Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Aperfectring

Re: Strange or even mildly amusing things about your body

Postby Aperfectring » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:06 am UTC

wery67564 wrote:Pus I can triple tongue, take that cunnilingus masters!

I can triple tongue, but not double tongue, and most people (who know what that means) find that weird.

I have many (>12) small spots (small freckle sized) on my chest, shoulders, and upper arms which are bright red (approx. 0xFF0000).

I can take either of my thumbs, and lie them flat (tight enough to hold water) against the inside part of my wrist (the part that you would slash) without pain. This requires the use of the other hand, but I have met no one who can get more than the tip to touch.

From my right hip all the way down through my right foot has a very high tolerance of pain. I once was on my bike, made a turn to quick, and fell onto my right knee, and didn't notice that I was injured until I got home and my mom yelled at me for bleeding on the carpet. I had actually skinned it so that you could see the bone, and hadn't noticed it at all.

And to digress back to a very old part of this thread: When I was 15 years old, I got a bad pair of glasses where the technician read the prescription wrong/the optometrist wrote illegibly, and gave me a +0.75 instead of a +6.75 (at least I believe those were the numbers (for reference I am near-sighted)) for my right lens. Basically what that means is that I couldn't read anything beyond about 6-8 feet in front of me with my right eye, even with "correction". I went all the way through driver's ed. without noticing the bad glasses (my brain just ignored the right eye). I didn't notice the problem until I went in for the eye exam for my driver's license, and failed it. To this day I check both lenses one at a time each time I get a new pair of glasses. The sales-room people generally give me weird looks, but I am used to that by now.

I was born pigeon-toed. For those who don't know what that means, it means at least that when at rest, the toes point to each other. In my case, it mean that my feet pointed to each other to the following extent: Look straight down at your feet, and assume that you are standing with your heels on the center of analog clocks. My right foot pointed as the hour hand would at 9:15, and my left foot pointed as the hour hand would at 2:45. Basically this means my feet were, at one time, basically pointing directly at one another. When I was about 6 months old, I was put into two leg casts to straighten my legs out, and was in them for about 18 months, or until I was about 2 years old. Because my legs and feet were still recovering from their reconfiguration, I couldn't walk as normal people do until I was in about the 3rd grade (about 8 years old). It took me constantly concentrating on walking like normal people for another 3 years until I could do it without thinking about it.

I have had a broken bone, and have thus never been in a cast since the above case.

In regards to high pitched whines from CRTs and TVs:
#1 You won't have to deal with that for too much longer, since tube televisions/monitors are becoming less and less popular.
#2 Be glad that you can hear that while you can. The high end of hearing deteriorates rapidly as you get older.
#3 Be glad that you can hear that while you can. Since I was in marching bands for about 10 years of my life, and I was never informed about the possibility of hearing loss due to it, I am well on my way to losing my hearing.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

Fledermen64

Postby Fledermen64 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:30 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:You're not, and I find that it sometimes goes away after a while, sometimes it doesn't.. sometimes it kicks in on certain channels, so maybe it has something do do with the amount of X color on the screen...

now to identify which color's the culprit...

White. And high gamma and whiter contrast. Hands down. Though all the brighter colors are bad.
"I just want to say before I do this that I have no idea what I'm doing and I love you all very dearly. Ok lets light this bitch and hope for the best"
-Myself before a homemade 4th of July fireworks extravaganza

IronyandParadox

Postby IronyandParadox » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:24 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Topic: High-pitched Telly Whine

Wait, you mean I'm not imagining things?

Add yet another person who's annoyed to hear that whine.
My parents have been known to turn the vcr (hush, you! For god's sake, we still have a cassette tape player!) off, but forget to turn the tv off, and I've been known to be waken up by it at midnight.

My elbow is extremely hyperextended. When I'm sitting on the floor, leaning on one hand, it bends backwards and kind of...turns around, so that the inside of my elbow (the part that's on the inside when you bend it) winds up aligned with my middle finger. It's caused creepy looks from some people, especially because I don't notice it.

@glasses discussion: Ouch. That sounds absolutely awful. The worst thing that an eye doctor has ever done to me is suggested that I try a very painful method of correction. My mother was all for it, and seeing as I was in sixth grade at the time, I couldn't really object. I went around for three years wearing those things minimally and lying about it, so I wasn't able to see particularly well for several years. My mother insisted that if I'd just give them another chance, they would get better. Untrue.
Wait? How did I get started on that? Oh, well. /moderately off-topic anecdote.
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.

a386

Postby a386 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:48 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote:In regards to high pitched whines from CRTs and TVs:
#1 You won't have to deal with that for too much longer, since tube televisions/monitors are becoming less and less popular.
#2 Be glad that you can hear that while you can. The high end of hearing deteriorates rapidly as you get older.
#3 Be glad that you can hear that while you can. Since I was in marching bands for about 10 years of my life, and I was never informed about the possibility of hearing loss due to it, I am well on my way to losing my hearing.

there's this thing that i've heard called the "mosquito tone" ... wikipedia calls it the teen buzz. it's a pitch around 17 kHz that generally you lose from your hearing upon turning about 30. originally in Europe it was used to keep teenagers from hanging around outside malls: it would be played pretty loud and kids would get annoyed and as a result not loiter, while fine upstanding adult shoppers could go about their business un-assaulted. Teenagers though, being pretty on the ball, took this tone and adapted it into a ringtone for cell phones so they could use their phones in classrooms, and the teacher wouldn't be able to hear them.

also, i have conscious control over two of the tendons on my left hand. i can kind of slip them off of my knuckles. also with my arm fully outstretched in front of me, i can't lift my hand so that it's perpendicular to the ground. it goes to a 45 degree angle or so max.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 am UTC

a386 wrote:there's this thing that i've heard called the "mosquito tone" ... wikipedia calls it the teen buzz. it's a pitch around 17 kHz that generally you lose from your hearing upon turning about 30.

I can't *hear* it. I can, however, *feel* it. And it immediately gives me a headache.

In case you're wondering, it feels like Wrong.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:49 am UTC

I've noticed a pattern in my injuries. The more serious they are, the less I seem to really notice, but the superfluous ones can give me a knot in my stomach. I have no idea why. I'm chalking it up to a defense mechanism, although thankfully I'm not nearly accident prone enough to do some in-depth analysis. >_<

To put it in perspective, I've skinned my knee (or some other tiny bump) and felt light-headed. About nine years ago, I was hit by a car, went through the windshield, and was in school two days later as soon as they released me from the hospital. o_o Maybe it's just me being stubborn.

Edited for making a counting error in time frame. >_<

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:22 pm UTC

I have that too. When my right pinky was almost enirely cut off I laughed and said: "Jeez, so much blood coming out of it, hahahaha." while others looked in horror at the tremendous amount of blood rushing out of my finger, while when I fell and bruised my knee, I cried till someone thought I was deing :mrgreen:
Ptolom wrote:penis

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

I recently discovered that I don't have any reflexes in my feet. it's really wierd.

RedWolf

Postby RedWolf » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:18 am UTC

I can crack my left ankle very loudly on demand! Really, every time!

lamarguerite

Postby lamarguerite » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:35 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote:

I can triple tongue, but not double tongue, and most people (who know what that means) find that weird.

I don't believe you!! :D I can't imagine it'd be that hard to learn, though, honestly, if you can already triple tongue. Right? You've probably tried, though.

:shock: I suddenly recall all those band jokes from 7th grade about musicians being better lovers, which I kindof dismissed at the time because I didn't really understand. I also suddenly can imagine our symphonic band's first flutist having oral sex with one of our friends (he has some really nice extended techniques- tripletonguing, flutter tonguing, that weird lorly tongue thing I think, circular breathing, funny tongue-pop accents, etc (overtones, too, but less relevantly)). Hm, bad images perhaps? One more thing- he can beatbox while playing the flute. Imagine that during cunnilingus.

