Hifaleetin' thoughts

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

WilliamTheConqueror

Re: (F)leeting (A)nd (R)andom (T)houghts

Postby WilliamTheConqueror » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

thanks :) being a part of the pinkening helps too, i love mod madness :V
addams wrote:Fucking Nature.

Tomlidich the second wrote:You cannot surgically graft enough middle fingers to my body to express how fed up I am with this.

W3ird_N3rd

Postby W3ird_N3rd » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm UTC

They say time heals all wounds. I'll happily assume that to be true. They say all pain will fade with time. Won't question that.

But here's the dilemma: what if it's time itself that's hurting? No matter how long you wait or how far you run, time doesn't just go away. :|

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:20 pm UTC

W3ird_N3rd wrote:They say time heals all wounds. I'll happily assume that to be true. They say all pain will fade with time. Won't question that.

But here's the dilemma: what if it's time itself that's hurting? No matter how long you wait or how far you run, time doesn't just go away. :|

Especially given the theme of the fora these days, it's worth noting that even if it doesn't go away time does run at different rates depending on what you're doing.

W3ird_N3rd

Postby W3ird_N3rd » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:27 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:
W3ird_N3rd wrote:They say time heals all wounds. I'll happily assume that to be true. They say all pain will fade with time. Won't question that.

ethpecially given the theme of The Disc these days, it's worth noting that even if it doesn't go away time does run at different rates depending on what you're doing.

Worth noting indeed, but what if the rate makes little difference for the amount of hurting? It'll just keep going. The only exception is sleep/unconsciousness, where time effectively stops for the individual. It's like the burning sun. No matter if it burns fast or slow, it just runs out of fuel sooner or later. There doesn't seem to be a logical solution.

I have experience with time dilation though, that's actually fun. But that's another story.

The Disc, btw? (been inactive for a long time)

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:21 pm UTC

W3ird_N3rd wrote:The Disc, btw? (been inactive for a long time)

The Madness is upon us. This year it concerns a certain well known and much missed author who wrote of a world powered by Narritivium and supported on a turtle (there, that should hopefully get past most of the new filters - except that one of course).

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:31 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:

The Madnethth is upon us. thith year it concerns a certain well known and muahaha!!!!! (5 exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind) (there, that should hopefully get past most of the new things that change things to other things - except that one of courthe).

The madness certainly theemth to be upon you...
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

W3ird_N3rd

Postby W3ird_N3rd » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:46 pm UTC

Quercus wrote:

The Madnethth is upon us. thith year it concerns a certain well known and muahaha!!!!!

Well that explains all the th. If it was me at the buttons, I'd simply swap out every "yes" and "no". Perhaps girl/boy and woman/man as well. Would shine a new perspective on some debates perhaps. Yeah, Teh Watch sometimes just needs a break. Their work can bring on a headache at times.
(5 exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind)

Why does it sometimes feel like the only sane minds in this world are those that are widely regarded to be insane?

Right now everything is a bit broken though.

Sombrero Cat

Postby Sombrero Cat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm UTC

We built this city on rock and roll, NOT TECHNO! To arms To Arms! :x

Spoiler:
I have no idea what the bloody hell is going on here. Busy working all day, just checking in. This isn't my first season, but I have know idea what my roll is. Sorry if I'm not assisting with the madness. Go Badgers! What's the deal with the MItten? I just don't understand...Charlie has a big bag o bots

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:02 am UTC

It'th always interethting to thee what the time thread hithtorians write about the forum pre-time. HODOR was not the firtht time * hath been used ath a filter.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

addams

Postby addams » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:03 am UTC

W3ird_N3rd wrote:Why does it sometimes feel like the only sane minds in thith world are those that are widely regarded to be insane?

Right now everything is a bit broken (but possibly mended) though.

Possibly amendable?
Broken and fixable?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Quercus

Re: Inspirations

Postby Quercus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:06 am UTC

Spent too much time reading the fora during Madness: everyone is now multiple people in my head, brain feels weird.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

No offense meant to actual real life historians: you rock.

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:49 am UTC

New thread title, neat.

Angua wrote:It'th always interethting to thee what the time thread hithtorians write about The Disc pre-time. HODOR was not the firtht time * hath been used ath a thing that changes a thing to another thing.

Out of curiosity, what else has happened before? The HODOR incident is usually cited as a notable example and there's a good screenshot of it. Other * sieves most of us don't know about because they never affected the Time thread, and that's the focus of our cataloging.

>>>

[Separate section for some random thoughts on the topic, since here's the thread for it. Might only be comprehensible to the writer, certainly biased.]

