Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Pirate.Bondage

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with 20% more fungus!)

Postby Pirate.Bondage » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:28 pm UTC

ethraax wrote:
Pirate.Bondage wrote:I adopt freshmen each year. My freshmen from last year bends over when I tell him to :D That's about as inappropriate as it gets.

The freshmen this year suck but today I found one who's adorable.

Now I'm not looking forward to starting college as much.

Haha guys I'm in high school. When I adopt freshmen I pretty much just protect them [sometimes older kids treat them bad, but nothing serious]. And I get to hug them and pet them whenever I want.
Life is beautiful.
Spoiler:
Irrefutable wrote:you are so lovely

emceng wrote:Then the sausage says, "I have 1 kid, and raging genital herpes." Get the fuck away from me sausage!!!

sje46 wrote:Do... do you want to marry me?

Chai Kovsky

Postby Chai Kovsky » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm UTC

I have a crowd of friends that collects freshman pets. I'm treated more like a grown-up person than they, even though I'm a freshman. However, this crowd of friends is 850 miles away. I hate having a bigger group of college friends at another college than I have here. Especially when I only knew ONE of them from high school--the rest of them I met at that college :(

Maybe when I'm older I'll have freshman pets, even though I'm sad I'm no one's pet.

RT: why the hell are people called freshman/sophomores/etc in high school AND college? It just leads to confusion like this!
Spoiler:
kellsbells wrote:¡This Chai is burning me!
Chai Kovsky wrote:I can kill you with my brain.

That is all.
superglucose wrote:In other words: LISTEN TO CHAI.
Delayra wrote:Yet another brilliant idea from Chai!

I <3 Pirate.Bondage!

Briareos

Postby Briareos » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm UTC

Chai Kovsky wrote:RT: why the hell are people called freshman/sophomores/etc in high school AND college? It just leads to confusion like this!
At my college, we called 'em first-, second-, and so on up to nth-years.
Sandry wrote:Bless you, Briareos.

Blriaraisghaasghoasufdpt.
Oregonaut wrote:Briareos is my new bestest friend.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 pm UTC

I also call the first year grad students freshman, but none of them bend over or bring me drinks when I yell at them. Very disappointing.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

Chai Kovsky wrote:RT: why the hell are people called freshman/sophomores/etc in high school AND college? It just leads to confusion like this!

why do you have silly names at ANY level?

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:51 pm UTC

Briareos wrote:
At my college, we called 'em first-, second-, and so on up to nth-years.

At the USCGA, they're named similarly, except you start as a 4th year and end as a 1st year. Of course, being a military academy, your year probably has a much greater impact on your experience there than in most colleges. Strict rules about what year you get what privileges, etc.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:52 pm UTC

Baldur wrote:The filters are all gone! Well, not all of them, just the latest ones.
I miss them. Especially ninja. Though did they keep LMAO, ROFL, WTF and FTW? EDIT: Guess not.

Re: Freshman pets. I guess I was part co-owner of a small group (harem?) of people from the year below in high school. Maybe I can retake them this year when a few come to uni. Hmmm...

Uni starts on Monday! Yay! But all my stuff is a mess. Crap. Guess that's where some of my weekend is going.

RT: 4
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:03 pm UTC

Luthen wrote:Uni starts on Monday!

wow. i've been going to uni for two weeks already... :/

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 pm UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:

I've been going since over a month . . .
And it's called COLLEGE, not Uni. That's stupid. You english folks say stupid things. Leave me alone.

EDIT: (Australian counts as English)
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm UTC

See, in the UK, we start up the academic year in September/October. So you guys are all weird doing stuff now. I have about two weeks left of second term. Yeah. Take that. I'm almost a graduate, in fact.

ethraax

Postby ethraax » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:28 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:See, in the UK, we start up the academic year in September/October. So you guys are all weird doing stuff now. I have about two weeks left of second term. Yeah. Take that. I'm almost a graduate, in fact.

That's when I'm used to starting in the US. Most pre-college schools tend to start near Sept. 1st, and colleges seem to start 2-3 weeks later. In fact all my classes are coming up on mid-terms very soon (the college ones).

Also, my high school doesn't end until fucking June 23rd. That's so late. Thankfully all my college courses end in early May, along with AP Stats, so the only class that continues until June is my English.
Meowgan wrote:It's just like knitting, but with less knitting.

Jadestone

Postby Jadestone » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 pm UTC

Ahhhg *headdesk*

The library's copy of Watchmen is still out, and 2 people have it on hold after that. How am I supposed to get a copy before the movie comes out?

(Won't be able to go to the bookstore for a while, and I can't buy things online x_x)

I'm to the point where I am considering seeing if it's illegally online or something...
Kokopelli for President

"Life's a beach. Then you die." -Terry Prattchet

"We are all of us alone in this world."

Cpl. Octopus

Postby Cpl. Octopus » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:39 pm UTC

Oh it is.
SDIX wrote:you are so hot!!!!!

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 pm UTC

Cpl. Octopus wrote:Oh it is.
Yeah, but so is everything.
500%!

Jacque
a member of shro's band

Postby Jacque » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:48 pm UTC

ethraax wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:See, in the UK, we start up the academic year in September/October. So you guys are all weird doing stuff now. I have about two weeks left of second term. Yeah. Take that. I'm almost a graduate, in fact.

That's when I'm used to starting in the US. Most pre-college schools tend to start near Sept. 1st, and colleges seem to start 2-3 weeks later. In fact all my classes are coming up on mid-terms very soon (the college ones).

Also, my high school doesn't end until fucking June 23rd. That's so late. Thankfully all my college courses end in early May, along with AP Stats, so the only class that continues until June is my English.

My college here in the US starts September 5th usually. And classes end round April 21st. Commencement is shortly thereafter.

elminster

Postby elminster » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:41 am UTC

elminster wrote:...PC is running a low level file recovery software (Pretty good one at that, it's been able to recover from completely inaccessible drives), but all I can do is wait... 2hrs.
Huzzah! It worked! This is where problem #2 arises:
What to do with 267764 unnamed files...

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:19 am UTC

Séance. I never thought about how it's essentially the same word as a movie session in Russian. Eh, probably came to them both through French.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

InstinctSage

Postby InstinctSage » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:22 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Teapot wrote:How can I say to someone (in a text) "you hung up on me" without using the letter g, h, i, p, q, r or s? I think I might need to buy a new phone...

You canceled the call on me

I would have gone with:

"Das call cut out. Movable telefone busted on me due to wetness on das telefone, talk soon."

This is fun. Give me some more!

Crap! No S!

"Dazz call cut out. Movable telefone buzted on me due to wetnezz on dazz telefone, talk zoon."
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

Sungura
When life gives you banananas, make bananana bread

Postby Sungura » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:52 am UTC

Re: Freshman pets
Wow, my two friends and I did this in middle school...we were in 8th grade and we each adopted a 6th grade buddy. My brother and I are two grades apart. Leanne adopted my brother. It was awesomely funny, and my brother hated it. He ignored her. I forget who my buddy was...:?
"Would you rather fight a Sungura-sized spider or 1000 spider-sized Sunguras?" -Zarq
she/<any gender neutral>/snug

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 am UTC

On Freshmen pets: In high school, the freshmen class was in a separate building a few blocks away, so if anything, people adopted sophomore pets but still called them freshmen.

Thought: I've been having difficulty with my preferred wireless networks lately. Thank the Forerunners for insecure "linksys" networks, ja?
多么现在棕色母牛?

sje46

Postby sje46 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 am UTC

benjhuey wrote:On Freshmen pets: In high school, the freshmen class was in a separate building a few blocks away, so if anything, people adopted sophomore pets but still called them freshmen.
Eek! My high school is seperating the freshman off, in order so they integrate better. This makes so little sence to me. They're getting their own building, away from the rest of campus (my high school has about 10 or so major academic buildings).

