The Man-Purse project...

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Earlz
Gets Obvious Implications

The Man-Purse project...

Postby Earlz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:32 pm UTC

Ok, at my school, we have these rules that should work good(as in, they have a bit of a point). This rule is "Only clear or mesh backpacks are allowed in school"

Well, this *should* be a pretty fair rule. After all, with school shootings and such...

I draw the line with 2 things....here is the story...

My friends had a thing they had to do after school, so one friend brought his usual non-clear bag. And my other friend brought his huge sports-but-not-really bag because he had a change of clothes in it. Well, just walking past Mrs. Satan(typing teacher that thinks she owns the school) she starts going off about how the school needs to do somethign about the non-clear backpacks. So, that day in the noon announcements, the principal made an announcement that non-clear backpacks will not be allowed to come into the building after next Wednesday. My friends are out raged! And for good reason...

So the next day, one of my friends comes to school with one of those huge purses like most girls carry(useful for texting and whatnot...) It is big enough for him to put 2 books and a notebook in, to put it into perspective. No teacher dares to say anything to him, most likely knowing the wrongs. (lol, I told him if a teacher says anything to him, to just draw a rainbow and put PRIDE under it)

Mrs. Satan still reaps revenge however. My friend is trying to get class president. So, he made a sweet poster with a 300(the movie) quote, and at the end saying "Give your last breath to vote for [...]" and she of course thought this was inappropriate. So, he had to take it down...

The last part happened Friday, so I am very curious to see how this is going to go Monday...

I said that there were 2 unfair points. Well, the first is purses, and the second is sports bags(like actually "assigned" sports bags..)

yea...anyone else wanting to try this or seen it done?
My new blag(WIP, so yes it's still ugly..)
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

Cheese
and spam. (Euggh)

Postby Cheese » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

I'm not sure about handbags and such, but I'm thinking about going into school with pigtails in to scare my guidance teacher, who seems to think guys with long hair are breaking the law - any guys done this themselves (or girls getting masculine cuts for similar reasons)?
hermaj wrote:No-one. Will. Be. Taking. Cheese's. Spot.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Cheese is utterly correct on all fronts.
SecondTalon wrote:That thing that Cheese just said. Do that.
Meaux_Pas wrote:I hereby disagree and declare Cheese to be brilliant.

Earlz

Postby Earlz » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:46 pm UTC

never seen that here...but they don't really care about hair... the really weird thing is they didn't allow Hooters shirts...

I have always wanted to take a really holey pair of pants becuase our school doesn't allow ANY non-patched holes. When someone would say something to me, I'd pull a pair of scissors out of my bag and cut them into shorts(because they allow shorts below the knees)

yes...if I had a junk pair of pants, I'd so do it...
DEFIANCE!
This is microtext. Zooming in digitally makes it worse. Get a magnifying glass.. works only on LCD

SoapyHobo
Soap. It's, uhh, not actually that good

Postby SoapyHobo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:50 pm UTC

Cheese wrote:I'm not sure about handbags and such, but I'm thinking about going into school with pigtails in to scare my guidance teacher, who seems to think guys with long hair are breaking the law - any guys done this themselves (or girls getting masculine cuts for similar reasons)?

A friend of mine wore one of his sisters dresses to school on non-uniform day, he got told to change into something more appropriate. I think he walked to school too :lol:
Jack Saladin wrote:Goddamn that's an awesome ****, Soapy. Once they get around to making artificial **** and I replace my crappy original ones, I'm gonna make mine look like that.

KicktheCAN
v "This used to be my penis!"

Postby KicktheCAN » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:25 pm UTC

Earlz wrote:never seen that here...but they don't really care about hair... the really weird thing is they didn't allow Hooters shirts...

I have always wanted to take a really holey pair of pants becuase our school doesn't allow ANY non-patched holes. When someone would say something to me, I'd pull a pair of scissors out of my bag and cut them into shorts(because they allow shorts below the knees)

yes...if I had a junk pair of pants, I'd so do it...

You should hem the edges of the holes, that would confuse them.
pollywog is awesome, that is all.
Addendum: Sethicus is also cool to the maximum.

Akira: i prefer monster black-man cocks.
Hoags: It's getting all 2vreks1CAN in here

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:33 pm UTC

For my friends final day at secondary school "high school" we are allowed to wear non dress code clothes, but this year was fancy dress for comic relief.

He hired a £80 hitler costume, complete with hats and mustache, boots, stick and everything, nobody dared tell him off, even when he started the whole nazi solute and shouting in German, it was funny as hell.

In our performance hall they held a gig, he sang in his band "spat" all dressed up aswell, funniest thing ever.

Please don't correct my spelling, I am lisdexic and know it is probably wrong.

noouch

Postby noouch » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:51 pm UTC

man-purse = briefcase

arbivark

Postby arbivark » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:39 pm UTC

Mrs. Satan still reaps revenge however. My friend is trying to get class president. So, he made a sweet poster with a 300(the movie) quote, and at the end saying "Give your last breath to vote for [...]" and she of course thought this was inappropriate. So, he had to take it down...

The last part happened Friday, so I am very curious to see how this is going to go Monday...

Do the school rules allow (or prohibit) random teachers to interfere in student elections by censoring the speech of one team?

That's a severe civil rights violation, although those sort of cases are hard to win, the threat of a case sometimes has an impact. I once had that happen to me, where I was running for a local office and they took one of my signs down... I spent the next 10 years in court over it.. won some lost some.

Does the clear backpacks rule apply to teachers/principals too?

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:24 am UTC

I have never heard of a clear bag rule. Ha, makes me laugh how stupid american schools are. All you need is two books to sandwich a blade between or a lunch box for a gun, worse rule ever. Ban guns, simple.

blind visionary

Postby blind visionary » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:34 am UTC

I have never heard of a clear bag rule either. It's retarded.
At my school they're just Nazi-Catholic-like strict on uniform and shit. As in guys can't have any facial hair, no hair going past the collar, covering the ears or eyes. They're being crazy strict about shirts being tucked in too. Hell I know a guy who had his shirt tucked in, but got a Saturday detention (At my school, uniform violators have to come in on Saturday) for his pants being 'too low.' I don't know what the fuck that was, cause he looked fine. Friday, during morning announcements, the disciplinarian came on and bragged about how they had ever 100 kids coming in for Saturday detention. Thats over 100 detentions given out over 4 days. What The Fuck.

Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:40 am UTC

Fortunately where I live there's never being a school shooting that I've heard of (although a nearby school did have an extremely high suicide rate for a few years a while back, but that's a different story), and especially at my school violence is nearly unheard of, so no silly "clear backpack" rules (in fact, I don't even think they sell those anywhere in my city). However, in order to keep anything from happening, they sometimes go a bit inane on preventative measures. In order to prevent confrontations who people who may belong to different (non-existent) gangs, they sometimes go overboard on what they consider to be gang signs. Things like handkerchiefs they go completely wacko over (I once heard a girl on my bus bitching about how the principal said he'd suspend her if she came in with a pink handkerchief/rag again...yeah, because so many gangs use pink to symbolize themselves), and spiked collers/belts/wristbands, dark eyeliner, and things like that are banned in order to prevent people from being identifed with various subcultures (because goth is obviously the only subculture, and not just their scapegoat because it's among the easiest recognize). Sometimes I think of going in as a cross-dressing goth displaying a ton of made-up gang signs.......hmmmmm.......I may actually have to do that sometime.

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:54 am UTC

Gangs? Guns? Goths?

In my old school everyone was friends, there were no "gangs" guns are illegal, nobody ever got detention just a polite "oh josh can you tuck your shirt in, cheers" or the "your letting the team down" sort of thing, for english GCSE five pupils from my school came in the top ten this year, last year a boy got the top marks for GCSE geography, were are talking out of the entire UK.

I hate to sound racist, but black culture in my opinion is to blame, gangs and what no going around there cribs shooting people. Sucks. Statistically speaking purely here, there is only one black person in my old school, and that black person was an accessory to murder. No other people were.

