Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ahammel
My Little Cabbage

Re: unhatched fishes and turtle excluding devices

Postby ahammel » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:35 am UTC

Shro wrote:Well, yeah you can test how things are now. We have no real way of knowing why things the way they are now are because of some thing in our evolutionary past because of x reason because we can't really go back and test things from 10,000 years ago.
Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, the part where you observe contemporary behaviour and then try to draw conclusions about prehistoric environmental conditions is total, total bullshit.

Noc wrote:Like, in "evo bio," we tend to see evidence of a species with some traits earlier, and then time passes, and then we see examples of the species with different traits. If we presume that there's an evolutionary link between the two examples, we can hypothesize that this was caused by environmental pressure and then try and then take a stab at figuring out what that pressure was.
That isn't even really a legitimate move in evolutionary biology, because you haven't shown that the trait is adaptive, or even heritable.

There are lots of ways to show that a trait is adaptive. You can do interventionist breeding experiments. You can do comparative sequence analysis to show what present and historical evolution pressures have been like on the locus for that trait if the genetics are well understood. If you're lucky enough to be working with a trait that's variable in an extant population, you can do population genetics to figure out what selection pressures are acting on the alleles that produce those traits. (That is, you can ask if the getting more or less common faster than you would expect if it had no effect on reproduction.) You can (and this would make me very happy) do genetic manipulation in the organism in question and demonstrate that alternative alleles that produce different traits are deleterious to reproduction.

I can already hear evo-psych people whining about the fact that they're working with flaky behavioural traits with poorly understood genetics and the ethics department gets upset if they try to do breeding experiments on humans. Well tough shit. In science, if your hypothesis is expensive or inconvenient or insane to test, you goddamn well test it anyway! For Science! Call me mad, will they? And why? Because I dare to dream of my own race of atomic monsters! Atomic supermen with octagonal-shaped bodies that suck the blood out of you...

Uh, I mean you find another hypothesis to test.
He/Him/His/Alex
God damn these electric sex pants!

PhoenixEnigma

Postby PhoenixEnigma » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:39 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:I liked Jonas Quinn more than Daniel Jackson.

I like Angua more then Y,S,N :P
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Shivahn wrote:I am a motherfucking sorceror.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:40 am UTC

Angua wrote:He never really grew on me. I think it was because he appeared out of nowhere (wasn't watching them in order), and it was such a shock for the first couple that he didn't gel.

While I do like Daniel more, Jonas is pretty good too, particularly because I think the way they introduced him was well done and didn't feel forced, like he actually had a good reason to be there.
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Chen

Postby Chen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 am UTC

Angua wrote:I should rewatch SG1 in order from the beginning.

Do yourself a favor and skip most of season 1 (the end isn't bad though).

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:57 am UTC

I have seen most of season one at one point or another, and didn't think it was too bad. It's more to see the development so you can follow them along.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:20 pm UTC

Angua wrote:He never really grew on me. I think it was because he appeared out of nowhere (wasn't watching them in order), and it was such a shock for the first couple that he didn't gel.

I should rewatch SG1 in order from the beginning.

You really should, if not for the entertainment value of every planet looking like Canada. You've got your pine-forest planet, your pine-forest planet with a few tropical plants strewn about (a.k.a. "jungle"), your basic gravel pit planet, your gravel pit planet with styrofoam ruins, your leaf forest planet with a clearing (sometimes also a body of water), your leaf forest planet with a clearing and styrofoam ruins, the suspiciously gravel-pit looking desert, etc.

Also,

Chen wrote:

Do yourself a favor and skip most of season 1 (the end isn't bad though).

The Scyphozoa wrote:

While I do like Daniel more, Jonas is pretty good too, particularly because I think the way they introduced him was well done and didn't feel forced, like he actually had a good reason to be there.

Jonas was subtly hilarious, constantly lamp-shading random aspects of the show. Like, how do the SG-teams know when to wear a blue or a green uniform.

PhoenixEnigma wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:I liked Jonas Quinn more than Daniel Jackson.