OTTers as a group aren't anything close to general forum-historians. The wiki in particular is meant to reflect that thread's history rather than that of the fora-at-large, since Time is the group's primary focus. Madness-effects are an exception since they act upon the thread. (Side note: "historian" is waaaay too professional a term when it comes to scattered indexing of a tiny corner of a digital discussion zone for fans of a stickfigure internet comic, but it'll do for shorthand.)

It's a bear to look up xkcd fora history over fora-search. What's found in various post results is often not the whole story, or only a snapshot of responses to the actual story. Conversations/reactions are spread over different threads or done partially through IRC/messages or otherwise exist outside the searchable forum space. Some happen in real life. Some stories only exist as a cohesive whole in the minds of those who were present, digitally or physically, and vary depending on which person is asked about them.

The Time community, on the other hand, has always been one of obsessive preservation. It's what the fandom formed around. All the frames caught and collected, made available for people in the future to see (whether just the people who had slept overnight and missed frames or people who didn't realize Time existed until it was over). Frames made available for the people in the present to analyze. See frame, save frame, discuss frame, relate frame to other frames. Keep track of what other people have said about the comic so far in order to add new material to the discussion. Over and over. For months.

Now cross the catalogue-culture of Time with the nebulous nature of the xkcd fora-at-large... not a close match. Community size and manner of formation differ so greatly. Keeping close track of thread or forum history feels peculiar to the average wider-ranging forumite and not keeping information indexed for newcomers is unsettling for many from the Time thread.

Fora: "Why do you have historians?"
OTT: "Don't you have any historians?"

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.

Postby Angua » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:15 am UTC

Yes, but we've had a couple of examples (I think in this thread) where time thread people have tried to get explanations for stuff (like Cheese's sig) and got it wrong.

The original wildcard thing was a mistake, due to the fact that a lot of people were using * in the middle of words to get around the filters. Everything said [DATA EXPUNGED] iirc. There were a bunch of screenshots in FaiD, I don't know if they're still there.
GNU Terry Pratchett

BlitzGirl

Disclaimer: only one perspective here, not the entire OTT's.

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:42 am UTC

Thanks for the answer, that's good to know. :)

Angua wrote:Yes, but we've had a couple of examples (we think in thith thread) where time thread people have tried to get explanations for stuff (like Cheese's sig) and got it wrong.

Yeah, see above about trying to search through fora history and finding it a mess. It's not too surprising that the OTTer in question had it wrong, because who on the xkcd forum who joined past 2011 or when it happened could have gotten it right by trying to sift through posts? Particularly when given the answer...
Spoiler:
Felstaff wrote:What Sergent Haddock said is only partially true. There was some drama involving Hermaj and Meaux_Pas, as they had been in a long-term relationship when they were both living in Kuala Lumpur. Hermaj returned to Finland, to live with RealGrouchy and thefiddler, and arranged a meet-up with Cheese (whose former username was OtherDuck). OtherDuck then expressed their feelings for Hermaj, to the chagrin on Meaux_Pas, and as Hermaj's surname was Sieni (Finnish for 'mushroom'), Meaux added a mushroom to their avatar in a kind of 'we're watching you' way. OtherDuck, who meanwhile had become OtterDuck, and was now Cheese (we think) by thith point, also turned their avatar into a mushroom, both of which were drawn by SpitValve (a secret administrator of the site, who turned evil and would log in as any of the many and send PMs in their name, impersonating the user to a T). From the moderator logs, it looks as though CheeryLittlebottom stumbled upon SpitValve's chicanery, tried to put a stop to it, and found their entire post history had been wiped (davean spent nearly 6 months attempting to manually replace all the missing posts). Hammer called the cops, and SpitValve, we believe, eventually had the charges against him dropped, as Dr. Gordon (a key witness and resident banana) refused to testify. thith all went on behind closed doors, of courthe, but it took a toll on the mental wellbeing of Hermaj, Meaux_Pas, Cheese, CheeryLittlebottom, and jestingrabbit, who unfortunately got mixed up in the tryst (though that is another story). The whole "No. One. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot." comment was, essentially, the straw that broke the camel's back. It was Hermaj's code for 'we're sorry for all the hurt caused, but we're willing to make thingth right.' After the Cheese's Spot comment, many of the Night Watch would pose as Cheese, in jest of courthe, and when thith was discovered, an in-joke ("We are all Cheese") sprang up. It quickly spread to other boards, like the Free 'n' Destitute (With Hookers 'n' Blackjack) forum, and soon enough "We Are All Cheese" became a way of michaelandjimi trying to lay a sick burn on other users (which devolved into a brief flourishing meme based upon the classic ¡thith Cheese Is Burning us! meme. It got tiring and an ultimatum was issued (now boneyarded) demanding the cessation of cheese-related memes. Cheese retired from The Disc, and has made peace with Hermaj and Meaux_Pas, who are still good friends to thith day. For our part, we attempted to be peacemaker on two occasions, but it just lead to us and thetankengine having a huge, embarrassing public fall-out, which we grovellingly apologised for after ragequitting in about... 2009? Turns out, only Hammer can prevent forest fires.

