Thoughts for ships

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

You, sir, name?

Re: Fluff

Postby You, sir, name? » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:23 am UTC

I'd worry more about 2038
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

FierceContinent

Postby FierceContinent » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:19 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:I'd worry more about 2038

Oo Nasty. Celebrities melting, milk cartoons leaking milk and pacemakers resetting to "humming bird"

Seriously though it might do some harm just because "2038 problem" sounds less scary that "Y2k"
The greatest Science Hero is almost certainly Norman Borlaug. His selectively bred crops have saved many, many people from starvation.
Just to be clear, the number of lives Norman Borlaug is credited with saving is in the BILLIONS.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScienceHero

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:52 pm UTC

Call it the "80000000" problem.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:43 pm UTC

The fricken Internet!
I was looking at Photos of Naked Runners.
How human of me.

The next thing I know, My Mind is all boggled by The NSA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_S ... onsumption
Power consumption[edit]

Due to massive amounts of data processing, NSA is the largest electricity consumer in Maryland.[123]
Following a major power outage in 2000, in 2003 and in follow-ups through 2007, The Baltimore Sun reported that the NSA was at risk of electrical overload because of insufficient internal electrical infrastructure at Fort Meade to support the amount of equipment being installed. This problem was apparently recognized in the 1990s but not made a priority, and "now the agency's ability to keep its operations going is threatened."[136]

Baltimore Gas & Electric (BGE, now Constellation Energy) provided NSA with 65 to 75 megawatts at Ft. Meade in 2007, and expected that an increase of 10 to 15 megawatts would be needed later that year.[137] In 2011, NSA at Ft. Meade was Maryland's largest consumer of power.[123] In 2007, as BGE's largest customer, NSA bought as much electricity as Annapolis, the capital city of Maryland.[136]

One estimate put the potential for power consumption by the new Utah Data Center at $40 million per year.

They not only get all the Power.
They get all the Attention.

Look at how Big their Wikipedia Page is.
One thing leads to another.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center
Its purpose is to support the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI), though its precise mission is classified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comprehens ... Initiative
The Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI) was established by President George W. Bush in National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23 (NSPD-54/HSPD-23) in January 2008. The initiative outlines U.S. cybersecurity goals and spans multiple agencies including the Department of Homeland Security, the Office of Management and Budget, and the National Security Agency.[1][2]

I don't want my mind Boggled.
But, but, but....I can't look away.
What The Fuck?

Did they use the word, 'Comprehensive'?
To Think: I thought the Pat Act was a barrier.

If a person must Fight their way though the Pat Act to get to the Constitution,
That's bad, but doable.

If a person must Fight their way though The Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI) to get Any Fucking Where,
That's worse. Not doable by ordinary Mortals.

ok. That is a complete Loop.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_ ... and_Budget

This is the Largest and Most Powerful Office within the Executive Branch of the Highest Office in The Land.
What are their conversations like?

I want an unlimited flow of Cash.
What do you want to do with it, Buddy?

I can't tell you that.
I can tell you it is Important.

Either you Sign this Mother Fucker, or People Will Die.
Sir; Your name is fairly near The Top of The Terrorist List.

Holy Fuck!
The Terriorists are Threatening Me??

The Terroists are a Threat to Our National Mission.
You are on that list; Sir.

Sign the Document; Sir.

No fucking wonder the Presidents go Gray.
Poor thing might want his Mommy.

He can't have his Mommy.
She died young.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

FierceContinent

Postby FierceContinent » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:24 pm UTC

Wow. You Americans really need to start paying more attention to what your government does.(except for the ebola and "terrorists are coming to your town" stuff)
The greatest Science Hero is almost certainly Norman Borlaug. His selectively bred crops have saved many, many people from starvation.
Just to be clear, the number of lives Norman Borlaug is credited with saving is in the BILLIONS.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:00 pm UTC

FierceContinent wrote:Wow. You Americans really need to start paying more attention to what your government does.(except for the ebola and "terrorists are coming to your town" stuff)

How the Hell are we supposed to do That??
Did you see how classified that is?

