A topic in which I expound my prodigious ignorance of polyamory. Posted 20 Jan 2018, 19:18 by CorruptUser

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Fractal_Tangent
Today is my Birthday!

Re: Trump presidency

Postby Fractal_Tangent » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:00 pm UTC

Liri wrote:
oh my goodddddddddddddddddddddddddd
eSOANEM wrote:
right now, that means it's Nazi punching time.

she/her/hers
=]

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:18 pm UTC

CorruptUser wrote:
please don't show us your little tool
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Kewangji wrote:I'd buy you chili ice cream if you were here, or some other incongruous sweet.
natraj wrote:i have a bizarre mental block against the very idea of people enjoying mint and chocolate together.

CorruptUser

Postby CorruptUser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:24 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Last I'm going to say on this, because this is getting seriously off topic.

What people do behind closed doors is definitely not something the government should be getting involved in. However, that doesn't mean that everything the goes on behind closed doors should be normalized. Poly relationships are probably one such thing.

Society deciding that women must get married/remarried to a man is also not right, or really that everyone must be married, is something that also should end.

For those who want to watch Trump livestream

Apparently he claims "America First does not mean America Alone". So, umm, progress?
Aww, he found some friends last night.
African American unemployment, historic low. Women, historic low. Unemployment, get low low low low low low.
Trump is only businessman ever elected president. Only one in history! Sorry Carter, your peanut farm doesn't count. You too Teddy Roosevelt, Madison, Monroe, Hoover, and Bush 41. You weren't real presidents.

Ginger

A topic in which I expound my prodigious ignorance of polyamory. Posted 20 Jan 2018, 19:18 by CorruptUser

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 am UTC

CorruptUser wrote:
Spoiler:
Last I'm going to say on this, because this is getting seriously off topic.

What people do behind closed doors is definitely not something the government should be getting involved in. However, that doesn't mean that everything the goes on behind closed doors should be normalized. Poly relationships are probably one such thing.

Society deciding that women must get married/remarried to a man is also not right, or really that everyone must be married, is something that also should end.

Poly relationships are so, so much freer than boring old hat monogamous ones. I support polyamorous marriages and what's more: They would reduce cheating by making sure the multiple partners can take care of each others' needs, it would support diversity among couples/triples/quadruples/whatevers, it would normalize bisexual relationships to some degree AND it should totes, always forever and ever be legal and sanctioned by the government. Straight relationships have been the norm F-FOREVER... and... it time the poly people got their time in the limelight too. There's nothing deviant or wrong about being poly, the partners don't usually fight and jealous over each other and with more people means everyone gets more attention from their partners... and U Mad 'cause that mean u get less women? REALLY?
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Peaceful Whale

Re: A topic in which I expound my prodigious ignorance of polyamory. Posted 20 Jan 2018, 19:18 by CorruptUser

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:46 am UTC

2 questions: completely unrelated (kinda)
Why does this topic
A: have a little radiation symbol on it, off to the side. It looks like it’s supposed to mean something.
And B: how were you able to have such a long subject title, I though there was a limit.
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Ginger

Re: A topic in which I expound my prodigious ignorance of polyamory. Posted 20 Jan 2018, 19:18 by CorruptUser

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:56 am UTC

I think a radiation symbol is one of the icons you can choose to send in a private messages? Dunno about regular topics on the forums and I don't see it either. And... can't answer re: subject titles I assume there was a limit and ST just B-BROKE IT. Combo b-broke it. <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Carlington

Postby Carlington » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:15 am UTC

The whole premise of "not enough women to go around" is tantamount to saying "polyamory gives women too many choices" and implies "women will have to be in a relationship with me because there will be no other choice" so like, if that's the hill you wanna die on I won't try to stop you.
Kewangji: Posdy zwei tosdy osdy oady. Bork bork bork, hoppity syphilis bork.

Eebster the Great: What specifically is moving faster than light in these examples?
doogly: Hands waving furiously.

Please use he/him/his pronouns when referring to me.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:31 pm UTC

(Thread-splits by mods - or at least the upper level of mods, even if not universal - are likely by way of tools that have more generous limitations, or even no practical limits at all, compared to those imposed upon basic forum peons like ourselves. Just so that they can do things like adjust things on behalf of people who TPTB agree can have normally disallowed things, at least just the once. All praise the Mods! For they can do things that seem magical. Also they are magical, but that's just power over time and space, and has nothing to do with the rather trivial Moderator-level web interface that just happens to have been designed by Merlin, updated by Siegfried & Roy and then fully documented by Penn & Teller.)

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm UTC

Another benefit of poly 'ships is that when you being ignore by one spouse you can go get help from another. Different mates offer different viewpoints in relationships, different personalities, so you get use to dealing with a variety of social responses. And... different partners not obligate you to be loyal to them only is a refreshing sense of freedoms I find. Your experiences may vary. And last note: I don't Need religious validation for my poly relationships yet: I secretly and breathy sighs about the day when my own religion shall recognize marriages outside of monogamous man woman no polies or Lesbians allowed marriages, like: Polyamorous marriages. And gay peoples' marriages ARE supreme courts legal right? SO WHY NOT re: poly married peoples?

Return to “General”