Personally my body can't do that many weird things. I used to make bubbles of spit on my tongue when I got bored (getting 5-10 little bubbles to sit on the tip of my tongue) but it grossed people out so I stopped.

Insignificant Deifaction
Small Goddess

Postby Insignificant Deifaction » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:09 am UTC

I may have already mentioned this, but in addition to having a long and flexible tongue (useful!), it can retain any shape it's pressed into, and can also do something I've never seen repeated.

Imagine, if you will, a tongue. Fold it so that the tip is on the bitter buds. I can make it do that without any sort of assistance and maintain it infinitely.
Belial wrote:You are giving me the tools to sodomize my vast imagination, and for this I am grateful.

PM Me, if you care for a chat.

Dr. Canadian Ninja

Postby Dr. Canadian Ninja » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Imagine, if you will, a tongue. Fold it so that the tip is on the bitter buds. I can make it do that without any sort of assistance and maintain it infinitely.

That doesn't sound too difficult, but I'm going to make a fair wager that we have differing views of the word assistance. I need to use my teeth for a brief second to fold it back that far to begin with, but I imagine you don't.
SecondTalon wrote:Know what I hate? The complete lack of electric bass guitar in Baroque stuff. I mean, come on!

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 am UTC

Insignificant Deification wrote:Imagine, if you will, a tongue. Fold it so that the tip is on the bitter buds. I can make it do that without any sort of assistance and maintain it infinitely.

I can gag myself with my tongue. Sometimes I forget I can and let it wander back there (I tend to do random things with my tongue). Not pleasant.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

Eruantale

Postby Eruantale » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 pm UTC

Vandole wrote:I can gag myself with my tongue. Sometimes I forget I can and let it wander back there (I tend to do random things with my tongue). Not pleasant.

^I believe a guy in our neighborhood died that way. I hope it was a rumor.

I now have three little scars from snowball fights.
Hmmm... oh! I also have a hole in my forehead from the day the earth split and swallowed part of our home into the pit below. No joke!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

http://www.yessy.com/ladycarmen

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

Kineticka wrote: About nine years ago, I was hit by a car, went through the windshield, and was in school two days later as soon as they released me from the hospital. o_o Maybe it's just me being stubborn.

SUPER-KINETICKA! Duh-duh-daaaaah! She's invincible! In a car crash? No problem! Get smashed in the head with a fire extinguisher? It's just a flesh wound! Hit by a supersonic jet flying at maximum velocity? 'tis but a scratch! Grazing a knee while running heroically away from the plane crash site? OH SHIT! OW IT BURNS! IMMA DIE!!! HELP MEEEEE!!!

Kineticka

Postby Kineticka » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:46 pm UTC

thecommabandit wrote:
Kineticka wrote: About nine years ago, I was hit by a car, went through the windshield, and was in school two days later as soon as they released me from the hospital. o_o Maybe it's just me being stubborn.

SUPER-KINETICKA! Duh-duh-daaaaah! She's invincible! In a car crash? No problem! Get smashed in the head with a fire extinguisher? It's just a flesh wound! Hit by a supersonic jet flying at maximum velocity? 'tis but a scratch! Grazing a knee while running heroically away from the plane crash site? OH SHIT! OW IT BURNS! IMMA DIE!!! HELP MEEEEE!!!

Thank you. I've just gotten in trouble for laughing really, really loudly in the Quiet Only section of the campus library.

That was ten sorts of awesome. <3

Aperfectring

Postby Aperfectring » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:10 am UTC

lamarguerite wrote:
Aperfectring wrote:

I don't believe you!! :D I can't imagine it'd be that hard to learn, though, honestly, if you can already triple tongue. Right? You've probably tried, though.

I have tried to learn, but not at any length. I have never really needed to double tongue, but have needed to triple tongue multiple times. I am sure if I put my mind to it, I could learn, but I have no real reason to put my mind to it.
Odds are I did well on my probability exam.

