Thoughts for ships

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
PhoenixEnigma
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am UTC
Location: Sasquatchawan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Sun May 29, 2011 7:41 am UTC

Jumble wrote:
Ortus wrote:In other news, I will not use a bent spoon. Maybe I can't use a bent spoon, perhaps it is beyond my mental capacity. I just spent about five minutes looking through the utensils draw, the dish washer, and unrelated-but-possibly-containing-a-spoon cupboards - all so I could find a spoon that was not bent.
Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. There is no spoon.
So the take-away message here is that ice cream is finger food?
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

User avatar
Jumble
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 am UTC
Location: London(ish), UK.
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Jumble » Sun May 29, 2011 8:00 am UTC

Apparently, if you wear shades indoors and dress like an Italian priest who shops at armani, you can just stick your face in the ice cream tub and still look cool.
Spoiler:
Giant Speck wrote:You're a demon! DEMON!!!!

Oregonaut wrote:CURSE YOU VILLAIN!!
PhoenixEnigma wrote:Jumble is either the best or worst Santa ever, and I can't figure out which. Possibly both.

mjm
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:55 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby mjm » Sun May 29, 2011 6:37 pm UTC

I just ate a stick of butter. I feel I should regret this, but so far I do not.

This may raise troubling questions about my mental and physical health.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Sun May 29, 2011 6:38 pm UTC

Fuck y'all, I'm dying my hair blue.

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Mumpy » Sun May 29, 2011 6:40 pm UTC

Make sure you get a before & after pikshure.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Sun May 29, 2011 6:43 pm UTC

Naturally. And then unnaturally

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby TimelordSimone » Sun May 29, 2011 7:08 pm UTC

I really want to dye my hair an unusual colour, but now I'm job hunting it's possible I've missed my chance.
LE SIGH.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Sun May 29, 2011 7:25 pm UTC

That's terrible. Perhaps you could get a sensible wig, and hide crazy real hair underneath it.

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby TimelordSimone » Sun May 29, 2011 7:29 pm UTC

Perhaps I shall do that.
(Spoilers: I will not do that.)
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Sun May 29, 2011 8:36 pm UTC

TimelordSimone wrote:(Spoilers: I will not do that.)

Boooo!

User avatar
SamaraLexx
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby SamaraLexx » Sun May 29, 2011 10:13 pm UTC

Post-gym high! Wheeeeeee!

User avatar
RoadieRich
The Black Hand
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:40 am UTC
Location: Behind you

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby RoadieRich » Sun May 29, 2011 11:00 pm UTC

SamaraLexx wrote:Post-gym high! Wheeeeeee!

This gym is probably quite high, but I don't know why I need to post it.
Image
73, de KE8BSL loc EN26.

Nat
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Nat » Sun May 29, 2011 11:04 pm UTC

I'd like to start rock-climbing. I really need to check if there's anywhere to do it around here.

User avatar
ArgonV
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm UTC
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby ArgonV » Sun May 29, 2011 11:12 pm UTC

Oh crap.
I was watching a couple of Doctor Who episodes last night with a cute girl and we established she was dressed like Amy. So when we went out later that night, I called her 'Pond' a couple of times, like The Doctor does. She thought it was cute and at one point she said she considered more of a Rory than a Doctor though.

I only just realised what she might've meant :P

User avatar
torontoraptor
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby torontoraptor » Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 am UTC

http://nyan.cat/

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.
Promicin wrote:Now if I can just grab on with my tongue-like foot... wait. I am not a mussel.

pseudoidiot wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:fucking owls is enjoyable.
Someone should sig this

User avatar
Vohu Manah
athlete's nipple.
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:00 am UTC
Location: Western Hemisphere. Possibly Idaho.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Vohu Manah » Mon May 30, 2011 3:15 am UTC

torontoraptor wrote:http://nyan.cat/

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.

I want that music at my funeral. Nothing makes people recover from grief like rainbow kitties.
Isaac Hill wrote:If this tetonic plate's rockin' such that it registers no less than 6.1 on the Richter scale, don't come a knockin'.

User avatar
Cahojama
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:28 am UTC
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Cahojama » Mon May 30, 2011 3:23 am UTC

torontoraptor wrote:http://nyan.cat/

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.


You monster. I'm still so innocent in the ways of the internet.
"There's a much simpler way of slowing time. You'll work it out eventually, and then wonder what all the fuss was about."

User avatar
Ivora
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 am UTC
Location: Wandering the Crystal Blue.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ivora » Mon May 30, 2011 6:46 am UTC

Pon farr all nite everynight yeaaaaaaaaaaahhh baby. :P

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Midnight » Mon May 30, 2011 7:22 am UTC

ArgonV wrote:Oh crap.
I was watching a couple of Doctor Who episodes last night with a cute girl and we established she was dressed like Amy. So when we went out later that night, I called her 'Pond' a couple of times, like The Doctor does. She thought it was cute and at one point she said she considered more of a Rory than a Doctor though.

I only just realised what she might've meant :P

Ah yes, I am well-versed in the too-late realization.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 25964
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby SecondTalon » Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 am UTC

Ivora wrote:Pon farr all nite once every seven years yeaaaaaaaaaaahhh baby. :P

I fix it
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon May 30, 2011 5:27 pm UTC

I had trained my old spell checker to understand physics.
This new one doesn't want to play at all. Complains about stuff like ansatz, non-Markovian, exponentiate, etc.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Nat
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:59 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Nat » Mon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm UTC

torontoraptor wrote:http://nyan.cat/

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.

I actually listened to this for six hours straight once on a dare.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Mon May 30, 2011 6:35 pm UTC

You sound entirely too sane and coherent for that to be true.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm UTC


Ubik
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:43 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ubik » Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm UTC

Did you mean: Nyanicorn

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon May 30, 2011 7:51 pm UTC

Ubik wrote:Did you mean: Nyanicorn


While I lol'd at the dolphins, this will not attain the greatness it vainly attempts to recreate.

User avatar
RetSpline
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:38 pm UTC
Location: Íæû

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby RetSpline » Mon May 30, 2011 8:00 pm UTC

Just in case anybody was curious, we are definitely living in the future. My old CRT monitor crapped out on me so I went to a store, walked in, found a monitor that met my desires and was a great price, bought it, took it home, plugged it in and everything worked. Took 30 minutes at most.

I'm still used to seeing the blurry, almost-horizontal lines on my old monitor. Whenever I was scrolling through text I'd try to line up the paragraph breaks on them, and I can't do that anymore. Very disorienting. I am very much not used to have SO MUCH desk space.

User avatar
SamaraLexx
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby SamaraLexx » Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm UTC

How the hell did I lose my favorite pair of pants? Where could pants possibly go?

Mumpy
Posts: 730
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
Location: Oxford, England

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Mumpy » Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 pm UTC

Apparently to the venue I work at. I wish it were still surprising to find a random pair of pants* but it kinda isn't anymore

*You might be sitting there thinking "but do you mean leftpondian pants or rightpondian pants?" The answer to that my friends, is a slow, uncomfortable nod. I just hope it's not one person.

User avatar
Tinman42
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Tinman42 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:40 pm UTC

SamaraLexx wrote:How the hell did I lose my favorite pair of pants? Where could pants possibly go?


This reminds me of a time I was crashing at a friends place. My friend and his room mate went out drinking (in full suits) while I stayed at his place and passed out on the couch (I had to leave in the morning and wasnt driving 6 hours with a hang over). When I woke up, his room mate was asleep with his head on the opposie end of the couch as me.

When the room mate woke up we all realized that despite having his jacket, tie, shirt, etc. still on, he was not wearing pants. They found them 2 days later in some one elses dorm.
Last edited by Tinman42 on Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
-do they have topless orange juice commercials in your country?

"My stocks dropped 18 percent this week"
"well, at least we have toast"
"tru dat"

User avatar
TimelordSimone
Posts: 916
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm UTC
Location: Cambridge ish

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby TimelordSimone » Mon May 30, 2011 9:51 pm UTC

Tinman42 wrote:
SamaraLexx wrote:How the hell did I lose my favorite pair of pants? Where could pants possibly go?


This reminds me of a time I was crashing at a friends place. My friend and his room mate went out drinking (in full suits) while I stayed at his place and passed out on the couch (I had to leave in the morning and wasnt driving 6 hours with a hang over). When I woke up, his room mate was asleep with his head on the opposie end of the couch as me.

When the room mate woke up we all realized that despite having his jacket, tie, shirt, et.c still on, he was not wearing pants. They found them 2 days later in some one else dorm.

THIS reminds ME of after I went out for my last birthday (shirt, tie, waistcoat) I couldn't find my waistcoat for days afterwards. Turns out I'd carefully hung it up in the wardrobe, despite all the other clothes just getting thrown on the floor.
I mostly lurk. Hello.

User avatar
Ptolom
Posts: 1559
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:55 pm UTC
Location: The entropy pool
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ptolom » Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm UTC

RetSpline wrote:Just in case anybody was curious, we are definitely living in the future. My old CRT monitor crapped out on me so I went to a store, walked in, found a monitor that met my desires and was a great price, bought it, took it home, plugged it in and everything worked. Took 30 minutes at most.

I'm still used to seeing the blurry, almost-horizontal lines on my old monitor. Whenever I was scrolling through text I'd try to line up the paragraph breaks on them, and I can't do that anymore. Very disorienting. I am very much not used to have SO MUCH desk space.

Am I the only person in the world who still loves CRTs? The resolution is amazing, brightness is good, and when they break you can take out the transformer and use it to make a Jacob's ladder. I have a dual monitor setup with one massive CRT and one TFT.

User avatar
Ortus
Fluffy
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:09 am UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Ortus » Tue May 31, 2011 12:46 am UTC




You have no idea how good I am at that game. I have played it for far too long.
roband wrote:Face, yes. Chest, probably. Pubic area, maybe. Scrotum, not a fucking chance.

User avatar
Midnight
Posts: 2170
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:53 am UTC
Location: Twixt hither and thither. Ergo, Jupiter.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Midnight » Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 am UTC

Ptolom wrote:
RetSpline wrote:Just in case anybody was curious, we are definitely living in the future. My old CRT monitor crapped out on me so I went to a store, walked in, found a monitor that met my desires and was a great price, bought it, took it home, plugged it in and everything worked. Took 30 minutes at most.

I'm still used to seeing the blurry, almost-horizontal lines on my old monitor. Whenever I was scrolling through text I'd try to line up the paragraph breaks on them, and I can't do that anymore. Very disorienting. I am very much not used to have SO MUCH desk space.

Am I the only person in the world who still loves CRTs? The resolution is amazing, brightness is good, and when they break you can take out the transformer and use it to make a Jacob's ladder. I have a dual monitor setup with one massive CRT and one TFT.

the reason TFTs are far superior is that your massive CRT probably weighs seventy pounds. even a medium-large 19" that I had weighed like forty or fifty.

whereas the 19" i have now is widescreen, has better resolution, is brighter, draws only a few watts, weighs only a few pounds, and doesn't cause nearby electrical devices to freak out every time i turn it on.
uhhhh fuck.

User avatar
a_fuzzyduck
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm UTC
Location: Clydebank
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Tue May 31, 2011 2:10 am UTC

Ortus wrote:



You have no idea how good I am at that game. I have played it for far too long.


I win the prize?
wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

User avatar
SurgicalSteel
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:18 pm UTC
Location: DMV, USA

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby SurgicalSteel » Tue May 31, 2011 2:13 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
SurgicalSteel wrote:I just found a completely hilarious amount of .223 at the bottom of my gun safe. Apparently I bought a bunch a while back, put in on the floor of my gun safe, later put a box of other firearm odds and ends on top of that box, and forgot about it. Thus while packing to move out of my apartment I came across about 1,000 rounds of .223 :) Looks like I won't have to go to Gander Mountain or Wal-Mart any time soon.


As someone who plays a lot of survival horror video games, I was under the impression that there was some force of nature in place preventing you from ever owning more than a handful of bullets. Explain how you manage to violate this basic tenet of gun-physics!!!
For one, I don't carry all of them around in my pockets, nor do I hide small quantities of them on random window sills and in trash cans :)
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

User avatar
You, sir, name?
Posts: 6983
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:07 am UTC
Location: Chako Paul City
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue May 31, 2011 2:35 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
SurgicalSteel wrote:I just found a completely hilarious amount of .223 at the bottom of my gun safe. Apparently I bought a bunch a while back, put in on the floor of my gun safe, later put a box of other firearm odds and ends on top of that box, and forgot about it. Thus while packing to move out of my apartment I came across about 1,000 rounds of .223 :) Looks like I won't have to go to Gander Mountain or Wal-Mart any time soon.


As someone who plays a lot of survival horror video games, I was under the impression that there was some force of nature in place preventing you from ever owning more than a handful of bullets. Explain how you manage to violate this basic tenet of gun-physics!!!
For one, I don't carry all of them around in my pockets, nor do I hide small quantities of them on random window sills and in trash cans :)


What's next? Red barrels aren't explosive?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

User avatar
SamaraLexx
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 am UTC
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby SamaraLexx » Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 am UTC

Yay, I found the pants! I'm sure you were all really concerned.

User avatar
existential_squirrrel
Posts: 401
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:57 pm UTC
Location: San Rafael, CA

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby existential_squirrrel » Tue May 31, 2011 3:33 am UTC

hooray for finding pants :D

I say awww... baby raccoons are so cute!! and they are goofy
courage is about knowing when to pick yourself up and whisper to yourself, "I will try again tomorrow"
http://http://stats.free-dc.org/cpidtagb.php?cpid=f0b63432195be1a8665b08c414e36545&theme=12&cols=1

Chuff
CHOO CHOO I'M A TRAIN
Posts: 1018
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 am UTC
Location: The Purple Valley, Mass

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Pander to the Borg)

Postby Chuff » Tue May 31, 2011 3:45 am UTC

I was not very concerned, but I did just read the first ten pages of your tumblr, and I thought it was pretty cool. Imma follow you shortly.
The Great Hippo wrote:The internet's chief exports are cute kittens, porn, and Reasons Why You Are Completely Fucking Wrong.
addams wrote:How human of him. "If, they can do it, then, I can do it." Humans. Pfft. Poor us.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests