Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

PM 2Ring

Re: Fluff

Postby PM 2Ring » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:03 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:That's a treasure of a recording, thanks. By way of reciprocation have you come across the acapella cover of Beeswing by the Futureheads. I'll warn you, it's quite "different" so it's probably one of these love it or hate it things. I'm in the love it camp (it's not a patch on the original of course, but then 95% of all music is not a patch on Richard Thompson performing Beeswing).

Well, I managed to make it all the way through the clip. :) It's an interesting take on the song, but that arrangement & tempo totally destroys the wistful, melancholy mood of the song. IMO. But hey, people have been doing up-tempo versions of sad songs for (at least) a century. And sometimes they have great success with such re-workings. OTOH, the "old guard" audience tend to be not so appreciative. :) I'm reminded a little of the early rock 'n' roll era and the furore in some circles when Bobby Darin did a fast & joyful version of Danny Boy.

But here's another Beeswing for you, this time by Scottish harp queen Maeve Gilchrist and her trio.

And here's another number by the intoxicating Maeve and the boys, a traditional song, Twa Corbies.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:10 pm UTC

Or slow, sad versions of fast, upbeat songs. Granted, the only one I can think if offhand is the Friday cover, but I know there are more
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:42 pm UTC

PM 2Ring wrote:
Quercus wrote:That's a treasure of a recording, thanks. By way of reciprocation have you come across the acapella cover of Beeswing by the Futureheads. I'll warn you, it's quite "different" so it's probably one of these love it or hate it things. I'm in the love it camp (it's not a patch on the original of course, but then 95% of all music is not a patch on Richard Thompson performing Beeswing).

Well, I managed to make it all the way through the clip. :) It's an interesting take on the song, but that arrangement & tempo totally destroys the wistful, melancholy mood of the song. IMO. But hey, people have been doing up-tempo versions of sad songs for (at least) a century. And sometimes they have great success with such re-workings. OTOH, the "old guard" audience tend to be not so appreciative. :) I'm reminded a little of the early rock 'n' roll era and the furore in some circles when Bobby Darin did a fast & joyful version of Danny Boy.

But here's another Beeswing for you, this time by Scottish harp queen Maeve Gilchrist and her trio.

And here's another number by the intoxicating Maeve and the boys, a traditional song, Twa Corbies.

Wow, that Maeve Gilchrist version is beautiful - proper shivers down the spine stuff. I get what you're saying about the Futureheads version, and I've never really thought about it before, but what they do isn't just a cover version, it's a bit of an emotional reworking as well. It's not a melancholy song in their hands, but is more a celebration of the relationship. Indeed, they miss out the last verse, as that really wouldn't have fitted with that mood.

It's a tricky one though, that sort of thing isn't going to work for everyone, because the emotional content of a song is such a personal thing. For example, I can't stand the Alexandra Burke version of Hallelujah (although I remain to be convinced that that isn't a simple emotional misinterpretation rather than a conscious reworking).

While we're swapping folk ballads, here's a song called The Herring Girl from (and by) Bella Hardy.

SecondTalon wrote:Or slow, sad versions of fast, upbeat songs. Granted, the only one I can think if offhand is the Friday cover, but I know there are more

Susanna Wallumroed has something of a line in these (and when I say slow I mean slow). Here's It's a Long Way to the Top by AC:DC and Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy. She's also done Dolly Parton's Jolene and a bunch of others.

PM 2Ring

Postby PM 2Ring » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:08 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:Wow, that Maeve Gilchrist version is beautiful - proper shivers down the spine stuff. I get what you're saying about the Futureheads version, and I've never really thought about it before, but what they do isn't just a cover version, it's a bit of an emotional reworking as well. It's not a melancholy song in their hands, but is more a celebration of the relationship. Indeed, they miss out the last verse, as that really wouldn't have fitted with that mood.

Glad you liked Maeve, I think she's a true musical genius.

The Futureheads version of Beeswing is ok. I have difficulties relating to their emotional reworking of it, but that doesn't mean I think it's rubbish, or an invalid thing to do. And I guess people it may introduce the song to people who wouldn't get into more traditional versions of the song.

Quercus wrote:It's a tricky one though, that sort of thing isn't going to work for everyone, because the emotional content of a song is such a personal thing. For example, I can't stand the Alexandra Burke version of Hallelujah (although I remain to be convinced that that isn't a simple emotional misinterpretation rather than a conscious reworking).

While we're swapping folk ballads, here's a song called The Herring Girl from (and by) Bella Hardy.

