Thoughts for ships

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Feddlefew » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:59 pm UTC

phlip wrote:
Steax wrote:I think I'll just leave the third field blank with a plain textbox. ... Why didn't I think of this before?

Like this? I think that could work...
gender.png

That's sex... :(
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4002
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 am UTC

How so? I was under the impression that male/female/otter could be used for gender or sex.
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Feddlefew » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:31 am UTC

It might just be me- I tend to seperate sex and gender to the point where I only use Male / Female as a designation of biological sex, rather than both. I think of feminine / masculine as the gender words.
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7554
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby phlip » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:36 am UTC

See, for me, male/female and woman/man can all be applied to either gender or sex (though usually imply gender unless context implies otherwise), while masculine/feminine apply more to individual traits and gender roles.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Feddlefew » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 am UTC

It's a sticky problem- you can't win because any choice you pick will offend / confuse someone.
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
PeteP
What the peck?
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby PeteP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 am UTC

Feddlefew wrote:It might just be me- I tend to seperate sex and gender to the point where I only use Male / Female as a designation of biological sex, rather than both. I think of feminine / masculine as the gender words.

I'm not a native speaker but for me masculine and feminine describe traits of a person and someone who considers himself male doesn't need to be masculine and the same goes for female and feminine. A link on the last page used masculine/feminine for expression which seems to fit for me.

User avatar
Feddlefew
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:47 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Feddlefew » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:44 am UTC

PeteP wrote:
Feddlefew wrote:It might just be me- I tend to seperate sex and gender to the point where I only use Male / Female as a designation of biological sex, rather than both. I think of feminine / masculine as the gender words.

I'm not a native speaker but for me masculine and feminine describe traits of a person and someone who considers himself male doesn't need to be masculine and the same goes for female and feminine. A link on the last page used masculine/feminine for expression which seems to fit for me.

This is basically how I feel about it, and the link was really good.
My spelling is abysmal. Just saying.

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Steax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:13 am UTC

phlip wrote:
Steax wrote:I think I'll just leave the third field blank with a plain textbox. ... Why didn't I think of this before?

Like this? I think that could work...
gender.png


Yeah, I'm going with this model. I've decided on Male/Female for the other two because of a direct client request, and because it's mostly globally understood (masculine/feminine raised some questions among communities with less fluent English). I think this is a good middle ground. Thanks everyone.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

User avatar
dumbzebra
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere on the moon.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby dumbzebra » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 pm UTC

Memebase is a terrible, terrible place.
Why do I keep coming back to it?
As the great philosopher Socrates once said: "No."

User avatar
The EGE
not very good at pickup limes
Posts: 1081
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby The EGE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:27 pm UTC

So, I am a professional, grade-A moron.

On Friday, I bought a 35-dollar train ticket. I realized last night that I did not know where the ticket was.

After an hour of searching my dorm room, I found it... in the laundry room. Because I'd happened to pick up a copy of the Amtrak schedule and tuck the ticket inside, no one took it. In three days.

(What I figured out was, I came back from buying the ticket and rushed to eat dinner before the dining hall closed. On my way back to my room, I realized I had laundry left in the washer. I went to move it to the dryer... and put my ticket down.)
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm UTC

dumbzebra wrote:Memebase is a terrible, terrible place.
Why do I keep coming back to it?


Use KYM, or encyclopediadramatica.ch (nsfw).

User avatar
dumbzebra
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:59 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere on the moon.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby dumbzebra » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:48 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
dumbzebra wrote:Memebase is a terrible, terrible place.
Why do I keep coming back to it?


Use KYM, or encyclopediadramatica.ch (nsfw).


KYM is made by the same idiots that make memebase, and ED is made by 4chan douchebags.
As the great philosopher Socrates once said: "No."

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:53 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:So long as the information isn't really needed except on an individual level (like a Name, basically), then a Textbox is fine. If you're trying to get statistical data on unmarried males between 18 and 25 who live in this particular area, then a textbox may not work just due to the number of ways one can identify as Male. Male, Man, Boy, Guy, Dude, Dick-Wielder, Lord Guy Dickwielder Maleboy the Man, and so on.


you could just have those names resolve to either "male" or "female"
although it may get complex if someone makes a typo and gets assigned to the wrong gender.

who knew this could be such a complex issue?