So dumb.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 am UTC

I've been watchinv RvB recently. It makes me want to buy an xbox 360 and buy Halo 3 and Halo Wars :(
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:38 am UTC

sje46 wrote:Eek! My high school is seperating the freshman off, in order so they integrate better. This makes so little sence to me. They're getting their own building, away from the rest of campus (my high school has about 10 or so major academic buildings).
Though gradual integration was not the purpose of having the freshen class separated, I thought it worked fairly well. We could have used a few more buildings, however. That place was so damned overcrowded.
Hit3k wrote:I've been watchinv RvB recently.
I don't know that I ever finished the series. They took too long to make and I forgot about them after a while.
多么现在棕色母牛?

sje46

Postby sje46 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:02 am UTC

It's not gradual though . .it's delaying it for a year. And the bullying problem (which is the reasoning behind it) is basically nonexistent. If there is bullying, I bet its less than that of the average school. I mean, there are so many students here (3,500) that you can't know if someone is a freshman or not.
I mean, it would take a Freshman a couple of weeks to get used to the school, really. Sure, someone may try to sell him some tickets to the pool on the top of the science building (I don't think anyone has actually fell for that), but the bullying is a figment of the administrations imagination.
Bah! Whatever, I don't go there anymore.

benjhuey

Postby benjhuey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:17 am UTC

sje46 wrote:Bah! Whatever, I don't go there anymore.
That's the spirit!
多么现在棕色母牛?

InstinctSage

Postby InstinctSage » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:18 am UTC

They separated the Year 7s in my high school, and a Yaer 12 would be their 'buddy' but it wasn't a big deal or anything. I don't remember who my buddy was in either case. The year 8s and 9s were together and passed the 7s in the halls and such, because that was all in one half of the campus.

The 10s, 11s and 12s were all together in the lower half of the campus, and pretty much you weren't allowed on the opposite half of the campus during break times and stuff. Of course there were shared classrooms and auditoriums and stuff, but you weren't going in them during break times either, so it worked pretty well. Everyone pretty much stayed with people in their own year level. There were a few that hung out with people a year above or below, but you pretty much ignored each other and stuck to the friends you had in your own year.
nightlina wrote:We get stick insects here.. they're pretty cool and stick-like.

eternal luna

Postby eternal luna » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:37 am UTC

That's odd. My school does everything it can to foster inter-grade relationships.

Edit: singular, not plural.
Alexius:-Охуели? Нахуя дохуя хуйний нахуярили? Расхуяривай нахуй!
-Хули? Нихуя! Нехуй расхуяривать! Нахуячено нехуёво! Похуярили!
Gojoe: We are all inferior to you luna.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:07 am UTC

Hit3k wrote:I've been watchinv RvB recently. It makes me want to buy an xbox 360 and buy Halo 3 and Halo Wars :(
As have I. Have you been watching them online? Or do you have the five season box set (like me). Its annoying because I still can't find reconstruction out here.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 am UTC

ACU-LP wrote:
Hit3k wrote:I've been watchinv RvB recently. It makes me want to buy an xbox 360 and buy Halo 3 and Halo Wars :(
As have I. Have you been watching them online? Or do you have the five season box set (like me). Its annoying because I still can't find reconstruction out here.

Online, which SUCKS because I got to the last few episodes of season 3 and got fucked by their sponsorship thing. I did watch Reconstruction though. That was awesome. Caboose rocks.
Luthen wrote:Uni starts on Monday! Yay!

Yay! Maths lecture at 8:30 for me! You only have one post till you're 1000th. BETTER BE EPIC.

EDIT: Joss Whedon's new series 'Dollhouse' is pretty good so far.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 am UTC

Hit3k wrote:
ACU-LP wrote:
Online, which SUCKS because I got to the last few episodes of season 3 and got fucked by their sponsorship thing. I did watch Reconstruction though. That was awesome. Caboose rocks.
And therein lies the one time youtube becomes handy.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

Luthen

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with bonus cryptic crossword!)

Postby Luthen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:56 am UTC

W00T! 1000th Post! W00T!
To share my disproportionate amusement I have crafted an amateur cryptic crossword themed on xkcd, the fora and the Mod's recent fun with awesomification. This means some of the answers won't be found in the dictionary.