Khonsu

Postby Khonsu » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:55 am UTC

Cheese wrote:I'm not sure about handbags and such, but I'm thinking about going into school with pigtails in to scare my guidance teacher, who seems to think guys with long hair are breaking the law - any guys done this themselves (or girls getting masculine cuts for similar reasons)?

My father called me "George" when he walked in when I got home a few days ago after not seeing him for nearly a year with any regularity. Why? He lives away from home, working, and a few weeks before I went to visit Ohio from Oregon, in a heat-addled fit of frustration, I gave myself a buzz cut.

The ENTIRE three days he was home (I fly back home on the 15th), he bitched and bitched about my hair and "How could any guys POSSIBLY find you attractive with that haircut?" (my partner and I are closeted to my parents but not her parents)

Once, a friend of mine got a buzzcut when she was a sophomore and I was a junior. She was hauled off to the office because a bunch of people assumed she was a skinhead. My father, too, told me he would be disgusted with me if I was a skinhead...then he went into a rant about 'looking like a dyke.'

:cry:

PS: Red...augh. It's not "black culture," it's merey the way white record producers and movie producers make black people look in music videos and such (pretty much the way minstrel shows made black people look in the 1800s). They hire peopel willing to propagate those stereotypes for a buck, and like all stupid teenagers, most black kids mimic that despite their parents thinking they're completely insane.

robinberghuys

Postby robinberghuys » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:01 am UTC

En the topic of man-purses: for some reason a lot of Moroccans here have them. I'm not a big fan.

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:02 am UTC

redthegreat: Your sample size is too small to speak statistically. Furthermore, that was total flamebait.

hair: mine is about 60cm, and the school administration doesn't seem to care at all.

clear backpacks: well, I was astonished to find out that there are cops in US schools on a regular basis and/or permanently.
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 am UTC

I hear of bag checks, pat downs, metal detectors, scissors being taken off students and under cover police, police on the entrances. It makes me laugh how I walked into school with an air gun for my English Speaking Board talk and nobody batted an eyelid.

I think where I live is great for freedoms, one stabbing in the last hundred or so years "by the person who went to my school" no gangs, nothing. One shooting, done as a suicide.

Pffft, I can see America blowing themselfs up someday.

Infact, a friend of mine regularly came to our refectory unit on his lunch break, he's a 25yr old tattooist I hear thats un-head of in America.

Peshmerga
Mad Hatter

Postby Peshmerga » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:24 am UTC

That transparent or mesh bookbag rule is a pretty prime example of people trying to make themselves feel more secure through ineffective methods (read: airport security).
i hurd u liek mudkips???

aisling
Has (underage) boobs

Postby aisling » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:24 am UTC

Khonsu wrote:

My father called me "George" when he walked in when I got home a few days ago after not seeing him for nearly a year with any regularity. Why? He lives away from home, working, and a few weeks before I went to visit Ohio from Oregon, in a heat-addled fit of frustration, I gave myself a buzz cut.

The ENTIRE three days he was home (I fly back home on the 15th), he bitched and bitched about my hair and "How could any guys POSSIBLY find you attractive with that haircut?" (my partner and I are closeted to my parents but not her parents)

Once, a friend of mine got a buzzcut when she was a sophomore and I was a junior. She was hauled off to the office because a bunch of people assumed she was a skinhead. My father, too, told me he would be disgusted with me if I was a skinhead...then he went into a rant about 'looking like a dyke.'

:cry:

Hokay, so, the moment you're able to live independantly I want you to give a big "Fuck you" to your parents and tell them that you're a lesbian and you're proud of it. Then storm out. PLEASE.

Sorry, I just really hate homophobes. Especially parents who are homophobes and have gay children. My sister's old friend is like that, and he's in a really bad way, mostly from all the trouble there. And then his sister came out a couple years later, and it's double bad. And it doesn't NEED to be. They could just accept it.