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Red Hal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:57 pm UTC

You have no idea. However, this may help: http://transgenderartist.blogspot.com/2 ... erson.html
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:05 pm UTC

........
now i don't know what to think or say anymore. this is beyond my experience.

how does everyone usually avoid offending people like this?
cuz i have a feeling if i don't keep my mouth shut im gonna start a flame war on myself.

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Kang » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:07 pm UTC

Keeping ones mouth shut when topics one has no idea about come up usually isn't the worst of tactics.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Jessica » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:08 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:you could just have those names resolve to either "male" or "female"
although it may get complex if someone makes a typo and gets assigned to the wrong gender.

who knew this could be such a complex issue?
A lot of trans people on the forums know how complex an issue it is. It's like we have to navigate that complexity as part of who we are, and then deal with the rest of the world's cissexism because they haven't dealt with it.

Not trying to be snarky. I really am not. But, it is a really fucking complex issue that might require a little more thought on your part. Please do that thinking.

Edit: Uh, it's easy to not offend people like me. Ask me how I want to be referred to and stick to it.
note: the "people like this" are people on these forums.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:10 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:you could just have those names resolve to either "male" or "female"
although it may get complex if someone makes a typo and gets assigned to the wrong gender.

who knew this could be such a complex issue?
A lot of trans people on the forums know how complex an issue it is. It's like we have to navigate that complexity as part of who we are, and then deal with the rest of the world's cissexism because they haven't dealt with it.

Not trying to be snarky. I really am not. But, it is a really fucking complex issue that might require a little more thought on your part. Please do that thinking.

Edit: Uh, it's easy to not offend people like me. Ask me how I want to be referred to and stick to it.
note: the "people like this" are people on these forums.


ah christ, i even offended someone by trying to NOT offend someone.


I APOLOGIZE FOR EVERYTHING.

i really do not want to be offensive, i am fine with you how you are, its your choice, and i accept you. did i leave anything out?

edit: also, i have ALOT of thinking to do about the world.

Windowlicker
Posts: 323
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 pm UTC
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Windowlicker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 pm UTC

Kang wrote:Keeping ones mouth shut when topics one has no idea about come up usually isn't the worst of tactics.

This is what I was going to say. Lurk way more would be my suggestion.

Also to turn into dick mode a little.. Tom, do you remember about an hour and a half ago when four (that's 4) different people told you to start typing/talking properly? That counts in every thread, not just that one. The punctuation is slightly better, but either the shift or capslock keys can be utilised to make your posts far more readable.

User avatar
Mavketl
ELEPHANT MYSTICISM!
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:34 pm UTC
Location: Groningen City

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Mavketl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 pm UTC

The alot of thinking looks quite a lot like its cousin, the alot of mist.
Spoiler:
Image
Not A Raptor: Mav can be a very wily and dangerous player.
roband: Mav has a way of making everything seem right.
ELEPHANT SCIENCE - MORE ELEPHANT SCIENCE
- NEW: Elephant Math!

User avatar
Red Hal
Magically Delicious
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:42 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Red Hal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm UTC

Tomlidich, for many their gender isn't a choice, any more than being gay is a choice. Understand that and you are well on your way. I know you don't want to offend anyone, but your best defence in that regard is being willing to learn. Lurking and reading is a great way to get information on this subject at zero risk of offence, but perhaps this can give you some flavour: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Sex_and_I/
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:17 pm UTC

Windowlicker wrote:
Also to turn into dick mode a little.. Tom, do you remember about an hour and a half ago when four (that's 4) different people told you to start typing/talking properly? That counts in every thread, not just that one. The punctuation is slightly better, but either the shift or capslock keys can be utilised to make your posts far more readable.

Sorry, just had to get that apology out before I did any real damage, and had no time to self correct my grammar.

Red Hal wrote:Tomlidich, for many their gender isn't a choice, any more than being gay is a choice. Understand that and you are well on your way. I know you don't want to offend anyone, but your best defence in that regard is being willing to learn. Lurking and reading is a great way to get information on this subject at zero risk of offence, but perhaps this can give you some flavour: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Sex_and_I/


Link doesn't work for me, something about not being available outside the UK.