Miles Invictus

Postby Miles Invictus » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:34 am UTC

I can crack my knuckles by clenching my firsts. I like it, because it makes me feel Manly.

Simbera

Postby Simbera » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:04 am UTC

I can crack pretty much every joint in my body. This is always useful when people see/hear me cracking my fingers and freak out - I just smile at them and crack my neck vertibrae. Always fun. Also, I can crack something in my tailbone region - I don't know exactly which bone it is, because apparently your tailbone is fused so it would be impossible. *shrugs*

I pop my shoulderblades out to do the 'wings' thing...I used to be able to suck in my guts so that the sides were sucked in but the middle, where the abs are, stayed normal. I can't do it so much now since I've put on some weight, though.

I can flip my tongue upside down, and roll it tight enough to use it as a drinking straw.

I once had what was colloquially referred to as a third knee...technically, it was a right tibial osteochondroma. Those of you versed in your Latin may be able to tell that this means that essentially was a bony growth on my leg, purportedly caused by misplaced cells before I was born. Consequently, I have had a piece of bone broken off, but have never broken a bone. As a result of the surgery to remove it, I have only a numb, dull sensation on the opposite side of that leg. I also have a growth of some description that has been called a third nipple but isn't technically one.

Scars...one on my left hand from a biopsy when I was about 11, one massive one from the removal of the 'chondroma, a small one on my right thumb from a basketball ring that I dunked while drunk two years ago, and a small patch of discolouration on my right ring finger from a bee sting when I was 6.

I think that's all. Enjoy.

<^>
“From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.” – Edvard Munch

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:25 am UTC

I sneeze louder than any living creature on earth.

You heard that sneeze five minutes ago? That was me. It's effectively an intercontinental ejaculation.

Also, rotating my spine makes it sound like a dedicated, but overexertive maraca player/toy machine gun
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

fuschia

Postby fuschia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:41 am UTC

Sometimes, I am allergic to water*...when I move cities (eg from home to university), I'll come out in a hideous blotchy rash all over my face after a shower, even though I am using the same hypoallergenic shower stuff I always use. It is annoying, but stops after a week or so.

*well, something they put in water.

Zohar
COMMANDER PORN

Postby Zohar » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:42 am UTC

Felstaff wrote:I sneeze louder than any living creature on earth.

You heard that sneeze five minutes ago? That was me. It's effectively an intercontinental ejaculation.

I think I might be a strong contender in the sneezing department. I sneeze... very loudly.

I remember once in highschool some sex-ed teacher was talking about male and female orgasms. She said you can't really compare them but in some ways it was similar to sneezing (I have no idea why). Instantly the entire classroom turned around to look at me (I sat in the back row), everyone smiling as they did so. :-)
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:01 pm UTC

Kineticka wrote:That was ten sorts of awesome. <3

Ten sorts? Hrmm, does that make enough for 22 points of miscellaneous awesome? 'cos that's the only thing left I need to get to level 27...

And I really wanna pick up that Ambidexterity feat so I can dual wield some swords.

wst

Postby wst » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:57 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:I think I might be a strong contender in the sneezing department. I sneeze... very loudly.

I remember once in highschool some sex-ed teacher was talking about male and female orgasms. She said you can't really compare them but in some ways it was similar to sneezing (I have no idea why). Instantly the entire classroom turned around to look at me (I sat in the back row), everyone smiling as they did so. :-)

*Sneeze*
"Oh yea, that was some quality sneeze right there"

(Wow, a half-rhyme)
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

wery67564

Postby wery67564 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:35 pm UTC

You people and your weak-sauce sneezing.