Code: Select all

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
|1  |###|2  |   |   |###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|
|___|###|___|___|___|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|
|   |###|   |###|###|3  |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |
|___|###|___|###|###|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
|   |###|   |###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|
|___|###|___|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|
|4  |   |   |   |   |###|5  |   |   |   |   |   |   |
|___|___|___|___|___|###|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
|   |###|   |###|###|###|   |###|###|###|###|###|###|
|___|###|___|###|###|###|___|###|###|###|###|###|###|
|   |###|   |###|6  |   |   |   |   |   |   |###|7  |
|___|###|___|###|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|###|___|
|   |###|###|###|###|###|   |###|###|###|###|###|   |
|___|###|###|###|###|###|___|###|###|###|###|###|___|
|   |###|8  |   |   |   |   |   |   |###|9  |###|   |
|___|###|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|###|___|###|___|
|###|###|###|###|###|###|   |###|###|###|   |###|   |
|###|###|###|###|###|###|___|###|###|###|___|###|___|
|10 |   |   |   |   |   |   |###|11 |   |   |   |   |
|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|###|___|___|___|___|___|
|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|   |###|   |
|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|___|###|___|
|12 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |###|###|   |###|   |
|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|###|###|___|###|___|
|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|13 |   |   |###|   |
|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|###|___|___|___|###|___|

Across:
2 & 3: I'm (3,8)
4: Mail initially takes short streets to respond (5)
5: Our consciences hold the search for truth (7)
6: Belial's fun turns mist around rights (6)
8: Initially it's true that raging, abuse 'n' tiredness vent (3:4)
10ac, 11ac & 9dn: A piece of area hypothesises truly about reference (7,5,6)
12 & 13: With style he can ably hack gut messily (5,3,3)

Down:
1: Abacus' small company places concerns back (8)
2: Accidents edited edits (6)
5: Disturbed southern maracas without a scornful tone(7)
7: Red text emits odd changes (3,5)
9: See 10 across

EDIT: Answers and explanations!!

Spoiler:
Across:
2 & 3: I'm (3,8)
Answer: One Thousand
Explanation: Roman numerals I and M, plus I was at 1000 posts so "I'm 1000" was kinda accurate
4: Mail initially takes short streets to respond (5)
Answer: Posts
Explanation: The initials of a post office are PO and the abbreviation of streets would be sts so PO + sts = posts
5: Our consciences hold the search for truth (7)
Answer: Science
Explanation: Science is inside consciences
6: Belial's fun turns mist around rights (6)
Answer: Trrrism
Explanation: Scramble mist to tism and put rrr (three rights) in it for what Belial did
8: Initially it's true that raging, abuse 'n' tiredness vent (3:4)
Answer: ITT:Rant
Explanation: Just the first letters the seven words after initially: It's True That Raging Abuse N Tiredness = ITT:Rant
10ac, 11ac & 9dn: A piece of area hypothesises truly about reference (7,5,6)
Answer: Quantum Field Theory
Explanation: A joke about QFT's filter and a piece=quantum, area=field and hypothesis=theory
12 & 13: With style he can ably hack gut messily (5,3,3)
Answer: Black Hat Guy
Explanation: Messily tells us to scramble "ably hack gut" and he is after all stylish

Down:
1: Abacus' small company places concerns back (8)
Answer: Computer
Explanation: Abacus was the filter for calculator and superabacus for computer, but small company=com, places=put and concerns=re but re back is er so com+put+er
2: Accidents edited edits (6)
Answer: Oopses
Explanation: Filter for edit was oops and so editing (filtering) edits gives oopses, or accidents
5: Disturbed southern maracas without a scornful tone(7)
Answer: Sarcasm
Explanation: Scramble s (from southern) and maracs (without a) to give sarcasm
7: Red text emits odd changes (3,5)
Answer: Mod Edits
Explanation: Changes tell us to scramble "emitsodd" to Mod Edits which are in red text
9: See 10 across
Answer: See above
Explanation: Duh, see above

sje46 wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:

And it's called COLLEGE, not Uni. That's stupid. You english folks say stupid things. Leave me alone. EDIT: (Australian counts as English)
That's just confusing. My high school was called X College (Cause we were X-men), the colleges at uni are the residential colleges next to the uni. They're far from compulsory but have privileges (and fees).
Hit3k wrote:Yay! Maths lecture at 8:30 for me! You only have one post till you're 1000th. BETTER BE EPIC.
Was it epic enough? I notice you didn't PM me any suggestions. I have a Multivariable Vector Calculus Lecture at 9am. I'm so screwed. (See my latest post in the Maths Joke thread. I failed to integrate 2x dx properly).

eternal luna wrote:That's odd. My school does everything it can to foster inter-grade relationships. Edit: singular, not plural.
In my second last year my high school moved from "horizontal" homerooms to "vertical" tute groups. So went from having a class of my friend who I'd be in ~90% of my classes with, to having just three people from my year in my class. It was really pointless though, tute was just 10min at the start of each day anyway.
Last edited by Luthen on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:35 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 am UTC

existential_elevator wrote:See, in the UK, we start up the academic year in September/October. So you guys are all weird doing stuff now.
Weird stuff like deciding to have our academic year out of sync with the calendar year?