SecondTalon wrote:Or slow, sad versions of fast, upbeat songs. Granted, the only one I can think if offhand is the Friday cover, but I know there are more

Susanna Wallumroed has something of a line in these (and when I say slow I mean slow). Here's It's a Long Way to the Top by AC:DC and Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy. She's also done Dolly Parton's Jolene and a bunch of others.
I guess Cat Power's version of the Stone's Satisfaction falls into that category.

In the mid '80s, Aussie band The Reels had a local hit with this slowish orchestral version of Creedence's Bad Moon Rising.

I'll try to think of some more...

I'll have to check out those songs tomorrow; it's getting rather late here, and I'm mellowing out to some old blues before I go to sleep.

(Maybe we should migrate this discussion over to the Music subforum...)

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:30 pm UTC

I actually heard this long before I heard the original... the the point where when I actually stumbled across the original I thought there was something wrong with the CD player making it play at half speed, before I realised what it was I was listening to...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

bluebambue
An der schönen blauen Donau

Postby bluebambue » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:28 am UTC

Girls wanna have fun slightly slower and in a minor key: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCJh4a5iAqw

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:09 am UTC

Also, the reverse...

[he/him/his]

Yablo

Postby Yablo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:14 pm UTC

I complimented my wife on her appearance, and she told me I needed glasses. The next day, she told me she set up an appointment with an eye doctor. I had my appointment yesterday, and I was told that I "must have some sort of superhero X-ray vision". Better diagnosis than even I expected, but I'll take it.
If you like Call of Cthulhu and modern government conspiracy, check out my Delta Green thread.
Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

FierceContinent

Postby FierceContinent » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:04 pm UTC

X-ray? like you saw the chart in the next room?
The greatest Science Hero is almost certainly Norman Borlaug. His selectively bred crops have saved many, many people from starvation.
Just to be clear, the number of lives Norman Borlaug is credited with saving is in the BILLIONS.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScienceHero

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:22 pm UTC

heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Yablo

Postby Yablo » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:52 pm UTC

FierceContinent wrote:X-ray? like you saw the chart in the next room?

Well, I read the bottom of the chart just fine, and I was a little disappointed that it didn't go smaller than 20/15, because I've always been able to read the 20/10 lines on other charts. They used some machine to take measurements, and I was supposed to look at an image of a balloon. The measurements came out, and the doctor's assistant said the machine must be broken because the measurements couldn't possibly be accurate. The doctor took a look when he came in the room, and he said "Yeah. This doesn't look possible. If this is accurate, you must have some kind of superhero X-ray vision". After the exam, he told me I don't need to come back for at least three or four years; probably closer to ten.

SecondTalon wrote:Be careful next time

This pretty much covers it.

If my wife (or anyone else) ever questions my eyesight, I'm going to point out that a doctor officially declared me a superhero. It's only a slight stretch of the reality.
If you like Call of Cthulhu and modern government conspiracy, check out my Delta Green thread.
Please feel free to ask questions or leave comments.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:48 am UTC

You thought your eyes were normal.
You see better than other people.

I thought my eyes were normal.
I don't see as well as other people.

See?
We need trained professionals to tell us, What is What.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:28 am UTC

Yablo wrote:

If my wife (or anyone else) ever questions my eyesight, I'm going to point out that a doctor officially declared me a superhero. It's only a slight stretch of the reality.

You should totally use this as an excuse to start wearing a cape.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:26 am UTC

Quercus wrote:
Yablo wrote:

You should totally use this as an excuse to start wearing a cape.

Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

PM 2Ring

Postby PM 2Ring » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:40 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:While we're swapping folk ballads, here's a song called The Herring Girl from (and by) Bella Hardy.

Wonderful! The Herring Girl brought a tear to my eye.

I suspect that Bella has listened to Anne Briggs. For those who haven't heard of this remarkable woman, Anne was a key figure in the English folk music revival of the 1960s, but she soon came to realise that she did not like the commercial music scene. Yet she influenced many of the well-known singers of that era, both with her style and the material that she'd gathered. Here's a small selection of Annie's work:
Blackwaterside
She moved through the fair
Willie O Winsbury

Richard Thompson does a nice version of Willie O Winsbury. Wiki says: "It is often speculated that it was Briggs who inspired Thompson's song Beeswing".