EDIT: And to add to the conversation, at my school they're actually enforcing the no bags during class rule, which has always been around but never practised. We're not allowed to have bandanas, either, because those could be gang signs, and we're not allowed to use cellphones in the school. That includes receiving messages and taking photos and stuff. So, we can bring a real digital camera that takes even better quality photos and videos, but we can't use phones for that. It's so stupid.

Vandole

Postby Vandole » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 am UTC

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous @ everyone.

We're really laid back at my school, the most they enforce is not wearing coats in class. Oh and a couple of teachers get really mad if you take your bag places but no one else gives a damn.

The other thing is... if you look at the statistics, the portion of people who shoot up schools, and the portion who have died from it, is insignificant to the number of children who go to school every day. These suicidal rampagers are extremely rare, yet people still feel the need to act like every shy or angry kid is going to turn into one.

Heavy reactions like that are stupid.
Vandole wants you to read An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom (NSFW text).
Oh, I'm no end table. I'm a nightstand.
Gelsamel wrote:Don't ever sig me..... ever.

Earlz

Postby Earlz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:20 am UTC

@Khonsu
You may find this offensive, but I created a comical character named Buzzcut Shirley...basically a very manly woman that got out of prison...no one is for sure on the sexuality of her but she is so far most seemingly bi...(still kind of in progress)

I'm sorry...I almost lol'ed when I read your post and got to the buzzcut part mainly due to the ongoing joke...(all my friends think my "act" is funny..lol...)
DEFIANCE!

Rodan
Any title.

Postby Rodan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:37 am UTC

Earlz wrote:@Khonsu
You may find this offensive, but I created a comical character named Buzzcut Shirley...basically a very manly woman that got out of prison...no one is for sure on the sexuality of her but she is so far most seemingly bi...(still kind of in progress)

Soooo... you created Antina?

EvanED

Postby EvanED » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:51 am UTC

redthegreat wrote:Ban guns, simple.

Without wanting to get into a gun control debate (I don't know which side I'm on, probably a bit of both), what's with this argument? "Simple"? My ass it's simple. Because it's so hard to get pot or crack or LSD or alcohol before you're 21 or cigarettes before you're 18? Because everyone who is prohibited from having a gun (because of a felony conviction for instance) doesn't have one?

aisling wrote:...we're not allowed to use cellphones in the school. That includes receiving messages and taking photos and stuff. So, we can bring a real digital camera that takes even better quality photos and videos, but we can't use phones for that. It's so stupid.

To be honest, I don't think this is stupid at all. Prohibiting cell phone use (including texting for instance) makes sense to me, and the camera would just be an enforcement issue: if you see someone using a cell, they can't weasel out of it by saying they were just taking a picture.

If I were in charge of rules I would probably allow them in the halls between class periods and during lunch, but that's all.

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:10 am UTC

Haha, wow.

I think I have longer hair than most people in my school, and I'm a guy. Also, I have on several occasions come to school with my hair braided. If anyone told me to cut it, I'd give them a hearty "fuck you" beacuse I've been growing it for four years now.
Luckily that won't happen, as I'm friends with the administration, but still.

Also, you can get away with anything at my school.
There's no "no backpack rule", everyone takes theirs to every class. And no door searches. Or any security, really. If someone wanted to pull some shit, there would be nothing to stop them.

Really, that worries me a fair bit.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

TheKhakinator
the next small girl on KRNT radio

Postby TheKhakinator » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:48 am UTC

@Earlz: You should totally get a clear backpack or whatever, and just walk around with your bag filled with boxes or whatever of tampons. That'll freak EVERYONE out.

Alisto
Crazy like a BOX!

Postby Alisto » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:20 am UTC

I always contended that if my school tried to force me into using transparent backpacks, school uniforms, etc., that I'd fight it tooth-and-nail. It's probably a good thing that I never got tested.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Crazy like a BOX!
<Jauss> Because karaoke, especially karaoke + lesbians = Alisto, amirite?
<rachel> Old people ain't got shit to do but look at clocks.

TheKhakinator

Postby TheKhakinator » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:59 am UTC

Transparent school uniforms? I think that's a bit much, although undeniably would be quite entertaining.