User avatar
Jessica
Jessica, you're a ...
Posts: 8337
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:57 pm UTC
Location: Soviet Canuckistan

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Jessica » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:44 pm UTC

You didn't offend me. I'm just mentioning that talking about people as if they aren't around can be kind of mean to those people. I don't care, because I knew you probably meant well, and it was really minor.

I'm glad you're trying to do better. Keep up the good work.
doogly wrote:On a scale of Mr Rogers to Fascism, how mean do you think we're being?
Belial wrote:My goal is to be the best brain infection any of you have ever had.

User avatar
ginadagny
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am UTC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby ginadagny » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

I just had the most intense job interview of my life.

They called me yesterday to come in at 7 AM today. The interview lasted an hour and the nurse manager & educator asked me 12 pages of questions. I know I fucked up on the first question but I answered the rest with little/no problems. I'm proud of myself for keeping my cool the whole time. I find out in a week if I get it. Fingers crossed!

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm UTC

ginadagny wrote:I just had the most intense job interview of my life.

They called me yesterday to come in at 7 AM today. The interview lasted an hour and the nurse manager & educator asked me 12 pages of questions. I know I fucked up on the first question but I answered the rest with little/no problems. I'm proud of myself for keeping my cool the whole time. I find out in a week if I get it. Fingers crossed!


Wow that does sound intense! Good luck! :D

User avatar
Obby
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:37 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Obby » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 pm UTC

ginadagny wrote:I just had the most intense job interview of my life.

They called me yesterday to come in at 7 AM today. The interview lasted an hour and the nurse manager & educator asked me 12 pages of questions. I know I fucked up on the first question but I answered the rest with little/no problems. I'm proud of myself for keeping my cool the whole time. I find out in a week if I get it. Fingers crossed!

Do interviews in the nursing profession differ from elsewhere? Or is this simply how this particular place works? I know in my job, most interviewers are more concerned with your ability to act composed under unfamiliar circumstances and your ability to communicate, rather than focusing on an ability to recite information at will. That's how I got my current job: my boss told me I was much more personable than most of the other candidates that he interviewed.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:18 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Steax » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:10 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:
Windowlicker wrote:
Also to turn into dick mode a little.. Tom, do you remember about an hour and a half ago when four (that's 4) different people told you to start typing/talking properly? That counts in every thread, not just that one. The punctuation is slightly better, but either the shift or capslock keys can be utilised to make your posts far more readable.

Sorry, just had to get that apology out before I did any real damage, and had no time to self correct my grammar.

Red Hal wrote:Tomlidich, for many their gender isn't a choice, any more than being gay is a choice. Understand that and you are well on your way. I know you don't want to offend anyone, but your best defence in that regard is being willing to learn. Lurking and reading is a great way to get information on this subject at zero risk of offence, but perhaps this can give you some flavour: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Sex_and_I/


Link doesn't work for me, something about not being available outside the UK.


It might be worth noting that I specifically brought up the topic in this particular context (and proceeded to span a couple pages), so it might hint you that it is, indeed, a "complex issue".

I'm glad you're being open about it, though!
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

User avatar
ginadagny
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am UTC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby ginadagny » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 pm UTC

Thanks Tom!

Obby wrote:Do interviews in the nursing profession differ from elsewhere? Or is this simply how this particular place works? I know in my job, most interviewers are more concerned with your ability to act composed under unfamiliar circumstances and your ability to communicate, rather than focusing on an ability to recite information at will. That's how I got my current job: my boss told me I was much more personable than most of the other candidates that he interviewed.


I should have specified a bit more about my interview - they asked me a lot of scenario-based questions. Example - "What would you do if you think one of your patients is having increasing intracranial pressure? What would you look for?". They also asked questions that are pretty standard in any interview, like "What are your strengths? How do you deal with conflict?".

The thing with nursing is that you have to have a lot of concrete knowledge to practice safely, and managers want nurses who have good critical thinking skills. The interviewers also care about the personality of each candidate. The nursing profession has a lot of problems with bullying, and they should be hiring personable candidates.

