Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

The Cat

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts (Random like the plague)

Postby The Cat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:12 pm UTC

I'm just studying the field. Very kind informative, thank you.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm UTC

Federal return = $2260
State return = $253

It's like Christmas in January! :D
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Baldur

Postby Baldur » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:27 pm UTC

Turns out, my report isn't due until Friday. No early morning finishes for me! Half now, half tomorrow. Also, booyah-sucks to the girl on my course who seems to think her course notes are my lookout. You live ten minutes from the college, get off yer arse and get the notes (which I don't have either, but am coping without) yourself!
Gojoe wrote:YOU ARE NOT LOLSAUR AT ALL ARE YOU!

phlip wrote:Hey, you never know, it could have been Baldur...

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:39 pm UTC

I need a new cel phone, since my current one goes from full power (2 bars out of 4) to dead battery in less than 24 hours. Anyone have any suggestions for a good, reliable cel phone*?

* It doesn't need to take pictures, play mp3s, have a keyboard, or do anything other than SEND AND RECEIVE VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS.

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:52 pm UTC

Oh, I see. So who was on deck? Me?

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I need a new cel phone, since my current one goes from full power (2 bars out of 4) to dead battery in less than 24 hours. Anyone have any suggestions for a good, reliable cel phone*?

* It doesn't need to take pictures, play mp3s, have a keyboard, or do anything other than SEND AND RECEIVE VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS.
I've had my Motorola Razr for a while (4 years, probably) and I've always been very happy with it.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Lemony

Postby Lemony » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:25 pm UTC

I have the internet back! I have no idea how I survived without it for three days.

Flightless_bird

Postby Flightless_bird » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm UTC

Lemony wrote:I have the internet back! I have no idea how I survived without it for three days.

Thats horrible! I don't know how I would survive.Though I have become less dependent these last few months.
Trying is the first step towards failure

Lemony

Postby Lemony » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:39 pm UTC

I've become quite dependent on it having just moved away from home. I moved into the Halls at University at the weekend not realising that I could only get it when University opened, then wait 24 hours for them to connect it, so i've had to go the last few days without being able to talk to anyone back home. Hopefully things will get better.

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:I need a new cel phone, since my current one goes from full power (2 bars out of 4) to dead battery in less than 24 hours. Anyone have any suggestions for a good, reliable cel phone*?

I've had my Motorola Razr for a while (4 years, probably) and I've always been very happy with it.

Haha, I was about to say don't get a Razr. I had one for work that I thankfully just got rid of. Without making a single call, the battery would last maybe 20 hours. It also had a god awful annoyingly loud beep to let you know that the battery was dying - and it repeated every 5 minutes loud enough to wake me up from two rooms away many times.

I also have a Sprint or whoever Katana. Essentially a competing phone. I have had no issues with it, and I can go for days without charging it.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title

Postby bigglesworth » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm UTC

My Razr was fine for about 12 months until it refused to charge any more.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm UTC

My LG's worked great for three years (except for it's complete inability to use ANY of it's web features), but starting a month ago the battery's just been really, really lame. Razr looks pretty good... I guess everything comes with a camera these days.

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain

Postby thicknavyrain » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 pm UTC

How the fuck did Smeagol shrink into Gollum? What, humans of middle earth have malleable bones or something? Also, I have a feeling my feeling that it's possible to use a superconductors for free energy won't work because I'm an idiot as far as real Physicists are concerned. Oh well, worth trying anyway...

Also "You would make a good boyfriend" and "You would make a good dad" in the space of 5 minutes from different groups of people. Evolutionary psychology at work? Although Evo-psych is bollocks at points. Also, maybe there's some way of using the formula of a circle and it's diameter to work out an exact value of pi, but I'm sure the maths geniuses or genii would have worked it out by now.

Also, why does the GBA still look sexy with GBC and GB games in it? What devilry of genius is this? Is devilry a word? Why do I find certain physical characteristics attractive? What possible biological purpose could they serve? What IS a lathe? I know you cut stuff on it...

FUCK, I didn't get round to working on that comic. TOMORROW, definitely. Actually it HAS to be tomorrow because she wanted it by Friday. Bumfluff. 48 line poem on promises...I wonder if Cambridge or the judging panel allow for gratuitous but relevant swearing. WHY can't I be as active and motivated as Batman? Sure my parents weren't killed at the hand of a criminal but that's not IT! Lots of people's parents are, Bruce just had will of steel!

Why is it when I stare off into space, I just happen to end up looking at the same person over and over again? I'm sure they must be creeped out by now. Also, I think I'm the first person to type up the lyrics to Marigold by Sulek, the guy on youtube seemed happy I worked them out for him. But it was actually for me. I get the saying "some days you're the pigeon, others the statue" but statues don't give a fuck. I mean, come on, I could come up with something better...

