High and low point of your day

Things that don't belong anywhere else. (Check first).

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

micco

Re: High and low point of your day

Postby micco » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:59 pm UTC

Low: I`m feeling tired.

High: I found an awesome hat today.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

babyduo

Postby babyduo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:32 pm UTC

high point: ending of the girl who leapt through time

low point: screwed up sleep schedule again :cry:

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:35 am UTC

High: Next week I'm listening to Neal Stephenson speak in Cambridge!
Low: This week, however, I'm slogging through unimaginable piles of homework.

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:36 am UTC

High: Thinking I would be able to see Boy today.

Low: Not being able to see Boy today, thanks to my pushy mother.

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

micco

Postby micco » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

High: Made a new personal speed record on a bicycle. 32.5 km/h.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

carbohydrated

Postby carbohydrated » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:48 pm UTC

simultaneously both high and low point of my day: The computer crashed, and i no longer have the windows XP installation disks I needed to fix it. But then, i found the Ubuntu installation CD and managed to save the things i needed to save off this damn machine. Also, finally installed Ubuntu on here. but because the conversion happened instantly, I'm now lost in this computer and don't know what to do 90% of the time. whoppeee.

Felford

Postby Felford » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

High: Got up and found out I'd stumbled upon the part of the day normally known as "morning" thanks to going to be at a reasonable time last night

Low: Getting to 5 in the afternoon and realising that, having been to the gym, my meagre breakfast had not been enough to sustain me. I was very, very hungry. And unable to concentrate on anything. I hadn't realised why for a while; I was just getting really frustrated by an inability to concentrate on the book I was reading/email(s) I was replying to etc etc. Then I walked into the kitchen and noticed someone had eaten lunch. I was all "I definitely should have eaten something in the last 7 hours..."

Lolsaur

Postby Lolsaur » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:27 pm UTC

High: Getting of early from work and then getting a surprise call from Teapot! Yay! The call is made even better after her moving away to Uni, while I'm still up here in Ol' Stoney and will soon be moving to Glasgow for Strathclyde Uni, which also has a distinct lack of Teapot.

Low: Happened right now; thinking of how Glasgow will also have a distinct lack of Teapot.
Worst Fight Scene Ever

This cosy, special made for this Teapot

Spoiler:
You've never looked better than you did that night
And your eyes have never looked so blue
And when we kissed it was like nothing else existed
As time stood still for me and you

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:28 pm UTC

Low: Getting up for school.
High: The maths teacher I don't like not accosting me about doing a test that decides whether I say in this class and hence determines whether I have a chance at getting into a physics course at uni, meaning I have an extra week to actually learn the material.
High: Going to a mate's birthday party on Thursday, after which we'll all be going to the Official Sixth Form Party.
High: Meeting the year twelves who are doing the IB and getting along well with them.
High: Successfully playing a prank on our physics teacher. We had physics with our other teacher, and someone had a ringtone that has all alarms and sirens and goes "GINGER ALERT". We tease our teacher about being ginger, so when he walks through our room to get something, this girl sets off this ringtone. This is funny but not the best part. So he asks if the girl can bluetooth it to him, as his daughter will find it funny. Since he's teaching I persuade him to leave his phone with me and I'll give it back once it's done. We then load the ringtone onto his phone, set it as his ringtone for all calls, remove the divert function he put on it (probably so he's not bothered while teaching a lesson). and then I give it back to him. Our other physics teacher then calls him once we've closed the door. So in the middle of the class he's teaching, suddenly alarms and sirens and proclamations of gingers come from his pocket very loudly. Then I pop my head through the sliding doors between our rooms and laugh my head off at him. Oh man, that was great. He took it all in good faith, cause all the physics teachers at our school are cool like that.

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm UTC

High point: Realizing there wasn't really a low point to my day
Low point: Realizing that was the high point of my day
500%!

danpilon54

Postby danpilon54 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:10 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:High point: Realizing there wasn't really a low point to my day

*my head asplode*

High point: only 1 class today
Low point: had to write a research grant proposal...
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Well, I killed a homeless man. We can't all be good people.