I would own all of you in a game of find the ragweed in spring!
To exist is to resist.

ronnie

Postby ronnie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:39 pm UTC

My toes and fingers are unusually long, I pick thing up with my feet. I have a benign heart murmur. I have never broken a bone. I do not scar easily. I have cracked every joint in my body at least once, and can crack most of them at will (I cannot crack my hips at will, that is just freaky.) I sleep very heavily, I sometimes turn my alarm clock off without remembering it, even though it is on the other side of the room. The last bone on some of my fingers is at an angle from the other bones in the finger, both my dad and my brother have this too. I can clap with one hand, using only my finger muscles. I can put my knee behind my head. I cannot whistle. I can roll my tongue. I can move my ears. I often bounce my leg up and down without realising I am doing it, this once caused a table on the other side of the room to shake quite violently, leading to everyone on that table blaming eachother, they only found out it was me once I noticed and started grinning. I once had a really long pale hair right in the centre of my forehead. Since an injury, my pupils are now slightly different sizes, yet I can read the bottom line at the optician. My eyes are an indeterminate colour, somewhere between green, grey and blue. I can hear televisions on standby. I also sneeze loudly, but instead of "ahh..choo" I miss out the first part completely, which takes most people by surprise.

I Am Raven

Postby I Am Raven » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 pm UTC

Miles Invictus wrote:I can crack my knuckles by clenching my firsts. I like it, because it makes me feel Manly.

It does, doesn't it? :)
Ptolom wrote:penis

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:16 am UTC

I Am Raven wrote:
Miles Invictus wrote:I can crack my knuckles by clenching my firsts. I like it, because it makes me feel Manly.

It does, doesn't it? :)

First I've ever encountered that (and I use encountered extremely loosely) was Lady Deathstrike from X-Men 2.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:40 am UTC

I can hear TVs in standby mode. I also have something called a "hiatus hernia" which as I understand it is a bulge in my stomach. If I overeat it pushes into my diaphragm making it hard to breathe and causing pain in my shoulders. If I don't, it doesn't seem to affect anything.
I've been called "double jointed" because I can hold my thumbs in a position that supposedly most people can't.
I can burp on command, but once I start it becomes difficult to stop. It doesn't sound quite like a natural burp from me either; hard to describe, but it's shorter.
I have a mole dead centre on the back of my neck.
My fingernails seem to grow in sync with eachother. If I trim both hands at the same time, they grow at the same speed. If I trim one and not the other (or trim the other a few days later), somehow they end up the same length after a while anyway.
RedWolf wrote:I can crack my left ankle very loudly on demand! Really, every time!
I can crack my right ankle, all toes, right knee, and right thumb loud on command. The left ankle and thumb are much quieter. The left knee I can do, but it takes a bit of work and it's quiet. The knees sometimes do a different sort of crack on their own. I've managed to crack my left hip and jaw a few times, but I don't know how.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

frenchToast

Postby frenchToast » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:43 am UTC

Aperfectring wrote: I have many (>12) small spots (small freckle sized) on my chest, shoulders, and upper arms which are bright red (approx. 0xFF0000).

I have this too!! Mine are really, really, tiny. Does anyone know what it is? I haven't been able to determine if it's the sort of thing I should perhaps ask a doctor about and I'd never heard of anyone else having it before.
That probably means I should ask a doctor, huh? Although I'm terrified -- TERRIFIED -- of doctors and avoid them at all costs. So I won't.

In other news, I scar and bruise very easily. For example, I have scars up my arms and legs from cat scratches after my roommate decided a cat would be a nice thing to have (for the record, she was wrong).

I have a finger that won't go all the way straight. I don't think it was always like that. I'm pretty sure I broke it back in grade eight, but at the time just thought it was a sprain or whatever and taped the fingers together for a few days and went on with life.

That being said, I've never actually broken a bone and had it casted despite several close calls.

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of any right now ...

**Edit for quoting accuracy ...

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:48 am UTC

I broke 3 bones at once, two of them arms. Now that I think about it, this was a major contribution to the destruction of my relationship. Fuck.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Nebulae

Postby Nebulae » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:47 am UTC

I have 7 binary star systems within me. They are awesome.