Hit3k

Postby Hit3k » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:54 am UTC

TheKhakinator wrote:Transparent school uniforms? I think that's a bit much, although undeniably would be quite entertaining.

the bewbies!!!!

In other news: I've never heard of this rule, although my school is very strict when it comes to uniform, My friend got told off for wearing leather skate shoes because "They aren't the right leather". Frigging uniforms.
Sungura wrote:My mom made me watch a star wars. Two of them , actually. The Death Star one and the one where the dude ends up in the swamp with the weird guy who talks funny.

Amicitia

Postby Amicitia » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:02 am UTC

redthegreat wrote:Ha, makes me laugh how stupid american schools are.

That's definitely why Europe's educational system is globally ranked below the United State's.

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:17 am UTC

Where I was in the States (central PA), there something of a no bag policy -- your backpack had to go straight to your locker in the morning and stay there all day. However, girls were allowed to carry purses, which we basically used for our phones and pens and pencils and so on...

It was clearly a fairly pointless rule, but then I don't think anyone thought there was seriously any need for real security; we were in the middle of nowhere and just tended not to get any kind of big problems.

When I moved here, it seemed so strange that we could have our bags with us all the time, but when I thought about it, realised why not...and it certainly makes life a lot easier.

I definitely agree there's a problem with the fact that generally girls don't have any trouble for having purses, while there's no real equivalent for guys...I it's a perfectly valid argument that guys should be able to have something of a similar size. I can see the school's point with sports bags and such...if they're in the school, they can be a problem, whether they're being carried around or not. However, it does seem like there should be able to be some kind of exceptions when you need stuff for something after school...even if it were to be a requirement to have the bag searched and then kept in the office or something. (No idea how large your school is, obviously, or if this would be at all feasible.)

Er, I seem to have gone on a bit without making a real point, so now would probably be a good time to stop.

ifeedlions

Postby ifeedlions » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 am UTC

I had the advantage of moving several times during high school... The first place I went was all upper-middle class suburbanite, and didn't allow bags at all, not even handbags for girls. There was much complaint from the womens, but none of the boys cared.

My second school was an inner city, where we were allowed backpacks, but there was also front door security that could search if they had "reasonable doubt," or if you were black, wore black, or were in any way a minority in the community. They got metal detectors right after I left.

The school I graduated from was out in rural Ohio. No security, no bag laws, no one was ever really concerned. There were a couple instances during deer season where students were called out to the parking lot and parents had to come pick up some rifles because their stupid kids didn't clean out the truck after a hunting trip, but even those kids didn't end up in detention.
Let me fall out of the window, with confetti in my hair...

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:04 am UTC

I was in a Catholic school and grew my hair long. When I was told to cut it I asked why, when girls didn't have to. The response I got was "It's untidy."

The next day I turned up in pigtails, and they went absolutely mental to the point where I thought it was actually going to turn violent. Then, for my exams I wore an alice band to keep my hair out of my face while writing. They told me it was 'inappropriate' for an exam and sent a letter home. Well my gran got the letter, and she was the one who suggested the alice band in the first place. She swept through that school like a whirlwind and verbally destroyed the headmaster in full view of everyone.

Then, for my leaver's party I cut all my hair off, leaving just a really short back and sides. The looks I got from those horrible Catholic teachers made it all worth it.

ifeedlions

Postby ifeedlions » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:14 am UTC

Nice, Jesster... My hair was only long for a year, for Locks of Love, or whatever the American Cancer Society is calling their wig program now. I was told to cut it by my hockey coach, who was annoyed that I'd show up to everything in an admittedly girlish pony-tail... so I trimmed and curled my bangs, to make it even more girlish. I considered the headband, but decided against it.
Let me fall out of the window, with confetti in my hair...

robinberghuys

Postby robinberghuys » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:44 am UTC

Amicitia wrote:

That's definitely why Europe's educational system is globally ranked below the United State's.

