Two-Child Swing for Children's Swingset

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mathmannix

Two-Child Swing for Children's Swingset

Postby mathmannix » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 pm UTC

Hey Y'all. When I was a kid (in the 80's), we had a swing like this on our swingset in our back yard:

(FYI, we called it a teeter-totter, but to many people that term means a see-saw, i.e. a wooden board that pivots vertically in the middle. My sister and I were always very precise in telling people that no, THIS is a teeter-totter, THAT is a see-saw.)

NOW the swingset I bought for my kids has a swing like this:

Our kids don't face each other. (And their heads bump together like coconuts.)

I would like a swing like the first one, but I can't find anything like it. Possibly because I don't know what to call it; the best I can come up with is "tandem swing". But that usually gets me something like the one I have, or sometimes a "more protected" version that looks like two facing benches that could be on a ferris wheel or something.

Anyway, I want to buy one for my kids but I can't find it online. So, either my google-fu is completely failing me, or else they haven't made them in umpteen years because of the lawsuits these days and whatnot.

(P.S. excuse the crudity of my drawings, but I couldn't find a good picture of the top one I want, so I drew them both in MS Paintbrush. Yay paint!)
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Re: Two-Child Swing for Children's Swingset

Postby Deva » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 pm UTC

Glider Accessory?

Edit: Designed it for Kettler swings only. May not be a generic name. Returns "Gondola" styles too.
Edit2: Evidently describes several types with "glider". Includes the incorrect type. Will add Amazon's listing, just in case.
Edit3: Perhaps from GlobalSources? Calls it "Glider Patio Swing" there. Disclaimer: Knows nothing about them.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

sardia

Postby sardia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:58 am UTC

Try a tire swing, use a bigger tire.

mathmannix

Postby mathmannix » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:43 pm UTC

Thank you Deva, helpful as always!
I hear velociraptor tastes like chicken.

Return to “General”