1hitcombo

Postby 1hitcombo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:11 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:High point: Realizing there wasn't really a low point to my day

I've had a lot of those days.

High: Asus eee pc arrived and I messed around with it for about 4 hours

Low: Did my flatmate's dishes (which involved our big pot and pan) that he hasn't done for 2 days so I could cook something.

LL Cool J
___ and ___

Postby LL Cool J » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:24 am UTC

Low point: Started a new class, have to collaborate.
High point of the low point: Group is awesome, and it looks like it should be smooth sailing.

Overall high point: I have an hour on the internet. Internet is awesome. Conversation is awesome. Day is, therefore, awesome.
Low point of that high point: No internet tomorrow.

Lowest point: Have another class, am ill-prepared and scared of teacher. Also, have to leave internet and conversation for class.

I think maybe I should spend less time analysing this, and more time making the most of what I have.
Rippy wrote:Slogan: "Beauty. Grace. Fluticasone propionate. Inhale twice daily."

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 am UTC

High: Watched The Seventh Seal for a class.
High: Found old disney songs on someone's shared library.
Low: Writing a paper. Bleh.
Low: Studying "The Hollow Men" and The Seventh Seal in the same day can be a bit of a downer.

folkhero

Postby folkhero » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:41 am UTC

High: Realizing that the last exercise for my Real Analysis HW would only take 15 minutes, instead of the 1-2 hours that most of the others took.
Low: Realizing that if I had figured that out 20 minutes earlier, I could have gone to a Pinback concert tonight.
To all law enforcement entities, this is not an admission of guilt...

schumi_girl
Human sacrifice for hire

Postby schumi_girl » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 am UTC

High: Finding the only comic book in the city, and buying the only copy of Buffy Season 8, Volume One.

Low: Having no money left.

Adam: "This could be trouble."
Riley: "We'd better make a fort."
Adam: "I'll get some pillows."

kriel

Postby kriel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:46 pm UTC

High point: Getting a Monster. (I luv monster. Especially blue.)

Low point: Forgetting to get my (unopened) Monster out of the car after it got totalled just outside the gas station.

(Note, I said it got totalled, not I totalled it. IE: The fault wasn't mine)
(Also Note, My low point was missing the Monster, not a trip to the hospital. IE: I'm fine.)

emceng

Postby emceng » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:19 pm UTC

What the heck is a Monster? Oh, and glad you're ok.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:24 pm UTC

emceng wrote:What the heck is a Monster? Oh, and glad you're ok.

IT'S AN ENERGY DRINK FOR MEN.

MENERGY!
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

Zapheod

Postby Zapheod » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 pm UTC

High - Replacement CPU arrived today. My expensive box of parts will finally become a computer!
Higher - Talked to fellow employees about the person I just replaced. Apparently he did not know how to use Excel and was trying to do sales forecasting manually, was old, had questionable smells and was a general pain in the ass. The company still kept him around for a year. Me - good cleanliness, knows how to use a computer and not a pain in the ass. job security = over 9000!
Low - 2.5 hours till I can actually get my computer working and I know how much of a pain it will be to install an OS and all the other software.

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 pm UTC

High: the odd pain I've had in my ears the last couple of days seems to have gone away.
Low: parents' car breaking down on me for no apparent reason :|

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

High: I need to get a spangly new computer at work. with uberharddisc and supraprocessors (I know almost nothing about such things, but am somewhat excited about having a kick ass machine).
low: I need to learn perl. In itself this will be a good thing, but at the moment it is rather scary.

thecommabandit

Postby thecommabandit » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:55 pm UTC

High: Mass Effect arrived today! WEEE! It's installing now.
Low: I have to learn lots of maths work for Monday, and when I say lots, I mean about half a year's worth of learning. From a pretty unhelpful textbook. Thus, I cannot play ME much.
Low: I'm going to a party tonight, which means I can't stay home and play ME.
High: I'm going to a party tonight.
Low: Parties aren't really the kind of thing I enjoy.