I like Angua more then Y,S,N :P

Spoiler:
Last edited by You, sir, name? on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:19 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

oxoiron

Postby oxoiron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:33 pm UTC

Shro wrote:One of the interesting things about taste/scent aversions is that it only takes exposure to one bad associated stimulus with a smell to develop an aversion to that smell. I don't believe we inherit any aversions, but rather the speed in which our brain adapts to the smell (or taste) of something that makes you sick is what was selected for. (This part is the speculative evo-bio part). Heck, even if a scent of something isn't the thing that makes you sick, but you get sick after smelling/experiencing it, you develop an aversion to it. Think of those stories about how someone got the stomach flu after eating Taco Bell and couldn't eat Taco Bell for a long time afterwards. (This part is the part we can test for)
If we want to throw ethics out the window, we can also test whether the nauseating properties of various chemicals are inherited by testing them on infants who have never ingested anything besides mother's milk. I'm a little surprised you don't believe we inherit any aversions. An example of an inherited aversion is the genetic predisposition to finding certain toxic foods to be bitter (wild almonds being the classic example). For an odor example, consider that most people have never gotten sick from eating rotten meat, but almost everyone finds the smell revolting. Are you suggesting that every single person who has that response does so only as a result of a prior illness associated with those aromas?
The nausea inducing chemicals in rotting bodies are toxic only in high doses. Interestingly these chemicals are also present in sperm. (Putrescene, cadaverine, spermine and spermidine). Spermidine has also been found to encourage hair growth. (Who does these experiments?). Edit to add: Some of the other gases released during putrefaction that are toxic (these are the ones that you were probably talking about) are hydrogen sulphide, carbon dioxide and methane. We don't like these smells because these gasses mess you up, irrespective of whether or not they're coming from a rotting body (not that methane and carbon dioxide smell like anything).
I was actually thinking of putrescine and cadaverine as the primary nausea-inducing chemicals, not H2S. I realize the LD50 values for them are pretty high compared to some things, but if you are making a non-lethal crowd dispersant, you want a value of essentially zero (e.g. as with CS gas). And as far as H2S goes, one of the primary dangers associated with it is a rapid desensitization to the odor, leading to overexposure and death. I suspect no defense evolved for this, because lethal concentrations of H2S rarely occur naturally in places early mammals would have frequented.

On an unrelated note, are you British (or British English speaking)? I ask because you spelled sulfide with a "ph" and putrescine with an "ene".
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect)."-- Mark Twain
"There is not more dedicated criminal than a group of children."--addams

addams

Postby addams » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:10 pm UTC

oxoiron wrote:
Shro wrote:One of the interesting things about taste/scent aversions is that it only takes exposure to one bad associated stimulus with a smell to develop an aversion to that smell. I don't believe we inherit any aversions, but rather the speed in which our brain adapts to the smell (or taste) of something that makes you sick is what was selected for. (This part is the speculative evo-bio part). Heck, even if a scent of something isn't the thing that makes you sick, but you get sick after smelling/experiencing it, you develop an aversion to it. Think of those stories about how someone got the stomach flu after eating Taco Bell and couldn't eat Taco Bell for a long time afterwards. (This part is the part we can test for)
If we want to throw ethics out the window, we can also test whether the nauseating properties of various chemicals are inherited by testing them on infants who have never ingested anything besides mother's milk. I'm a little surprised you don't believe we inherit any aversions. An example of an inherited aversion is the genetic predisposition to finding certain toxic foods to be bitter (wild almonds being the classic example). For an odor example, consider that most people have never gotten sick from eating rotten meat, but almost everyone finds the smell revolting. Are you suggesting that every single person who has that response does so only as a result of a prior illness associated with those aromas?
The nausea inducing chemicals in rotting bodies are toxic only in high doses. Interestingly these chemicals are also present in sperm. (Putrescene, cadaverine, spermine and spermidine). Spermidine has also been found to encourage hair growth. (Who does these experiments?). Edit to add: Some of the other gases released during putrefaction that are toxic (these are the ones that you were probably talking about) are hydrogen sulphide, carbon dioxide and methane. We don't like these smells because these gasses mess you up, irrespective of whether or not they're coming from a rotting body (not that methane and carbon dioxide smell like anything).
I was actually thinking of putrescine and cadaverine as the primary nausea-inducing chemicals, not H2S. I realize the LD50 values for them are pretty high compared to some things, but if you are making a non-lethal crowd dispersant, you want a value of essentially zero (e.g. as with CS gas). And as far as H2S goes, one of the primary dangers associated with it is a rapid desensitization to the odor, leading to overexposure and death. I suspect no defense evolved for this, because lethal concentrations of H2S rarely occur naturally in places early mammals would have frequented.