Hope that clears thingth up.
I guess what I'm trying to explain is that people on the Time thread are used to being able to look up such information in the wiki or in the single thread that constitutes the community. If it's not there and people are looking for it someone will make a resource or guide. But the wider forums are a different, more ancient beast and the same approach fails when applied to them. To get accurate histories over such a wide arena you need to ask other people who were there at the time rather than trying to search for the original posts, because who knows where those are or if they even still exist? So every now and then an OTTer will miss the real story (maybe by a mile), even if he or she thinks a reasonable explanation has been found by browsing past posts.

Sorry about that. We're from a smaller colony that uses different units and drives on the wrong side of the road and whatnot, so we're a little clumsy with the Motherland's customs*. If we get stuff wrong, please do let us know. I think most of us would rather be corrected than keep believing something inaccurate while others chuckle about the misunderstanding in some other thread.

*Some of us, anyway. Some have dual-citizenship, or defected, or have lived here for years before #1190 and are super-comfortable in other threads and forums.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:50 am UTC

The worst is when they hide the real story in IRC. What the hell even is that place?
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm UTC

At least there's a wiki.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 pm UTC

I just know that next time I go to the forest I'll take a hammer with me in case of a forest fire.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:19 pm UTC

Obviously California needed some kind of hammer last summer.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Secret Identity

Postby Secret Identity » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:47 pm UTC

That would have had to be a sledgehammer at least.

Dthen
Still hasn't told us what comes after D

Postby Dthen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:09 pm UTC

Oh, I see the modness has begun.
Dthen wrote:I AM NOT A CAT.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:16 pm UTC

Looking at the topic authors in the View New Posts page is depressing. All the blue names are indications of lack of activity. Where have all the blue people gone?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: No offense meant to actual real life historians: you roc

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:New thread title, neat.

Constable Igor wrote:It'th always interethting to thee what the time thread hithtorians write about The Disc pre-time. HODOR was not the firtht time * hath been used ath a thing that changes a thing to another thing.

Out of curiosity, what else has happened before? The HODOR incident is usually cited as a notable example and there's a good screenshot of it. Other * sieves most of us don't know about because they never affected the Time thread, and that's the focus of our cataloging.

When it was still possible, we had a switch filter in place. Israel became Palestine, Palestine became Israel. That was hilarious.

I once ran a text adventure via filters. Started out by me deliberately fucking with someone who was trying to avoid the filters, grew into a game of sorts. Wasn't that long or complicated as I didn't spend much time doing it, but I found it amusing.

In "Filters SecondTalon made that probably no one noticed by he found goddamn hilarious", I made Black Canary => Dinah "Better than Batman" Lance

Because she is.

Last years was the first with an overall theme.

The first one had... other weirdness involving contests. And mods being overt and deliberate in fucking with people. I don't recall exactly how the contests worked, only that it was pretty much ignored every year thereafter in favor of focusing on changing word filters and a minor on fucking with people.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Sombrero Cat

Postby Sombrero Cat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:26 pm UTC

The worst is when they hide the real story in IRC. What the hell even is that place?

lol, it is a dark place!

BlitzGirl

Re: No offense meant to actual real life historians: you roc

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:18 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:In "things that change things to other things CheeryLittlebottom made that probably no one noticed by he found goddamn inappropriately frivolous", we made Black Canary => Dinah "Better than Batman" Lance

Because she is.

That's awethome.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

notzeb
Without Warning

Postby notzeb » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:52 pm UTC

I have failed, on a daily basis over the last ten years, to buy a mountain.
Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«VµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­ZµkV­ZÕ«ZµjÖ­Zµ«V­jÕ«ZµjÖ­ZÕ«VµjÕ­Z

Sombrero Cat

Postby Sombrero Cat » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:09 pm UTC

Claiming ignorance and corruption, after the fact, needs to be studied (Laughable after a decade). Greed and Crazy seem to be more likely. Especially with a lack of character so apparent. Yes Houston, I'm sure you know you're the fuck'in problem. I'm learning who my friends are the hard way. I'm learning the depths of a tyrant at the same time.

