dear god how stupid was I [x] years ago" thread?

stickler

Postby stickler » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

Being (or coming across as) nice is a lot harder than being nasty. You say you offered to try and help him to make friends.

I will try and get you to look at it from a different angle.

I am going to paraphrase your 'act of kindness':
  • "You don't have any friends" (insult),
  • "You can't make friends by yourself" (patronising insult),
  • "This is because of one of your weaknesses, ADD" (few people, especially kids, like their weaknesses brought up),
  • "I can help you" (implies that you are superior).
You say he didn't take it that well? (rhetorical question)

Further on:
When your backwards and prejudiced friend (hopefully he will grow out of it) essentially told your friend that he was going to hell, he got upset. You then reassured him by saying that his feeling were less important than the beliefs of this fuckwit (again he has time to grow up). He then went to someone who might support him who happened have the power (and duty) reprimand your callous friend.

Did you really give him a better option?

Everything else has been comprehensively covered. (But I will ask if you would mind if I made a video exposing how stupid you were and telling everyone that you secretly love you English teacher, then sent it to you entire school and parents? He doesn't know what you were going to do with the video.)

Get back to us.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm UTC

Djehutynakht wrote:So we're turning this into a "dear god how stupid was I [x] years ago" thread?
It's better than how it started.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 am UTC

Well, until the OP returns...

Return to “General”