On an unrelated note, are you British (or British English speaking)? I ask because you spelled sulfide with a "ph" and putrescine with an "ene".

What an interesting conversation.
Why are you doing this? You want to make a crowd go away?

pfft. Fine. "Go away crowd." does not work for you?
I know how difficult it is to make a crowd go away.

I loved the fact that people stayed. The show is over, the lights are out, there is nothing to see here.
They bring their own candles. Hold hands and talk.

No show? People!
If you do not provide entertainment they will do it themselves.
What song to they all know?

What to type about from your conversation?
Such an interesting conversation.

How to get people to go away?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZCz_3Fqog

That SOB from DOD works!
I can not find the youtube.

There was one. A single man stood out there and took all he could.
It looked real to me.
Sweet thing. He smiled when he had to 'give up'.

The smells of rotting flesh. Why? Why are you interested in such a thing.
Many people are. You two are funny. Very funny. The details of the chemistry of making a crowd 'go away"?

The US can make a crowd go away.
Your talents might be useful in making that crowd sorry they ever came to visit you.

Take some of that (fill in blank with chemical code) and make it stick.
"How many weeks sense the protest? You smell like it was, just, yesterday."

Skunks do it. You are smarter than skunks. How horrible. Yet; (shrug.)
You know if you build it, civilians will get a hold of it. right?

The smell of death. Do you want to have a little first hand experience?
Not something that is easy to get. There is a British guy that does that sort of thing.

You could talk to him. There are other ways of getting experience. I know.

Believe it or not; I don't know what the chemicals are, but a dead cat, a dead deer and a dead human each have their own unique smell.
Too much information or not enough?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Anyone see the study recently that showed that addiction in lab animals is far contingent upon availability, but instead on stressful housing conditions?

I think it's an interesting point insofar as how much our of asinine assumptions translated from poor science get turned into evo-psych horseshit conclusions. "Starved animals kept in completely random light cycles and randomly electrocuted will kill their siblings! That must be why poor people are so violent!" or some such drivel.

i find the assumption that "oreos are as addictive as heroin" is laughable at best.

yes, snack foods are delicious, and when you give rats the choice between bland, more natural foods, and this crazy sugar concoctions we humans like to eat, they will pick it every time.

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm UTC

Did you even read the study?
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Angua wrote:I have seen most of season one at one point or another, and didn't think it was too bad. It's more to see the development so you can follow them along.

I think it could be worth watching season 1 purely so that you catch some of the references and in-jokes in the dialogues that call back to things that have changed since then in later seasons. I didn't hate season one in general myself, though - true, the characters and setting aren't as well developed, but it's still pretty good.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 am UTC

Wednesday wrote:Did you even read the study?

Why read the study talking about neurons being activated more for oreo consumption than cocaine when we can just hand-wave it away?

It is laughable after all.
Ha.
Ha ha.
Spoiler:

SnoringFrog

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:33 am UTC

That's something I've always meant to do. I only saw scattered episodes from the first several seasons, and then picked up and watched them (mostly) in order from a little while after O'Neil was promoted.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 am UTC

That gif made me laugh more than I have in a long time.

addams

Postby addams » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 am UTC

Wednesday wrote:Did you even read the study?

Where is the study?
I would like to read it.

I bet there is more than one.
In Real Life working with Humans I have seen what looks like links from environment to violence.

In dirty chaotic environments I have seen violence.
In clean stable environments I have seen people work out their differences with paper and pen..

Of course, when paper and pen fail, violence happens.
In a clean and orderly environment it is easier to figure out what happened and clean up the mess.

A dirty chaotic environment looks like a crime scene, every day.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:14 pm UTC

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the last few weeks have been entirely devoid of maggots falling unto my face. Is seems moving overseas was the right move to shake them off. Now that they have lost the trail, I feel safe enough to post on the internet again.