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:07 am UTC

So far (it's only 1.00pm):

High - cleaning my flat

High - pizza for lunch (nom nom nom)

High - almost finished backing up 400gb of music o_O

Low - stressing about my date tonight and still having ~8 hours until I need to leave *gah*
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:25 am UTC

High: Paycheck.
Low: ABC messed up their episode viewer, and now Firefox hangs when I try watching Lost.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

'; DROP DATABASE;--

Postby '; DROP DATABASE;-- » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:25 am UTC

High: One of my cow-orkers, who is extremely adept at complaining about everything and pissing me off to no end, quit today. :D
Low: Last night (after midnight, so technically today) I tried to watch my new DVD in mplayer, but some sort of DRM scheme made it unplayable. :evil: There's a patch, but I have to recompile mplayer to apply it.
poxic wrote:You suck. And simultaneously rock. I think you've invented a new state of being.

Sarr

Postby Sarr » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:42 pm UTC

This is for yesterday, but w/e.

High - Going to my FLGS to paint some 40k with a friend.
Low - More friends showed up just as I had to go.
High - Going to a party. Saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while, and saw a pretty good band play.
Rakysh wrote:Basically, xkcd is basically for punching into submission the dumb frat guy in your brain.

Bengal

Postby Bengal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:56 am UTC

High: Finished my bio and chem lab worksheets

Low: I screwed up big time. I feel like a big pile of s*** right now. May I introduce you to my problem? Yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday so I decided to buy her a little card and a polarizing filter for her camera. This said card had "Honey, for your birthday, I’d like to tuck you in bed tonight!” on the front and on the inside "Oops! Sorry about that typo!". I found it quite funny and I thought that she would too. I wrote a couple of lines inside the card and some poor mathematical humour(She's a math geek). I gave her the card and her present but she clearly expressed how unromantic the card was (Obviously it wasn't meant to be romantic just a little funny). We arrived at her parents, ate some cake and I took her out to this Chinese Lantern Festival that was going on in our city. She leaved the card I wrote in the middle of the living room where, apparently, her mother read it. (Her parents are very strict about who she goes out with and they expect her to go out with a male exempt from any libido whatsoever(She is 18 fyi)) During our night out, everything went splendidly well, we even made out on some rocks by the shore(Hopeless romantics that we are...). When she arrived home she started texting me about how stupid I was for giving her that card. We decided to go off to sleep and talk about this later on that day. Tonight, she started texting me again to say that I messed up big time. She even included that "...we're probably going to end up breaking up over this *whimpers* and its not just about the card either." in her message. We decided to go to sleep yet again since our homeworks had destroyed us and she didn't have enough energy to scream and shout. And this is how, my friends, I ended up coming here and writing about it. I can't talk to her and I'm stuck with that huge amount of stress, with no one but you to read and probably criticize me.

...Can't sleep Yay.

mrorange
Something from Reservoir Dogs, perhaps?

Postby mrorange » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:22 am UTC

High: there some cool people in my fleet on this stupid free online game.
High: im a huge geek
low: girl had a tough time this weekend :(
high: grendel is a perplexingly weird and philosophical book, i love it.
Truth be told/If I can be so bold/Your sig did inspire/What here did transpire/So that you would me admire/cause me to aspire/to greater heights/of lyrical plights.
-ThorFluff
BomanTheBear wrote: but then i started playing rugby and breakdancing.

wing
the /b/slayer

Postby wing » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:51 am UTC

Bengal wrote:snip

*hugs* You're not alone tonight in the I-can't-sleep-because-I-broke-the-universe-with-one-tiny-action club.
I AM A SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
Akula wrote:Our team has turned into this hate-fueled juggernaut of profit. It's goddamn wonderful.

misskwiz

Postby misskwiz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:02 pm UTC

@Bengal: That's a pretty intense first post, *hugs*

High: Installing bbLean and RocketDock on my then ugly windows computer.