Adacore

Postby Adacore » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

One of my fondest memories of the madness past was suggesting the filters that broke the mid-word italic/bold/strikethrough tags which people used for filter evasion. Especially because the initial implementation totally broke the fora, iirc.

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:27 pm UTC

Apparently this madness it will be difficult to avoid the pinkness and fluffy cuteness:

addams

Postby addams » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:42 am UTC

notzeb wrote:we have failed, on a daily basis over the last ten years, to buy a mountain.

The consistency of Not buying that Mountain may be one of your strengths.

Think about that...
Ten years of considering every day the pros and cons of owning a Mountain...Will sculpt a man.
Think about that...

You would be a different man if you had owned a Mountain for Ten Years.
You would be a Tired Man.

You might have a, Mountain for sale sign.
You might be able to buy that Mountain 'cheep' from the You that Did buy it ten years ago.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:47 pm UTC

notzeb wrote:we have failed, on a daily basis over the last ten years, to buy a mountain.

You should follow Lu Tze's example and start small (you have a spare millenium or two, right?):

Spoiler:
The most testing type of bonsai, practised only by History Monks and other very long-lived persons who don't mind waiting a thousand years to see what happens next.

The mountains are selected while they are small, and their growth is artificially restricted; careful positioning of mirrors and wind screens encourages the formation of the minature glaciers, forests and lakes that are part of the mountain's original morphic field.

Just any old piece of rock won't do. The trick is to spot the mountains while they are young. In a sense the expert is selecting that piece of rock which, after the normal processes of continental collision and crustal upheaval, will be at the very peak - i.e., from one point of view, the rock with the correct morphic field which will cause the rest of the mountain to form underneath it. A wrong choice here will be bound to lead to disappointment after a few hundred years or so. [1]

addams

Postby addams » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:20 am UTC

Lu Tze's example was darned good right up to The End.
The End in one of the books I read, left me feeling uneasy.

He rode off into the forest on a Donkey.
Never to be heard from again.

What's he doing in the forest?
Watching a Mountain Seed grow?

I suppose that might be fascinating for an immortal.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Quercus

Postby Quercus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:48 pm UTC

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that my housemate has bought a pretty decent espresso machine for our house. One the one hand that's a very nice thing to do, on the other hand the only thing keeping me from a terrible caffeine addiction was the fact that good espresso was somewhat hasslesome and expensive to obtain, which is now not the case.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:12 pm UTC

Finally got around to making the XKCD script I had into a Chrome extension.

Sombrero Cat

Postby Sombrero Cat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:22 pm UTC

Wow, that was definitely murder. Thank god for a good Samaritan. Well, I hope that murdering cop gets what he deserves. I love how he tried to plant the taser. Tyrant thugs....
____

Bring it! I got a big bag of bandages soaked in some friendly bacteria. If I was a betting man, you deserve every bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

___

ONR... god bless
Last edited by Sombrero Cat on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:21 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Finally got around to making the XKCD script I had into a Chrome extension.

Ooh, that's great. Being able to just use the extension and not needing to go through tampermonkey's a great shortcut.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

GNU Terry Pratchett:GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby bachaddict » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:30 am UTC

Quercus wrote:GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett=GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett'GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett(GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett?GNU Terry Pratchett)GNU Terry Pratchett:GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett,GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett.GNU Terry Pratchett GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett=GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett&GNU Terry Pratchett#GNU Terry Pratchett;GNU Terry Pratchett?GNU Terry Pratchett=GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett[GNU Terry Pratchett/GNU Terry Pratchett]GNU Terry Pratchett

Here's a nice long post to quote. I'm wondering what it said.
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 am UTC

GNU Terry Pratchett, of course.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Jplus

Postby Jplus » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:38 pm UTC

Xeio wrote:Finally got around to making the XKCD script I had into a Chrome extension.

That is absolutely fabulous. Am I allowed to create a Safari equivalent?
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:11 pm UTC

eSOANEM wrote:

Ooh, that's great. Being able to just use the extension and not needing to go through tampermonkey's a great shortcut.

I just realised this reads as if I'm being sarcastic. I'm not. Going through tampermonkey did actually make things a bit more annoying.

my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 pm UTC

Jplus wrote:

That is absolutely fabulous. Am I allowed to create a Safari equivalent?

Sure, have some source.

Return to “General”