I have one OnePlus 2 invite!

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Exouxas

I have one OnePlus 2 invite!

Postby Exouxas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 pm UTC

Hey all!

Here's the invite code:
GLCF-4704-C9EF-BCA1

Personally I want to suggest also buying a usb-c adapter, as it doesn't cost too much and fits neatly on your keyring.

The code is valid for 3 days, and only one can use it.
Last edited by Exouxas on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:10 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: I've got OnePlus 2 invites!

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 pm UTC

Okay.

What's a OnePlus 2 and why exactly should I not just ban you right now for spamming?

Take your time in answering.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Exouxas

Postby Exouxas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:03 pm UTC

Oh, sorry for seeming spammy :/

OnePlus 2 is a phone, made by OnePlus. You currently need an invite to be allowed to purchase it, so I decided to share it with this community to both attract new members and also help out existing ones.

If you want to check the specs of the phone you can check out their website, or on gsmarena or something like that. (I can link it if you want)

Again, didn't want to make it seem like a spammy post :<

And I can verify that the phones are legit too. I bought their first phone and the OnePlus 2 (Cause I like them). And to clarify, I'm not taking any payment for this what so ever, I got these invites because I bought my OnePlus 2

eran_rathan
Mostly Wrong

Postby eran_rathan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:07 pm UTC

wait wait wait.... you have to be invited to be able to buy one of their phones? Wtf?
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
"Google tells me you are not unique. You are, however, wrong."
nɒʜƚɒɿ_nɒɿɘ

pkcommando

Postby pkcommando » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:21 pm UTC

eran_rathan wrote:wait wait wait.... you have to be invited to be able to buy one of their phones? Wtf?

Just hop in your time machine and go back to October 12, when -apparently - 4 time zones got a 1 hour window to avoid the invite.

On October 12, OnePlus opened up sales to anyone, invite-free, for one hour in four time zones across Europe, North America and Asia. It was the first time the company had made the device freely available.

The open sale came as a gesture of goodwill in the wake of delays and problems with the company's invite system following the release of the OnePlus 2.

Nice!

So, instead of Apple's "you want it because we say so" strategy, theirs is the "you want it because we won't let you have it" angle. With better advertising, they might have something there.
"The Universe is for raptors now!" say Raptors, as they take over all of Universe.

Exouxas

Postby Exouxas » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:42 pm UTC

Notice how the specs are significantly greater that most flagships out on the market and how the price is somewhere around half.

They have a limited supply so they chose the invite system to "limit" the demand.

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 pm UTC

I would have been very interested, but I managed to get one in the 12th of October open sale.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Exouxas

Postby Exouxas » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:33 am UTC

Since time is running short, I've added the codes directly in the post. Take em while it's hot!

Punkroc

Re: I had OnePlus 2 invites!

Postby Punkroc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:02 pm UTC

How do you like your OnePlus 2? My friend said it wasn't much different from the first phone.

Exouxas

Re: I had OnePlus 2 invites!

Postby Exouxas » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:09 pm UTC

There aren't many big differences, but you notice some performance improvements and the styleswap thing that they did is a big plus for me.

It's a little heavier, but still not too heavy.

Enuja

Re: I have one OnePlus 2 invite!

Postby Enuja » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:35 am UTC

So, I just broke my phone ... does anyone happen to have a a OnePlus invite? (I guess since they expire, no one will, but it seems worth a shot.)

eSOANEM
:D

Postby eSOANEM » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:38 am UTC

Oneplus 2s should be available now without an invite needed. I think I also saw something about the 3 (when it comes out) following a more usual general release model rather than an invite based one.
my pronouns are they

Magnanimous wrote:(fuck the macrons)

Enuja

Postby Enuja » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:44 pm UTC

ooooh, you're right! And the website also claims that the OnePlus 3 is "shipping immediately." Wow, oh wow, I might buy this thing. (The OnePlus 2 is $300, while the OnePlus 3 is $400.)

Return to “General”