Low: I'm still up at 7am and I have school. What the fuck. I mean it starts at 1pm but still.
I am currently enjoying the pathetic anger bread of a dissatisfied life.

Blinke

Postby Blinke » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

Low: Maths homework and politics assignment taking up 95% of my day, and I'm not even done yet.
Low: Good online friend said no to going to the cinema with his IRL friends so he could stay home and play games with me (don't ask me why, it's his birthday today). Since I'm stuck doing the previously mentioned assignment that's due in tomorrow, he's stuck at home all alone. He implies that it's my fault, leaving me feeling all shitty and unable to concentrate. Sigh.

High point? Haven't had one yet.

Teapot

Postby Teapot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:05 pm UTC

Low:I thought that my tutorials were going to be on Wednesday, which fucked up plans I'd made with Lolsaur and made me feel crap :(
High: They only start next week, and they're only every second week rather than every week like I thought. :D
High: My nana did my washing for me and made me dinner and gave me some food so I don't starve at uni (I know I should be doing my own washing, I'm just kind of lazy)
Low: The list of books I need for this year is over £100 D: I think I only actually NEED to buy one though... the rest are just reccomended, so maybe I can just get them from the library...
Jessica wrote:Dammit, teapot is better than everyone else.
Moo wrote:
pseudoidiot wrote:Localized, non-contagious willy leprosy?
"I'm sorry, sir, it's LNWL. There's nothing we can do".

Bengal

Postby Bengal » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:23 pm UTC

wing wrote:
Bengal wrote:snip

*hugs* You're not alone tonight in the I-can't-sleep-because-I-broke-the-universe-with-one-tiny-action club.

Yay...Much appreciated. Universe breakers unite!

@MisterKwiz: Why thank you, I guess?

Wouhou! Hugs! Who knew this forum was filled with loving huggers!

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:02 pm UTC

Bengal gets a *hug* from me too. I really wish things had gone better.

bbctol
Super Deluxe Forum Title of DESTINYâ„¢

Postby bbctol » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Low: I completely messed up the first chem quiz of the year today. The boron bonds to the nitrogen! The fluorines don't bond to the hydrogens! [/rant]
High: At least I'm not the only one. The average grade for sophomore honors chemistry at our school is around a B-, which may have to do with the fact that we're learning college chem 101.

enph

Postby enph » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

High: Being distracted of how boring, uninteresting, and repetitive every day has become.

Low: Not being distracted.

Ross,

Postby Ross, » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:36 pm UTC

Low: Walking the mile or so from school to an opticians apppintment only to find it's two hours later than they told me.

High: Someone's bright idea to microwave a calculator. In school. With the Head of Year unwittingly standing next to the kitchen.
Spoiler:
This spoiler is empty.

Savara

Postby Savara » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:41 pm UTC

cyberia wrote:Low - supermassivehangover

High - date with a nice girl went really well

Is other girl off the books then? :?

High - lazy day.
Low - lazy day.
'Ridcully was to management what King Herod was to the Bethlehem Playgroup Association'

cyberia

Postby cyberia » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:14 am UTC

Savara wrote:
cyberia wrote:Low - supermassivehangover

High - date with a nice girl went really well

Is other girl off the books then? :?

High - lazy day.
Low - lazy day.

Which one? I'm normally cycling through half a dozen girls at any one time. But for the moment it appears that I may be dating one girl (haven't confirmed our relationship status with her yet) and am still kinda half-heartedly pursuing two others (I'm basically a terrible person).
The patron saint of self-injury. And the glitter sores will heal themselves.

"Somebody said, 'every moment of your life, of everybody's lives, is an unpremeditated work of art'. That's creativity, that's all I know about creativity."

Return to “General”