1. Is that even true?

2. You can't really talk about Europe's educational system, as the educational systems differ in each country.

My old high school got in trouble with the school inspection. Apparently the kids weren't in class long enough. So when they found out they were going to get in trouble (=lose money) they held a big meeting, so everyone had the morning off.

Kjartan

Postby Kjartan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:48 am UTC

Amicitia wrote:

[Citation needed]
My old signature was old, so here is my new one. It is new.

popple

Postby popple » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:20 pm UTC

It's weird, my school has no rules against bags, but its strict on hair length and uniform. I prefer having slightly longer hair, but its an"above the eybrows, over the ears and off the collar" job. Its terrible.

As for guns... We've never had any trouble and we have an armory in our school... Its crazy.

But then I live on a little island :P
popple.. from snap, crack, and popple... thats the line isn't it? isn't it?

TheKhakinator

Postby TheKhakinator » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:50 pm UTC

We basically have a school uniform consisting of a school shirt you have to wear, and then you have to wear completely plain pants/shorts/whatever, and then there is a school jumper which is the only choice. You can wear a jacket, but has to be taken off in classes. The annoying thing is though if your pants are the slightest bit unplain (say a small logo or zippers with brightly coloured tags) then the principle will come and scold you to make herself feel powerful if she sees you when she's walking around.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 pm UTC

Alpha Omicron wrote:clear backpacks: well, I was astonished to find out that there are cops in US schools on a regular basis and/or permanently.
That's only in a very small subset of US schools, mainly in gang-infested areas.

EvanED wrote:
redthegreat wrote:Ban guns, simple.

Without wanting to get into a gun control debate (I don't know which side I'm on, probably a bit of both), what's with this argument?
I think that was the joke.

robinberghuys wrote:You can't really talk about Europe's educational system, as the educational systems differ in each country.
Wow, really? Guess what -- the educational systems differ in each state in the US, too.

Oh, content...

Yeah, my high school only disallowed the obvious things while I was there: No food or drink in the classroom and so on. I was always upset about that because it was a clear case of punish the many for the infractions of the few, though that was before I was of my own mind enough to fight back.

redthegreat

Postby redthegreat » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 pm UTC

Amicitia wrote:

Average IQ in England is 102

Average IQ of America is 98 *citation needed*

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/NationalIQs.aspx
http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id1048.html

Americans start "College" or Universitys as they are here for degree courses at age 21? in England its 18.

But then again, three thirds I believe of Americans go to college, but the courses they do tend to be mickey mouse subjects.

ZeroSum
Cooler than Jeff

Postby ZeroSum » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:43 pm UTC

redthegreat wrote:http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/NationalIQs.aspx
See where the US is on that list?

From V. Buj, Person. & Individ. Diff., Vol. 2, pp. 168 to 169, 1981
Subjects >16 yrs. old tested on the Cattell Culture Fair Test 3 (16 SD), standardized in the USA (IQ=100).

So there exists a set of countries that scores higher? There also exists a set of countries that scores lower. That is not a comprehensive list whereby one can draw major conclusions.

http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/id1048.html
Don't see any reasonable science on that site. They're estimating IQ based on SAT scores, which is a laughable claim at best.

Americans start "College" or Universitys as they are here for degree courses at age 21? in England its 18.
Totally wrong. It's 18 here, too.

But then again, three thirds I believe of Americans go to college, but the courses they do tend to be mickey mouse subjects.
What's a Mickey Mouse subject? Most of the BS and BA degrees coming out of the state school I went to are Engineering (of various flavors) and Pharmacy. Those are hardly Micky Mouse majors.

German Sausage
3 of 5

Postby German Sausage » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:50 pm UTC

i think that wearing a handbag is a great idea, but make sure you don't get the same one as someone else. that would be awkward.

Amicitia wrote:That's definitely why Europe's educational system is globally ranked below the United State's.

yeah, and the average american speaks how many languages other than the one they were raised in?
:D
<bakemaster> Only German Sausage can prevent forest fires
<felstaff> Hype is like a giant disappointment ray aimed squarely at the finished article.
<watson> Treat me like a criminal, Holmes!
TMT4L

Return to “General”