FUCK, I can't believe I wrote this much. But all of it makes sense, it's not just a random string of letters, and even if it were it wouldn't be TRULY random. wefiwhfiuhwa, see? it's all letters that were on the sides of the keyboard, not random at all and I could tell my fingers went down in a repetitive motion and it's probably all calculable. Unless quantum events were involved, but honestly I shuoldn't bother trying to understand that stuff yet! I'm always trying to get ahead of myself...

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? There's some metaphysical TNR I'm leaving behind in the dust? Or is the metaphysical one going past my actual body? Seems to similar to a soul though, which I don't believe in, although I wish it did exist. I wish I didn't have to die. Aah, there's the depression! The eternal fear that grips at my heart every waking moment and ultimately underlies all I do. It's weird I can talk about it so casually even though it tears me apart thinking about it...

OHH! And there we have it, we've finally found the thought that's going to make me stop typing and go to sleep (to sleep away my troubles) and the person reading this probably thinks "Woo! I stuck through this bullshit, finally it's all over! Stop trying to be quirky and interesting you damn bastard you're not." Well you know what? I wasn't trying to be. Maybe a little but it was all in little bits, I just didn't post it for a while. Screw you, this is the thread for it anyway. I'll stop now.

EDIT: I know what you're thinking, but the edit was just to fix the word "reptitive" to "repetitive". Seriously.
Edit#2: Also, to change "to" to "too". See? This is what happens when it's late: weird stuff and spelling mistakes.
edit No.3: Also, litte to little but I'm checking it all through PROPERLY this time, last edit. Also, all the edit bits are different. Yay.
Last edited by thicknavyrain on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.

CueBall

Postby CueBall » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 pm UTC

TNR you better fucking live up to the image I have of you when we meet, or I swear to god I will be so dissapointed in you. You're EPIC.
Spoiler:
Zohar wrote:Cueball is being generally hilarious today.
Sungura wrote:Cueball, I...I...
<3
Box Boy wrote:Now let us wait for the outcome of CueBall's fight to the death!

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm UTC

thicknavyrain wrote:How the fuck did Smeagol shrink into Gollum? What, humans of middle earth have malleable bones or something?

Sméagol was a Stoorish Hobbit, and was thus always short.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:18 pm UTC

Also the ring is fucking magic, which would suffice as an explanation in fantasy.
"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

picnic_crossfire

Postby picnic_crossfire » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 pm UTC

I'm getting a new car soon, and I don't know what to name it. I'm considering Lucy, Julia, and Molly (female names from Beatles songs). I'm open to suggestions. Thanks
picnic time!

rnew
RAAAAAAGGGHHH I'M A DINOSAUR

Postby rnew » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm UTC

picnic_crossfire wrote: (female names from Beatles songs).

JUDE

Hey Juuuuuuuuuuude
Don't make it bad!

Sing along!!
Meowgan wrote:Rnew, you're so hot. Boom!
Zohar wrote:Seriously rnew, I cannot get over how awesome your avatar is. It brings up a smile every time I see it.

HarleyQuinn

Postby HarleyQuinn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm UTC

So I was looking for dresses online, found some nice styles, etc. Checked the sizing chart. Hmm, that can't be right. Checked sizing charts on 5 different sites for multiple dresses.
They're going 10-13 inches from hip to waist. That's not possible, not in normal circumstances.
Magnanimous wrote:I used to be really into nostalgia a few years ago. Man, those were the days.

fjafjan
THE fjafjan

Postby fjafjan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm UTC

I wish I still had as many questions as TNR. Now it's all "Oh, I could probably solve it with this" or "I could look it up there". I have drank from the pool of knowledge and my brain is getting full, like a dry dishcloth under running water.
//Yepp, THE fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
Liza wrote:Fjafjan, your hair is so lovely that I want to go to Sweden, collect the bit you cut off in your latest haircut and keep it in my room, and smell it. And eventually use it to complete my shrine dedicated to you.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm UTC

i like jude
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 am UTC

Your a little bit racist!

eatmorebread

Visiting Family Members on Vacation

Postby eatmorebread » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am UTC

I've recently moved out of state away from home for a (good) job. Now, every time I fly up to visit, I have to schedule my time very carefully. Since I'm new, I don't get much leave time so I end up taking long weekends, especially on holiday weekends, so I typically only have about 4 days or so to visit the gang.

But there's the obligatory family visit where I see my mother and father ("How could you come home and not see us?!"), my sister ("We should hang out while you're up, little brother!"), and my grandparents ("It's ok, you don't have to see us, go be with your friends, we understand" sigh). That's easily a day and a half to two days, 50% of my time, and I haven't even gotten to see my friends or do whatever it was I came up to do. Not that I don't love to see them and visit with them (I very much do) but it occurred to me that there's some sort of crazy mathematical formula for deriving how much leave time I have to take in order to get the amount of time I WANT to actually relax and see friends and such. Like some sort of crazy Family Visit Overhead while on vacation.