Wait, there's a weird rumbling in the ceil-

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:15 pm UTC

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:29 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:Hi all,

I am pleased to announce the last few weeks have been entirely devoid of maggots falling unto my face. Is seems moving overseas was the right move to shake them off. Now that they have lost the trail, I feel safe enough to post on the internet again.

Wait, there's a weird rumbling in the ceil-

Could you tell us which country you were in before so we can avoid it?

teenidle

Postby teenidle » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:44 pm UTC

Trick-or-treating is fucking weird.

Things that are also fucking weird: lacrosse, spelling bees, cheerleading.
And I'm fairly certain that The Magic School Bus is the only reason peanut butter seems like a normal thing to me. But school buses are weird.
And also now I'm having way too much fun imagining who would be a cheerleader in our school if that were a thing.

On second thought, trick-or-treating is not that weird.

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:48 pm UTC

broken_escalator wrote:Here is the college press release.
I was really hoping that'd be a follow-up to Menacing Spike's post.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:44 pm UTC

Ptolom wrote:Could you tell us which country you were in before so we can avoid it?

The ripe fleshbag that is totally writing this post lived in the fleshbag country called france.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

Hmm. Must be all the baguettes that attract the maggots.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:I was really hoping that'd be a follow-up to Menacing Spike's post.

I didn't notice the post, damn I missed a golden opportunity.

Ptolom

Postby Ptolom » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 am UTC

Damn, I liked France. Still, sooner or later everything gets infested with something.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:32 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:
Ptolom wrote:Could you tell us which country you were in before so we can avoid it?

The ripe fleshbag that is totally writing this post lived in the fleshbag country called france.

Honey; We want the story.
ok! ok! It is, just, me.

I want the story. I have had a spider lose its footing an fall on me.
I was asleep and that thing was so big it woke me up!

Now your turn. Story, please.
How the Hell did you get a maggot to fall on you?
Those things don't climb.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 am UTC

First part: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740&p=3331344&hilit=+ceiling#p3331295

Second part: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740&p=3471063#p3471063

Theory: it could be birds getting stuck under the roof and dying, then maggots feeding on them, passing through light fixtures somehow, and ramping into my delicious fleshbag head.

Could have been worse I guess.

edit: Hey, what happened to the cat?

edit2: "The United States officially eradicated the screw-worm in 1982". I may not like US politics and culture, but for once you guys did something very right :D.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:29 am UTC

Ptolom wrote:Damn, I liked France. Still, sooner or later everything gets infested with something.

Nazis, occasionally.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:45 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:edit: Hey, what happened to the cat?

The Mars rover got em. Curiosity, I think.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:First part: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740&p=3331344&hilit=+ceiling#p3331295

Second part: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10740&p=3471063#p3471063

Theory: it could be birds getting stuck under the roof and dying, then maggots feeding on them, passing through light fixtures somehow, and ramping into my delicious fleshbag head.

Could have been worse I guess.

edit: Hey, what happened to the cat?

edit2: "The United States officially eradicated the screw-worm in 1982". I may not like US politics and culture, but for once you guys did something very right :D.

OK! That is a good story.
Your maggot friends were simply falling from Heaven not crawling out of your head.
Lucky you.

Yep. Once upon a time a long time ago; I sat in a lecture hall and had the use of Maggots to debrid brain injuries explained to us.
How to do it. Care of the patient. ect. ect.

We were all creeped out on one level or another.
What we were told is that under controlled conditions, the maggots eat the necrotic tissue and leave living tissue alone.

It is important to get the right kind of maggot. We were not taught how to do that.
The right kind of maggot comes up to us the way the right kind of drug does.

Clean, proper kind, right size, and we deliver it and monitor the patient's well being.
"If you do not want to debris with maggots, work toward preventing head injuries."

Most nurses want seat belt laws, helmet laws and safe working environments.
I do.

Good story there, Spike.
Did you ever figure out where they were falling from?

Or; Did you simply move? Did you leave a note for the next folks to move into your old space?
Or; Did you walk out at a Run and not look back?

What cat? I missed something. What cat?
What happened to the cat?

oh. oh. The head of that thing moving in and out is normal for those things.
It is creepy, but that is healthy and normal for those.

Dang! Some of those maggot creatures get BIG.
I don't remember what size the ones we were expected to use were.