If a person happened to know any more or as much as Wikipedia,
Well....That might not be a smart thing to do.

Even at the smallest and most local level,
Sticking a person's nose into Important People's Jobs is not encouraged.

In fact, I know from Personal Experience, Strangers are Not Welcome.
Anyone that does not have his or her hands in someone's pants is Strange.

Some of us are stranger than others.
We are universally unwelcome.

well...Unless we know a guy that knows a guy.
If you know the Right guy, you can skip the meeting.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:42 pm UTC

Fluff: Americans might be able to influence their government if not nearly all of them voted for the established parties by default. There are plentiful states where you can vote something other than Democrats or Republicans. There are also several "alternative" parties that can be elected in multiple states. Use that opportunity to vote for the party that you actually agree most with. Keep that up for a few terms, and if enough people share your opinion the party of your choice will eventually get the opportunity to exert some influence.

Basically what the USA seem to be suffering from, from a European perspective, is a very severe case of tactical voting. Tactical voting always does the opposite of what the tactical voter wants. Here's a document (computer-translated from Dutch so please bear with me) that explains by a concrete example how tactical voting helps the party that you're trying to prevent from winning at the expense of the party that you actually agree most with.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

yurell

Postby yurell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:37 am UTC

I do not understand that post, probably due to automated translation issues. I don't see how tactical voting does the opposite of what the voter wants, though. Let's say that there are two major parties, A and B. The voter wants party A to win, and the polls are as follows:
A: 51%
B: 49%
Result: A wins

All good. But now let's say that a minor party comes along, call it 'a', which aligns with the views of some of the voters of A and a negligible proportion of the voters of B. What do the votes look like now?
A: 46%
B: 49%
a: 5%
Result: B wins.

By failing to vote tactically, the best compromise for the voters of A and 'a' lose to the worst possible outcome. This is a problem of First Past the Post. Tactical voting would have all the followers of 'a' vote for A, since A winning is preferable to B winning, and 'a' doesn't stand a chance of winning anyway.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

addams

Postby addams » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:07 am UTC

Jplus;
I think our problems are simpler than that.
Voting is a Hollow Effort, at this point.

The people listen to TV.
The people on that screen are Unquestionable Authorities.

Very seldom are questions, answers or whole conversations given more than 90 seconds.
The people get all the background they will get and their forceful opinion in 90 seconds.

It's true, Jplus.
Even the most intellectual and deep programing consists of the Wolf and the Sheep Dog yelling at one another on camera,
before they go to dinner, together.

There is a lot of complaining.
Everyone complains.

The Good Patriotic persons blame The Government.
Then they back with all their hearts and minds some Rich Bastard to finish destroying it.

What passes for Democrat types seem to be as aware, "Something is Wrong!"
How this happened to our nation and what to do about it, very few know.

Even the well educated are Locked Out of the process.
It might be the case that Especially the well educated are Locked Out.

Who gives a flying fuck how 300 million people vote.
As the Smart Ass said, "It is not who Casts the votes that Counts; It is who Counts the votes that Counts."

On one hand I am angry at The People.
A democracy is a lot of work.

They don't do the reading.
They don't go to meetings.
They don't Think!

The person elected to do The Job is not there for Only the people that Voted his or her way.
They are there to do The Job. Our Job is to watch, help, if possible, and know what and how.

The American people do not do their Jobs of being Real Life Spectators.
They let FOX do it.

Such an appropriate name.
The FOX guards the Hen House.

On the other hand,
How can I blame people for not reading documents they don't know exist or can't get a copy of?
How can I blame people for not going to meetings where they are not welcome?

Who wants to go to meetings where you are not allowed to ask questions? May as well, stay home and watch it on TV.

How boring is a meeting we do not receive an agenda for until After the fucking meeting is over and The Fat Lady Sung?
Besides! The damned meetings get moved or canceled without notice to the lowly. The elected officials get notified.

Voting is one small part of our Civic Duty.
The work of self governance is Important and is Not getting done.

The People get the Government they Deserve.
That may be a true statement.

We must deserve a lot of Government.
Just, not very good Government.

Very Good Governments are, sort of, boring.
even for the people doing The Job.

I have heard, people that do those Jobs well, worry about it being too easy and boring.
If everyone was doing their Jobs we could have friendly little Pot Lucks with our elected officials after every meeting.

That is Not what we do.
We see them talking on their cell phones.
We see them from a distance at the Microphone.
We see them blow by in Fancy Expensive Machines;
By land, by sea and by air.

They are our Elected Rock Stars.
Our Job is to leave them alone when they are not on TV.

I am all grumpy and pissed off.
It's American of me.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:35 am UTC

If you take the longer view, that 'a' has strictly preferable policies to 'A', then not tactically voting could be more beneficial. The more people vote for 'a', the more it shows that support exists for the policies of 'a', thus emboldening future voters who maybe voted tactically for 'A' instead this time, and also influencing the other parties, 'A' and 'B', to perhaps adopt some of 'a's more popular policies. Also, from a more theoretical standpoint, the idea of democracy isn't that you vote for the party you think is most likely to have the power to represent you, the idea is that you vote for the party that best reflects your personal beliefs, regardless of their popularity or lack thereof.

Granted, there is still a big problem here with first past the post, and it would be dramatically reduced by a switch to some form of proportional representation system.

Party politics in general annoys me - people shouldn't be voting for a 'party' in parliamentary/congressional elections, they should be voting for the local representative that best fits their political views. The person, not the party, and certainly not the party leader (outside of a presidential election).

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:51 am UTC

You'll never get rid of parties, because 90% of voters don't pay close attention. That said, I made a vow to never vote for a Democrat or Republican, regardless of whether I like them. People think it's futile because third parties will never get the majority of the vote, but the message we have to get out is that it doesn't matter: with five candidates, you only need 20% of votes plus one.

Diemo

Postby Diemo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:52 am UTC

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:06 am UTC

I personally like CPO-STV: instead of eliminating candidates one by one, go through every possible combination and see which one voters like the best.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:54 am UTC

Diemo wrote:Seems appropiate

That seems to make sense.
I did not study Political Science.

My concern is with The People.
I studied the Stupid Things.

Smart fucking Animal.
Lazy as fuck, too.

No matter who Wins,
That Jack Ass Won a Job.

He or She works for All of us.
We should be talking to them.

We are a dangerous bunch of AssHoles.
Our representatives don't want to talk to us.

We may be locked out of Counting the votes.
We should, By fucking Law, have both the Right and the Responsibility of Watching them do their Jobs.

To the point of Micro-Managing, the JackAsses.
But, 'No.'

The American people don't wanna.
That is a darned good thing, too.

For an American to stick his or her nose into the Jobs of the Anointed is foolish.
Even if you are qualified to evaluate and contribute. Don't! 'They' don't want that.

I can't do Politics.
It's too hard.

Let's discuss something easier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqBB8PHHI_0

That is Soo much easier.
Four. Four Amino Acids,
A Sugar a Phosphate and !Whew Hew! It's Life!

If Americans were allowed to Vote on DNA,
We fucking would not have DNA.

I wonder if they would approve of RNA.
No! No! I don't care what they think of RNA.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Yakk
Poster with most posts but no title.

Postby Yakk » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:55 am UTC

I dislike any system that cannot be solved via a distributed hand-count with locally published results, and then integrated together into the end result by hand.

I dislike any system in which "lists" of candidates determined by parties are used to determine who gets a "seat": power should flow as directly as possible from the voters to getting a seat.

So...

Each Riding has 10 seats. Each citizen gets 1 vote.

The 10 seats are then distributed among the Candidates in rough percentage (exact details unimportant, but I would round towards the one with more votes getting more seats) of their support.

A given Elected Representative could have 10 seats, or 1. Their salary and office budget should scale with their seats (linear budget, of which their salary is an affine component).

If Candidates do faithfully represent parties, then each party gets a number of seats roughly percentage-wise based off of their party's support. Representatives are all local, so provide both local & ideological representation. Their power comes from votes, not from being selected to be on a list, so the party's power is limited over each individual representative. And if you can muster 10% support in any one region, you can get a Representative.

Almost every citizen has a direct representative they can petition that they voted for, unless the politics are extremely balkanized.

The results are an aggregate of each local polling spot, and the votes are easy to count, and aggregation consists of adding up the local results. So easy to audit locally. Extreme corruption in small geographic areas causes bounded harm. No computers are needed to count or produce voting results, blocking much systemic corruption.
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision - BR

Last edited by JHVH on Fri Oct 23, 4004 BCE 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:41 am UTC

If you are willing to do that, you might as well do proxy voting. Any candidate that can get enough signatures to get on the ballot gets a seat, everyone votes for one candidate, and each candidate gets one vote per person that votes for them.

yurell

Postby yurell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:33 am UTC

Adacore wrote:Also, from a more theoretical standpoint, the idea of democracy isn't that you vote for the party you think is most likely to have the power to represent you, the idea is that you vote for the party that best reflects your personal beliefs, regardless of their popularity or lack thereof.

I agree, and that's why I think FPTP should burn in the hellfire that spawned it. This is why I like preferential voting -- you list your first preference, and if they don't win, your second preference etc. until all that's left is the best compromise.
cemper93 wrote:Dude, I just presented an elaborate multiple fraction in Comic Sans. Who are you to question me?

Pronouns: Feminine pronouns please!

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:40 am UTC

yurell wrote:I agree, and that's why I think FPTP should burn in the hellfire that spawned it. This is why I like preferential voting -- you list your first preference, and if they don't win, your second preference etc. until all that's left is the best compromise.

Of course, then you get morons who think that if a lot of people vote "1, 2, 3" and then 1 is eliminated, and those votes go to 2, which is then enough for 2 to win, despite 3 potentially having more first-preference votes... then 3 "really won" while 2 "stole the election"... Any time the IRV result disagrees with the first-preference FPTP result, people claim that this "proves" IRV is flawed because obviously the FPTP winner "should have won".

Just look at the rhetoric that was flying around in the UK during their referendum a couple years back about whether they should switch to preferential voting...

Basically, what I'm saying is: people are a problem.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:50 am UTC

The good thing about multi-member elections is that you don't have people comparing to FPTP. If you have a single seat office, then your objective should be to make that seat as unimportant as humanly possible.

FierceContinent

Postby FierceContinent » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:24 pm UTC

I do think the system is good, it's just that (present company excepted) people are dumb, so they vote dumb

http://www.gocomics.com/tedrall/2014/11/10

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:48 pm UTC

yurell wrote:I do not understand that post, probably due to automated translation issues. I don't see how tactical voting does the opposite of what the voter wants, though. Let's say that there are two major parties, A and B. The voter wants party A to win, and the polls are as follows:
[...]

By failing to vote tactically, the best compromise for the voters of A and 'a' lose to the worst possible outcome. This is a problem of First Past the Post. Tactical voting would have all the followers of 'a' vote for A, since A winning is preferable to B winning, and 'a' doesn't stand a chance of winning anyway.

Yes, that's the reason tactical voters use to justify their behaviour. The reason that it doesn't work out, is that the same problem applies to voters of the opposite camp. They are voting "tactically" (and thereby shooting themselves in the feet), too. The idea that the opposite camp might be voting tactically motivates people to do the same and that also works both ways. It's nearly always two big opposing parties absorbing additional chairs from smaller alternative parties (i.e. alternatives for both sides). Both parties end up being larger than they would otherwise be, but the relative proportion between them doesn't change. At the same time, the people end up being less well represented than if everyone just voted the party they agreed most with.

Yes, it is a problem that mostly affects FPTP voting. However, tactical voting is possible in preferential voting, too, and it would cause the same type of problem. Preferential voting also has some problems of its own (there is no perfect voting system). I think for representation (multi-party parliament or congress) FPTP works better, while for single-winner scenarios preferential voting would be better.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:42 am UTC

Jplus wrote:I think for representation (multi-party parliament or congress) FPTP works better, while for single-winner scenarios preferential voting would be better.

I think this speaks to a key difference. In the US there aren't many multi-seat elections (the only ones that come to mind are the local school board and corporation commission). Instead, the state is broken up into districts which each elects one Representative to its single seat. In the cases that there are more than one seat (e.g. two Senators per state), the terms are staggered so that only one comes up for reelection at a time.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:43 am UTC

Jplus wrote:Yes, it is a problem that mostly affects FPTP voting. However, tactical voting is possible in preferential voting, too, and it would cause the same type of problem. Preferential voting also has some problems of its own (there is no perfect voting system).

Some preferential voting systems are much more resistant to tactical voting than others. Condorcet methods are generally much better than traditional STV/IRV, and with completion methods like Schulze and Ranked Pairs, you have little to gain by voting dishonestly. Most importantly, even if there are ways to tactical vote, they are not obvious and so it will be less widespread. Compare with FPTP where everyone "knows" voting honestly for a minor candidate is just throwing your vote away.

Jplus wrote:I think for representation (multi-party parliament or congress) FPTP works better, while for single-winner scenarios preferential voting would be better.

I think FPTP is less-bad for single-seat scenarios, e.g. presidency, than for electing representatives. FPTP is incredibly vulnerable to gerrymandering - in fact, any system in which a district elects a single representative is bad, because if every district supports party A over party B 51 to 49, then party A gets 100% of the representation; proportional systems are the only good solution. Even if you had a party-list system, for example:

You vote for a party, and then a local representative within that party.
Total number of representatives per party is calculated, and the parties are sorted from least to most total seats.
Each party is assigned the winning candidate within their party from the district which had the most votes for that party.
The party with the most overall votes gets the first seat picked, the party with the second most votes get the second seat picked, and so on until the party has no seats remaining.

Even with that system, you want the candidate that best represents the people within each district who voted for the party. Ranked voting and approval voting are both going to be more accurate than plurality, even though the proportionality doesn't change regardless of the way individual candidates are selected.

addams

Postby addams » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:54 am UTC

What's this?
A dead horse.

Stand Back!
I'm going to Hit it.

If the person that wins the seat is qualified,
Does it Matter who they blow? It's a Job!

If done properly it serves the Nation.
From the local school boards to the President's Finance Office.

It seems in the US the elected officials, especially on the TEA Bag side, align them selves with a large Media Hype.
Then those people must live in Mortal Fear of the Media turning on them.

Who do they serve?
Who knows what they do?
Who is watching those guys?

It's not The People.
Well...Unless the Camera is The People.

Do you feel like a Camera?
If you do not have the ability to effect the lives of those people you are not all that important.

1. Before the Votes are cast, someone Knows who will be in that representative seat.
The elections of the US are as Hollow as a Drum.

2. Those people do their work in Secret.

3. The People do not want to know what they do.
The People want to know they bought the Right Car.

Feinstein from California is a Prius.
Bonner where ever he is from is a Cadillac SUV.

see?

I don't fit in well.
I want a Unimog.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:51 am UTC

slinches wrote:I think this speaks to a key difference. In the US there aren't many multi-seat elections (the only ones that come to mind are the local school board and corporation commission). Instead, the state is broken up into districts which each elects one Representative to its single seat. In the cases that there are more than one seat (e.g. two Senators per state), the terms are staggered so that only one comes up for reelection at a time.

Yes, that's the aspect I have been overlooking. Although the USA have a congress, each state has a single winner. I agree a preferential system would be better for that situation. Though I agree with Thesh that a truly representational system would still be better.

Addams: :P

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

Envelope Generator

Postby Envelope Generator » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:24 pm UTC

Wikipedia deletionism has finally touched me. RIP, List of songs with chromatic harmony, thou wert a most useful reference.
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:53 am UTC

How did people wind down before sleeping before there was TV and electric lighting? Books and candlelight?
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:59 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:How did people wind down before sleeping before there was TV and electric lighting? Books and candlelight?

Yep. Books and candle light.
Books, Candle Light and Sex.

It has always been strange for insomniacs.
Thank God for the internet and drugs.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:22 am UTC

addams wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:How did people wind down before sleeping before there was TV and electric lighting? Books and candlelight?

That must have sucked at my latitude, especially since sundown is like 3 PM this time of year.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:02 am UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
addams wrote:

That must have sucked at my latitude, especially since sundown is like 3 PM this time of year.

Yes.
Well....Not for everyone.
It would have Sucked for me.

There were people living in the Frozen North.
They kept living there. As you do. (shrug)

It does explain those large families.
At first the Sex amused after the sun went down.
Then the people amused, until they went down.

Insomniacs have always had a rough time.
(Whine..) I know. I am one.

Oh, How my people have suffered.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Re: unfetched hashes and turtle excluding devices

Postby bachaddict » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:06 am UTC

The Time thread has caught up. Soon it will overtake this one.
Fleeting thought: have all the thread name changes been rachel's doing, or have other mods jumped in and changed it too? When I joined it was like my post title.
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 am UTC

Mods did the last one, "fluff".

Aw, crap, now OTT is 2 more posts away.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am UTC

Fluff is honestly my favorite of all the renames of this thread.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 am UTC

My favorite was "Fleeting/Random Thoughts (Random like the plague)".

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: unfetched hashes and turtle excluding devices

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:41 pm UTC

bachaddict wrote:The Time thread has caught up. Soon it will overtake this one.
Fleeting thought: have all the thread name changes been rachel's doing, or have other mods jumped in and changed it too? When I joined it was like my post title.

The second one. Rachel hasn't been around in a while.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm UTC

Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue) was my favorite, but that's what it was when I signed up, so I may be imprinted on it. Fluff is a good one too.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

addams

Postby addams » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm UTC

UniqueScreenname wrote:Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue) was my favorite, but that's what it was when I signed up, so I may be imprinted on it. Fluff is a good one too.

Yes.
I liked that one, too.

Meander to the Morgue.
Not a journey to be taken lightly.

On the other hand....

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

UniqueScreenname
Something something Purple. Stop asking.

Postby UniqueScreenname » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm UTC

addams wrote:
UniqueScreenname wrote:Screechings of the Great Unwashed (Meander to the Morgue) was my favorite, but that's what it was when I signed up, so I may be imprinted on it. Fluff is a good one too.

Yes.
I liked that one, too.

Meander to the Morgue.
Not a journey to be taken lightly.

On the other hand....

Can't be taken lightly. Too much dead weight.
PolakoVoador wrote:Pizza is never a question, pizza is always the answer.
poxic wrote:When we're stuck, flailing, and afraid, that's usually when we're running into the limitations of our old ways of doing things. Something new is being born. Stick around and find out what it is.

poxic
Eloquently Prismatic

Postby poxic » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 pm UTC

doh
All empires fall.
Don't look back.
- The Secret Knots

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm UTC

Rei.

So, darn. I was hoping that activity level would rise in here as we continued on in the OTT, and we'd go head to head trying to reach the end of each our pages. Crowning could still go back and forth. So what do you xuys talk about in here?

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Return to “General”