Rogue5_jm

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:44 pm UTC

I have a Superfluous nipple on the left side, basically a 1/10th scale replica of the normal one, a flap of cartilage in front of my right ear that feels really wierd when handled, and a red birthmark in the center of my forehead (Commonly called a stork bite or an angel's kiss). The funny thing about the last one is that those birthmarks are not supposed to last a year or two from birth. I'm 21. It probably has something to do with being born with my Umbilical cord wrapped around my neck 7 times.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 pm UTC

One of my largest skin tags fell off last night. I'd even named him, and given him a back story!

hat_on_a_rat

Postby hat_on_a_rat » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm UTC

All my toes are just really...weird looking.
My thumb's can bend down to touch my wrist, and I can bend them around backward.
That's about it.

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

My skin is DRY. Flaky white dry, especially on my shins, which actually have scales. I mean like I can put entire things of lotion on and it just goes OM NOM NOM MOAR. And gets really itchy. And somehow looks *worse*. Also have eczema on my tops of my hands, which is itchy fun. Funny thing is, people ask me if my dry skin itches, and I dont even notice it being discomforting until i try to fix it. So really, I just dont care. And, uh, never wear shorts.
SecondTalon wrote:Did I mention that Robert Frost drives a rocket-car that's powered by constantly firing shotguns in my world?

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

Daeren Ryft wrote:My skin is DRY. Flaky white dry, especially on my shins, which actually have scales. I mean like I can put entire things of lotion on and it just goes OM NOM NOM MOAR. And gets really itchy. And somehow looks *worse*. Also have eczema on my tops of my hands, which is itchy fun. Funny thing is, people ask me if my dry skin itches, and I dont even notice it being discomforting until i try to fix it. So really, I just dont care. And, uh, never wear shorts.

That's me. Below my knees, I've had scales since I was 4 years old. Aveeno is the only thing that works... in two months, I have an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in skin cancer. Yay!

However, I like to wear shorts people it scares people.

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:That's me. Below my knees, I've had scales since I was 4 years old. Aveeno is the only thing that works... in two months, I have an appointment with a dermatologist who specializes in skin cancer. Yay!

However, I like to wear shorts people it scares people.

Aveeno, eh? Might have to try that. I mostly used Eucerin when i tried, but thats for eczema (at least i dont have THAT everywhere anymore.) Oh, and I have to use 'roids on my hands for the aforementioned eczema. I dont wear shorts cause I dont scare people, I disgust them. I dont like being the center of attention, being rather shy. Its odd; im INCREDIBLY self-deprecating/loathing etc. about nearly everything except the most obvious: my Skin Failure.
SecondTalon wrote:Did I mention that Robert Frost drives a rocket-car that's powered by constantly firing shotguns in my world?

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 pm UTC

Well, I still have eczema on my hands and feet (right now, I have 6 bandaids on my hands). The roids have had NO effect in the past year, and only marginal in the many years before that, and I finally forced my doctor to just give me a referral. "If you say it's dermatitis one more time, I'm going to strangle you with your ponytail." Now.... skin doctor! Yay!

Well, I never wear shorts in public... just at home, and private functions, like barbecues. Everyone who knows me knows I have this problem (they call it my leprosy, and if they ever get dry skin, they say I gave it to them).

Daeren Ryft

Postby Daeren Ryft » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:43 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Well, I still have eczema on my hands and feet (right now, I have 6 bandaids on my hands). The roids have had NO effect in the past year, and only marginal in the many years before that, and I finally forced my doctor to just give me a referral. "If you say it's dermatitis one more time, I'm going to strangle you with your ponytail." Now.... skin doctor! Yay!

Well, I never wear shorts in public... just at home, and private functions, like barbecues. Everyone who knows me knows I have this problem (they call it my leprosy, and if they ever get dry skin, they say I gave it to them).

Yeesh. I dont have the bleedy kind of eczema (unless i scratch like mad), just the puffy red x-tra dry kind. And my group calls it either "The Plague" or "Itchy Doom"

Return to “General”