Fleeted thought: Sometimes things are not as hard as you thought they would be, even though you thought they would not be hard.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 am UTC

InstinctSage wrote:They separated the Year 7s in my high school, and a Yaer 12 would be their 'buddy' but it wasn't a big deal or anything. I don't remember who my buddy was in either case. The year 8s and 9s were together and passed the 7s in the halls and such, because that was all in one half of the campus.

The 10s, 11s and 12s were all together in the lower half of the campus, and pretty much you weren't allowed on the opposite half of the campus during break times and stuff. Of course there were shared classrooms and auditoriums and stuff, but you weren't going in them during break times either, so it worked pretty well. Everyone pretty much stayed with people in their own year level. There were a few that hung out with people a year above or below, but you pretty much ignored each other and stuck to the friends you had in your own year.

my primary school did the buddy thing, but not my highschool.

also, my high school segregated year 11 and 12 from the rest of the students, but that was it. It kinda sucked because my group of friends was fairly evenly split over my year group, and the one above and below mine. So once i hit year 10, we had to start trying to find 'neutral' areas where teachers would not try to kick out the seniors or juniors... :/

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 am UTC

i don't know about adopting freshman really, but i have always been prone to "adopting"/protecting the really really weird ones, like the ones who no one likes, no idea why.
ImageImageImageImageImage

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:02 am UTC

JayDee wrote:
existential_elevator wrote:See, in the UK, we start up the academic year in September/October. So you guys are all weird doing stuff now.
Weird stuff like deciding to have our academic year out of sync with the calendar year?
Whatever. I bet your fiscal year also starts at a so-called "sensible" time of year, Mr Smarty-pants.
Though, like, I think school years tend to be in sync with seasons. You don't want to bundle a whole load of kids into a classroom in the middle of summer and then give them winter off. That would suck.

tina-mat

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (now with bonus cryptic crossword!)

Postby tina-mat » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:03 am UTC

Luthen wrote:
sje46 wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:

And it's called COLLEGE, not Uni. That's stupid. You english folks say stupid things. Leave me alone. EDIT: (Australian counts as English)
That's just confusing. My high school was called X College (Cause we were X-men), the colleges at uni are the residential colleges next to the uni. They're far from compulsory but have privileges (and fees).
To make it even more confusing: The direct translation of "high school" to Swedish is a kind of university.
Maybe a fool that neglects the lilies of FG.
poxic wrote:Y'know, tina-mat, I hadn't realised until today that your avatar was a stabby little girl. I just thought she was wanking her ponytails.
Box Boy wrote:tina-mat is my lord and master.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:05 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
JayDee wrote:
Whatever. I bet your fiscal year also starts at a so-called "sensible" time of year, Mr Smarty-pants.
Though, like, I think school years tend to be in sync with seasons. You don't want to bundle a whole load of kids into a classroom in the middle of summer and then give them winter off. That would suck.
I think JayDee was just being sarcastic. We're just lucky that seasons match the calendar for us (i.e.Jan=summer=start). Though our fiscal year is crazily in July. We don't know why. (Rhyming intentional).

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:07 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:Though, like, I think school years tend to be in sync with seasons. You don't want to bundle a whole load of kids into a classroom in the middle of summer and then give them winter off. That would suck.

Hell, I would -love- moar time off over winter to go skiing...

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:21 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:Whatever. I bet your fiscal year also starts at a so-called "sensible" time of year, Mr Smarty-pants.
No, it's at a silly time. I'd expect no better from accounting types.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 pm UTC

I think the idea is that, since all your staff are wanting to spend the end of the year celebrating Christmas, and Summer, and all other manner of holiday-type stuff, you want to try to avoid having to do all your end-of-year finances at the same time, and instead do them at the end of June, when your accountants are actually thinking about work...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Return to “General”