Hi! Looking for someone, no, I am not a bot or something

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

DharienNight

Hi! Looking for someone, no, I am not a bot or something

Postby DharienNight » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:46 am UTC

In the last year I have been an AVID fan and reader of a fanfic writer in Archive of Our Own, this person used the nickname Oregonaut, and I found this forum searching in google. A few months ago he/she suddenly dissapeared and I can't find the rest of his amazing evangelion fanfic. I would LOVE to know if someone knows his website,blog or if he/she is still writing fanfics somewhere, I am a little worried about him/her because I really liked him and we shared some good comments and stuff. I would be really grateful for some info about this writer in order to find his writings <3

Cheers

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Hi! Looking for someone, no, I am not a bot or something

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:05 pm UTC

Oregonaut hasn’t been here in about six years. Best you can do is hope they still check the email linked to that account.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

DharienNight

Postby DharienNight » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:57 pm UTC

Can anybody give me the email in order to send a messaged asking if he is ok?

Sableagle
Ormurinn's Alt

Postby Sableagle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:17 pm UTC

There was a link to the profile in the first reply, and there's a "send PM" link somewhere on it.

I've sent your first post as a quote in a reply to you redirected to Oregonaut, though, so if Oregonaut is seeing email notifications from this forum there's already one on its way.
Oh, Willie McBride, it was all done in vain.

Soupspoon
You have done something you shouldn't. Or are about to.

Postby Soupspoon » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:23 pm UTC

I think the suggestion is that you PM them within the forum, in the hope that they receive an email notification to tell them that they've got a new private message..?

Anything other than that¹ would be stretching various ethics and data protection principles. Though it's far from guaranteed that it's not leading you to either a throw-away or thrown-away address. Or xkcd notifications like that now get auto-spamminated even if it's current.

Still, try it. In today's world there's still every possibility that this will work (or word will spread in the right direction) if contact is mutually desired and possible.

(Ironic that the medium than spawned Friends Reunited has created this sort of problem too.)

Ninjaed by Sableagle, but I think I still had something useful to say with the rest.

¹Or someone already with their email for personal purposes (not admins who maybe could scrape it from the forum backend DB, but probably ought not to) send a mail of their own alerting them to your interest, and asking whether they want to continue.

doogly
Dr. The Juggernaut of Touching Himself

Postby doogly » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

Soupspoon wrote:(not admins who maybe could scrape it from the forum backend DB, but probably ought not to)

There's always bribes. You could try bribes.
LE4dGOLEM: What's a Doug?
Noc: A larval Doogly. They grow the tail and stinger upon reaching adulthood.

Keep waggling your butt brows Brothers.
Or; Is that your eye butthairs?

DharienNight

Postby DharienNight » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 am UTC

I already sent some pm to oregonaut I would be grateful if someone could contact him and ask him if he is fine! We miss him a lot in Archive of Our Own and We all loved his fanfic :)

Return to “General”