Quercus wrote:

They are slow, but they work well, IMO. And Susanna's performance of those songs reminded me of Camille and Kennerly Kitt, aka the Harp Twins, who do harp versions (both acoustic & electric) of various classic rock and metal songs. Eg, AC/DC's Highway To Hell and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses. I quite like their version of Don't Fear The Reaper by the Blue Oyster Cult... but it does need more cowbell. :)

And now for something completely different. The story of The Herring Girl reminded me of an up-tempo funky number from the early 1970s by Danny O'Keefe called She said: "Drive On, Driver". Unfortunately, the album version is a bit flat compared to the the single mix, which really pumps. But sadly, the single mix is not to be found on YouTube.

FWIW, Danny is better known for his later country songs like Goodtime Charlie's Got the Blues, but I much prefer his earlier material.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:30 pm UTC

PM 2Ring wrote:
Quercus wrote:While we're swapping folk ballads, here's a song called The Herring Girl from (and by) Bella Hardy.

Wonderful! The Herring Girl brought a tear to my eye.

I suspect that Bella has listened to Anne Briggs. For those who haven't heard of this remarkable woman, Anne was a key figure in the English folk music revival of the 1960s, but she soon came to realise that she did not like the commercial music scene. Yet she influenced many of the well-known singers of that era, both with her style and the material that she'd gathered. Here's a small selection of Annie's work:
Blackwaterside
She moved through the fair
Willie O Winsbury

Richard Thompson does a nice version of Willie O Winsbury. Wiki says: "It is often speculated that it was Briggs who inspired Thompson's song Beeswing".

I strongly suspect that Bella was inspired by Anne Briggs too. In case you're not aware Bella now has six albums out - so there's plenty more of her music to discover.

I hadn't realised that Richard Thompson did a version of Willie O Winsbury, that's one of my favourite folk "standards" (along with The Raggle Taggle Gypsy).

They are slow, but they work well, IMO. And Susanna's performance of those songs reminded me of Camille and Kennerly Kitt, aka the Harp Twins, who do harp versions (both acoustic & electric) of various classic rock and metal songs. Eg, AC/DC's Highway To Hell and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses. I quite like their version of Don't Fear The Reaper by the Blue Oyster Cult... but it does need more cowbell. :)

The harp versions are very good, but I'm afraid I have difficulty with instrumental versions of songs I know well - I spend the entire song waiting for the lyrics to kick in. As you seem to have a(n entirely justified) thing for harps, and given that I'm Welsh, I must direct you to the wonderful Welsh singer and harpist Georgia Ruth (she happens to be a friend of a friend as well), here's her singing in Welsh, and in English.

PM 2Ring

Postby PM 2Ring » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:49 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:I strongly suspect that Bella was inspired by Anne Briggs too. In case you're not aware Bella now has six albums out - so there's plenty more of her music to discover.

Excellent. I've watched a few of her clips already, and plan to watch many more. :)

Quercus wrote:I hadn't realised that Richard Thompson did a version of Willie O Winsbury, that's one of my favourite folk "standards" (along with The Raggle Taggle Gypsy).

Willie O Winsbury has long been one of my favourite songs of any genre. IIRC, the first version I heard was by Pentangle, with John Renbourne doing the vocals.

The Raggle Taggle Gypsy is good, but not exactly my style. Unfortunately, I've heard so much mediocre Irish folk music that I'm a bit burned out by it, so it's often hard for me to appreciate it even when it is top class.

They are slow, but they work well, IMO. And Susanna's performance of those songs reminded me of Camille and Kennerly Kitt, aka the Harp Twins[...]

Quercus wrote:The harp versions are very good, but I'm afraid I have difficulty with instrumental versions of songs I know well - I spend the entire song waiting for the lyrics to kick in.

I can relate to that. :) I like what the Harp Twins do, but their sound can get a bit sparse and it would be nice to hear them performing with a band and a singer.

Quercus wrote:As you seem to have a(n entirely justified) thing for harps, and given that I'm Welsh, I must direct you to the wonderful Welsh singer and harpist Georgia Ruth (she happens to be a friend of a friend as well), here's her singing in Welsh, and in English.

She is wonderful. Thankyou! I like both of those pieces. And I love the sound of Welsh. I'm listening to her doing Codi Angor as I write.

Our national broadcaster has been playing a bit of 9Bach lately, which I quite like, eg Ffarwel and Wedi Torri.

I love the sound of the harp. I actually own a 23 string Celtic style lap harp, but it's not easy to play! It's certainly a more demanding instrument than the guitar (which I started playing about 15 years before I bought my harp). And I guess that in many ways the harp is less versatile than the guitar (except in the hands of a virtuoso) and not as loud as the acoustic guitar (especially the smaller, more portable harps), which goes a long way to explaining why the guitar mostly superseded the harp in British folk music for the last half-century or so. But it's great to see the harp making a bit of a come-back. And it inspires me to practice more, even though I know I'll never be as good on the harp as I am on guitar or harmonica.

Speaking of harp virtuosi, here's Catrin Finch doing a folk-jazz piece: Cwyn mam yng nghyfraith.
And here she is with Seckou Keita from Senegal on kora, a West African harp-lute, performing live at WOMEX in Cardiff last year. Two Harps That Beat As One.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:38 am UTC

Catrin Finch....
Heavenly.

All thoe people she has hanging around her are....Also amazing.
Like Hitler; She couldn't do it without them.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:03 am UTC

addams wrote:Catrin Finch....
Heavenly.

That's the strangest example of Godwin's law I've ever seen. :)

addams

Postby addams » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:
addams wrote:Catrin Finch....
Heavenly.

That's the strangest example of Godwin's law I've ever seen. :)

That's what I thought, too.
After, I wrote it.

It sort of makes sense.
Think of a Bell Shaped Curve.

Now; Think of a Normal One.
See those two tails?

There are about (what's that number?) Hitlers.
There are about (what's that number?) Catrin Finches.

That wave form is Dynamic.
Don't push or pull toward the Hitler Side.
Push or pull toward the Catrin Finch Side.

Catrin Finch can't do it Alone.
Did you see the Violin Players she was Hanging Out with?

Hitler could not have done it Alone, either.
He must have been Hanging Out with SomeOne!

She hangs out with what look like Angels.
He hung out with.....(fuck)

never mind.
That a Weird Godwin.
I lose and the Conversation has to start over.

What was the Subject before I stuck a Godwin in it?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

PM 2Ring

Postby PM 2Ring » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 am UTC

addams wrote:What was the Subject before I stuck a Godwin in it?

Angelic harp playing.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm UTC

PM 2Ring wrote:
addams wrote:What was the Subject before I stuck a Godwin in it?

Angelic harp playing.

...aaand that's going in my sig :)

addams

Postby addams » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:13 am UTC

The internet is funny.
It's not the water.
It's the posters.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am UTC

addams wrote:It's the posters.

Hitler was on a lot of posters.

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:45 am UTC

addams wrote:The internet is funny.
It's not the water.
It's the posters.

That is a perfect post.
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

WilliamTheConqueror

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:15 pm UTC

i'm going to have a "consultation appointment", or whatever it's called, with an oral surgeon to schedule a date to get my wisdom teeth removed!

...i'm terrified! :cry:
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

PeteP
What the peck?

Postby PeteP » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:54 pm UTC

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:i'm going to have a "consultation appointment", or whatever it's called, with an oral surgeon to schedule a date to get my wisdom teeth removed!

Got mine removed last month, all 4 at once. The procedure itself was fairly harmless, the worst part were the hours afterwards where my mouth was numb, hate that feeling. Though I recommend having food you don't have to chew for the next day. Having something for cooling (was supposed to do that on the first day) and ibuprofen on hand couldn't hurt. After a few days I was alright again.
Good luck.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:29 pm UTC

PeteP wrote:
WilliamTheConqueror wrote:i'm going to have a "consultation appointment", or whatever it's called, with an oral surgeon to schedule a date to get my wisdom teeth removed!

Got mine removed last month, all 4 at once. The procedure itself was fairly harmless, the worst part were the hours afterwards where my mouth was numb, hate that feeling. Though I recommend having food you don't have to chew for the next day. Having something for cooling (was supposed to do that on the first day) and ibuprofen on hand couldn't hurt. After a few days I was alright again.
Good luck.

Ibuprofen?
Wisdom teeth is many person's first experience with Real Drugs.

It was mine.
I drove my self home.

Then I never was so uninterested in my whole life.
I'd wake up and look out of the window.....I didn't care.

Pain?
I didn't care.

What ever is in that stuff, it takes the Give a Fuck out of me.
How we respond to Drugs is only, sort of, general.

It seems some people have idiosyncratic reactions.
Those things run in families. We learn how we respond.

It is Best in loads of ways to test the pain meds,
if you have never had pain meds before.

It is a bad thing to be in a lot of pain and have a Strange HyperSensitive HyperActive Responds to a medication.
That stuff is Supposed to put you to sleep so you won't Bust a Stitch. Some people need Cones, like dogs have.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:44 pm UTC

Do we have a WTF????? thread? Because, this should totally go in a WTF????? thread.

http://jezebel.com/moms-evangelical-christian-rewrite-of-harry-potter-cann-1638274209

Spoiler:
"Please, ignore this fool," Draco drawled smugly. "Luna here thinks she can have a career even though she's a woman; and women are stupid."

Harry gaped at this horrible person. What a mean thing to say!

"Women shouldn't not have careers because women are stupid!" Harry shouted indignantly. "Women are not stupid at all! Women should not have careers because women are nurturing and loving and their gifts serve them best in the home!"

:shock:
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 pm UTC

Wut

(the fuck)

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm UTC

As far as Harry Potter fanfiction goes, that seems pretty sane to me.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:22 am UTC

...no... No.., the ones where Luna and Hermione grow cocks and assfuck their way through the houses are a bit more reasonable.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 am UTC

*reads ST's post*
*laughs*
*pauses*
*cries*

Though really, that's my go-to reaction for a lot of everything I find online.
A man who is 'ill-adjusted' to the world is always on the verge of finding himself. One who is adjusted to the world never finds himself, but gets to be a cabinet minister.
- Hermann Hesse, novelist, poet, Nobel laureate (2 Jul 1877-1962)

Ubik

Postby Ubik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 am UTC

Gandalf wrote:I do not think, I know. You carry my child, Frodo Baggins.
From some fanfic I found some time ago.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:25 am UTC

poxic wrote:*reads ST's post*
*laughs*
*pauses*
*cries*

*Googles*

[he/him/his]

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:56 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:...no... No.., the ones where Luna and Hermione grow cocks and assfuck their way through the houses are a bit more reasonable.

I read that as "horses"...

addams

Postby addams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:59 am UTC

phlip wrote:
*laughs*
*pauses*
*cries*

*Googles*

Laughs, again.

Then, a long pause....
Rumi

Before the internet, People had Rumi.

The bar to entry was Literacy.
Rumi did not have pictures.

Is Triple X Rated Harry Potter interesting enough to teach Adults how to read?
PlayBoy magizine taught a generation of People how to read.

What did you have laying around The House? ....think...
A Lap Top! You have had a Lap Top laying around The House!

A Lap Top with a high speed internet connection is the best Little Library, Ever!

How far is it from, Degas
https://www.google.com/search?q=Degas,+ ... B422%3B480
To PlayBoy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playboy

That's a stupid question.
On the Internet, they are each a Click away;
From each other and from Me and You.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:16 pm UTC

https://www.google.com/search?q=Degas,+ ... B830%3B456
Degas Nudes.

Very few faces on those nudes.
Why? Kinky?

I don't think so.
I think, Faces are hard to draw.

Sometimes, ya' can't do both.
Either the artist captures a Snap Shot...Blurred and imperfect..

Or; A study in Detail.
Not Both.

Some Impressionists paintings, up close, are dizzying.
https://www.google.com/search?q=monet+t ... B300%3B293
When viewed from close, it is dizzying.
When viewed from a distance, it is calming.

This one, too.
oops. No moving of That link.

Jeeze. I'm boring.
Back to reading about Harry Potter and his Ginger Topped friend sexing it up all over the Palace while Gloom-dee-Mort
tries to Stop them with....? what?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

PolakoVoador

Postby PolakoVoador » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm UTC

*laughs*
*pauses*
*cries*

Though really, that's my go-to reaction for a lot of everything I find online.

That's a perfectly reasonable reaction to the Internet in general.

Ok, I'm calling Poe's Law here.
Spoiler:
Aunt Petunia smacked her hands over Harry's young ears; and her voice was sickly sweet when she said, "Thank you very much for your concern, sir, but he does not need your religion, he has science and socialism and birthdays. Haven't you heard of Evolution? I have a very good textbook on Evolution that I could give you on it if you would like to learn things."

Hagrid laughed wisely. "Evolution is a fairytale. You don't really believe that, do you?"

"Yes, I do!" Aunt Petunia screeched.

"Well then prove it!"

Aunt Petunia could only stare at him; and her big mouth hung open dumbly. Here she thought she was so educated; and always demanded that Christians prove what they believed in; but she couldn't even prove her own religion.

Tomlidich the second

Postby Tomlidich the second » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm UTC

I think i might break the key on my keyboard that makes dots if i were to express how i feel about this.

Return to “General”