Parents for me would be priority one because they've paid all this money for my education and helped me move and whatnot, seeing them and letting them know how I'm doing is the least I can do.
Grandparents would probably be a close second because they always give me money for everything or buy stuff I might need even if I don't want them to because they're grandparents and that's what they do.
My sister would probably be next. We have few things in common, but we do like to see each other just to hang out from time to time, and she's got a really great dog so that's a mitigating factor.

What do you guys think? Anything on this list I missed?

The Cat

Postby The Cat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:28 am UTC

I couldn't resist shucking those oysters.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? There's some metaphysical TNR I'm leaving behind in the dust? Or is the metaphysical one going past my actual body?

I don't recommend the "cosmic cool aid" If you miss the comet, you might be stuck in limbo for 86 years. Not to mention the killer headache you would most likely have.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/164806/

Burning Cheese! (Cartoon drug trip)

I like Jude too!

This is not intended to offend anyone. This is not intended to offend anyone.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 am UTC

picnic_crossfire wrote:I'm getting a new car soon, and I don't know what to name it. I'm considering Lucy, Julia, and Molly (female names from Beatles songs). I'm open to suggestions. Thanks

This depends greatly on the car.

As to cell phones: Having sold cell phones for a living in the not-too-distant past, I'd suggest Samsung or Nokia if they're options. Motorola is pretty good, too. I won't touch an LG with a ten foot pole.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:31 am UTC

Ivora wrote:Your a little bit racist!
well, you're a little bit too
anyway, jude is black
Last edited by suffer-cait on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:59 am UTC

Having a laptop means not being afraid of power surges.

Suck it, lightning.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

Earlz
Gets Obvious Implications

Postby Earlz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Having a laptop means not being afraid of power surges.

Suck it, lightning.

real computers(as in, the person working a computation machine) have at least 1 UPS... That would be me lol. Say you aren't somewhere in oklahoma are you? (where else does it storm in january!?)

Yea, I'm looking up conductive textiles and I now want a conductive shirt for some reason... hmm..
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:21 am UTC

I am in Oklahoma, where it storms all the time, although usually moreso in May than January. I've worked in an electronic store during the summer after a storm. "...we need to go to Tulsa right now and buy as many power supplies and 56k modems as we can find". And I kind of don't trust surge protectors, but I'm just playing it safe and unplugging the laptop.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 am UTC

I just saw the Iron Giant.

<3
Significantly less weird than I used to be. Still pretty weird.

οὗτός ἐστιν Ἀγαμέμνων, ἐμὸς
πόσις, νεκρὸς δὲ τῆσδε δεξιᾶς χερός
ἔργον δικαίας τέκτονος. τάδ’ ὧδ’ ἔχει.

Secateurs

Postby Secateurs » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 am UTC

I just saw the end of The Iron Giant :) It was pretty good.
Shivahn wrote:Given RNA, derive a spider monkey.

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:52 am UTC

The TVTropes database hates me. This makes me sad, but productive.
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

Upsilon

Postby Upsilon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 am UTC

Ivora, how many times have we been over this? Three? I thought you'd have learned by now. Anyway...

What about her a little bit racist?
22/M/USA
age/sex/location
Spoiler:
Upsilon avatar from TaintedDeity.

Gears
Bulletproof

Postby Gears » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 am UTC

I'm dumped she's a lesbian.
General_Norris wrote:I notice a lack of counter-arguments and a lot of fisting.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:03 am UTC

NecklaceOfShadow wrote:I just saw the Iron Giant.

<3
I scrolled past your message, and it blurred your sig together, so I read that as "I just saw boobies" :P

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 am UTC

Xeio wrote:
NecklaceOfShadow wrote:I just saw the Iron Giant.

<3
I scrolled past your message, and it blurred your sig together, so I read that as "I just saw boobies" :P

Those I have not seen in a while.

Ivora

Postby Ivora » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 am UTC

Upsilon wrote:

Ivora, how many times have we been over this? Three? I thought you'd have learned by now. Anyway...

What about her a little bit racist?

STOP IT GOD DAMMIT!! :P

...And its a song by Avenue Q? :lol:

I guess were both a little bit racist! :D

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 am UTC

Ivora wrote:I guess were both a little bit racist! :D

Who were both a little bit racist? Avenue Q?

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 am UTC

Gears wrote:I'm dumped she's a lesbian.
I thought it was I'm dumb, not dumped.

wait, did you just get dumped by a girl who figured out she's a lesbian?

True story though, the girl he wrote the song about was a chick he was interested in until he saw a pink triangle button on her bookbag and gave up, thinking she was a lesbian. Years later he found out she wasn't gay, just supportive.

Gooooooo Rivers!
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

NecklaceOfShadow

Postby NecklaceOfShadow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:wait, did you just get dumped by a girl who figured out she's a lesbian?

It's not as bad as it sounds. It's slightly emasculating for some people but you get a fun story out of it...

Return to “General”