I never used that treatment method. Thank the Gods.
After the two ways of cleaning brain injuries were explained to us,
most of us were willing, if it worked.

Comfort measures for the patient were both drugs to calm and our words.
We were to explain to the patient and then act as if this is as normal and every day as a sponge bath.

That is not a common and everyday treatment.
Open head wounds on living people are not all that common, anymore.
Thank seatbelt laws; Thank helmet laws; Thank work safety laws.

You have an interesting life. Now what is happening?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

THE FLESHBAG IS ACTIVE AND MAGGOT FREE

IT IS DEFINITELY NOT USED TO SPAWN MORE OF OUR OWN

Well, if you do want a story...

When I moved in, the radiators were not working, and it was really cold. So I did the next best thing and poured a hot bath to heat the house. However, the bathplug was missing. I used a weighted can of spinach to block the drain. It worked, except the steam from the bath triggered the fire alarm. See, nothing as interesting as skyborne maggots.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:41 am UTC

Menacing Spike wrote:

THE FLESHBAG IS ACTIVE AND MAGGOT FREE

IT IS DEFINITELY NOT USED TO SPAWN MORE OF OUR OWN

Well, if you do want a story...

When I moved in, the radiators were not working, and it was really cold. So I did the next best thing and poured a hot bath to heat the house. However, the bathplug was missing. I used a weighted can of spinach to block the drain. It worked, except the steam from the bath triggered the fire alarm. See, nothing as interesting as skyborne maggots.

It may take a while to do another thing as interesting as sky-borne maggots.
Sky-borne maggots are interesting. Creepy and interesting.
Remember the disgust studies? I may attempt to find one.

How did steam set off the fire alarm?
What sets off the fire alarm?

oh. It is a lens and a light?
Were you inside the tub, at the time.

Freezing cold, Warm from navel to foot and the fire alarm is screaming.
You forced yourself out of warm water and climbed shaking and stiff up onto What?

You did not fall? I am glad. But; That would have added the final touch to your story.
You live in a nation with Health Care. right? You would heal. They would fix you up.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Menacing Spike

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 am UTC

addams wrote:You forced yourself out of warm water and climbed shaking and stiff up onto What?

You did not fall? I am glad.

Don't worry, I'm a giraffe taking the form of man. I have but to extend an arm for anything is within my reach. I would let lesser people rest in my shade, possessed I a gentler nature.

Healthcare can't fix everything - pretty sure broken vertebrae would change the tone of the story.

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm UTC

Today, I talked with a nice man who looked deep into my eyes. Then he gave me an eyeglass prescription.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

You people are funny.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

elminster

Postby elminster » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:25 pm UTC

How do you learn to appreciate what you have? Or is it better to learn to appreciate the lack of negative things?
It's all relative, but saying you're fortunate because you have X is different to saying that you're fortunate because you don't have Y. There's definitely an abundance of what you don't have, but the things you have may not be the best of those things, which may or may not be that good, however, having a lack of negativity is almost always good thing. Also, generally good things are in place because you made the right choices, where as bad things come around more by chance.
For example, I don't think I could learn to appreciate not having a headache unless I've only recently had one. I don't think it should constantly be on your mind (Constantly thinking about negative things would be a bad thing), but more of a "mini filler thought" if you will; something to, near-unconsciously, keep the image you have of your own life (i.e. what you imagine your situation to be) more accurate relative to everything else.
Brains are too good at filtering out familiar things, they only notice change unless actively thinking about something.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

addams wrote:You people are funny.

We love you too.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

addams

Postby addams » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
addams wrote:You people are funny.

We love you too.

ahhh. A Mutual Admiration Society.
My favorite kind of society.

*group *hug**

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:50 pm UTC

*joins the hug*

*remembers boiling water*

*runs off to make tea*

*comes back with tea, ready to join hug*

*remembers to put down tea just in time*

*joins the hug*

Maybe I'm too impulsive for this kind of thing. Or not impulsive enough. I don't know.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 pm UTC

I'm too sick to join the hug. I'll just wave from over here.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

The Scyphozoa

Postby The Scyphozoa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:47 pm UTC

"Shine a light on the third parties that are watching your online activity. Install the Lightbeam add-on now."

Does this seem frighteningly ironic to anyone else?
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Return to “General”