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Kang » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:16 pm UTC

Jessica wrote:You didn't offend me. I'm just mentioning that talking about people as if they aren't around can be kind of mean to those people. I don't care, because I knew you probably meant well, and it was really minor.

I'm glad you're trying to do better. Keep up the good work.

I believe the gender question is one for which this is a problem throughout society, mostly thanks to the fact that any answers to the question other than 'male' or 'female' have been systematically pushed right out of the public field of vision for centuries. I know that I'm guilty of a complete lack of consideration quite often, despite obvious evidence of your existance (your as in the whole transgendered community's).

User avatar
Obby
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:37 pm UTC
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Obby » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:30 pm UTC

Just applied for my degree! Woot!

Now let's hope I don't royally fuck up my senior year... It shouldn't be too difficult, I only need to take about 15 credits next term and in the spring term in order to be over the 192 credit minimum in June (taking 13 credits this term, I feel kind of pathetic considering 12 is the minimum required to be a full time student lol).
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

User avatar
Tomlidich
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Tomlidich » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 pm UTC

Obby wrote:Just applied for my degree! Woot!

Now let's hope I don't royally fuck up my senior year... It shouldn't be too difficult, I only need to take about 15 credits next term and in the spring term in order to be over the 192 credit minimum in June (taking 13 credits this term, I feel kind of pathetic considering 12 is the minimum required to be a full time student lol).


Good job, smiley mustard and ketchup plate man!
XD

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26453
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:02 pm UTC

Tomlidich wrote:also, i have ALOT of thinking to do about the world.
It's great that you realize that.

While your doing all that thinking, you might also try Kang's advice, and stop posting about topics you don't actually understand.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
ginadagny
Posts: 223
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:15 am UTC
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby ginadagny » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:12 pm UTC

ginadagny wrote:(Stuff about my job interview) I find out in a week if I get it. Fingers crossed!


I had my interview at 7 AM this morning and I just received a phone call (its now 1PM) from the manager offering me the full time position.

I accepted.

*happy dance*

User avatar
Kang
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:30 pm UTC

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Kang » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 pm UTC

Hooray for ginadagny!

Also, gmalivuk, would you please remind me of my splendid advice the next time I blatantly ignore it?

User avatar
fizzgig
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:35 am UTC
Location: Canberra, Australia

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby fizzgig » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 pm UTC

ginadagny wrote:
ginadagny wrote:(Stuff about my job interview) I find out in a week if I get it. Fingers crossed!


I had my interview at 7 AM this morning and I just received a phone call (its now 1PM) from the manager offering me the full time position.

I accepted.

*happy dance*


That's awesome, congratulations!
I had an interview back in September and I still haven't heard back about it. Damn public service :-(

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:04 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:also, i have ALOT of thinking to do about the world.
It's great that you realize that.

While your doing all that thinking, you might also try Kang's advice, and stop posting about topics you don't actually understand.


I would apply your advice, but there are no topics I don't understand.
What to do?

User avatar
I Am Raven
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am UTC
Location: Amsterdam.
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby I Am Raven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm UTC

I don't want to watch a movie that has been playing more than 5 minutes before I started watching. Because if I like the movie enough that I want to see it completely, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the parts I had seen before as much if I hadn't seen them. Same goes with movies I already have seen, and want to rewatch in the near future.
Just sayin'.
Ptolom wrote:penis

User avatar
TaintedDeity
Posts: 4002
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm UTC
Location: England;

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:
Tomlidich wrote:also, i have ALOT of thinking to do about the world.
It's great that you realize that.

While your doing all that thinking, you might also try Kang's advice, and stop posting about topics you don't actually understand.


I would apply your advice, but there are no topics I don't understand.
What to do?
There's only thing to do in that situation. Prove it :D
Ⓞⓞ◯

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26453
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby gmalivuk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

But be careful: if there does prove to be a topic you don't understand, you'll also prove you don't understand yourself, thus losing the right to post about yourself at all.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue

Postby Menacing Spike » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:38 pm UTC

gmalivuk wrote:But be careful: if there does prove to be a topic you don't understand, you'll also prove you don't understand yourself, thus losing the right to post about yourself at all.


I don't follow you there?


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests