Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Shizo

Re: Fleeting/Random Thoughts

Postby Shizo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:56 pm UTC

Today we celebrate Ash Wednesday, to honor tribute to a great one...Ash William.

Today people around the world rejoice in honor of one great motherfucker that showed us all what a great man is.

Because of that, people everywhere stain their foreheads with Ash to symbolize the struggle of the hero.

Today you don't eat meat as a way to curse the zombies that Ash had to fight with, but Ash's teaching show us that men should eat meat everyday and swallow the chicken bones as well just because we can.

If you end up in a cabin with your sister and your friends, and your sister gets possessed and ultimately dismembered and now the spirit haunts you and your friends you :

a)Sit in a corner and cry like a baby

b)Chop of your hand with a machete and put a chainsaw where your hand used to be and learn how to handle a shotgun with one hand and start killing your friends who turned into zombies. Well, we all know what Ash's decision was...

So celebrate today like a real man, eating beef, drinking beer and enjoying Evil Dead, Dead By Dawn and Army of Darkness.

yellie

Postby yellie » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:59 pm UTC

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who spends Ash Wednesday thinking of Evil Dead.

Plague

Postby Plague » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

I like how Ash can't decide which hand to keep his chainsaw on.

Spoiler:
Shizo wrote:Today we celebrate Ash Wednesday, to honor tribute to a great one...Ash William.

Win.
I had something witty to put here last night, but I forgot because your mom.

silent man

Postby silent man » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:08 pm UTC

Aleril wrote:
Pandercolour wrote:I'd like to see a dogfight with supersonic jets.

Sounds like an epic fight.

Epic in the sense that it would take about as long as reciting the iliad in full length.

The turn radius of a manned supersonic plane is huge, because of the limited acceleration the pilot can endure. So unless they are allowed to slow down for turns, which would quickly deteriorate into a non-epic subsonic dogfight, a fight taking place at, say Mach 2, would consist of the planes making wide, sweeping high-g turns over an area roughly the size of Texas, mostly beyond the range of each others on-board radar. Occasionally, they'll zoom past each other, exchange a badly aimed salvo, then spend the next quarter hour turning around. In the end, the cake goes to the guy who can withstand the acceleration longer, has more fuel to burn or has better support from someone who can actually see where his opponent is and where he's going.

Pretty much the way space battles work in hard SF.

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:37 pm UTC

RT: Some people think they must be in a relationship for whatever reason.
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

RT: I would love to have like an arm replaced with a plasma cannon or something (think sci-fi plasma style, not blood plasma). I wouldn't kill people with it (on purpose) but it would be cool to just fire it and here the noises, although sleeping would be uncomfortable maybe if the gun is cold or too hot. Plus showering, how would that affect it?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:45 pm UTC

You know, an arm cannon that fired the blood kind of plasma would still be kinda awesome.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:29 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:You know, an arm cannon that fired the blood kind of plasma would still be kinda awesome.

Maybe if it contained fast setting platelets so it either:

a) Fired mini missiles of hardened blood at people (Bioweapon if you had 'bad aids' maybe? Or any other disease that could be used in that way.)

b) Covered the target/victim and clotted around them, and was strong enough so they couldn't break out then you could make statues with suffocated people inside.

Hmm I should be drafted into an obscure arms manufacturer's R&D department to weaponise bodily fluids possibly in conjunction with arm cannons.

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:59 pm UTC

Where would you get the ammunition from? :shock:

Neuman

Postby Neuman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:06 pm UTC

One would presume it would be harvested from your fallen enemies. And blood banks.
Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is: No.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:16 pm UTC

Well, there would be like a special vat part of the arm cannon that had the clotting catalyst (for the human statues where they suffocate) /disease (for the long range over time kill them off painfully shots.)

For the actually blood part, either you harvest the dead and store it in another container or you have some enhanced bone marrow that produces blood at super fast speeds in a container that links to the main chamber where the two parts mix and are fire out using sophisticated targeting tecnology.

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 pm UTC

Well, it would certainly be horrifying to our enemies.

Plague

Postby Plague » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:42 pm UTC

In emergencies you could draw from your own blood supply.

Then you could tell your enemies to drink your black heart's bile, and mean it :twisted:
I had something witty to put here last night, but I forgot because your mom.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

@pandercolour
Yes it would be horrifrying, and to make it even more so we could create scary looking robots that would attack, and then stalk the battlegrounds looking for bodies living/paralysed/dying/dead and when they find the bodies they let out a piercing electronic "scream" to scare the opposition even more whilst refuelling their blood.

@Plague
Yes you could use the blood for epic last stands in battle, by like finishing of a military high ranking official or prototype weapon of doom, by using your life blood to protect your unit/family etc.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:10 am UTC

silent man wrote:
Aleril wrote:
Pandercolour wrote:I'd like to see a dogfight with supersonic jets.

Sounds like an epic fight.

Epic in the sense that it would take about as long as reciting the iliad in full length.

The turn radius of a manned supersonic plane is huge, because of the limited acceleration the pilot can endure. So unless they are allowed to slow down for turns, which would quickly deteriorate into a non-epic subsonic dogfight, a fight taking place at, say Mach 2, would consist of the planes making wide, sweeping high-g turns over an area roughly the size of Texas, mostly beyond the range of each others on-board radar. Occasionally, they'll zoom past each other, exchange a badly aimed salvo, then spend the next quarter hour turning around. In the end, the cake goes to the guy who can withstand the acceleration longer, has more fuel to burn or has better support from someone who can actually see where his opponent is and where he's going.

Pretty much the way space battles work in hard SF.

It'd never happen that way - Every pilot in the world that's been entrusted with an aircraft capable of shooting another plane knows better than to waste fuel on that sort of crap. Slow down and do it the right way, or just plink them from a distance with a medium range (or over the horizon) missile. That's what they're for. Furthermore, if there IS a pilot out there that's dumb enough to try, the guy he's fighting won't be, and he'll get a missile up his supersonic tailpipe after the first pass.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:53 am UTC

wing wrote:It'd never happen that way - Every pilot in the world that's been entrusted with an aircraft capable of shooting another plane knows better than to waste fuel on that sort of crap. Slow down and do it the right way, or just plink them from a distance with a medium range (or over the horizon) missile. That's what they're for. Furthermore, if there IS a pilot out there that's dumb enough to try, the guy he's fighting won't be, and he'll get a missile up his supersonic tailpipe after the first pass.

BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Actually, it would probably be boring. Oh well!

elminster

Postby elminster » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 am UTC

FT: I hate the way your brain can associate things with bad sensations and make you dislike them illogically. Very most likely an evolutionary thing (e.g. Eat something that makes you feel really ill one time, your brain will tell you it's bad all the time as a defensive reaction)
FT: I like the way your brain can associate previously bad sensations to a good sensation just by one good experience.

Now to just figure out how you can trick your brain into associating things experiences in the way you want.

RT: Apparently eating 20g of stilton before sleeping gives you weird dreams (Note: This is out of 200 people, which gives more statistical significance than I thought)
http://www.britishcheese.com/news.cfm?page_id=240 wrote:While 75% of men in this category experienced odd and vivid dreams, a massive 85% of females who ate Stilton had some of the most bizarre dreams of the whole study

Zak

Postby Zak » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:01 am UTC

What did you dream about!?

Also, whats a Stilton, the only thing i recognize it from is a supporting character in Ender's Game...
*waggles eyebrows*

elminster

Postby elminster » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:15 am UTC

Z.A.K wrote:What did you dream about!?

Also, whats a Stilton, the only thing i recognize it from is a supporting character in Ender's Game...
I didn't know Ender's Game has a personified piece of blue cheese as a character. I haven't dreamt yet, although I'm sitting infront of a piece right now. Related to the previous FT because I hated Stilton upto one time I tired it recently.

FT: Conincidental things are happening far too often recently.
Just as I was leaving my room with my friend, contemplating about which lights to turn off, I switched off my lamp then changed my mind. The lamp bulb had never blown before and my ceiling lights have gone 6 times so far while I've been here. Just as I was about to switch it on I was saying: "Well, I'll just keep this on, this blub never go..." *clink* "...wtf?!?"

This weekend, I was going to a bar in London. I've never been to it, but a friend and I were looking for it. We walked all the way up a long street then back down. There was a few pubs, but we walked past one, and I go to my friend "Wouldn't it be funny if this bar was the one were looking for, but they changed their name in the last few days or something. Hah that would be funny". 5mins later after looking around, we decided to go in the one I was talking about. We walked up to the bar and asked "I don't suppose you know a bar around here called carries, do you?", only to get a reply "Yeah, this is the bar, we changed the name about a week ago". Quite odd.

I need to buy a lottery ticket while talking about winning the jackpot. If that happened, I think I'd need to go to hospital from asphyxiation due to laughing.

Little Richie

Postby Little Richie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:40 am UTC

i have the song "get stoned" stuck in my head, i nont love the song either,
in other news, crap i have a test tomorrow...
With man gone, will there be hope for gorilla?
Check out my blog, my mission to save the world.

Shadow Tyrant

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:20 am UTC

Godfuckdamn insomnia. I wish I could just go to sleep for once.

Edit'd after wiki'ing: DSPS, perhaps..?
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 am UTC

Social overload! I barely even go outside of my house except for school and now I've been invited to two birthday parties this Saturday, one taking place an hour after the other. =/

Kabann

Postby Kabann » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:45 pm UTC

I've been awake too long, but still, this is funny.

the little 'new posts' icons on the topics list pulse to the exact beat of Billy Squier's 'The Stroke.'

These foras are rockin'.
My goal in life is to have money, power, fame, wisdom, and love.
So far, I've got a sense of humor.
It's a good start.

wery67564

Postby wery67564 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

RT: I want to breed a chainsaw eating tree, just for laughs...
To exist is to resist.

Kikral

Postby Kikral » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:35 pm UTC

RT: Life should have some sort of achievement system. Not anything major, but just a catalog of all the events you go through in life

Most people pissed off in one day: 7
I am the man your gods will have nightmares about for the next 50 years.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:51 pm UTC

Kikral wrote:RT: Life should have some sort of achievement system. Not anything major, but just a catalog of all the events you go through in life

It'd be so epic to have a Hot Potat0wned achievement in life, except with riot police and tear gas grenades for the sake of not being a bad role-model for the kiddies.

FT: Mass Effect has a pretty spiffy soundtrack. This one song I'm listening to right now sounds like an awesomer version of a Metroid theme.

RT: Is an awesomer a molecule? I want to discover a type of molecule and name it an awesomer just because it's a pretty cool name.

Dingbats

Postby Dingbats » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 pm UTC

Kikral wrote:RT: Life should have some sort of achievement system. Not anything major, but just a catalog of all the events you go through in life

Yeah, some sort of database keeping track of everything you do in life. That way, a lot of the time people use for writing journal entries could be used for something more meaningful, if nothing else.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

RT: I wonder if Stream of Consciousness could be on Guitar Hero, and if people would notice that half the notes they would be playing would have been played on the keyboard orginally.
That would be fun/hard as hell.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

Creon wrote:Good. That is the way to behave: subordinate
Everything else, my son, to your father's will.

1) What an arsehole
2) How exactly is Haimon going to rule after you die you freakish decrepit codger?
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Sissi

Postby Sissi » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:39 am UTC

I think I'm falling in love with the colour walnut.

I'm in love with you, catholic love, I'm in love with you, Catholic love
I turned my smilies off.
ParanoydAndroid wrote:I'd like to keep my sexuality firmly ambiguous in their minds

Matt_B

Postby Matt_B » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

FT: Being in the public restroom in the Uni-cafeteria today I wanted to take out a red pen and correct the spelling and grammar mistakes of the graffiti on the wall. I didn't have a red pen.
Et in Arcadia ego

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:38 pm UTC

Bring one.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

SilentSigil

Postby SilentSigil » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:12 pm UTC

I have seriously considered doing this, myself...

The most interesting bit of toilet graffiti I've ever seen was PENNYWISE LIVES etched (seemingly with fingernails?) in a brick wall...

I wouldn't touch that one.
If I say that this is left purposely blank, then the statement contradicts the reality, which is that the sig space was not left blank, but had the words 'This space left purposely blank' in it.

Pandercolour

Postby Pandercolour » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:33 pm UTC

Matt_B wrote:FT: Being in the public restroom in the Uni-cafeteria today I wanted to take out a red pen and correct the spelling and grammar mistakes of the graffiti on the wall. I didn't have a red pen.

You should mark the work, too. offer comments on how to improve.

Goatboy
may become less boring.

Postby Goatboy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:41 pm UTC

Whilst listening to MC Frontalot the other night, I had an idea that is simultaneously brilliant and horrible: why not take advantage of 80's nostalgia by offering old text-based adventures as txt-based advntrs? On cell phones!! The worst part about it is there is some (though not a great deal of) possibility of it being successful.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

yellie

Postby yellie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:48 pm UTC

SilentSigil wrote:The most interesting bit of toilet graffiti I've ever seen was PENNYWISE LIVES etched (seemingly with fingernails?) in a brick wall...

I wouldn't touch that one.

Jesus Christ. D: That would actually freak the shit out of me.

... Having re-read your post, I apologise for the unintentional pun-thing.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:24 am UTC

Man, I swear, when I was younger, physics were different. Things didn't bounce as high or as far when you dropped them. These days it seems like any time I drop something, it flies off a meter or more in some random direction. It used to be they'd just fall to the ground and stop. What's up with that?
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:36 am UTC

Dunno, maybe you attract quantum anomalies?
*waggles eyebrows*

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:39 am UTC

That would explain why machines never work right for me.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Zak

Postby Zak » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:46 am UTC

:D It is extremely rare for software to work for me on the first time. Even my e-mail never works.
*waggles eyebrows*

Return to “General”